BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 76 1 2 3 4 5 75 76
Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I believe it's one of the assistant's from the original team.

which one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

at Bluefish tryouts saw Levittown club coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

I hope that is not the case. Let JA know it will be a big mistake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 express should be the team to beat this year with the best 32 kids coming over and several better igloo kids and united kids trying out. I believe express and smash separate themselves as AA teams, igloo remains A with united, team LI etc. if your son can make express, that is a good spot.

So what about Outlaws A team where do they rank ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 express should be the team to beat this year with the best 32 kids coming over and several better igloo kids and united kids trying out. I believe express and smash separate themselves as AA teams, igloo remains A with united, team LI etc. if your son can make express, that is a good spot.

Who cares where "they rank"?! None of these arbitrary rankings by anonymous people mean anything. And for that matter, the team to beat is the one your sons team happens to be playing against.

Any team can be beaten, that's why they play the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't Outlaws just lose to a town team last month?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That express team you are bragging about lost to that same town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That express team you are bragging about lost to that same town team.

Manhasset32?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have any thoughts about True Blue..I Was at Igloo tryouts today and was told Trueblue 2022 had about 12 practices this past summer once a week for about an hour. . Sounds light to me. Any truth to that? Practice is probably the most important thing at this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have any thoughts about True Blue..I Was at Igloo tryouts today and was told Trueblue 2022 had about 12 practices this past summer once a week for about an hour. . Sounds light to me. Any truth to that? Practice is probably the most important thing at this age group

they had 2 teams at this age group. had 4 or 5 practices in the fall and did 2 fall tournament. Had a winter training session every Sunday(jan-march) that was extra for anyone who wanted to attend. 5 spring/summer tournaments and yes they practiced once a week for 90 minutes or so. there were a couple weeks that there were 2 practices. the fee was $1350. one fall tournament and the winter training was extra. I believe it was a total of less than $250 for the extra fall tournament and the winter training.

both coaches were non parent( I believe one is an Adelphi coach)and we liked the coach of our team and my son had a very good experience and will be going back to try out. I heard good things about the coach of the other team as well. I am sure others may of had different opinions of their experience.

not sure if they are doing 2 teams or not this year but call and ask. for what they charge it is a great deal for what you get. if you have any questions I would just reach out to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were 2 teams in this age group, I can only speak for my sons team which was coached by KY. Yes they only practiced once per week but practice lasted between an hour and half - 2 hours there were a lot more than 12 practices not sure how many but more. They did some fall practices and a tournament, winter practices and winter tournament. Then spring they practiced from March till the end of July which was there last tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son also played with KY and there were very few practices. We practiced twice in the fall about five times in the winter that we payed additional for. About 8 or 9 times in the summer starting in May a week before tournaments started. The practices were once a week and not very good for an1hr.The fall & winter tournaments were additional set up by a parent. Communication was poor and most practices were sent out the night before. You'll get a whole speach about how there cheaper and they have college coaching ,etc.. It all sounds great but you'll get very few practices and and whole lot of lip service .your not going to get more than 10-12 practices..the majority of parents and kids weren't happy..any time you had a question or concern they acted like they were doing you a favor.

Make sure you ask questions at try outs..how many practices, when will they be,who will be coaching etc..also ask the parents of the kids of KY's team what they honestly thought before you except any invites..
Sent from my iPhone

There were 2 teams in this age group, I can only speak for my sons team which was coached by KY. Yes they only practiced once per week but practice lasted between an hour and half - 2 hours there were a lot more than 12 practices not sure how many but more. They did some fall practices and a tournament, winter practices and winter tournament. Then spring they practiced from March till the end of July which was there last tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son also played with KY and there were very few practices. We practiced twice in the fall about five times in the winter that we payed additional for. About 8 or 9 times in the summer starting in May a week before tournaments started. The practices were once a week and not very good for an1hr.The fall & winter tournaments were additional set up by a parent. Communication was poor and most practices were sent out the night before. You'll get a whole speach about how there cheaper and they have college coaching ,etc.. It all sounds great but you'll get very few practices and and whole lot of lip service .your not going to get more than 10-12 practices..the majority of parents and kids weren't happy..any time you had a question or concern they acted like they were doing you a favor.

Make sure you ask questions at try outs..how many practices, when will they be,who will be coaching etc..also ask the parents of the kids of KY's team what they honestly thought before you except any invites..
Sent from my iPhone

I agree that there was a communication problem with practices schedules being sent out the night before. That was due to the fat that the coach also coaches at adelphi and his team was in the DII tournament. Most parents expressed the displeasure with it and it was fixed. All of the practices except for one lasted at least an hour and a half if not more. The kids also had more that 8-9 practices in the summer and they did start before May. May was the time of the communication problem and they were practices before that.

Yes you are correct some parents were unhappy witht the program but there are many who were happy. The problem I think came from the parents. Most parents expected the team to be an A team. They were not, but the director exlained this in the fall. He spelled out excatly what the team would be. They were not going to compete with A teams most of kids were on a club team for the first time. But some thought their kids were better than they were. I heard all the complaints on the side line, did not agree with most. the other problem was a few Dads thought they were better coaches than the coach. KY held a parent meeting at one of the tournaments and pretty much told the parents to SHUT UP!! STOP coaching & yelling from the side lines. I know two parents were asked not to come back!!
Any way they were some who were happy and some who were not. Differnet levels of teams through out Long Island. everyone needs to find a team that they feel comfortable with. Not all of our kids are going to be super stars. This team and coach worked well fOR my son he learned a lot, improved, increased his Lacrosse IQ and hade FUN!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"the other problem was a few Dads thought they were better coaches than the coach".

A couple of the dads on my son's team were like this. Nice guys, but I felt like telling them to shut up. I can only imagine what it's like to be a kid out there listening to the coach on one side and the wannabe coaches on the other

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can tell what posts are from directors of TB on here and what are from actual parents..I urge you to make sure you ask parents of KY's team (kids with grey TB helmets) at the try out or at other tryouts what they thought.. MyHonest opinion my kid got a lot of playing time but very little coaching..Agin ask a lot t of questions and don't get suckered by JC's sales speach
Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has completed the tryouts or are near complete at this grade? I know Express is done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has completed the tryouts or are near complete at this grade? I know Express is done.

TLI is done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has one left on Tuesday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Express emails go out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Express emails go out?

Haven't gotten one as yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express email is out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Express teams are there? Team Channy and Team Lynott. Any others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Lynott and Channy not coaching together next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express email is out!

If express keeps most of the team they will be low end ..I hope they make major changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express email is out!

If express keeps most of the team they will be low end ..I hope they make major changes

looks like major changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hoping for major changes. Anyone have any insight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can tell what posts are from directors of TB on here and what are from actual parents..I urge you to make sure you ask parents of KY's team (kids with grey TB helmets) at the try out or at other tryouts what they thought.. MyHonest opinion my kid got a lot of playing time but very little coaching..Agin ask a lot t of questions and don't get suckered by JC's sales speach
Good luck

I guess there were a lot of parents who thought this team could be a good fit. Over 50 kids at the tryout today. Evaluators did a really good job working with and instructing the kids on the field. Looked like their could be a really solid team if the top kids decide to stay. Some good play from the middies and some big defenders. My kid really liked it. Hopefully they can get the better kids to stay.

Announced that coach Bentz will be the A team coach. I head nothing but really good things about him from the parents who played on his team last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails say Lynott assisting Channy for Team Channy and Channy assisting Lynott for Team Lynott.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express email is out!

looks like major changes

Not true mostly same kids as lastyear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the chatter on Express' two teams this year? How many return players? Are they equally talented?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express email is out!

looks like major changes

Not true mostly same kids as lastyear

not true. About half the team changed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the chatter on Express' two teams this year? How many return players? Are they equally talented?

as invited teams are strong. Not equal but more potential than usual second team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you want to play on a second B team for express? It was a disaster last year! It's not going to be better this year..save your money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you want to play on a second B team for express? It was a disaster last year! It's not going to be better this year..save your money

What happened to Express B last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to Express B last year?

Yeah...what was the issue with Express B?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will teams hold a roster spot if you do not make a decision by their deadline? M

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will teams hold a roster spot if you do not make a decision by their deadline? M

if they want your child badly enough absolutely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

I hope that is not the case. Let JA know it will be a big mistake.

who is coaching 2022?

Page 3 of 76 1 2 3 4 5 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard