BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Boys 2017-11th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Could be worst, we played TB 2017 in a showcase, and the coach was screaming kids names out and telling them do get off the field, your playing like crap, now why would anyone go back to that idiot.9vnvas

That's exactly what you want in front Coaches... Yikes

That joe cat for ya!!!!!

Curious.......who won the game???

who cares.....not any coaches who might be watching. You think they keep score?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
E-mail went out to 2017 black.

Any concerns from parents were taken into account, and changes have been made.

Rob Cornetta (Pace University Assistant) and Patrick Brennan (LI Outlaws Director) will be coaching the 2017 Black (A) team.

Pat Gorman and John Rowan will continue to coach the 2017 Select (AA).

Parents were affirmed there are spots available on both teams, and there are no more expanded rosters.

-Mike Brennan
631-487-6338

Thank you, Mike

This should put some of the issues to rest.

I would agree, Larry. Having the director of the program coach the A Team is great news and a giant leap forward in the right direction. This should avoid some of the huge mistakes that were made last year by the young coaches.

I'd recommend a tryout waiver as well for those who had the unfortunate experience of going to tournaments without goalies or with three long poles for an eight game tournament. (Just a suggestion of good faith).

Lets keep lacrosse in a positive light.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O no..a coach that yells at kids on the varsity HS level..what has the lacrosse world come to..you better smarten up quick softie..this is HS lacrosse and some kids get yelled at to correct mistakes. You don't like him or his style who cares Most kids I bet enjoy playing for him and that style. If you don't like it there are 25 other travel programs on LI you can string it up with But keep bashing from your LIE or BF hole in the wall. Makes you look good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could be worst, we played TB 2017 in a showcase, and the coach was screaming kids names out and telling them do get off the field, your playing like crap, now why would anyone go back to that idiot.9vnvas

That joe cat for ya!!!!!

HA....that gave me a good laugh. TB has spanked you everytime they played you since they started. in fact they practically shut you out in that showcase u speak of....how do you think that looked in front of ALL those coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Id say outlaw man sounds more like Hillary

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Outlaws always put an above average Team out on the field. For some reason they just don't get or beat the elite Teams. No elite lacrosse school verbals: JHU,Duke,Syracuse, UVA, UNC, MD, ND, ect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are not even a club team, just a bunch of no name washed up kids that beat you. And listen has you yelled and wined on the side lines. Lol love it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Outlaws always put an above average Team out on the field. For some reason they just don't get or beat the elite Teams. No elite lacrosse school verbals: JHU,Duke,Syracuse, UVA, UNC, MD, ND, ect.
I guess you have not heard of the Patriot League

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all those schools are what they seem. My son turned down several of them because, one is a dump. One is an inner city nerd fest, a couple others are under scandal investigation involving atheltes. It's about the right fit for the kid! Unless you are going to Harvard or Princeton , all the schools you mentioned have a downside!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That joe cat for ya!!!!!

HA....that gave me a good laugh. TB has spanked you everytime they played you since they started. in fact they practically shut you out in that showcase u speak of....how do you think that looked in front of ALL those coaches

still didn't matter, glad you are happy though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny. Last year we also heard how great it was going to be. So what, they added guys who are bringing kids to the club. Once you get past those 20 kids on select or A teams, it's all the same... Crappy practices, empty promises and mediocre coaching at best. Wake up everyone. And yes, my kid was not on A team and that's ok. But when you promise things that you don't deliver after $2400 you don't get a second chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny. Last year we also heard how great it was going to be. So what, they added guys who are bringing kids to the club. Once you get past those 20 kids on select or A teams, it's all the same... Crappy practices, empty promises and mediocre coaching at best. Wake up everyone. And yes, my kid was not on A team and that's ok. But when you promise things that you don't deliver after $2400 you don't get a second chance.

I hear that brother.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How hard is it going to be recruited if its your first time on an 'A' team ever? and were a nobody before?

If you are big, fast and hustle you will be recruited. Where you get recruited is a different story, the ACC teams are already filled. But get yourself a nice education in the Patriot League, and any one of those teams can win a title. Just see Loyola a couple of years ago.

This early recruiting crap, and the geographical spread will create parity at the next level. Just wait and see. LATE BLOOMERS will be the new trend, five years from now.

It will be great for NCAA lacrosse.

At this stage, better to go to a high end D3 than a low end D1. Don't hope to be "discovered" by a high end D1 - Unless your name is "Bubba" it won't happen and you'll be sorry you didn't respond to the better D3 programs that may have been interested. Respond to everything - the worst is when you have to crawl back to a program you were only lukewarm on because you had a fantasy of somewhere else that didn't work out. It happened to my son and he missed on some other great opportunities that he regrets passing on the first time around. Just as importantly, go see a D3 fall practice, it might open your eyes about the high quality of competition and will surprise you how good these D3 guys are. It's a phenomenal quality of lacrosse and many current D1 hopefuls that are not yet recruited may be surprised that they're not even good enough for many of the high end D3 programs. Many of the high end D3s could easily beat the middle to lower tier D1s.

Yes and no. The decommit trend is just starting to hit its stride and the result is spots and $ opening up, even at big lax schools. UNC just had 3 2016 decommits and this opened up a spot and $ for an under the radar 2017 only a couple of days ago. ND has been hit with multiple commits opting for football over the last few years. Agreed, this is defintely the exception, not the rule, but if your kid is a legit, grew to 6'4" over the summer, type of late bloomer, then spots will be made available even at the big lax schools. But if your kid is playing A for the first time only because the committed kids decided to skip club, and your kid is the last kid on the depth chart, the above advice is spot on. Better to concentrate on the best D3's then worst D1's. You aren't missing out on your shot at an NFL type contract, you need to find the best school to get your son the best paying career. You just need to be honest with yourselves about where your kid sits. Best person to talk to is your HS coach, presumably he has dealt with this a lot and should be able to tell you what level your kid is sitting at.

Why does height always need to be the primary reason for a commit? How about be a stand out player. Recent UNC commit you speak of is 5' 10" not 6'4" He was also never an under the radar player, just maybe jumped too early at the first offer, he has been a stand out for years and knew he could demand better offers than he could as a freshman.

The kid I'm talking about is a 6'4" Canadian heading into grade 12 and having to do a PG. For a school like UNC, I would say he fits the bill as under the radar. Height doesn't always need to be the primary reason, but when talking about a kid flying under the radar and getting scooped up by a big conference school late in the game, it's often because the kid came into his own physically, whether in height or weight or both. Why do you think so many people are double reclassing their kids now? Their size advantage sticks out and college coaches love it. Like it or not, it's the first thing they look for, even before skill.

Not True. Stick Skills and ability to play at high speed is what coaches are looking at. Large Defenders can be exploited by small attackers if they don't have great footwork and mobility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the UNC coach talk about recruiting a few weeks ago and he said a few interesting things:
1. He is starting to back away from the recruiting of freshman, they have lost several early recruits and he feels (and he hopes) that the trend is going to start to go later because of it.
2. When describing what they look for, the first thing out of his mouth was "big and strong", then a dad asked about smaller guys and he said, if they can run like the wind, then yes there is a place. He then mentioned Sankey who was working at the camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the UNC coach talk about recruiting a few weeks ago and he said a few interesting things:
1. He is starting to back away from the recruiting of freshman, they have lost several early recruits and he feels (and he hopes) that the trend is going to start to go later because of it.
2. When describing what they look for, the first thing out of his mouth was "big and strong", then a dad asked about smaller guys and he said, if they can run like the wind, then yes there is a place. He then mentioned Sankey who was working at the camp.
He is a hypocrite and full of sh--

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that UNC is maybe rethinking it because they have had several guys reneg on their verbals. That said, they, UVA and Hopkins are at the forefront of the early recruiting fiasco, so his words are disingenuous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that UNC is maybe rethinking it because they have had several guys reneg on their verbals. That said, they, UVA and Hopkins are at the forefront of the early recruiting fiasco, so his words are disingenuous.

He will probably be looking for another job if he continues down the road he is on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a hypocrite and full of sh--

It is the "I have to do it because they do it" defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. UNC committed a 2019 recently. So I don't think anything has changed. They are having a 2019 prospect day in October so it seems like they are still very active. They may wish it would change but until Starsia and Petro change tactics it wont.
2. UNC loses recruits who commit early when their grades improve and are now able to get into a better quality school. They pick up recruits from lower quality schools or when kids at the higher schools don't have grades and trade down.
3. UNC recruits all sizes of players. Last year they had kids ranging in size from 5-5 to 6-6. Common denominator is stick skills and ability to play at high speed. The coach does have a preference for athletic kids, although not sure that has really made a difference against other top 10 teams they play.
4. UNC Coach is in the business of making money from camps and does a great job at that.
5. The top Long Island kids will always be recruited by the ACC schools. So keep working hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what is the breakdown for the 2017 Express teams? I know at least 2 teams invites went out yesterday and trying to figure out if $2,600 makes sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what is the breakdown for the 2017 Express teams? I know at least 2 teams invites went out yesterday and trying to figure out if $2,600 makes sense.

2 teams A and B. Jack Moran is the head coach of the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U have do be a total idiot to play on either team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that 5/25 of the 5 star prospects in the class play for express. No other LI team repressed there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that 5/25 of the 5 star prospects in the class play for express. No other LI team repressed there.

If you haven't figured out by now, there is a relationship between the guy who runs the website and the Turtles. Not taking any thing away from the kids they are all fantastic, but I can name 25 other kids who are just as good if not better than the kids he listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I suppose UVA is paying him since they have 5 guys in there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the Turtles.....

How do you explain that one??? ...

Easy.... they are all Turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for express 2017 team this year you can't just sign up for their tryout you have to be invited or can you still go on the website and sign up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for express 2017 team this year you can't just sign up for their tryout you have to be invited or can you still go on the website and sign up?

Channy has to call you. If you don't hear from him by next week give him a call. I am sure he will be happy to take your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Invite only, no try outs for 2017

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No other LI boys considered 5 star recruits in this age group? Can't argue with the boys picked! Big accolade for Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No other LI boys considered 5 star recruits in this age group? Can't argue with the boys picked! Big accolade for Express

It is just one persons opinion. The Long Island kids are deserving of respect. I question a number of the others on the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the early season tryout figures or the clubs. Considering all the chatter I am assuming the numbers for the 2017 years are down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
28 at the Outlaw 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That joe cat for ya!!!!!

Actually, TB lost that game to LI Tide, so it made Tide look great "in front of ALL those coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All 3 coaches...love it..Who cares..Both teams have really good kids..Who really cares who wins a game like that is the parents..some weird thing they have to justify something..move on man..more to life to worry about. alot of those kids are friends..let it go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only count 15 LI Boys on Ty's Top 100 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mostly Turtles! Many of them fell off from last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These lists are fun to read, but if you take them seriously your crazy. Too many kids playing across the country. I'm sure there are 100 more just as good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
without a doubt there are 100 more at least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are wrong. There is more

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard