BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 70 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought 32 had a good team and a good coach. Why would kids leave that program for him?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me four. Still chuckling over Outlaws comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all of you laughing. Tell me who will compete with the Outlaws??? A disjointed express,32 or igloo???? Come on guys, you can hate all you want. The Outlaws are going to be VERY good again. Sorry ifnit bothers you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 folded

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
32 folded

Did they really? That's surprising. I thought they had something pretty good going. It's tough to keep a town team together through the full year though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all of you laughing. Tell me who will compete with the Outlaws??? A disjointed express,32 or igloo???? Come on guys, you can hate all you want. The Outlaws are going to be VERY good again. Sorry ifnit bothers you.

There are a lot of very good teams, just can't talk about them. I don't even know that I would put Igloo in the conversation even before kids jumped ship. They were competitive, just like Outlaws, but did they win anything?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 folded

Did they really? That's surprising. I thought they had something pretty good going. It's tough to keep a town team together through the full year though.

32 is a town team. Unless everyone is moving they will still have a team, like in all other grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 folded

32 is a town team. Unless everyone is moving they will still have a team, like in all other grades.

I think what the poster means is that they may not run a summer program any more. There's a little more to it than just living in Manhasset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws #1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the removal of the prior Assistant coaches in favor of Travis going to make the Outlaws #1??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys do realize that you are bickering about 2023 kids?...holy s--t, get a collective life!....take a long look in the mirror and see what your lives have become when you are hammering each other about 5th grade boys.....guy from Subway would be proud of you all..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give some insight as to how the Outlaws 2023 team played last year and what's expected out of them this year. How they stack up against legacy as they both have two teams in this age group. I mean honest opinion even if your kid competes against them.

Just a parent looking for some insight into the programs and what team is best for his kid.

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys do realize that you are bickering about 2023 kids?...holy s--t, get a collective life!....take a long look in the mirror and see what your lives have become when you are hammering each other about 5th grade boys.....guy from Subway would be proud of you all..

Settle down, Francis...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd round of tryouts tomorrow. Going to be a beautiful day. Best of luck to all the boys. I heard results will be posted by weeks end. Anyone know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 folded

I heard that there were a very large number of Manhasset kids at Express tryout. I'm not sure if that confirms the rumors of 32 folding, but it definitely doesn't look good for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 folded

I heard that there were a very large number of Manhasset kids at Express tryout. I'm not sure if that confirms the rumors of 32 folding, but it definitely doesn't look good for them.

Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 folded

Who cares

People who are interested in 2023 lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 folded

Who cares

All i can say if you have a 5th grader stay away from DK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 folded

Who cares

Big showings from the 321 kids at Express and Igloo tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All i can say if you have a 5th grader stay away from DK[/quote]

Nice try AA. Don't be a DK hater. You shouldn't let parent politics dictate your organization. Yours' has now become just like the rest of them - all about the money. He got screwed by Igloo. Great coach, good guy. Will have a very competitive team this year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is DK coaching? When are the tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8-10 kids from 32 seen at a lot of different tryouts. That roster wasn't big to begin with. Hope you weren't counting those kids in the new competitive team. And that's just a parent observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8-10 kids from 32 seen at a lot of different tryouts. That roster wasn't big to begin with. Hope you weren't counting those kids in the new competitive team. And that's just a parent observation.

Thanks for your concern. The team will be fine with or without the 32 kids. I think I would be worried more about the change in philosophy at Igloo. It went from being all about the kids, 1 team per grade, no parent coaches, etc. to multiple teams per grade, parent coaches, and all about the money. Not to mention the parent politics are running the show.

Stinks - I thought this organization was going to be different...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every travel lacrosse team is about the money. They are businesses. And business must be good because there's a new start up team announced every other day. Unless a coach is running a team and not charging for his time -- than he's in it for the money too.. Let me know if you find that team with the pro bono coach. they will have one [lacrosse] of a tryout!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way the Outlaws parent is trying to spin the death of Express and igloo,and the rise of the outlaws; is rediculous. My son has been at both, and the talent level has been great. I Was very impressed with the structure of the igloo tryouts yesterday. Hopefully it will be the same today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your concern. The team will be fine with or without the 32 kids. I think I would be worried more about the change in philosophy at Igloo. It went from being all about the kids, 1 team per grade, no parent coaches, etc. to multiple teams per grade, parent coaches, and all about the money. Not to mention the parent politics are running the show.

Stinks - I thought this organization was going to be different...

No parent coaching?? The guy who started the club coaches his own son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since when is starting and operating a business that provides a quality product people want a bad thing? If the product is poor or over priced, people won't buy it. If people think a program provides a valuable service at a fair price, then they will buy it. Should we expect lacrosse trainers and coaches to do all this for free? I don't think this would attract great training and coaching talent for our kids.

Every travel lacrosse team is about the money. They are businesses. And business must be good because there's a new start up team announced every other day. Unless a coach is running a team and not charging for his time -- than he's in it for the money too.. Let me know if you find that team with the pro bono coach. they will have one [lacrosse] of a tryout!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try AA. Don't be a DK hater. You shouldn't let parent politics dictate your organization. Yours' has now become just like the rest of them - all about the money. He got screwed by Igloo. Great coach, good guy. Will have a very competitive team this year... [/quote]

Great guy who brought in 2 kids from his own town that couldn't make a competitive B team in their own grade so they played down a year on 2023 and never came off the field ! Rebut that DK followers and AA allowed it to morph into a disaster rather than pull the plug on DK when sparks started flying. The entire year was marred with DK insanity from running kids until they almost fainted to firing back at parents who had afternoons wasted at meaningless scrimmages and questioned him on less than adequate playing time. The guy is a wacko who should not be coaching youth lacrosse let alone pay Igloo $3K for him or this other 3rd rate HS coach. The whole fish stinks from the head down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try AA. Don't be a DK hater. You shouldn't let parent politics dictate your organization. Yours' has now become just like the rest of them - all about the money. He got screwed by Igloo. Great coach, good guy. Will have a very competitive team this year...

Great guy who brought in 2 kids from his own town that couldn't make a competitive B team in their own grade so they played down a year on 2023 and never came off the field ! Rebut that DK followers and AA allowed it to morph into a disaster rather than pull the plug on DK when sparks started flying. The entire year was marred with DK insanity from running kids until they almost fainted to firing back at parents who had afternoons wasted at meaningless scrimmages and questioned him on less than adequate playing time. The guy is a wacko who should not be coaching youth lacrosse let alone pay Igloo $3K for him or this other 3rd rate HS coach. The whole fish stinks from the head down.[/quote]
So what's the alternative now.... Selhorn???? and a daddy coach???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most top teams have daddy coaches. Don't they? Doesn't seem to be a big deal. DK wasn't a daddy coach and folks on here don't seem to be too happy with him. Is he at another club now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most top teams have daddy coaches. Don't they? Doesn't seem to be a big deal. DK wasn't a daddy coach and folks on here don't seem to be too happy with him. Is he at another club now?

yes, and doing very well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, and doing very well.

How is he doing very well? Recruiting? Evaluating a tryout? He not doing anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo calls go out yet???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They said they were starting last night but it could take a few days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They said they were starting last night but it could take a few days

They are all on the field now with the 200+ kids trying out for the 2022/2021 4 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They prob still haven't finalized while waiting for the HB kids to decide on defection...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hi! New here and could use some advice from the seasoned parents. My son (2023) plays for our town "club" team. A large portion of our team also play for other club teams. Any recommendations for a good team, preferably not fathers coaching. We have that now and it can sometimes be a little self serving. I was considering, legacy, outlaws or force. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I would hate to make an expensive mistake or turn my child off to a sport he loves!! Thanks in advance!!

My best recommendation would be to find out who the coaches would be for your son and meet them in-person before committing to a team. Coaching is everything at that level. Don't know much about the coaches at legacy or outlaws, but I hear the force coaches are great.

365Lax is run by MLL, NLL, and D1 St John's players. Compared to any other club, they have the most amount of practices year round for the tuition. Rates are reasonable. They are based out of Bethpage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for suggestions!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered