BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We scrimmaged Black in early Spring and we won in a very lopsided fashion. It would be hard to rank them up there with the A teams, but I have no idea how their season turned out. Thinking about ditching current club- buried on 3rd line- for a B team in hopes of getting real playing time. These guys looked like an option. One of the better B's in a manner of speaking...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Agree 100 percent. Can start practice early too.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
What do people think about the early tryouts. I like it because the kids have just stop playing and are not too rusty and get it over with early. Any other thoughts?

Like them- kids still in the flow- before school starts- football not fully into season- parents find out the team and possible tournaments for the Fall early on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are incorrect.....There was 1, yes 1 player on the TLI team that this applies to, although he was a younger kid. 99% of that team is 2021. FACT.

True...however does that TLI team still exist? Heard most of that team was going to Empire.
[/quote
98% not 99%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 3 teams at this age. A team is a very good and could be considered solid B team and well coached. You get your moneys worth. B team is marginal. They had some success in weak tournaments but don't play or practice enough. C team is money grab. They will make a 4th team if the checks keep rolling in. But I guess thats every club. Make sure to visit the gift shop and save the date for annual the golf outing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This team is a solid A team. Not quite a AA. Will compete with and beat most A teams but struggles with the top tier.
Solid group of kids with a good group of parents. Only two players have not returned to tryouts over the last two years. Generally a happy group with even playing time.
coaching is good and very eager. You will see well above promised practices and play in many extra tournaments.
Can anyone comment on Outlaws black team? Competitive? Coaching? Are they a good group?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws coaches announced. 2021 Black is now "Select". Black was a very good team but I don't know what the intent is with the name change. Silver is the new Black. No Silver team coach listed. Is this just to create a C team but not call it a C team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
legacy tryouts were last night. how many kids showed up? what was the talent like? how were tryouts run?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has over 200 kids right now for 2021 and 2022 at the fields

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were about 65 2021 kids at Legacy. Gonna be 2 teams
talent was ok at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout is a joke - 2021 100+ kids and two clip boards....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must of been looking at both age groups. 2020 was there also. Tops 65 kids for the 2021 legacy group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 2020 group had 110 kids tryout I counted them. 2021 approx. 80. 2021 A team should be pretty good had a few 91 A kids tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about igloo or legacy[
quote=Anonymous]Tryout is a joke - 2021 100+ kids and two clip boards.... [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo had 200+ kids there for 2021, and it seemed that most belonged there. There were over 30 kids trying out for attack and another 30 for defense. I was hesitant when the announced a 4 hour tryout, but I really was impressed at how well run they did it. It is worth trying out for to get a great clinic. The boys are being instructed while trying out. Never seen anything like it. Wish my son could have done it last year, but we were out of town. It seems that they will be able to field 2 good teams. I spoke to a dad who moved to the Avalanche team, and they were very happy with their progress for a first year program. His son is only trying out for them, and they left 91 to move to Avalanche.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sound like a great PR guy for igloo are you one of the directors or a dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now the number for 2021 has moved up to 200 plus. I talked to an Igloo coach and as of yesterday they had only 98. they dont take walk ons. Even if they did they had over 100 walk ons today?

Igloo had 200+ kids there for 2021, and it seemed that most belonged there. There were over 30 kids trying out for attack and another 30 for defense. I was hesitant when the announced a 4 hour tryout, but I really was impressed at how well run they did it. It is worth trying out for to get a great clinic. The boys are being instructed while trying out. Never seen anything like it. Wish my son could have done it last year, but we were out of town. It seems that they will be able to field 2 good teams. I spoke to a dad who moved to the Avalanche team, and they were very happy with their progress for a first year program. His son is only trying out for them, and they left 91 to move to Avalanche.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would greatly appreciate any information on the icon lacrosse program at this age level please. how many teams will they field, what is the quality and style of coaching, what tournaments do they play in, and any other helpful information please. thank you very much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every kid on LI that is going in to the 7th grade and plays lax is at the tryouts...Its unprecedented....C'mon man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now the number for 2021 has moved up to 200 plus. I talked to an Igloo coach and as of yesterday they had only 98. they dont take walk ons. Even if they did they had over 100 walk ons today?

I counted just attack and Defense, and there were 60 boys there alone. I would say about the same number of mids, so maybe 120. They were taking walk ons, and had them wait for everyone else to sign in first. I would say between 2020 & 2021 there were 200+

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I counted just attack and Defense, and there were 60 boys there alone. I would say about the same number of mids, so maybe 120. They were taking walk ons, and had them wait for everyone else to sign in first. I would say between 2020 & 2021 there were 200+

They no doubt take walk ons. Thet took a bunch of 32 kids at the 2024 2023 tryouts. It's jsut another grand in AA's pocket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about igloo or legacy[
quote=Anonymous]Tryout is a joke - 2021 100+ kids and two clip boards....
[/quote]

Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not an Icon parent but my sons team played the A team many times this year and in the past. Top team loads of talent. Although I know nothing about the coaches the team was very organized and you can tell they are well coached. My son has played against every top team and I place this team second in 2021 behind igloo. I know express beat them and most think 91 is better. Just my opinion. The second team I hear is a good B to b plus team. We have a friend that goes back every year but may not this year. The only negatives I know of or heard about is that they may not play or practice as much as other teams and some parents may be tough to get along with. But that could be with any team. They are worth the tryout if your son is a b plus or better player. Good luck.

i would greatly appreciate any information on the icon lacrosse program at this age level please. how many teams will they field, what is the quality and style of coaching, what tournaments do they play in, and any other helpful information please. thank you very much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They no doubt take walk ons. Thet took a bunch of 32 kids at the 2024 2023 tryouts. It's jsut another grand in AA's pocket

Good for him. 8 hours for $100, can't beat that. And they are pretty open about what they are doing. Even better, people are really looking at the costs and are seeing that they sound more expensive, but are really the same as the others when you consider all costs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sound like a great PR guy for igloo are you one of the directors or a dad
Nope, actually a PAL dad and my kid had a blast. I didn't realize that there were 2 age groups, so maybe 100+ for 2021 is more accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is a reasonable number of teams to try out for at this age group? 2? 3? obviously cant try out for them all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough call. Try out for any team he has an interest in if it fits your schedule and budget. Many 2021 rosters are already locked up so the more the better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has express started making calls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough call. Try out for any team he has an interest in if it fits your schedule and budget. Many 2021 rosters are already locked up so the more the better.

I think that is the most important piece of information new families or fairly new, need to know. Years ago, we were very naive to think that a try out was open. If there are 6 spots for attack , shouldn't they go to the best ? In actuality, they may be looking at 1 attack, or maybe none.

I'd call ahead and ask to speak with coach or director. If you are told every spot is open, I'd think twice if this is an established team. You can spend a lot of time and money chasing a spot on an A team that was not available at all .
That said, I do think that there is a lot of pros in keeping an established team together and it does lead to success as chemistry in playing together is important and coach already knows his players strengths and weaknesses.

In certain organizations, B teams aren't a bad choice. Kids DO get pulled up to A and do have a shot, even if you have been told otherwise. I've seen this happen in Express, 91 and some smaller clubs too.

Try out season is not always easy- lots of emotions and uncertainty when trying to find a team that fits right. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, all 50 kids make the A team, $125.00 shooting clinic starts Monday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express emails are out. Which are the A & B teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good question. Did the coaches change this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have been told that there is a coach on the 2021 outlaws who's son plays on the team. what position does he play? has he been on the team in prior years? do other players see less playing time due to favoritism?

to be clear, i am not trying to badmouth anyone's child, i am just looking for information to help make a team choice for my own son. my question does not call for any comments about the player's skill level or whether he is on the right level team.

thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the talent like at the outlaws tryout today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the kids played well and the tryout was well run

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches of team 1, 2, 3 of Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have been told that there is a coach on the 2021 outlaws who's son plays on the team. what position does he play? has he been on the team in prior years? do other players see less playing time due to favoritism?

to be clear, i am not trying to badmouth anyone's child, i am just looking for information to help make a team choice for my own son. my question does not call for any comments about the player's skill level or whether he is on the right level team.

thank you.
All of the 2021 coaches have kids on the team. AS a result you get a lot of extra practices. None of them abuse their position although those kids do seem to get yelled at more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems to be a mistery

A
Anonymous
Unregistered