BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Re: Complaint Department
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CHAMINIDE WILL RULE WITH OR WITHOUT THE STUPID CLUB POLITICS. THE TOP OF THE LINE , CREAM OF THE CROP, SUPERIOR BREEDING ALWAYS COMES THRU.

That worked real well for the Germans, did it...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CHAMINIDE WILL RULE WITH OR WITHOUT THE STUPID CLUB POLITICS. THE TOP OF THE LINE , CREAM OF THE CROP, SUPERIOR BREEDING ALWAYS COMES THRU.

You just dropped the mic on that dude!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not what happened last year when they versed the LI publics. LOL!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you breed extra "I"'s at ChaminAde

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the OLM broodmare that dropped you on your head and the Chaminade Stud that conceived you must be so proud of the gelding they have in you

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the OLM broodmare that dropped you on your head and the Chaminade Stud that conceived you must be so proud of the gelding they have in you

Gelding...... That is funny:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gelding...... That is funny:)

All I have to say is WARD MELVILLE! ! See you Cham snob!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, as I said, trying to take the high road and give the benefit of the doubt to the coaches who evaluated the tryout, but with all the Manhasset helmets that were there, gotta think something else was in the works despite the tryout itself...hearing that all the other ages had a similar look confirms it...looks like they are turning their backs on the Catholic school boys, padding their team with publics because they have been blackballed at Chaminade ( we can only assume since the Express relationship carries to all the Catholics' coaches, so might the ban... ) Cutting their loses early before players are told to by HS coaches...good business decision,..crappy thing to do to kids who are in their recruitment years! (never mind their innocent younger siblings). Basically shot them in the foot by not being upfront about this move, allowing the parents and kids the ability to chose another organizations tryout...Express and 91 were same night, so these kids now have limited ability to play on higher exposure teams...Wow, gotta hand it to you, had me fooled, believed you were about the kids first, that's what you professed, what you said set you apart... still think handing out disapline for the summer tourney fiasco was proper, I agreed with principle not the severity of the disapline...still defend the stand taken, that a commitment is a commitment...however, this late reversal of moral fiber in favor of future monetary stability is sorrowful...pandering to certain schools, padding the team with kids who didn't even come to the tryout, thought you were above that nonsense...I think you can piece together which team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't "verse" somebody, you play them. (Sorry, pet peeve.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't "verse" somebody, you play them. (Sorry, pet peeve.)thanks for the english lesson. I am sure you are well "versed" in the art of being a tool.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't "verse" somebody, you play them. (Sorry, pet peeve.)

Or you play versus the LI Publics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, as I said, trying to take the high road and give the benefit of the doubt to the coaches who evaluated the tryout, but with all the Manhasset helmets that were there, gotta think something else was in the works despite the tryout itself...hearing that all the other ages had a similar look confirms it...looks like they are turning their backs on the Catholic school boys, padding their team with publics because they have been blackballed at Chaminade ( we can only assume since the Express relationship carries to all the Catholics' coaches, so might the ban... ) Cutting their loses early before players are told to by HS coaches...good business decision,..crappy thing to do to kids who are in their recruitment years! (never mind their innocent younger siblings). Basically shot them in the foot by not being upfront about this move, allowing the parents and kids the ability to chose another organizations tryout...Express and 91 were same night, so these kids now have limited ability to play on higher exposure teams...Wow, gotta hand it to you, had me fooled, believed you were about the kids first, that's what you professed, what you said set you apart... still think handing out disapline for the summer tourney fiasco was proper, I agreed with principle not the severity of the disapline...still defend the stand taken, that a commitment is a commitment...however, this late reversal of moral fiber in favor of future monetary stability is sorrowful...pandering to certain schools, padding the team with kids who didn't even come to the tryout, thought you were above that nonsense...I think you can piece together which team...

For the love of the Green....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the love of the Green....

So fl$ runs another pricy tryout... collects tryout fees from everyone that shows expecting a fair shot; yet they secretly have blackball list for anyone in catholic school(especially Chaminade).

That might be a new low in lacrosse.

Also, as far as the discipline and dispute goes, yes the players have obligations to both teams (and teammates) but. in my book the obligation to school team trumps the "pay travel" team.

In the "customer is always right" mindset, fl$ should have made an accommodation for their players(paying customers).

Teams change tourneys all the time...unless perhaps it was a fl$ affiliated tourney that they line their own pockets with tourney fees (the old double dip).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't it just possible that the kids selected were just better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't it just possible that the kids selected were just better?

That's what happened at 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen! Terribly disappointing behavior from an organization that prides and markets itself on being above all of this low-brow stuff. They could not have handled these tryouts any worse. I also don't see the upside in going to war with Chaminade. There are lots of travel teams out there for kids/parents to choose from.....but there is only one Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winkoff is a very vindictive man. Not as nice as people think. I admit real good lacrosse coach but has a nasty side to him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get your facts straight. Chaminade kids or not signed on to play for team for a two month summer season. Numbers on that team are finite. If they don't show for a tournament team could be significantly diluted. They committed. Numbers for Chaminade summer team are infinite in the off season and they can be replaced. Chaminade coach fired the first silo about what program to not play for... FACT. '20 team still has 2 GC kids that were skilled enough to make the team. Three Manhasset kids defected from Express and earned their spots adding to the Manhasset contingent on the team--there was no cencerted effort to go out and get more Manhasset players vs. GC. Several Manhasset kids that tried out did not make the team. Sour grapes from some GC parents... Go Manhasset. Woodstick will reside on the North Shore for years to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the fact that there were a lot of Manhassset helmets at the tryout means something else was in the works?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get your facts straight. Chaminade kids or not signed on to play for team for a two month summer season. Numbers on that team are finite. If they don't show for a tournament team could be significantly diluted. They committed. Numbers for Chaminade summer team are infinite in the off season and they can be replaced. Chaminade coach fired the first silo about what program to not play for... FACT. '20 team still has 2 GC kids that were skilled enough to make the team. Three Manhasset kids defected from Express and earned their spots adding to the Manhasset contingent on the team--there was no cencerted effort to go out and get more Manhasset players vs. GC. Several Manhasset kids that tried out did not make the team. Sour grapes from some GC parents... Go Manhasset. Woodstick will reside on the North Shore for years to come.

Take it down a notch Manhasset Daddy....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winkoff is a very vindictive man. Not as nice as people think. I admit real good lacrosse coach but has a nasty side to him.

Vindictive? Perhaps. Real good lacrosse coach? Are you serious? Have you seen him on the sidelines? He's a joke. Ranting and raving half the time, barking at kids and then contradicting himself seconds later. Painful to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it down a notch Manhasset Daddy....

Exactly. No dog in this hunt but based on the Manhasset tool's last comment, I hope GC pounds Manhasset next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thus my first statement about benefit of doubt, I saw the tryouts, consider myself pretty objective guy...if team wants to go in another fdirection, so be it...not denying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in this case talent...it's all the garbage associated with this situation that brings out this rhetoric...and kids who don't even come to a night of tryouts can neither be better nor worse, regardless of past play history...just not an even playing field, fee aside, just not what was expected from this organization...my son got better playing with team, grateful, really positive experience and attitudes towards teaching, that's why we were surprised...enough said, good luck to all ghe boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to hear. Good luck to you and I hope your son finds a competitive team with good people to play with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a new twist on reclassifying.

Kid announces he is going to do a PG year.

Still graduates with his age appropriate class, but plays DOWN a year for his Club team (i.e. will graduate 2017 but plays on 2018 club).

Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still graduates with his age appropriate class, but plays DOWN a year for his Club team (i.e. will graduate 2017 but plays on 2018 club).

Thoughts?

It stinks but the world we live in now is that 2018 means the year they will be entering college not the year they are graduating HS, for most kids it is the same year but for a kid the is going to PG it is not - - so in your example the kid is graduating HS in 2017 and then PG'ing so will enter college in the fall of 2018 and is playing summer ball as a 2018 -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts?

unfortunately it is not new, been happening the past few years. Still a crock. If you are PG'ing you should be playing as tough of competition as you can on age or above; you are Pging for goodness sake, why to get into a better school to play, challenge yourself!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City rated top again, Mahasset not even on this list

Here are the 10 “snobbiest” places in New [lacrosse], according to RoadSnacks:

Garden City
Huntington
Rockville Centre
Massapequa
Melville
White Plains
Syosset
New City
Saratoga Springs
Merrick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City
Huntington
Rockville Centre
Massapequa
Melville
White Plains
Syosset
New City
Saratoga Springs
Merrick

You would think a child posted this, but something tells me it is yet another "gem" from a Manhasset Daddy. You are truly embarrassing yourself and your community at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their rating criteria is a bit byzantine. A number of those towns I would never consider "snobby" while a few not on there certainly come to mind... Manhasset not on their due to the fact that there is a low income area and housing projects bringing down the Median while GC, generally speaking is more homogeneous. List does not take into account attitude, but extrapolates home value, income, private schools and arts venues into the criteria extrapolating those combination of things equate to snobbiness...ok then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their rating criteria is a bit byzantine. A number of those towns I would never consider "snobby" while a few not on there certainly come to mind... Manhasset not on their due to the fact that there is a low income area and housing projects bringing down the Median while GC, generally speaking is more homogeneous. List does not take into account attitude, but extrapolates home value, income, private schools and arts venues into the criteria extrapolating those combination of things equate to snobbiness...ok then.

I would like to complain about posts like the one above that is well written, well thought out, accurate and dead on target, sort of a snobby post if you ask me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City
Huntington
Rockville Centre
Massapequa
Melville
White Plains
Syosset
New City
Saratoga Springs
Merrick

You would think a child posted this, but something tells me it is yet another "gem" from a Manhasset Daddy. You are truly embarrassing yourself and your community at this point.

Nope - I posted the original list from the patch because it seemed kinda funny in a real stupid kind of way and with the lacrosse towns mentioned BTW my town IS on the list and yours probably isn't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the author of the "analysis" I find the comments all funny and good natured. I also am from a town embedded in the Huntington umbrella...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you mean Medford didn't make the list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts?

Cheating, cheater.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City
Huntington
Rockville Centre
Massapequa
Melville
White Plains
Syosset
New City
Saratoga Springs
Merrick

Nope - I posted the original list from the patch because it seemed kinda funny in a real stupid kind of way and with the lacrosse towns mentioned BTW my town IS on the list and yours probably isn't

It is a funny list...and my little village made it! Signed: A Proud Snob!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't "verse" somebody, you play them. (Sorry, pet peeve.)thanks for the english lesson. I am sure you are well "versed" in the art of being a tool.

LOL. Since they are so well 'versed' I bet they can also expunge on the 'prose' of the superior education. :-)
But then again it's all just knowing English.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City
Huntington
Rockville Centre
Massapequa
Melville
White Plains
Syosset
New City
Saratoga Springs
Merrick

Hi - I'm a Marylander and was wondering: Do people really live in Garden City? Isn't that just a mall and a lot of strip malls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the mall isn't really Garden City, it's on the very edge of town. most of the commerce is on the borders

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard