BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 73 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how many of those 60 kids actually want Igloo? Or are using the 100$ for 8 hours of practice? Is 4th the grade when kids can start using long poles in tournys?
I was not there but heard was well run and alot of different helmets -

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that legacy Taz team is going to be special. Those kids were awesome. My kid is going to have to work harder to get to that level. Trying to be a realist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The majority of the kids I've seen at tryouts - Igloo, Lagacy, Express did not have much talent. Maybe a dozen good kid & those are the ones that should be playing club at this age but what is up with kids trying out for club teams in 4th grade who can't catch & throw? Why is wrong with their parents putting them in club? Put them in clinics for a year THEN maybe tryout. And if they don't like going to the clinics they should not be playing club lacrosse. So messed up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow that legacy Taz team is going to be special. Those kids were awesome. My kid is going to have to work harder to get to that level. Trying to be a realist.

Still a far 2nd place team in the 2024 Bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's coaching so his daughter gets played. She will play both girls & boys a few years. If your son isn't good he won't see the field at all. Do you want that from a team in THIRD grade?

100% correct. He plays 12 kids 90% of the time on both of his other teams. But his daughter can't play both. Girls lax is more travel than boys. She'll have to pick one and I heard its next summer. This thing with JS coaching that team is a complete bait and switch. I feel bad for anyone that falls for it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The poster was making a comment on how good 8/9 year olds play the game and pack dad has to take a shot at kids. Comical. No dog so I'll bite, didn't they play an OT one goal game late in the season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was both of there last games. Championship game it was 6 to 5, very good game, could have gone either way. There is no gap in a one goal game could have gone either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a complete loser comment. Go look in the mirror. The guy is complimenting a group of kids and you come in guns out. Another failed HS player attempting glory through his 9 year old.

Sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how many of those 60 kids actually want Igloo? Or are using the 100$ for 8 hours of practice? Is 4th the grade when kids can start using long poles in tournys?
I was not there but heard was well run and alot of different helmets -

You have to think 12-15 returning kids are locks to come back leaving only about 10 open spots to upgrade. It was well run tryout and there were tons of different helmets. A few of the kids even tried out with long poles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The poster was making a comment on how good 8/9 year olds play the game and pack dad has to take a shot at kids. Comical. No dog so I'll bite, didn't they play an OT one goal game late in the season?
no

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a complete loser comment. Go look in the mirror. The guy is complimenting a group of kids and you come in guns out. Another failed HS player attempting glory through his 9 year old.

Sad.

You mean 11 year old

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's coaching so his daughter gets played. She will play both girls & boys a few years. If your son isn't good he won't see the field at all. Do you want that from a team in THIRD grade?

best coaching there is, yes, I want that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% correct. He plays 12 kids 90% of the time on both of his other teams. But his daughter can't play both. Girls lax is more travel than boys. She'll have to pick one and I heard its next summer. This thing with JS coaching that team is a complete bait and switch. I feel bad for anyone that falls for it.

You guys are speaking as if Rooney wouldn't be a draw by himself. People would be silly to doubt how good he is. And if you only get one year, you have to take it, the next year is always a crap shoot anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The poster was making a comment on how good 8/9 year olds play the game and pack dad has to take a shot at kids. Comical. No dog so I'll bite, didn't they play an OT one goal game late in the season?[/quote
Taz and Wolfpack have played 5 or 6 times and only 1 game was close, but that game was the last one between the two teams, so the gap is closing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The poster was making a comment on how good 8/9 year olds play the game and pack dad has to take a shot at kids. Comical. No dog so I'll bite, didn't they play an OT one goal game late in the season?[/quote
Taz and Wolfpack have played 5 or 6 times and only 1 game was close, but that game was the last one between the two teams, so the gap is closing
the gap is far from closing. The game before the one you are speaking of was 14-0 WP. Any team could beat any team on any given day. You need to look at statistics and statistically speaking, wins vs losses, WP has won 100% of the time. WP is 8/9 -0 over the past 2 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are speaking as if Rooney wouldn't be a draw by himself. People would be silly to doubt how good he is. And if you only get one year, you have to take it, the next year is always a crap shoot anyway.

With all due respect, he's the equivalent of most coaches on other teams. He's definite not the draw. No one would be excited to get on that team if he were coaching. Don't misunderstand me, he a quality coach and very qualified, but what A team coach isn't? JS is listed as a coach now on 4 different teams, plus PAL, plus Lizards, plus Stony Brook. How much time is he going to honestly spend with 3rd graders? And how many of them will his screaming make cry? Buyer beware on this one people!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait until this year!!! Keenan will have this team running and gunning like a well oiled machine. Remember talk is cheap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz plays everyone. Tax shortened bench in 1 game and it was basically even.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I decided to take my son to a few different tryouts to see what was out there. I must admit all the clubs tryouts we attended were well run, a positive experience for my son and at worst an expensive 2 night clinic each time. As a parent, I stood back about 20 yards from the fence and watched the children and the parents. My one observation, about 1/3 of all the parents gave the boys a positive word or two when they came off the field, a smile, hug, high five or fist bump. Good luck to all the boys and parents as they make their club selections. We are going Legacy, it made sense to us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I decided to take my son to a few different tryouts to see what was out there. I must admit all the clubs tryouts we attended were well run, a positive experience for my son and at worst an expensive 2 night clinic each time. As a parent, I stood back about 20 yards from the fence and watched the children and the parents. My one observation, about 1/3 of all the parents gave the boys a positive word or two when they came off the field, a smile, hug, high five or fist bump. Good luck to all the boys and parents as they make their club selections. We are going Legacy, it made sense to us.

Has Legacy even post who they are taking yet? But I like the rest of your post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If we make one of their teams, obviously. Sorry about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the Storm....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, why was the comment about the DELETED tryouts tonight removed?

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Larry, why was the comment about the DELETED tryouts tonight removed?

We give everyone the benefit of the doubt UNLESS they do not answer questions as to what comes to us from our sources. We do not promote these types of clubs. It is our responsibility to promote wholesome and upfront clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to a tryout last night at suny farmingdale and at the end. The coach took all the 9 year olds from last year and played against all the new kids. Old team 10. New kids zero. What a waste of 20 mins for the new kids. Then the coach basically admitted team is picked but the B team will be great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to a tryout last night at suny farmingdale and at the end. The coach took all the 9 year olds from last year and played against all the new kids. Old team 10. New kids zero. What a waste of 20 mins for the new kids. Then the coach basically admitted team is picked but the B team will be great

And this surprises you? Not sure why you would have expected different with that org. Btw, this will be the third year in a row with a new B team starting from scratch. Buyer beware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's a JS protege. He collects the best hold backs on the grede level then yells and screams at them till they're too scared to make a mistake. The parents then tell everyone that they are better than all but two of the 2023 A teams, but get crushed by most of them. Be glad. That club's second teams are generally excellent without all of the coach's egos and temper getting in the way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i will say that up until that point it was 2.5 hours of good drills and positive energy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And this surprises you? Not sure why you would have expected different with that org. Btw, this will be the third year in a row with a new B team starting from scratch. Buyer beware.

We'll see how that B team nets out...Not sure how committed the coach really is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club?

We'll see how that B team nets out...Not sure how committed the coach really is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
last night their was 1/2 the amount of kids at the tryout that were there last week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i will say that up until that point it was 2.5 hours of good drills and positive energy

outside of the 22 locks to make A how many kids were there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha. You are all whiney little women. Once again a bunch of Dads who sons couldn't cut it. You all complain about the same stuff at whatever club tryout your kid cant hang with. this is your son is not ready to play at this level. Grab a stick and go out and practice with your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's a JS protege. He collects the best hold backs on the grede level then yells and screams at them till they're too scared to make a mistake. The parents then tell everyone that they are better than all but two of the 2023 A teams, but get crushed by most of them. Be glad. That club's second teams are generally excellent without all of the coach's egos and temper getting in the way

the idea is to see how much fight the new kids have in them. Do they get discouraged or do they keep trying to make something happen in a bad situation. Might not be best for 9 year olds, but as they get older, expect to see that kid of thing if your son wants to get on the elite teams in any organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are from out of town and attended a couple of tryouts yesterday. All I can say is that the kids were really nice to my son even though he did not know any of them. It was great to see such talented kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree with that comment above, however, in this situation, not the best way for any kid of any ability to shine, in a 15 -20 minute scrimmage when the ball is 100% in the other end and you have a group of kids playing an established proven winning team. you could take the best attack man from any team and if the ball is never in that end, he has zero opportunity . dont misunderstand me, each and every kid was given ample opportunity to show their stuff throughout the tryout process, which was very very well run. Coaches did a phenomenal job!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are from out of town and attended a couple of tryouts yesterday. All I can say is that the kids were really nice to my son even though he did not know any of them. It was great to see such talented kids.

Could not agree more - we only did one (igloo) but the kids were all super nice and the clinic/tryout was great. I am sure my kid is bubble, but because of the nice tryout, he really wants it. I played college lax, and was shocked at how good some 4th graders are. Lacrosse has come a long way. Year round sport now , hope these little guys can sustain. Saw one Dad berate his son pretty good at the snack break...was tough to see.

Enjoy the ride, it goes quick!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha. You are all whiney little women. Once again a bunch of Dads who sons couldn't cut it. You all complain about the same stuff at whatever club tryout your kid cant hang with. this is your son is not ready to play at this level. Grab a stick and go out and practice with your kid.

thx dad of an 11yr old 4th grader

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 yr old 4th grader? Go away you little jealous man. Weak

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in all fairness, there were more than a few kids at the tryouts as good as the A players that will not make that A team, but then again, there were a few existing players that were pretty awesome. these kids really move the ball well, and know how to move when they dont have the ball. I guess that is why they win so much

Page 7 of 73 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard