BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 90 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There seem to be several supposed national club championships in Florida over Christmas break (Dicks, Madlax etc.)

Which tournament, if any, are the better 2020 teams going to?

No need to go. We all know, Crush are the Natiional Champions. Beat the best of the best from all over the USA in Denver and did it in style.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm trying to find a strong B /(not so strong) A team for my son. He is better than average B player but not quite at elite level. He has been improving over the past few years but unfortunately, he is not affiliated with a strong program so spots for a kid on the come are limited. Does anyone have an opinion of a team that will challenge him but not overwhelm him?

Thanks,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great turnout legacy!! Zummo your doing a great job keep it up!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy picked up some Crush. Where will the Terps fall out in the pecking order?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws or Igloo would be a good option for you depending on where you live.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There seem to be several supposed national club championships in Florida over Christmas break (Dicks, Madlax etc.)

No need to go. We all know, Crush are the Natiional Champions. Beat the best of the best from all over the USA in Denver and did it in style.

They are the best, but that Denver tournament sucked and the teams that attended were weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy picked up some Crush. Where will the Terps fall out in the pecking order?

Are saying offers have gone out for Taz team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are the best, but that Denver tournament sucked and the teams that attended were weak.

So you're sons team beat the "weak" Crabs this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying your team beat the Crabs or Crush this summer? I would say they are the two best teams out there and despite the lesser known teams being at the World Series, I would say the two strongest teams in the country were in the championship game. That said, I do not believe they beat the weak Crabs- they beat the Crabs teams that were age appropriate for u13. The stronger Crab team can play in High School if they want- possibly even as Sophmores! So maybe the new improved Crabs should be called 2018/2019 instead of 2020. Fooling no one- just gaming the system- but yes, no rules are broken- we know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws or Igloo would be a good option for you depending on where you live.

Outlaws have new coaches in this age group for the upcoming year and they have excellent reputations so you should consider them from that perspective instead of relying on what you may hear or have already heard about prior coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush dad trying to stay relevant. Please this is a big year lots of changes worry about your own team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No matter who they bring in the coaching change should be viewed as a positive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying your team beat the Crabs or Crush this summer? I would say they are the two best teams out there and despite the lesser known teams being at the World Series, I would say the two strongest teams in the country were in the championship game. That said, I do not believe they beat the weak Crabs- they beat the Crabs teams that were age appropriate for u13. The stronger Crab team can play in High School if they want- possibly even as Sophmores! So maybe the new improved Crabs should be called 2018/2019 instead of 2020. Fooling no one- just gaming the system- but yes, no rules are broken- we know.

Most elite 2020 teams can probably beat the Crabs weak "2020" team. Good players but nothing special without their holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of the teams picked yet with tryouts completed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another big turnout for Bluefish.....Impressed that the evaluators were actively coaching/teaching/encouraging (especially Powers, Tierney and Allen) during the tryout. Not just a bunch of guys silently watching while holding clipboards. Thought it was actually very well done..Also liked how Tierney talked to the parents and kids in a group after each tryout, hung around to answer questions, etc. Very different than other tryouts we have been to recently.

Question is who will take the leap? Several major clubs have offers out and teams largely if not entirely selected. Noticed lots of GC and several True Blue helmets trying out. A couple good Viper players there as well as 1-2 from Igloo. Heard group of TB parents talking about running from Hofstra directly to Massapequa for their tryout. Think everybody is juggling tryouts and tyring to do what's best for their kid. It is a crazy time!

So as others have said, if the best talent signed on this could be a very legitimate team which no doubt will be propelled by excellent coaching. Again,really liked that aspect of the thing. I just don't know how many of these top kids will actually end up on the team. They promised emails by mid-week, but some of the kids they have on their list may even be gone by then. The whole "force you to commit in 24-48hrs" thing is another unpleasant aspect of this process.....but I digress.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of the teams picked yet with tryouts completed.

Most A teams were picked two weeks ago...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another big turnout for Bluefish.....Impressed that the evaluators were actively coaching/teaching/encouraging (especially Powers, Tierney and Allen) during the tryout. Not just a bunch of guys silently watching while holding clipboards. Thought it was actually very well done..Also liked how Tierney talked to the parents and kids in a group after each tryout, hung around to answer questions, etc. Very different than other tryouts we have been to recently.

Question is who will take the leap? Several major clubs have offers out and teams largely if not entirely selected. Noticed lots of GC and several True Blue helmets trying out. A couple good Viper players there as well as 1-2 from Igloo. Heard group of TB parents talking about running from Hofstra directly to Massapequa for their tryout. Think everybody is juggling tryouts and tyring to do what's best for their kid. It is a crazy time!

So as others have said, if the best talent signed on this could be a very legitimate team which no doubt will be propelled by excellent coaching. Again,really liked that aspect of the thing. I just don't know how many of these top kids will actually end up on the team. They promised emails by mid-week, but some of the kids they have on their list may even be gone by then. The whole "force you to commit in 24-48hrs" thing is another unpleasant aspect of this process.....but I digress.

It is great to hear that Bluefish seems to be drawing talent, it has potential to draw kids from the area that don't wish to travel as much to practice, but like you said, you don't know who is going where. If you go with a bunch of kids you have an advantage, but being on the outside, you only hope they retained a bunch of the better talent from try outs. I really think once the age thing is settled, if ever, there should be some work done on try outs. It would be so much easier for the whole if a coach retained the players he wanted to keep and allowed those that he felt needed to move on go, ahead of the big try outs so there are no surprises and then when everyone attends try outs- you know which positions are available and you know how that team competes and if you have a shot. Wishful thinking and certainly not easy for the kid that gets let go, but possibly a more gentle way than not receiving an email.

As for the. 24 hour decision- I never heard of a club doing that. My boys were always given a week, maybe five days at the least. My kids have played for various clubs over the many years and it was never 24 hrs. I hope no one is actually pushing that time frame. That said, there's a kid whose heart is crushed and wants a spot and anxiously waiting to see if someone declines , so from the other side, I hope if families know they aren't accepting, they do ds quickly, not for the club but for the kids waiting for a spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish shouldnt't be billed as a south Nassau team . I know for a fact there were several players there for tryouts from all over the island. The opportunity to be coached by Mr. Powers is a huge draw...point being players weren't there because it was close or convenient necessarily. If Bluefish want to make a very good 2020 team they should be a little more proactive then wait until Wednesday to reach out to players by email. If, for example, Mr. Powers called the players he wants to coach and had a definite game plan for the team you might have a winner here. The Bluefish website has tuition listed but doesn't know what equipment, if any, you will receive yet....kind of vague to plunk down money. Nonetheless, I think the program has great possibilities if handled correctly. Fear the Fish!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is great to hear that Bluefish seems to be drawing talent, it has potential to draw kids from the area that don't wish to travel as much to practice, but like you said, you don't know who is going where. If you go with a bunch of kids you have an advantage, but being on the outside, you only hope they retained a bunch of the better talent from try outs. I really think once the age thing is settled, if ever, there should be some work done on try outs. It would be so much easier for the whole if a coach retained the players he wanted to keep and allowed those that he felt needed to move on go, ahead of the big try outs so there are no surprises and then when everyone attends try outs- you know which positions are available and you know how that team competes and if you have a shot. Wishful thinking and certainly not easy for the kid that gets let go, but possibly a more gentle way than not receiving an email.

As for the. 24 hour decision- I never heard of a club doing that. My boys were always given a week, maybe five days at the least. My kids have played for various clubs over the many years and it was never 24 hrs. I hope no one is actually pushing that time frame. That said, there's a kid whose heart is crushed and wants a spot and anxiously waiting to see if someone declines , so from the other side, I hope if families know they aren't accepting, they do ds quickly, not for the club but for the kids waiting for a spot.

I agree with what you are saying. Why make a kid the coach has already decided to cut try out. The kid could have spectacular tryout and still be cut because decisions have already been made. I also know of kids who have incredible tryouts not make a team in favor of keeping a much more mediocre kid whose parents are friends with coach. With a new team, it is really hard to know what you will get, and maybe not worth the gamble if you already are on a decent well established team. I agree that the coach should cut the kids he doesn't want to keep, before tryouts. At least those kids then have the opportunity to try out for other teams and not sit around waiting for an email. Oh, but then the greedy directors would not be able to collect more tryout money. That is just not right! I also don't like the idea that many kids tryout but have no intention of playing on the team. I would not want my son to be second choice after someone else declined. Good luck to all the boys, and for those who are cut, you will survive. Work hard and stay positive. Many of today's best players were cut at some point, and went on success in a big way. All while the coach that cut them scratches his head!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Express Wolverines(2) some huge upgrades especially at the midfield and defense
Added very good viper players and rvc kids.

Definitely made themselves a real solid team

CRUSH
TERPS
LEGACY
WOVERINES
top 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Express Wolverines(2) some huge upgrades especially at the midfield and defense

CRUSH
TERPS
LEGACY
WOVERINES
top 4

Upgrades to team 1 or team 2? Did Team 1 make themselves stronger? They needed to shake it up a bit too- no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush got some very good upgrades themselves. Same goes for Terps..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CRUSH
TERPS
LEGACY
WOVERINES
top 4

You call all of the teams except for one by their team name why is that5c

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm unaware if Legacy has a team name
Do they have another 2020 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz is their team name, coaches initials. I prefer to be called Koko the monkey myself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey wolverine dad pipe down you are not number 4 unless your terps team took a hit and went down. Everything will be settled on the field. Remember other teams on your list made some huge upgrades. But don't come on here pounding there chests! And not every kid you or other teams think they got. They did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many goalies at 2020 bluefish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many goalies at 2020 bluefish

There was at least 6 goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were 9 this week and 6 last week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the "on paper" rankings of the AA MD clubs besed on what we know about tryout results?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the goalies were strong, all shapes and sizes but they all looked like they could play the position. Good to see a lot of strong goalies battling it out, looked they were tested pretty good by the coaches and the players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the "on paper" rankings of the AA MD clubs besed on what we know about tryout results?

Per Crabs parents, they are number 1 and everyone else sucks! Just ask one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess it really depends if you are considering the Crabs holdback loaded team in the mix. Of course "on paper" they will be number one but everyone knows their deal and discounts them as a true 2020. Looneys, Hawks, Breakers (now Team 91 Maryland) and FCA Blue. These 4 on any given day flip flop in rankings. Looneys lost a few players, Hawks tends to remain consistent, Breakers replaced 4 or 5 players and FCA was expected to have some 2020s that were playing 2019 move down to 2020. Should be a good year as these kids approach high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess it really depends if you are considering the Crabs holdback loaded team in the mix. Of course "on paper" they will be number one but everyone knows their deal and discounts them as a true 2020. Looneys, Hawks, Breakers (now Team 91 Maryland) and FCA Blue. These 4 on any given day flip flop in rankings. Looneys lost a few players, Hawks tends to remain consistent, Breakers replaced 4 or 5 players and FCA was expected to have some 2020s that were playing 2019 move down to 2020. Should be a good year as these kids approach high school.

Maryland has it's own thread. How are the LI teams shaping up? Seems to be a lot of player movement this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year? Every year there is a lot of player movement. There will be a lot of player movement every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Viper had a very good team last year. Seems like several of their players may be on the move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big year of movement for the Vipers. A few of their top players are going to private school so they are on the move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big year of movement for the Vipers. A few of their top players are going to private school so they are on the move.

Where did you hear that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he read it on back of the cage.

A
Anonymous