BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the Avenger Dad..lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Ha...that was for Titans Daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't they know the Avengers kids all get free passes this year for Express? Over 25 of those kids didn't have to really "tryout".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if you make a team in these early tryouts clubs are making you pay immediately so you don't continue trying out for other teams ?

Yes, they want you to pay within a week. If you are trying out for clubs that are holding try outs near one another you have an advantage and can make a choice without feeling pressured.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't they know the Avengers kids all get free passes this year for Express? Over 25 of those kids didn't have to really "tryout".

Same as the Wolfpack Kids, same as the Taz kids, same as Outlaw kids, etc

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes sense for Wolfpack and taz but wouldn't the next tier want open tryouts so they can add talent and take the next step

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

let's see if any get cut, and some probably should based on what I saw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same as the Wolfpack Kids, same as the Taz kids, same as Outlaw kids, etc

except they are moving to a new organization AGAIN who is pretending there are spots available. At least this year they need to show up. Looks like Express is collecting more $ than 91 did for their fake tryouts last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

Anytime!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are going to Express tryouts now? I though you were a Titans guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to disappoint you, just a parent hopeful that my 2024 gets a fair shot after what I've read. And it is clear that not all of the kids were at the same level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to disappoint you, just a parent hopeful that my 2024 gets a fair shot after what I've read. And it is clear that not all of the kids were at the same level.

That is true, not all kids are at the same level but with express you have a fair shot to make either of the teams. You did not have that last year with pack and avengers. That's why you got stuck with the Titans

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is true, not all kids are at the same level but with express you have a fair shot to make either of the teams. You did not have that last year with pack and avengers. That's why you got stuck with the Titans

Nope, didn't get stuck. So I am just hopeful you are right so my son doesn't get left out like it seems happened to other people. He is not a D1 player yet (he's only 9) but he deserves a fair assessment. I'm sure you agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, enough about Taz and Wolfpack, lets talk about the other teams. Outlaws, Igloo, Team Long Island, Millon, True Blue... How are these teams and the coaches? First year my son is trying out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is always very good. They have a great staff, probably one of the strongest staffs on the club circuit. Team Long Island is returning most of their staff which was good as well. The Outlaws have the same coaching staff for the one team and new staff coming in for B team whose strong as well. I have a friend who played for them and they are great teachers/coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, enough about Taz and Wolfpack, lets talk about the other teams. Outlaws, Igloo, Team Long Island, Millon, True Blue... How are these teams and the coaches? First year my son is trying out

Try igloo, good team, coach is a hands on teacher. Tryouts are next week. 8 hours of lacrosse over 2 days. For only $100 bucks! Best bargain since tryouts used to be free.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A friend of my son that played on Igloo. The kid and family enjoyed but they felt they kept too large of a team. Playing time was cut down. We played them they were one of the better B teams out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by thavngr98
A friend of my son that played on Igloo. The kid and family enjoyed but they felt they kept too large of a team. Playing time was cut down. We played them they were one of the better B teams out there.

But for Igloo they are the A team and get treated that way. And I don't think they carried a crazy number of kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Treated like an A team meaning nice bags. They struggled last year. Not a bash just a fact. They lost to TLI and you don't hear anybody say TLI has a great coach. Does TLI have better talent or coach? Do your homework on how teams progressed during the year. tli beat avengers and igloo, seems to be something cooking there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by thavngr98

But for Igloo they are the A team and get treated that way. And I don't think they carried a crazy number of kids.

23 is too many

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Treated like an A team meaning nice bags. They struggled last year. Not a bash just a fact. They lost to TLI and you don't hear anybody say TLI has a great coach. Does TLI have better talent or coach? Do your homework on how teams progressed during the year. tli beat avengers and igloo, seems to be something cooking there.

All of the teams you mentioned beat each other. TLI has a 150 lb attackman and the best goalie in the age group. It's not the coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From my knowledge Igloo will be cutting down the number of players as they hit 6th grade and older. The boys get stronger and can last longer in the heat of the summer. So I believe they are making the rosters smaller this year. So that playing time isn't a factor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who is coaching Bluefish 2024?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws had some strong kids, so did Igloo, not sure about Millon, think they had a mixed team last year. Heard TLI had some good kids as well.
A and B, you guys are ridiculous. These kids are 9 years old!!! Most of them are still learning and growing, YES we all know Taz and Wolfpack are great, but the smaller slower kids WILL catch up! Trust me!!!
Lets have these crazy conversations in 4-5 years. Get a hold of yourselves and stop bashing young kids and use this forum for what it is for. You Dads are the same guys SCREAMING on the sidelines at your kids like lunatics dreaming about scholarships...
And no this isn't coming from a Dad whose kid didn't make a Team, he played where he belonged last year, just someone who realizes these kids are 9.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who is coaching Bluefish 2024?

Galasso for 23/24...not sure if that is two teams or one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Levittown Tomahawk Coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the teams you mentioned beat each other. TLI has a 150 lb attackman and the best goalie in the age group. It's not the coaching.
LOL, it's not the coaching, line of the year. So, just take a bunch of talented kids, throw them out there with any coach and they will perform incredibly. The coaches play a HUGE role.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay FAR away from Levittown coaches, nothing but trouble and especially if a hand full of there kids follow there parents are a DISCRACE to the game and have zero respect for other teams and even there own given the way they act..RUN away....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, it's not the coaching, line of the year. So, just take a bunch of talented kids, throw them out there with any coach and they will perform incredibly. The coaches play a HUGE role.

Igloo 2024 has GREAT coaching. They had smaller kids and less of them when I watched them beat TLI in a Championship at St. Paul's to end the year. Coach figured out how to neutralize TLIs offensive advantage, quickly turned the team around from the semi final and beat them in a tight game after being beaten in pool play. I think that demonstrates something. No intent to knock anyone, but it is absolutely clear that high level coaching is what we should all be looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo 2024 has GREAT coaching. They had smaller kids and less of them when I watched them beat TLI in a Championship at St. Paul's to end the year. Coach figured out how to neutralize TLIs offensive advantage, quickly turned the team around from the semi final and beat them in a tight game after being beaten in pool play. I think that demonstrates something. No intent to knock anyone, but it is absolutely clear that high level coaching is what we should all be looking for.

Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay FAR away from Levittown coaches, nothing but trouble and especially if a hand full of there kids follow there parents are a DISCRACE to the game and have zero respect for other teams and even there own given the way they act..RUN away....

I've heard this from a lot of lacrosse parents around the Island. They teach "dirty" lacrosse and have no respect for anything.

Didn't they start an all out fight at one of the last tourneys of the season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, you stop the 12 year old you stop TLI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz is coached by Keenan and Zummo this year. Storm is being coached by Kyle Keenan and had some god talent last year. I think they are going to be alright
Don't know about that. Kuttin taking a back seat? Hard to believe. Great business move but cant see Kuttin going for it.

It's a done deal.
Are they still going to stick with that Zummo and Keenan story? I would want that guarantee in writing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zummo won't be there to much, he coaches the 2020 team and it's a big recruiting year for that age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, you stop the 12 year old you stop TLI

Interesting that you say that. My boy was at their tryout last year to test the waters, but we declined and are not with TLI. But at the open runs we met the parents, very nice people, and they have a very likable kid. I recall they carry around his birth certificate because of people like you. Kid is legit age, but some people accuse the parents of faking the cert. You can't win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had more then a few very very good players on Igloo last year. If they stay they will only get better. Solid program I think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zummo won't be there to much, he coaches the 2020 team and it's a big recruiting year for that age group.

So 8th grade is a big recruiting year now? Big? Really? Maybe for Crush kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 big recruiting year, now I have heard it all. no wonder we all pay so much at such a young age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my 8th grader is more worried about his science and math class than being recruited... good luck buddy I hope you don't pass these expectations on to your son, because you and him are in for a major let down. Oh and my advice is get him in an early SAT prep course, they have them for 8th graders now.

Page 5 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard