BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thank you for your very helpful comments. how is the quality of the coaching?

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Three teams. Blue Knights is the A team. It is an A- team and very close to A. When they had the Express Wolves playing with them in the fall they were a solid A team. Needs some top players to be A. The second team is a solid B team. Not B plus yet. But a better B team. Don't know about the third team or how much any team practices. I don't know if they still bring in the Wolves for games. That would be a concern. They had a lot of conflicts in the summer so the wolves could not play with them. Probably not a bad choice compared to other A and B teams out there but not great either. Good luck.

quote=Anonymous]can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you.
[/quote]

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have been a part of a couple of clubs over the past 9 years with our three boys. Two of which are now playing in college. I can say from experience and with much enthusiasm that Legacy is by far the most organized club. The coaching is great and the directors are very approachable and friendly. The level of play is also very high.
We would recommend this club to anyone looking for a great club experience both for your son and you. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know nothing about the coaching or the number of practices. Every kid is different when it comes to coaching. So there is no one answer for that. Some kids need a tough coach some would quit with a tough coach. I don't know the coach. Call the director and ask questions. Try and find parents on the team or know people on the team. When my sons team played them they seemed organized but I really don't know. Return rate will help you a lot. When you go to tryout if it is mostly legacy helmets there that is a good sign. If there is a lot of open spaces that means kids left and that is never good. Go to all the teams tryouts. It is worth going. I hear good and bad about legacy. I have not seen anything terrible except them bringing the wolves kids on to play some games. If they still do that you may want to keep away.

Three teams. Blue Knights is the A team. It is an A- team and very close to A. When they had the Express Wolves playing with them in the fall they were a solid A team. Needs some top players to be A. The second team is a solid B team. Not B plus yet. But a better B team. Don't know about the third team or how much any team practices. I don't know if they still bring in the Wolves for games. That would be a concern. They had a lot of conflicts in the summer so the wolves could not play with them. Probably not a bad choice compared to other A and B teams out there but not great either. Good luck.

quote=Anonymous]can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know nothing about the coaching or the number of practices. Every kid is different when it comes to coaching. So there is no one answer for that. Some kids need a tough coach some would quit with a tough coach. I don't know the coach. Call the director and ask questions. Try and find parents on the team or know people on the team. When my sons team played them they seemed organized but I really don't know. Return rate will help you a lot. When you go to tryout if it is mostly legacy helmets there that is a good sign. If there is a lot of open spaces that means kids left and that is never good. Go to all the teams tryouts. It is worth going. I hear good and bad about legacy. I have not seen anything terrible except them bringing the wolves kids on to play some games. If they still do that you may want to keep away.

[/quote]

Having a few kids myself, experiencing various clubs in different ages, I would say it has much less to do with the actual club and a lot more to do with the coaches. The club may take the money and post on the website, but the coaches, their philosophy, their pick of tournaments, and the way they run, schedule and communicate about practices, scrimmages and competitive games. Ask to speak to the coach and get these questions answered before you give 2-3 grand to a club. A travel sport can become a miserable experience if you find you dislike a coach and how he interacts with his families and players. Asking other families on that team is another way to learn more, but just remember, not everyone values the same experiences. Good luck to your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy Blue Knight beat Team Long Island in the fall but they had the best Express players playing with them that day. I agree TLI is better but you can't say Legacy can't ever beat them.

Bold statement. Blue Knights tied igloo B then lost in a brave heart. I guess that means blue knight "cannot beat" them ever. They Tied igloo the second time they played. Blue Knights beat the turtles and igloo B lost to the turtles 9-2 the same day. Legacy beat the jesters by a lot and igloo lost to the jesters. Jesters beat team Long Island and igloo B lost to team Long Island by a lot. You can not say blue nights "cannot" beat igloo B. Igloo B and legacy are A- maybe B plus. Neither are A. If the jesters could beat igloo B and team Long Island so can legacy. Read the post again it does not say blue knights are A.

Blue Knights cannot beat either Igloo team, Express, 91, ICON or Team Long Island. They are not an A team.

[/quote] [/quote] [/quote]

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go the Bluefish tryout yesterday? If yes, how did it go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a well ran tryout, lots of Hofstra players doing evals. Tierney and other big names were bouncing around between 3 groups. but overall a good tryout, ran practice style.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post K

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody tell me if their is it a big jump for your son going from 6th to 7th grade in the lacrosse world?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody tell me if their is it a big jump for your son going from 6th to 7th grade in the lacrosse world?

Yes, it's huge! Especially if he plays u13, which he may have to in age based tournaments because there is no u12. This is where you run into kids in full puberty as well as holbacks, and of course the dreaded double holdback!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you listen to the holdback whiners, it must be the equivalent of going from hitting a baseball in little league to trying to hit off Clayton Kershaw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you listen to the holdback whiners, it must be the equivalent of going from hitting a baseball in little league to trying to hit off Clayton Kershaw

Reality is, holdback or not, in that puberty range it's a big deal. You often will have a young 7th grader (Turns 12 in August) playing against an older 7th grader (turns 13 in September). That's the difference between a little boy and a young man and you can see it on the field immediately not only in terms of size but just how they move. The younger boy is often disadvantaged during this period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting tryout season so far. The best 2021 teams meaning B plus, A and AA will be filled by sept 1. After that only B and C teams will have spots open or having first tryouts. The chances of a team improving out of the B level is almost impossible this year given all the best teams tried out together and the best kids are taken. For those looking for the best B teams where should they go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting tryout season so far. The best 2021 teams meaning B plus, A and AA will be filled by sept 1. After that only B and C teams will have spots open or having first tryouts. The chances of a team improving out of the B level is almost impossible this year given all the best teams tried out together and the best kids are taken. For those looking for the best B teams where should they go?

You mean A teams in B programs (or startups like Bluefish), and I think that teams may pick up the kids who Igloo doesn't take on the A team. So then you have parents who rightly (or not) don't want the B team experience, they are the available kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
would someone please be kind enough to comment on what they know about Millon Force at this age group, and whether they are organized well?

im not looking to label the team a b or c, but would rather know whether the teams they play are evenly matched, or does millon get blown out frequently, or do they run up a score on other teams frequently?

how is the quality of the coaching?

thank you, in advance, for any helpful information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seeing a bunch of 2021 igloo boys at other tryouts. Guess seeing Icon hold their own against igloo is making some want to jump ship.

Listening to the igloo brigade defend themselves is always the highlight of my day smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids igloo does not take on their Black ice team will just go back to the team they played for last year or a team they aready made this year with a spot held for them. They will not play on a b to b plus team like avelanche. There will not be too many of those players. Everyone know by now if the igloo director has not asked your kid to try out for Black ice the chances of making that team is almost zero. So this weeks tryouts is really for the avelanche team which last year had a buch of B level players and had half its teams at other try outs this year and may have already commited to other teams. I doubt igloo tryout left overs will have any A players looking for a team.

You mean A teams in B programs (or startups like Bluefish), and I think that teams may pick up the kids who Igloo doesn't take on the A team. So then you have parents who rightly (or not) don't want the B team experience, they are the available kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I coach PAL for this age group and pushed many of my boys who wanted to play travel for the first time to go there. A few of my boys play for them, and get better every year, have fun, and keep going back for more. It would be frustrating for an exceptional player, but for an average to above average player it is great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friends son plays for them. He has spoken very highly about this team. The coaches run excellnt practices and he saw tremendous improvement. I understand they play in appropriate level at local tourneys so arent blowing out teams or getting blown out by 20. He is happy with the team for his son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seeing a bunch of 2021 igloo boys at other tryouts. Guess seeing Icon hold their own against igloo is making some want to jump ship.

Listening to the igloo brigade defend themselves is always the highlight of my day smile

Are you serious? Having another team play well and compete would make people want to jump ship! to where? who else has been as dominant or has the track record? are you really suggesting one close game would scare people away?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From a 30,000 ft look as a parent on the sidelines, for the next few years there is a big difference in the play from 6th to 7th again up to 8th then another big jump at 10th. All really maturity rate driven, then at 10th wow mind and body on many of these boys are amazing.

My son has played up each step of the way as well as play on age. and yes the hold back issue, is an issue you will see. but my son says it is all the same outside of that one player that's lights out. He says you start realizing a team concept is the best method of play. Where Lax IQ and physical conditioning is very important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THEY CANT EVER BEAT TEAM LI! TLI thumped the Blue Knights 8-0 this Summer. It was never close. You cannot compare the two!

Legacy Blue Knight beat Team Long Island in the fall but they had the best Express players playing with them that day. I agree TLI is better but you can't say Legacy can't ever beat them.

Bold statement. Blue Knights tied igloo B then lost in a brave heart. I guess that means blue knight "cannot beat" them ever. They Tied igloo the second time they played. Blue Knights beat the turtles and igloo B lost to the turtles 9-2 the same day. Legacy beat the jesters by a lot and igloo lost to the jesters. Jesters beat team Long Island and igloo B lost to team Long Island by a lot. You can not say blue nights "cannot" beat igloo B. Igloo B and legacy are A- maybe B plus. Neither are A. If the jesters could beat igloo B and team Long Island so can legacy. Read the post again it does not say blue knights are A.

Blue Knights cannot beat either Igloo team, Express, 91, ICON or Team Long Island. They are not an A team.

[/quote] [/quote] [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THEY CANT EVER BEAT TEAM LI! TLI thumped the Blue Knights 8-0 this Summer. It was never close. You cannot compare the two!

[/quote] [/quote][/quote]

True...however does that TLI team still exist? Heard most of that team was going to Empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU ARE OUT OF YOU MIND !!! One close game against a very good team who is very well coach and people are jumping ship you are really funny. Black Ice has not lost a tournament in 2 years and they are something like 90-3 in last 3 years____COM'ON MAN ......YOU MADE MY DAY smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clear things up. The many 2021 Igloo kids seen at different try outs were not from Black Ice.

YOU ARE OUT OF YOU MIND !!! One close game against a very good team who is very well coach and people are jumping ship you are really funny. Black Ice has not lost a tournament in 2 years and they are something like 90-3 in last 3 years____COM'ON MAN ......YOU MADE MY DAY smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are incorrect.....There was 1, yes 1 player on the TLI team that this applies to, although he was a younger kid. 99% of that team is 2021. FACT.

True...however does that TLI team still exist? Heard most of that team was going to Empire.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clear things up. The many 2021 Igloo kids seen at different try outs were not from Black Ice.

even the majority of the Avalanche team was very happy with the exception of a few who thought they were better then

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are incorrect.....There was 1, yes 1 player on the TLI team that this applies to, although he was a younger kid. 99% of that team is 2021. FACT.

[/quote]

This is truly a question, not a dig- if TLI is a very capable team, why don't we see them at more tournaments against the better competition? I ask not just of this team, but all age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why they are leaving TLI, to have the opportunity to play against better competition in better tournaments.

This is truly a question, not a dig- if TLI is a very capable team, why don't we see them at more tournaments against the better competition? I ask not just of this team, but all age groups. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is truly a question, not a dig- if TLI is a very capable team, why don't we see them at more tournaments against the better competition? I ask not just of this team, but all age groups. [/quote]

It is an age-based org and therefore tries to play in age-based tourneys of which they are apart of something called the Passport Allianace which is comprised of other like-minded teams. While they are often criticized for multi-grade kids on a team, their teams are age appropriate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

90-3, how would you know that? Who keeps crazy stats like that at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You say "the majority of the Avalanche team was very happy with the exception of a few who thought they were better". If that is true why is it that at least half of Igloo Avalanche kids are being seen at tryouts all over the place? The kids seen at tryouts are the better kids. Those are the ones wearing Igloo helmets. There could be more who are not wearing Igloo helmets. It may be that they all come back to Igloo this season but it won't be because they want to be there.

even the majority of the Avalanche team was very happy with the exception of a few who thought they were better then

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black Ice picks and chooses when they play. If they are missing 1 or 2 certain kids they back out of tournaments, games and scrimmages. They ONLY play with all the key players. They are afraid to play without one or two kids. No other team does this. Teams play with who ever shows up but not Black Ice. Igloo Black Ice also has 2020 kids but play in 2021 tournaments. They avoid Crush. Both Crush and Black Ice are technically 2020 teams for the past 3 years. This past season they played less than they have in the past. They had more one goal games this year and more close games. Less blow outs. This could explain why they are not playing as much. Play less to keep a perfect record. This hurts the kids and helps the program reputation. That may be why everyone is catching up to them and they find themselves in closer games and many more one goal games. If you don't play that much and everyone else is playing more the team and individuals won't improve as much as the rest. Until they play Crush (and other state 2020 top teams), play more often and play when certain kids are not able to make it is hard to respect the 90-3 record.

90-3, how would you know that? Who keeps crazy stats like that at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, your child has only ever tried out for one team? Do you see an issue with YOUR son trying out for another team even if he's happy with Express? Or would you advise your son NOT to tryout for another team as a 'plan B' option in the event he might not make his current team again? I think it's wise to always have a fallback option.

You say "the majority of the Avalanche team was very happy with the exception of a few who thought they were better". If that is true why is it that at least half of Igloo Avalanche kids are being seen at tryouts all over the place? The kids seen at tryouts are the better kids. Those are the ones wearing Igloo helmets. There could be more who are not wearing Igloo helmets. It may be that they all come back to Igloo this season but it won't be because they want to be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Must be a Manhasset DIG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do people think about the early tryouts. I like it because the kids have just stop playing and are not too rusty and get it over with early. Any other thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Must be a Manhasset DIG
what is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone comment on Outlaws black team? Competitive? Coaching? Are they a good group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do people think about the early tryouts. I like it because the kids have just stop playing and are not too rusty and get it over with early. Any other thoughts?

Like them- kids still in the flow- before school starts- football not fully into season- parents find out the team and possible tournaments for the Fall early on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone comment on Outlaws black team? Competitive? Coaching? Are they a good group?

If one followed the announcement of the Outlaws going Select AA, A and B this year, along with the respective coaching staff, one could guess, it was a name change. Black is being renamed Select, Silver being renamed Black, and a third team no relegated to Silver status.

Silver entered B divisions last year and I'm not sure if they won a tournament, so nobody knows how they will perform as the A Black team.

IMO, both last year's Black and Silver team will a need significant amount of new talented players to jump a level.

Good luck to them, hope it works out, especially with all the new board member additions. It could happen. But it could not. Time will tell. Be a smart consumer.

Page 3 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard