BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 86 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
But Madlax gives you the Case thing. Totally justifies paying $3600.

Where is the blowhard that was challenging everyone to post their costs, because he had some point to make. If your son is getting the most from his program and is benefitting, why do you care what other clubs are doing or other parents are paying.

How about from now on, when you want to bad mouth a program you start by saying where you played D1 lacrosse or how many kids you have coached and mentored to play D1. Then you can criticize all of the other programs and call them crazy. No matter what, all of the NoVa programs are improving and giving kids opportunities to peruse their dreams. No one has cornered the market on how to best do it for every kid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Different products and many options....madlax and 3D on the high $/ full service side and VLC/BW on the lower cost/less events side. Maybe too many options for club in nova sometimes.....clubs come and go every couple years. Freedom just folded and VLC is one who is benefitting and getting strong again...excellent turnout at tryouts. Hopefully the strong programs will get stronger and we can get some consistency here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where the outrage is rooted. At Madlax and 3d you'll play in a lot more events. Events are now $200-$300 per player per day now. So a two day is in the $400-$600 range. If a club is doing 5-6 events in summer instead of 3 and is doing 3 in fall instead of 2, and both include a winter box league that costs a walk up kid $250 for a season -- why exactly is everyone stuck on the elementary school math? Madlax and 3d cost $1000-$1500 more for those reasons.

I get it that clubs like Blackwolf and VLC run less and play less lacrosse. Makes sense to me there is a demand for that if those two have decent instruction and teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is the blowhard that was challenging everyone to post their costs, because he had some point to make. If your son is getting the most from his program and is benefitting, why do you care what other clubs are doing or other parents are paying.

How about from now on, when you want to bad mouth a program you start by saying where you played D1 lacrosse or how many kids you have coached and mentored to play D1. Then you can criticize all of the other programs and call them crazy. No matter what, all of the NoVa programs are improving and giving kids opportunities to peruse their dreams. No one has cornered the market on how to best do it for every kid.

I am guessing I am the Blow Hard you are talking about. And I am also guessing that 100s of people will read these last couple of post and be informed about the cost of all the NOVA clubs. So with this information a parent thinking about starting this crazy club/travel thing now has some information to start with. I asked nicely for people to post the cost but it took me calling people names to get them to do the math and write it all down. But can we all agree that Madlax is not overpriced to the extent as the bitter dads on the sidelines like to say. And the crazy thing is would anyone like to talk about the level of play on the Madlax team compared to the 3D teams. And as we see hear the price is pretty much the same. And we can agree that VLC and Blackwolf play less lacrosse for the money you pay. Witch is fine but you can not say how much cheaper something is unless its the same amount of the thing you are comparing. I can get one Coke for $1.25 and you can get a case of Coke for $4.50. Which one is a better deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well sir I played a D1 sport that you can not buy a spot like you can in lacrosse. My sport was only played in the fall and with your high school. I had to compete with the poor hungry kids to play my D1 sport. This lacrosse world is about paying your way into a great player. There is no way a poor kid no matter how skilled they are can compete with the private school kids deep pockets. I want there to be more then one great club in NOVA I think the area can field 3 great AA teams at each age group. But for this to happen there needs to be 3 top teams not 7.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "blowhard" actually makes a couple good points, but sounds more like a HS player who doesn't actually pay for any of this. Madlax is much higher quality than 3D no question. The cost point is valid in that the quality and value is there....however if I just want one coke, it would be wasteful to pay for the whole case and get all these cokes at a value.....especially if I have to travel and pay for hotels and stuff in order to drink them.

The following poster makes a good point too....lax is still at the point where $ buys your way up the ladder. There is little financial incentive to pursue this game and that's where it needs to change in order to get to the level other sports are at....I think it will happen as the sport grows more nationwide. I'm not sure
why kids pursue the lesser clubs but they do....would definitely the legit clubs help if the fly by night start ups would go away and stop trickling talent away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think travel clubs should (and mine does) comp everything for "scholarship" kids. Quite apart from fees, there's plenty of equipment around and pretty easy to get free hotel rooms when you are booking a block. And I've never had a camp or MLL star decline to let a kid participate for free.

Growing the sport in poorer neighborhoods,however, is a big challenge and clubs should be the leaders in that effort.

It does seem like $ and connections win the ER game. Hopefully programs will still have spots for poorer and less connected/showcased players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "blowhard" actually makes a couple good points, but sounds more like a HS player who doesn't actually pay for any of this. Madlax is much higher quality than 3D no question. The cost point is valid in that the quality and value is there....however if I just want one coke, it would be wasteful to pay for the whole case and get all these cokes at a value.....especially if I have to travel and pay for hotels and stuff in order to drink them.

The following poster makes a good point too....lax is still at the point where $ buys your way up the ladder. There is little financial incentive to pursue this game and that's where it needs to change in order to get to the level other sports are at....I think it will happen as the sport grows more nationwide. I'm not sure
why kids pursue the lesser clubs but they do....would definitely the legit clubs help if the fly by night start ups would go away and stop trickling talent away.

Well I am not in high school just a guy who got lucky at work. I am not the most educated person around that is why I liked my son playing Lacrosse its a whole different world compared to a Football locker room. Lacrosse kids make fun of the kid with bad grades and tell him he needs to acted right. Football and Basketball and even Baseball dugouts in high school are not this way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think travel clubs should (and mine does) comp everything for "scholarship" kids. Quite apart from fees, there's plenty of equipment around and pretty easy to get free hotel rooms when you are booking a block. And I've never had a camp or MLL star decline to let a kid participate for free.

Growing the sport in poorer neighborhoods,however, is a big challenge and clubs should be the leaders in that effort.

It does seem like $ and connections win the ER game. Hopefully programs will still have spots for poorer and less connected/showcased players.

Once again why would you not name the club if they are doing a good thing and giving poor kids a shot at this great game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers HS Team was $2,500 last season for two Fall tournaments and five Summer tournaments, practice uniform, game uniform and shooting shirt. Helmet and additional apparel items, ie. sweats, shirts and hats were additional costs.

Maybe that's why everyone left and there were 10 kids total at tryouts for the 2021/2022 teams

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think travel clubs should (and mine does) comp everything for "scholarship" kids. Quite apart from fees, there's plenty of equipment around and pretty easy to get free hotel rooms when you are booking a block. And I've never had a camp or MLL star decline to let a kid participate for free.

Once again why would you not name the club if they are doing a good thing and giving poor kids a shot at this great game?

I think his point is that all clubs provide "Scholarships" to players they want that may not be able to afford the high prices. I have boys and girls and all of their clubs do the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of tryouts who was at the Madlax Maryland tryouts this weekend and what did the numbers look like?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to disagree with 3d being a lesser quality club. My son has played for both clubs, and when it comes to quality of coaching, recruiting advocacy, and opportunities to play on a real national team (not a modified version of the capital team), 3d wins hands down. Furthermore, there are opportunities to play with other 3d teams, several of which can easily hang with (if not beat) the best madlax teams. Madlax plays better tournaments and in general has more depth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I am not in high school just a guy who got lucky at work. I am not the most educated person around that is why I liked my son playing Lacrosse its a whole different world compared to a Football locker room. Lacrosse kids make fun of the kid with bad grades and tell him he needs to acted right. Football and Basketball and even Baseball dugouts in high school are not this way. [/quote]
You are an idiot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to disagree with 3d being a lesser quality club. My son has played for both clubs, and when it comes to quality of coaching, recruiting advocacy, and opportunities to play on a real national team (not a modified version of the capital team), 3d wins hands down. Furthermore, there are opportunities to play with other 3d teams, several of which can easily hang with (if not beat) the best madlax teams. Madlax plays better tournaments and in general has more depth.

Ok this is going to be fun can you point out a time in the last 12 months that a local 3D team has beaten a Madlax Orange team. And can you tell me how many local 3D players have played on the National 3D team? I am sure you have some players but 3D is a distant 4th place in the NOVA rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I am not in high school just a guy who got lucky at work. I am not the most educated person around that is why I liked my son playing Lacrosse its a whole different world compared to a Football locker room. Lacrosse kids make fun of the kid with bad grades and tell him he needs to acted right. Football and Basketball and even Baseball dugouts in high school are not this way.

You are an idiot [/quote]
Please inform me how this statement makes me a idiot. If its my spelling I can agree. But if you are questioning my opinion about the positive peer pressures that happen on a lacrosse team I do not get how this makes me a idiot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does someone had to have played D1 to have an opinion about youth lacrosse, is the D1 trained mind better that than D2 or D3, what if you went to an NAIA school or played for an MCLA school, what if you never went to college, but played club ball your whole life. What qualities does one have to actually possess to make them an expert on deciding the best way for kids to "peruse their dreams"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax does have some very elite teams, but I agree with the prior poster. 3d is just a different model. Our kid plays for 3d, but only in summer. It is no big deal to just pay $1000 for a few things in summer and not the full freight year round more expensive option. I doubt a lot of clubs would give us that same flexibility. It's a lot less alienating to be with a program that isn't cajoling us to do club lacrosse 7-9 months a year. I feel a little wiser now that I have had one kid go all the way through who is in college now and have younger kids still doing club lacrosse. I won't get in arguments over who has the best teams, but can say 3d runs a good program and you won't be hearing any nightmare stories about kids or families being personally attacked by the club owner or coaches over email or over voice. I read these stories and just cringe. It is not worth having kids in an environment where that happens even if the lacrosse is good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you won't be hearing any nightmare stories about kids or families being personally attacked by the club owner or coaches over email or over voice. I read these stories and just cringe. It is not worth having kids in an environment where that happens even if the lacrosse is good.

Agreed. Even if the lacrosse is the most superior in the area, there's no reason to compromise one's morals to play for a club that advocates that.

And for the record, there is only one club in question that stoops to that behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot

Please inform me how this statement makes me a idiot. If its my spelling I can agree. But if you are questioning my opinion about the positive peer pressures that happen on a lacrosse team I do not get how this makes me a idiot? [/quote]

The statement makes you an idiot because you think this only happens in a lacrosse locker room.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a lot of the posters here are just missing the 3d model. How many local kids have played for 3d national at events? Many of them. Many local kids have also been added onto 3d regional teams at local tournaments here. Last summer several kids from other programs, including Madlax, played for 3d Colorado, New England teams at two tournaments. Now if you are counting things, sure those kids are Madlax or Crabs commits. It would be misleading to say that 3d got those kids committed, and unlike some clubs (Sweetlax in particular) 3d doesn't do that. I honestly don't get the attacks. For those of you with long memories, does anyone recall that Paul Rabil played his first Crabs tournament as a HS senior after he'd been recruited to play at Hopkins? Talk about a reach to have his picture on the front page of their website!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a lot of the posters here are just missing the 3d model. How many local kids have played for 3d national at events? Many of them. Many local kids have also been added onto 3d regional teams at local tournaments here. Last summer several kids from other programs, including Madlax, played for 3d Colorado, New England teams at two tournaments. Now if you are counting things, sure those kids are Madlax or Crabs commits. It would be misleading to say that 3d got those kids committed, and unlike some clubs (Sweetlax in particular) 3d doesn't do that. I honestly don't get the attacks. For those of you with long memories, does anyone recall that Paul Rabil played his first Crabs tournament as a HS senior after he'd been recruited to play at Hopkins? Talk about a reach to have his picture on the front page of their website!

Agreed, the Blue and Yellow still listing commits on their webpage that no longer are crabbie patties.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D has a great nationwide presence but they are just plain awful in northern va. They can't even field a 2020 team and the 2019's and 2021's got smoked almost every week in the HoCo league. I think it's way too much to pay in this area. Madlax is expensive and seems to have too many events, but you get bang for your buck. I hope they leave the area so that the stable teams here will get as strong as the Md teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's on that page who is no longer a Crab? Even if that's true, all of those guys committed when they were Crabs, so the list is legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D has a great nationwide presence but they are just plain awful in northern va. They can't even field a 2020 team and the 2019's and 2021's got smoked almost every week in the HoCo league. I think it's way too much to pay in this area. Madlax is expensive and seems to have too many events, but you get bang for your buck. I hope they leave the area so that the stable teams here will get as strong as the Md teams.

Thanks for sharing Cabell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this post who wants to get smoked in 80% of your games to wait around to play on a national team 2 times a year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot

Please inform me how this statement makes me a idiot. If its my spelling I can agree. But if you are questioning my opinion about the positive peer pressures that happen on a lacrosse team I do not get how this makes me a idiot?

So it's not true that lacrosse and the lacrosse world make a big deal about grades. And on avg the D1 recruits do not have a higher GPA? So when I read 40 out of the top 50 colleges offer lacrosse I am wrong to assume lacrosse is a big deal with the best academic schools? I know football players get into schools with 2.0 GPAs. Does this happen a lot with lacrosse?

The statement makes you an idiot because you think this only happens in a lacrosse locker room. [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you just proved of much you do not know about Cabell. He would never admit to anything he does as wrong or not the best way to do something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot

I do not see the word "only happens" in lacrosse locker rooms. Idiot
So it's not true that lacrosse and the lacrosse world make a big deal about grades. And on avg the D1 recruits do not have a higher GPA? So when I read 40 out of the top 50 colleges offer lacrosse I am wrong to assume lacrosse is a big deal with the best academic schools? I know football players get into schools with 2.0 GPAs. Does this happen a lot with lacrosse?

The statement makes you an idiot because you think this only happens in a lacrosse locker room.
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does he do it? Insulting parents and kids, all kinds or horrors about charging money to credit cards months after a family exits, the negative recruiting and trashing of other clubs. Yet Madlax has grown in size and team quality over the past 2 years. Are lacrosse parents really this morally bankrupt? Just seems incredible to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's on that page who is no longer a Crab? Even if that's true, all of those guys committed when they were Crabs, so the list is legit.

Goalie and a middie, the middie committed before he ever donned the blue and Yellow, wire it for a year and moved on up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goalie and a middie, the middie committed before he ever donned the blue and Yellow, wire it for a year and moved on up

For which team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For which team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot

I do not see the word "only happens" in lacrosse locker rooms. Idiot

[/quote]

I assumed when you used the words "as compared to" that you meant it happened in lacrosse, but not football. I don't know how else I should have interpreted that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not Cabell nor a madlax parent...just a dad trying to navigate this precarious club landscape in nova. It's tough here. Madlax is the only decent youth program but god forbid you don't want to do almost $4K a year worth of lax bc until about 8th grade you can be stuck with really crappy options here. 3D is not competitive here. They can't even field a 2020 team. Rec can really suck bc whatever dad is coaching? Guess what....his kid is GONNA play attack or face off whether he can do it or not. Madlax is the only one here that does it well year after year but the downside sucks. Too much $ and too much lacrosse for those who have other kids and want a family life outside of this during the summer. I just wish we had more options here. VLC and BW do great at HS level and are extremely competitive but no youth program. 3D is not competitive. Cavs? Enjoy winning your B level championship over the Lynchburg Lumberjacks every week. Meanwhile just across the river the Md kids have tons of options to choose from. I just wish people would stop chasing these fly by night clubs and yet few strong ones could take hold and offer some real options for AA level nova players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not true!!!!!!!! Who ever is posting this does not know what they are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For which team?

That is not true!!!!!!!! Who ever is posting this does not know what they are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For which team?

I think I do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For which team?

Well since I definitely know you are not the kids parents please stick to posting about

I think I do

No you don't!!!!!! Since I definitely 100% know that you are not the kids parent (because that would be me) please post about your own kid and stop spreading lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am guessing I am the Blow Hard you are talking about. And I am also guessing that 100s of people will read these last couple of post and be informed about the cost of all the NOVA clubs. So with this information a parent thinking about starting this crazy club/travel thing now has some information to start with. I asked nicely for people to post the cost but it took me calling people names to get them to do the math and write it all down. But can we all agree that Madlax is not overpriced to the extent as the bitter dads on the sidelines like to say. And the crazy thing is would anyone like to talk about the level of play on the Madlax team compared to the 3D teams. And as we see hear the price is pretty much the same. And we can agree that VLC and Blackwolf play less lacrosse for the money you pay. Witch is fine but you can not say how much cheaper something is unless its the same amount of the thing you are comparing. I can get one Coke for $1.25 and you can get a case of Coke for $4.50. Which one is a better deal.

Here's what you fail to understand. It would be one thing if paying more money for more tournaments had increasing returns. It doesn't. No kid - youth or HS - needs to play in 5-6 mandatory team tournaments. Not for the reps, not for the recruiting exposure. 2-3 tournaments is plenty of exposure, especially because most of these kids are going to individual recruiting events, etc.

If you like paying more for Madlax, great. If you don't mind having your credit card charged every month, great. There are plenty of good Madlax kids and parents. But people have a right to point out that $3500 a year is a lot to charge families to play lacrosse when there are cheaper alternatives that many find comparable or better.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 86 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard