BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 73 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
11 yr old 4th grader? Go away you little jealous man. Weak

hahaha someone hit a nerve. As expected your vicariously living through you hold back kid. Go back to the water cooler to tell all your coworkers how little johnny is such a lax superstar and his age will be our little secret.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hit a nerve? Must suck not stacking up across the board in your life. Don't worry there's more tryout's next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is not on Taz or Igloo what are the next best programs/coaches for a good player based in Nassau . Please no bashing of clubs just want honest feedback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Larry, why was the comment about the DELETED tryouts tonight removed?

We give everyone the benefit of the doubt UNLESS they do not answer questions as to what comes to us from our sources. We do not promote these types of clubs. It is our responsibility to promote wholesome and upfront clubs.

Why is this club name mentioned on other BOTC threads without editing? Is it an issue with this 2024 age group for that club? I noticed you quickly edited the name of the team, not even the club name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is not on Taz or Igloo what are the next best programs/coaches for a good player based in Nassau . Please no bashing of clubs just want honest feedback.

Did you try Bluefish- the new program. Might be worth starting with them from the beginning.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would take a hard look at ICON, serious answer- tryouts this weekend at adelphi- unbiased, my son does not play for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are in Nassau - I would consider True Blue (don't have a son on the team but familiar with the program)...decent price and with a good coach, thought commitment and competitiveness of the team may not be as much as some of the other clubs over the course of a year...not sure about Bluefish given a 1st year club and concerns over quality/style of their coaching staff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any igloo calls gone out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is worth a look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express, Icon, Bluefish, Sharks, true Blue. They are all Nassau. For Icon & Bluefish it'll be their first year for this grade. I think the only club that will want to prac full year in Nassau in this age bracket is Express. They have tryouts tonight at Mitchell. It's 4th grade, all of these teams will be fine. It depends on the level of intensity you are looking for.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

11 year old, 10 year old... Either way you're a d-bag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son is entering 6th rade @ 11yrs. cheater

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

11 year old, 10 year old... Either way you're a d-bag.

No kid on "that team" will be 10 until December. Fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes igloo call have gone out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a bunch of sorry [lacrosse] old men whose glory days are over and trying to live through your kids. The fact that you go back and forth with stupid [lacrosse] comments over 9 year old boys is just so pathetic. What happened to just playing for the love of the game? Why are you all concerned about being the best? Are you all really pondering how to get your child a D1 scholarship? Newsflash.... the probability of that happening is extremely low and think about the sacrifice of having your child hate you because all you do is jam it down their throat. Ask yourself this....do you ever ask your child if they had fun? Or do you tell them that you LOVE to just to watch them play? I bet the answer to these questions are NO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a bunch of sorry [lacrosse] old men whose glory days are over and trying to live through your kids. The fact that you go back and forth with stupid [lacrosse] comments over 9 year old boys is just so pathetic. What happened to just playing for the love of the game? Why are you all concerned about being the best? Are you all really pondering how to get your child a D1 scholarship? Newsflash.... the probability of that happening is extremely low and think about the sacrifice of having your child hate you because all you do is jam it down their throat. Ask yourself this....do you ever ask your child if they had fun? Or do you tell them that you LOVE to just to watch them play? I bet the answer to these questions are NO.

Your comments are spot on, but being involved with sports my entire life,the people you are describing are a small percentage. Thank god. Most parents are supportive and care about their kids being in a good situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your comments are spot on, but being involved with sports my entire life,the people you are describing are a small percentage. Thank god. Most parents are supportive and care about their kids being in a good situation.

Two of the best posts on this forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever since my friend told me about this forum I have stopped watching Netflix. Love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes igloo call have gone out

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is the furthest thing from wholesome. To allow people to bash coaches, parents, programs, then censor when some posts about a specific program seems a bit odd. There is some valuable information on this forum in between the Jerry Springer episodes which are permitted and in some instances encouraged. Whatever the issue there is between the folks that run this forum and the organization in question is their issue, but please stop with the "wholesome" comments. It doesnt pass the sniff test....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time ever posting here-you guys are funny-you only think about the age of the kids as it refers to sports. What about a child with learning disabilities. Maybe a child that had to repeat a year due to developmental delays-don't think that happens? Not every child who is slightly older is in the grade due to parental influence based on sports advantage. keep that in mind when bashing a child/parent because their child is 1/2 year or 10 months older. In reality, especially for boys, being the oldest in the grade is a not such a bad thing for maturity, socialization, and can result in better academics, which is really what will help most get into better schools and function better later on in the "real world". Reality is, that few will get scholarships for sports. We are talking about 4th graders here. It ain't all about sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time ever posting here-you guys are funny-you only think about the age of the kids as it refers to sports. What about a child with learning disabilities. Maybe a child that had to repeat a year due to developmental delays-don't think that happens? Not every child who is slightly older is in the grade due to parental influence based on sports advantage. keep that in mind when bashing a child/parent because their child is 1/2 year or 10 months older. In reality, especially for boys, being the oldest in the grade is a not such a bad thing for maturity, socialization, and can result in better academics, which is really what will help most get into better schools and function better later on in the "real world". Reality is, that few will get scholarships for sports. We are talking about 4th graders here. It ain't all about sports.

I have much empathy for the child that struggles. I held one son back because he only made the cut off by days and he is still immature to compared to his peers on grade level, never mind age wise. That said, I never expected that he would be given preferential treatment because I held him back when it came to sports. When he played hockey he played his age, but when he played town soccer he played grade. If he tried out for travel soccer, he'd play age again. Kids like my son are not the worry, but rather the exception to holdbacks. He is not a dominant force, but if he was, I would never expect that he be given an advantage because he might be bigger or stronger than his younger grade peers. The issue is, there had to be some rules set because if you excuse kids with late start to school, then you need to excuse those that hold back for athletic reason later. It becomes a free for all and is quite unregulated. I'm all for developmental programs to be grade based, but once you enter the competitive field of travel lax or any sport- there should be a level playing field at the start, minus genes. The bigger stronger kid with such DNA is who he is, but he can't be called out as he is a proper age as all the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have much empathy for the child that struggles. I held one son back because he only made the cut off by days and he is still immature to compared to his peers on grade level, never mind age wise. That said, I never expected that he would be given preferential treatment because I held him back when it came to sports. When he played hockey he played his age, but when he played town soccer he played grade. If he tried out for travel soccer, he'd play age again. Kids like my son are not the worry, but rather the exception to holdbacks. He is not a dominant force, but if he was, I would never expect that he be given an advantage because he might be bigger or stronger than his younger grade peers. The issue is, there had to be some rules set because if you excuse kids with late start to school, then you need to excuse those that hold back for athletic reason later. It becomes a free for all and is quite unregulated. I'm all for developmental programs to be grade based, but once you enter the competitive field of travel lax or any sport- there should be a level playing field at the start, minus genes. The bigger stronger kid with such DNA is who he is, but he can't be called out as he is a proper age as all the kids.

There is an official cutoff date. It's 9/1. It's as arbitrary as the dates picked for soccer or hockey. Vast majority of holdbacks would meet the age cutoff anyway. Now for all you fall birthdays playing on grade you're technically playing up by lax standards.

You need grade based as recruiting kicks in around 8th grade. Should go age based until then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so 2024 Express try out are complete, when will these results be posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hockey is the way to do it. Period. Jan 1 2020 you play for the YEAR 2020. 12/31/2019 you play for the YEAR 2019. Clean and simple.

For those that left back their preschool kids for other reasons then sports , it makes it easy. In hockey, when asked what year you are, you say your birth year. Not your grade level. Easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is the furthest thing from wholesome. To allow people to bash coaches, parents, programs, then censor when some posts about a specific program seems a bit odd. There is some valuable information on this forum in between the Jerry Springer episodes which are permitted and in some instances encouraged. Whatever the issue there is between the folks that run this forum and the organization in question is their issue, but please stop with the "wholesome" comments. It doesnt pass the sniff test....
BOTC at this point is propaganda plain and simple. They allow posts bashing one particular club but when someone writes something complimentary they delete the post or doctor it so it doesn't look anything like the original comment. I'm sure this will be deleted as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so 2024 Express try out are complete, when will these results be posted?

E-mails should be out by mid afternoon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Igloo calls go out at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are from out of town and attended a couple of tryouts yesterday. All I can say is that the kids were really nice to my son even though he did not know any of them. It was great to see such talented kids.

Could not agree more - we only did one (igloo) but the kids were all super nice and the clinic/tryout was great. I am sure my kid is bubble, but because of the nice tryout, he really wants it. I played college lax, and was shocked at how good some 4th graders are. Lacrosse has come a long way. Year round sport now , hope these little guys can sustain. Saw one Dad berate his son pretty good at the snack break...was tough to see.

Enjoy the ride, it goes quick!

If you think a 2 minute snack time berate by a Dad to his son was tough to see, the pack may not be for you as a parent. The way JA screams and degrades kids is borderline child abuse. Don't take my word for it, watch the games. Coaches should be role models for these kids and JA is far from it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are from out of town and attended a couple of tryouts yesterday. All I can say is that the kids were really nice to my son even though he did not know any of them. It was great to see such talented kids.

Could not agree more - we only did one (igloo) but the kids were all super nice and the clinic/tryout was great. I am sure my kid is bubble, but because of the nice tryout, he really wants it. I played college lax, and was shocked at how good some 4th graders are. Lacrosse has come a long way. Year round sport now , hope these little guys can sustain. Saw one Dad berate his son pretty good at the snack break...was tough to see.

If you think a 2 minute snack time berate by a Dad to his son was tough to see, the pack may not be for you as a parent. The way JA screams and degrades kids is borderline child abuse. Don't take my word for it, watch the games. Coaches should be role models for these kids and JA is far from it.

Agreed, but the Pack parents love it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Untrue. The boys love this guy. Berate? Child abuse? You are a fool who obviously has a son that is not ready to play at a high level. Do us all a favor and go home and bake cookies with your boy. That sounds like more your level weak daddy. So pathetic and soft. Don't worry little Johnny will get a participation trophy in the end and no one will raise their voices so you don't get upset. Embarrassing

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Are we talking about 4th grade kids and lacrosse here. People you need a reality check. Odds are your kid wont be playing the game of lacrosse because he loves it. He will be playing because you do. At this age it should be about retention of players. Make them fall in love with the game so when there are pitfalls they wont want to stop playing but persevere. There will be so many changes in your kids from now and until they play in High school you would only wish you had this time back. They are little kids let them be little and enjoy the game for what it is, A GAME. Not the big money making monster it has become. Sports are an avenue for growth in an individual in so many great ways but the way parents are making it out to be its become a nightmare. They are creating the farthest thing from a team atmosphere. Its a shame whats going on with the parents, not the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the reality check, and this is not sarcastic. I think many of us are on BOTC because our kid loves lacrosse and we want the best for our child but with tryout results coming out, it is very easy to succumb to the madness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they are winning i guess. Who knows if his days are numbered. Time will tell with JA as things will catch up and what goes around comes around. What is amazing to me is the parents on that team allow their kids to be treated the way they do because of fear of being cut and thats a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pack rosters announced...I wonder if anyone new was added. It's only 20 kids so assuming the same team

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is lacrosse the be all and end all for you and your kids? Its time to evaluate what your doing to your kids. I understand teaching them ownership and responsibility and all the higher up moral fibers of ethics are important and sports are a great avenue for this. We all have different perceptions of it but right from wrong and the basic building blocks for child development don't start with lacrosse. If someone is treating your child poorly and you allow for this because you want your kid to play on a particular team really speaks to what our society has become. I do understand that there are those with their own agenda and will spread lies and rumors about individuals to tarnish that persons reputation but the way parents are treating 4th grade lacrosse seems crazy. If your kids good he will get noticed and picked up down the road. Teach your child to be fundamentally sound at all the basics, Lefty righty catching throwing shooting and groundballs. Enjoy their successes and failures because you will never have these moments back. Good luck and I know its hard to look past the proverbial carrot on a stick before your face of being on the best team. They are just kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Untrue. The boys love this guy. Berate? Child abuse? You are a fool who obviously has a son that is not ready to play at a high level. Do us all a favor and go home and bake cookies with your boy. That sounds like more your level weak daddy. So pathetic and soft. Don't worry little Johnny will get a participation trophy in the end and no one will raise their voices so you don't get upset. Embarrassing

Easy there Marv Marinovich. These kids don't have a choice, of course they are going to pretend to like JA. How would it go if they gave him lip? The yelling would be less? It's well known that kids on the pack live in fear. Frequent porti potti trips before games is not a coincidence. It makes me laugh that you think successful teams have to be handled only like the pack. Plenty of good teams out there win, learn/love the game and most importantly; the kids have fun. Based on your comments, I'm betting your kid hates you and you don't even know it yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 parents are overly "excited" about their sons' lacrosse careers compared to the other age groups. Saw some parents posting highlight videos of their kids on the internet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there Marv Marinovich. These kids don't have a choice, of course they are going to pretend to like JA. How would it go if they gave him lip? The yelling would be less? It's well known that kids on the pack live in fear. Frequent porti potti trips before games is not a coincidence. It makes me laugh that you think successful teams have to be handled only like the pack. Plenty of good teams out there win, learn/love the game and most importantly; the kids have fun. Based on your comments, I'm betting your kid hates you and you don't even know it yet.
could this be the attempts to sway decisions. There were 18 out of 20 children that returned to tryout for this "horrendous" coach as you say. Even if you take the 3 - 4 wacky parents out of the mix and the coaches kids, that still leaves you with 10 sane parents that would not stand for this so called abuse. I think this is a pathetic attempt to bash a coach that is completely committed, practiced 4x's more than the guaranteed practices, and wasn't more concerned with the almighty dollar. It takes a certain type insecure weasel to spue lies like this. The kind that might be concerned about the loss of good players on a particular team. Or the kind that may have had a child that couldn't keep up. Either way it might be time to take a step back and consider wether it is really worth it to bash a guy completely undeserving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TRUE BLUE NEWS!!

ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. ALL PLAYERS ARE INVITED TO SHOW UP AND REGISTER ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY AT THE TRYOUTS. ALL PLAYERS THAT WALK UP TO REGISTER WILL BE ABLE TO PAY WITH CHECK OR CASH. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE THERE.

TRUE BLUE LACROSSE

Page 8 of 73 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard