BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Boys 2026-2nd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2026-2nd Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026-2nd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any insight to teams? I see Legacy, Outlaws, and Blue Fish all have teams... Anyone have knowledge of coach's or practice locations?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clinics clinics clinics..Save ur $$$$$$$$$ people. They are in 2nd grade. Can they tie their shoes yet??? ride a 2 wheeler? Swim in the ocean? Please do not put them on a club lax team yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are near s shore check out Legacy. Great program for the young guys. All inclusive and 2nd grade coach is a very good one. Name not announced yet but I know he told the people in his clinics he has been running that is where he is going

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Official announcement went out for Legacy. Danny Paccione from St Johns and former Mll player Jay Lavey

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering where Legacy will be training...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wondering where Legacy will be training...
East Islip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have insight as to how the turnout was for 2026 Outlaws?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't see many people trying out for a team that won't announce the coach or how much they charge until after you paid $100 and tried out.or the additional $25 to walk up because they had to write your name down on the paper. They will most likely end up with a combined team with 3rd grade and the coach that was able to bring over the most kids from his town.Be prepared for them to tell you need to commit ASAP.Check around first. They will always be having tryouts later in the year. That was basically a recap of last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the advice... I am new to this (as is my son). Any other insight to teams would be great...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't see many people trying out for a team that won't announce the coach or how much they charge until after you paid $100 and tried out.or the additional $25 to walk up because they had to write your name down on the paper. They will most likely end up with a combined team with 3rd grade and the coach that was able to bring over the most kids from his town.Be prepared for them to tell you need to commit ASAP.Check around first. They will always be having tryouts later in the year. That was basically a recap of last year.

Barone and Cromwell coaching Igloo's team. If I had a 2026 kid that is where I would go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Barone and Cromwell coaching Igloo's team. If I had a 2026 kid that is where I would go.

Absolutely! I am a big Barone fan! And don't let the haters scare you away with the cost. Igloo's all in cost is not more than you would be paying for 91 when you include winter training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can they travel with there other teams and still coach these guys? A lot of commitments . Easier when both teams are going to be in same tournaments but I don't see that with a 2026 team.that being said they both are very respected coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how many kids tried out for Legacy tonight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

80+

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very poor numbers at 2026 91 tryout. Anyone know how many kids tried out for Legacy tonight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

80+

Thanks for the update, must be because word on the street is that Keenan is involved, lol!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

80+

Thanks for the update, must be because word on the street is that Keenan is involved, lol!!

That's 80+ for 3 grades, just to be clear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keenan not involved with 2026 or 2023 grade just 2024

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keenan not involved with 2026 or 2023 grade just 2024

Right..he is the head coach for the Taz...that is it. Tryouts last night were for 26, 25, & 24.

Assume 22 kids for Geese, Storm, Taz and new 26 team and everyone at tryouts will fine a home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to clarify... any idea how many 2026's at Legacy on Monday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15 or so

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15 or so

Seems like 2026 is light across the board. Legacy reported 15 or so, Express sounded even less...Igloo coming up might give us the total picture. Maybe August tryouts turned some newcomers away or maybe the parents just decided 2nd grade is too young.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15 or so

Seems like 2026 is light across the board. Legacy reported 15 or so, Express sounded even less...Igloo coming up might give us the total picture. Maybe August tryouts turned some newcomers away or maybe the parents just decided 2nd grade is too young.

2nd grade travel should have tryouts in the spring. No need to push these kids, so who are still 6 to do tryouts so early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15 or so

2nd grade travel should have tryouts in the spring. No need to push these kids, so who are still 6 to do tryouts so early.

or they should keep short training rosters and supplement in the spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what the turnout looked like for igloo 2026 this morning?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what the turnout looked like for igloo 2026 this morning?

15 to 20 kids. Similar to other 2026 reports. Nice staff of Barrone and Cromwell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts on the 2026 clubs post tryouts? I went to 2 of them with my son for the experience and to get a sense of if he is ready for this, but I am new to this process. Awaiting results then will make a decision if it is for him. Looking for fair opinions on coaching, clubs at this age... I have heard (and agree) that coaching is most important here... (please save nonsense comments....)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts on the 2026 clubs post tryouts? I went to 2 of them with my son for the experience and to get a sense of if he is ready for this, but I am new to this process. Awaiting results then will make a decision if it is for him. Looking for fair opinions on coaching, clubs at this age... I have heard (and agree) that coaching is most important here... (please save nonsense comments....)

Coaching is key, Barrone is top notch, no doubt and with Cromwell, I'd say they are the best combo. Don't know too many of the others. 91 hasn't named coaches nor have some of the others, so you have to avoid them until you have names.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dan Paccione and Jay Leavy are coaching Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching is key, Barrone is top notch, no doubt and with Cromwell, I'd say they are the best combo. Don't know too many of the others. 91 hasn't named coaches nor have some of the others, so you have to avoid them until you have names.

I would agree Igloo would be the place to go based on the coaching but it's going to run you $1800. That's a lot of cash for 7 year old lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Paccione from St John's ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of daddy ball at igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Barrone has a kid on the team but he is a [lacrosse] of a coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Barrone has a kid on the team but he is a [lacrosse] of a coach

They all have kids on the team. You'll be fine as long as your kid doesn't play attack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo did a great job with the 2026s in the camp format. I think most teams had about the same turnout give or take a few. Barone and Cromwell made it fun in very hot conditions and the kids learned a ton.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo did a great job with the 2026s in the camp format. I think most teams had about the same turnout give or take a few. Barone and Cromwell made it fun in very hot conditions and the kids learned a ton.

Did you get a phone call yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Paccione from St John's ?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree Igloo would be the place to go based on the coaching but it's going to run you $1800. That's a lot of cash for 7 year old lax

1750.... All in, it is the same as the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is $1250 and includes all winter, fall ,summer 4 tournaments and clinics as well as a helmet. Plus you have 2 legit coaches. That is a great value

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard