BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 86 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie and a middie, the middie committed before he ever donned the blue and Yellow, wire it for a year and moved on up [/quote]

For which team? [/quote]
2018 [/quote]

Well since I definitely know you are not the kids parents please stick to posting about

That is not true!!!!!!!! Who ever is posting this does not know what they are talking about.
[/quote]
I think I do [/quote]

No you don't!!!!!! Since I definitely 100% know that you are not the kids parent (because that would be me) please post about your own kid and stop spreading lies. [/quote]
I think I do, there is more than one goalie and more than one midfielder on the team, like I said one goalie and one middie not coming back

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Goalie and a middie, the middie committed before he ever donned the blue and Yellow, wire it for a year and moved on up

That is not true!!!!!!!! Who ever is posting this does not know what they are talking about.
[/quote]
I think I do [/quote]

No you don't!!!!!! Since I definitely 100% know that you are not the kids parent (because that would be me) please post about your own kid and stop spreading lies. [/quote]
I think I do, there is more than one goalie and more than one midfielder on the team, like I said one goalie and one middie not coming back [/quote]

You are a moron!!!! You wrote the following "the middie committed before he ever donned the blue and Yellow" and that is totally and completely false statement. Quit spreading lies and talk about your own kid not others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But Madlax gives you the Case thing. Totally justifies paying $3600.

Where is the blowhard that was challenging everyone to post their costs, because he had some point to make. If your son is getting the most from his program and is benefitting, why do you care what other clubs are doing or other parents are paying.

How about from now on, when you want to bad mouth a program you start by saying where you played D1 lacrosse or how many kids you have coached and mentored to play D1. Then you can criticize all of the other programs and call them crazy. No matter what, all of the NoVa programs are improving and giving kids opportunities to peruse their dreams. No one has cornered the market on how to best do it for every kid.

I am guessing I am the Blow Hard you are talking about. And I am also guessing that 100s of people will read these last couple of post and be informed about the cost of all the NOVA clubs. So with this information a parent thinking about starting this crazy club/travel thing now has some information to start with. I asked nicely for people to post the cost but it took me calling people names to get them to do the math and write it all down. But can we all agree that Madlax is not overpriced to the extent as the bitter dads on the sidelines like to say. And the crazy thing is would anyone like to talk about the level of play on the Madlax team compared to the 3D teams. And as we see hear the price is pretty much the same. And we can agree that VLC and Blackwolf play less lacrosse for the money you pay. Witch is fine but you can not say how much cheaper something is unless its the same amount of the thing you are comparing. I can get one Coke for $1.25 and you can get a case of Coke for $4.50. Which one is a better deal.

Here's what you fail to understand. It would be one thing if paying more money for more tournaments had increasing returns. It doesn't. No kid - youth or HS - needs to play in 5-6 mandatory team tournaments. Not for the reps, not for the recruiting exposure. 2-3 tournaments is plenty of exposure, especially because most of these kids are going to individual recruiting events, etc.

If you like paying more for Madlax, great. If you don't mind having your credit card charged every month, great. There are plenty of good Madlax kids and parents. But people have a right to point out that $3500 a year is a lot to charge families to play lacrosse when there are cheaper alternatives that many find comparable or better.

Not arguing with 90% of this but Madlax does 4 summer tournaments and you only do 5 if you are on the National team. The 6th one could count if you do the Madlax Showcase camp. But lots of Madlax kids do not do they do other showcases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, I am not the prior poster who said anything about a 2018 team I have no idea about. Frankly, my original point was there are lacrosse clubs who will literally have a kid guest play for a tournament or two, then add those guys to the club commit lists. Sweetlax does a lot of that. Sure they develop some players, but their lists have been pretty brazen to list out kids who barely got on a first name basis with other kids on a team one summer. Crabs has been notorious for this too, getting rising HS juniors or seniors to go to Lake Placid. They make calls to committed kids they want to roster at that tournament and some others, and then poof a Crab is born. I wrote 3d has the same passers through but doesn't advertise like that. Paul Rabil was not raised up a Crab...he was a dialed up ringer for the Lake Placid event long after he was a Hopkins recruit. How this became a who is a Crab commit in the kiddie pool I have no idea, and don't care. This bantor is misplaced. The quality of a youth lacrosse club is not a hit count of committed kids. That has very little to do with anyone's personal needs and should not be a focus of parents. Lacrosse should be challenging and fun. Sounds like the programs bashing each other here are lost on that concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie and a middie, the middie committed before he ever donned the blue and Yellow, wire it for a year and moved on up

I think I do [/quote]

I think I do, there is more than one goalie and more than one midfielder on the team, like I said one goalie and one middie not coming back [/quote]

You are a moron!!!! You wrote the following "the middie committed before he ever donned the blue and Yellow" and that is totally and completely false statement. Quit spreading lies and talk about your own kid not others. [/quote]
I think he did

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I get a update from this weekends Maryland Tryouts please?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, I am not the prior poster who said anything about a 2018 team I have no idea about. Frankly, my original point was there are lacrosse clubs who will literally have a kid guest play for a tournament or two, then add those guys to the club commit lists. Sweetlax does a lot of that. Sure they develop some players, but their lists have been pretty brazen to list out kids who barely got on a first name basis with other kids on a team one summer. Crabs has been notorious for this too, getting rising HS juniors or seniors to go to Lake Placid. They make calls to committed kids they want to roster at that tournament and some others, and then poof a Crab is born. I wrote 3d has the same passers through but doesn't advertise like that. Paul Rabil was not raised up a Crab...he was a dialed up ringer for the Lake Placid event long after he was a Hopkins recruit. How this became a who is a Crab commit in the kiddie pool I have no idea, and don't care. This bantor is misplaced. The quality of a youth lacrosse club is not a hit count of committed kids. That has very little to do with anyone's personal needs and should not be a focus of parents. Lacrosse should be challenging and fun. Sounds like the programs bashing each other here are lost on that concept.

All the college commits on the Crabs website are kids who are on their teams. They do tournaments like Lake Placid where they have a combo team with VLC and a sprinkling of other kids, but they do not put those kids on their college commit list. Please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please? Baloney. Explain Paul Rabil then. The Lake Placid team is an assemblage that has included players from all over. Rob Emery, who had never been to Baltimore, played for Crabs in Lake Placid and broke his thumb on a team my oldest was on. The Lake Placid event has always been a platform to add Crabs references. What screwed up "claiming" someone like Emery is that kid was young for his class and was already at UVA. To point to Rabil as a Crab is a fraud. Point to tournaments he played as a U-15, U-13 or just stop with the indignation. Crabs has been doing this for many years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name one person on the Crabs college commit list who was never a member of the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not playing lawyer with you pal. I just did. Paul Rabil, wasn't a Crab at all. I see what you did there, don't answer the question but turn the nozzle to see if I'm a cad and would call out minors on your 2018 teams or whatever. The point is maybe every kid wore a Crab jersey once, but Crabs have been pretty brazen in years past to bloat the list with kids who were not Crab youths, period. Let's all pretend Paul Rabil as a crab isn't a fraud? Answer that one Ryan.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of relying on me, look it up. Paul Rabil's exact words: I NEVER PLAYED CLUB LACROSSE. And he clarified that two clubs, including Crabs, smile and dialed him to play on a U-19 team one summer. Google lax all stars webpage. Now answer my question: why was Paul Rabil's photo in a Crabs uniform on the Crabs website for years as eye candy, and why does the club trot him through the Crabs Prospect Camp (paid role of course) as the Crab legend to talk to the kids?

But wait, you want me to name little kids for you to go check and come back with some yarn on? Nice try, but face it instead of deflections with urgings to look off topic. The most famous Crab of all is a myth and a fraudulent representation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you say Paul Rabil was never a Crab, I believe you. But I think you said that there were kids on their homepage listed as D1 commits who've never played for the Crabs. If you are going to make that assertion, please provide proof.

Doesn't Madlax have Paul Rabil come to their camp every year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not arguing with 90% of this but Madlax does 4 summer tournaments and you only do 5 if you are on the National team. The 6th one could count if you do the Madlax Showcase camp. But lots of Madlax kids do not do they do other showcases.

Both Madlax 2017 teams had to pay for 5 tournaments. Both Madlax 2018 teams had to pay for 5 tournaments. One of the Madlax 2019 teams had to pay for 5 tournaments.

Those are 5 Madlax teams that had to pay for 5, and some/most of those kids also had to pay for a 6th tournament with their "national" team. That is ridiculous considering those kids have to pay/play for other individual recruiting events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that ridiculous if that is what they want to do? The kids that have not been committed still need playing opportunities and additional exposure. I am sure that most of the parents from Fairfax, Loudoun, Montgomery and DC can afford it if they so choose. Non-Madlax Parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you say Paul Rabil was never a Crab, I believe you. But I think you said that there were kids on their homepage listed as D1 commits who've never played for the Crabs. If you are going to make that assertion, please provide proof.

Losing arguments from a loser. I wrote crabs has been notorious for years to have kids guest play at one or two events, and then poster them up as crabs who are on their college lists. I didn't write that kids never played, only the projection is silly for kids who did 1-2 events. The ultimate hypocrisy is Rabil, and it seems that finally got through to you because it is a fact. Sure Rabil goes and does clinics here and there, but I missed the part where Madlax introduced him at an event as a Madlax player alum. Crabs does exactly that and it is a hysterical fraud. Ryan's best hopes are people don't have a long memory to call it out. This is the part where you accept that for what it is and I stop responding to this idiocy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you say Paul Rabil was never a Crab, I believe you. But I think you said that there were kids on their homepage listed as D1 commits who've never played for the Crabs. If you are going to make that assertion, please provide proof.

Losing arguments from a loser. I wrote crabs has been notorious for years to have kids guest play at one or two events, and then poster them up as crabs who are on their college lists. I didn't write that kids never played, only the projection is silly for kids who did 1-2 events. The ultimate hypocrisy is Rabil, and it seems that finally got through to you because it is a fact. Sure Rabil goes and does clinics here and there, but I missed the part where Madlax introduced him at an event as a Madlax player alum. Crabs does exactly that and it is a hysterical fraud. Ryan's best hopes are people don't have a long memory to call it out. This is the part where you accept that for what it is and I stop responding to this idiocy.

Only thing hysterical is your rant. Pick up your soiled panties and go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is your position so weak you have to resort to namecalling?

If you say Rabil never played for the Crabs, I believe you. But you say there are other kids who have guest played (e.g. played only once or twice for the Crabs) and then are listed as D1 commits as a Crab.

That's fine. Can you please list of few of them so that it's clear for the record?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that ridiculous if that is what they want to do? The kids that have not been committed still need playing opportunities and additional exposure. I am sure that most of the parents from Fairfax, Loudoun, Montgomery and DC can afford it if they so choose. Non-Madlax Parent!

If that works for you, go to town. But you are throwing money down the toilet. The owner of that club is playing into your fears and you are having over money for no reason. The only thing that happens is your son is more fatigued and plays worse in the next event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that works for you, go to town. But you are throwing money down the toilet. The owner of that club is playing into your fears and you are having over money for no reason. The only thing that happens is your son is more fatigued and plays worse in the next event.

When we left ML the owner told me there was no way my son would be recruited. I told him I wasn't worried about that, as I wasn't really enthused about committing to get maybe a 25% discount at best. But I also told him that if my son was good enough to play in college it would probably happen.

Two months later my son was fielding multiple calls, after teams saw him at both an individual showcase event and at a tournament where he played with his high school team. Everybody has to do what is best for them; in our case, leaving Madlax was the catalyst for more recruiting than he ever received while with the club. Now, he is happily committed to a great school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both Madlax 2017 teams had to pay for 5 tournaments. Both Madlax 2018 teams had to pay for 5 tournaments. One of the Madlax 2019 teams had to pay for 5 tournaments.

Those are 5 Madlax teams that had to pay for 5, and some/most of those kids also had to pay for a 6th tournament with their "national" team. That is ridiculous considering those kids have to pay/play for other individual recruiting events.

Not many kids played in all tournaments. Every team that you named was competitive in every tournament even though its roster varied slightly weekly due to absences. Every team won their fair share. Every kid got ample playing time.

Madlax is far and away the best club in NoVA, and gets invited to the top tournaments, something no other club in NoVa can say. Did another NoVa team win a tournament this summer?

Did anyone mention that Madlax has for 3 years running had the first or one of the first commits in 2017, 2018 and 2019? Top schools follow top prospects to the top tournaments.

If I have to pay more for that training and exposure, so be it. I charge top of the market rates for my services too. I'm worth it, so is Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When we left ML the owner told me there was no way my son would be recruited. I told him I wasn't worried about that, as I wasn't really enthused about committing to get maybe a 25% discount at best. But I also told him that if my son was good enough to play in college it would probably happen.

Two months later my son was fielding multiple calls, after teams saw him at both an individual showcase event and at a tournament where he played with his high school team. Everybody has to do what is best for them; in our case, leaving Madlax was the catalyst for more recruiting than he ever received while with the club. Now, he is happily committed to a great school.

How do your son's uncommitted ML friends at other local private schools feel about you continually posting on here? I assume if you thought it was okay that you would sign your posts. We know who you are...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good grief....1-800-GET-LIFE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So no one who reads this can give me a update about the Maryland tryouts. Really no one can say they went well. Or there where lots of kids or not a lot of kids. Something anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point this guy makes is s good one. You don't need club lacrosse to get recruited. And I don't care who he is he's allowed to share information on this site And I don't see how it negatively affects any uncommitted kids. You're the one who made it weird by getting personal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point this guy makes is s good one. You don't need club lacrosse to get recruited. And I don't care who he is he's allowed to share information on this site And I don't see how it negatively affects any uncommitted kids. You're the one who made it weird by getting personal.

I agree you do not always need club ball to get seen. But if you are a public school kid on a bad 5 A school. I would say you need club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So no one who reads this can give me a update about the Maryland tryouts. Really no one can say they went well. Or there where lots of kids or not a lot of kids. Something anyone?

The turnout was pretty bad. It was a low turnout and the quality wasn't very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do your son's uncommitted ML friends at other local private schools feel about you continually posting on here? I assume if you thought it was okay that you would sign your posts. We know who you are...

If youre trying to say the uncommitted madlax kids feel bad about the what an ex-madlax dad is posting on this site -- that is a laugh! Kids don't even look at this forum. how about how madlax likes to post/tweet pictures of the favorite madlax commits with the name of the school they committed to in parenthesis like its part of their name. THat makes the uncommitted kids feel like crap. I know because my kid is one! Do you know who I am......???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If youre trying to say the uncommitted madlax kids feel bad about the what an ex-madlax dad is posting on this site -- that is a laugh! Kids don't even look at this forum. how about how madlax likes to post/tweet pictures of the favorite madlax commits with the name of the school they committed to in parenthesis like its part of their name. THat makes the uncommitted kids feel like crap. I know because my kid is one! Do you know who I am......???

So you are saying the kids who have not yet committed are having there feelings hurt when Madlax posts on Twitter when a kid does sign or verbals. Shouldnt they be happy there friends just signed to play college ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying the kids who have not yet committed are having there feelings hurt when Madlax posts on Twitter when a kid does sign or verbals. Shouldnt they be happy there friends just signed to play college ball.

Of course those kids and families are happy for the poster and his kid. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Keep in mind this is the same guy who keeps posting the same denigrating stuff about other clubs and kids in order to make himself feel better about paying Madlax. It's fine if he thinks Madlax is best for his son, but it's embarrassing that he keeps attacking other people/clubs at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The turnout was pretty bad. It was a low turnout and the quality wasn't very good.

I wonder how the turnout will be for the VA tryouts this weekend.

How was Madlax's 2020 team last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is your position so weak you have to resort to namecalling?

If you say Rabil never played for the Crabs, I believe you. But you say there are other kids who have guest played (e.g. played only once or twice for the Crabs) and then are listed as D1 commits as a Crab.

That's fine. Can you please list of few of them so that it's clear for the record?

Paul Rabil played in two tournaments as a club player - that's it. "I played in more Summer and Fall tournaments with DeMatha High School, than I ever did with said club programs. I played in one Vail Lacrosse Shootout with the Baltimore Crabs, and one Champ Camp with Team Crossroads. We lost both."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always assume it's Cabell Maddux posting when it gets creepy, i.e. "we know who you are..."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder how the turnout will be for the VA tryouts this weekend.

How was Madlax's 2020 team last year?

Their 2020 team was just ok. Had a couple buddies whose kids attended the VLC 2020 tryout last weekend and said they had 70 kids on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there now 3 madlax teams? Va, Md, DC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One reason may be the sudden collapse of Great Falls-based FreedomLax; they fielded two teams at U15 and U15 over the spring and summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of Cavs there too who are tired of playing in the B tourneys....nice showing at VLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that's what they're trying for, but we will see if they can do it or not....last year madlax was really only able to field one team per year group for summer below 2019. Three might be a stretch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that's what they're trying for, but we will see if they can do it or not....last year madlax was really only able to field one team per year group for summer below 2019. Three might be a stretch.

I think this is correct and not correct at the same time. If you take the U11,U13 and U15 model that is two ages per group. They had a orange and blue team at each age group with this old model. So when they went to all grad year they still had 6 teams like before but really 7, 2019 had a blue team. I do think they will be backing out of the 3 team model for all grades. I am guessing they will have MD kids play for the VA team if that age group is really weak in MD. And as long as they have one team in MD or VA and the top team Capital they will still be the same size. I do not think they will look at it as a failure if they are able to make 1 or two teams extra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of Cavs there too who are tired of playing in the B tourneys....nice showing at VLC.

Don't Cavs and VLC play in same Division in NYPLL league.

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 86 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard