BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 70 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know they announced at the tryouts that if you made the team you would be contacted. Not sure if they contacted each player that was not selected. I made it and was called. It was a great year and they handled everything pretty well from my point of view. I will def be trying out for JC team again. He was the best I have seen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The fee's usually are announced at the tryouts. Last year they charged $1350. A pretty good deal. I called one of the directors and this is what he told me...This team will practice in the Fall, play in a Fall tournament, practice indoors and play a winter tournament then get once a week in the spring and 5 tournaments over the Summer. Custom CPR Helmet, Custom Gloves and more are included this year. At this 5th grade level they seem to have a buzz this year..They have someone on staff now to handle all emails and you can reach out to truebluelacrosse@gmail.com

Thank you!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like some good changes are on the way for this team. Going a good amount through the year will make the pretty tough come the Summer tourney grind..I know Cat is the best there is at that age group bar none..should be interesting to see who the suprising this year..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am confused are u saying that two kids that played the year before got moved up at tryouts or two kids got moved up during the spring season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like some good changes are on the way for this team. Going a good amount through the year will make the pretty tough come the Summer tourney grind..I know Cat is the best there is at that age group bar none..should be interesting to see who the suprising this year..

Isn't Joe Spallina the best there is at this age group?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue should be a great team this year. Some highly talented kids that left last year are coming back this year. The college coach who has this team is the driving force behind this and will make it an elite team. He had the 2017 TB team that has a ton of D1 recruits on it. He plans on taking this team to the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the suggestion!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the All Greys link totally missing now from BOTC.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Why is the All Greys link totally missing now from BOTC.

Their website is having issues. They will be up soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. And this True Blue hype is clearly coming from the club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Wrong!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen the T B coach is a highly regarded college coach who happens to have a great track record as a travel team coach also. A lot of people are about to spend a lot of money on a team and really do not know what kind of coach they are getting. JC of True Blue is a proven coach. They are too few of them and nobody compares him to Spallina because obviously he is also a proven coach with the best team by far in this age group. That would be silly. Now look at all the other unproven options out there!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IIRC, True Blue had a 2023/2024 team this past season? Did they have a 2023 only team also?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen the T B coach is a highly regarded college coach who happens to have a great track record as a travel team coach also. A lot of people are about to spend a lot of money on a team and really do not know what kind of coach they are getting. JC of True Blue is a proven coach. They are too few of them and nobody compares him to Spallina because obviously he is also a proven coach with the best team by far in this age group. That would be silly. Now look at all the other unproven options out there!!

JS = Win at all costs
JC = Great youth lacrosse coach that understands there is more to a kids development then lacrosse practice 4 times a week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue guys are pushing hard the last few days.

Like a Snake oil salesman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JS = Win at all costs
JC = Great youth lacrosse coach that understands there is more to a ki
ds development then lacrosse practice 4 times a week

You may not like JS style- but there is no denying that he knows how to develop skills and team work, alongside perseverance and dedication. He may not be for all kids, but he knows what he is doing and there is no shortage of kids lining up for a shot at one of his teams. There can be more than one great coach and there should be, so kids can find their right fit.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
True Blue guys are pushing hard the last few days.

Like a Snake oil salesman

You sound bitter. Wonder why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Wrong!!!

If the coaching is the greatest on the Island, then why does the team's play not reflect that? They must be advertisers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on angry!! now climb back into your BF or HB hole and be on your way now..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on angry!! now climb back into your BF or HB hole and be on your way now..

Not angry at all, but let's be realistic. They are a decent program. And that's fine. I don't understand why people need to pump them up like they're the second coming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the same guy as last year? Give it up guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one said it was the second coming. The Coach took this team late last year because the other coach decided last minute to take over a team he used to coach. Due to indecision a lot of kids left before they knew he was coming on board. The turnout was low but he worked miracles with some of these kids. A lot of kids that left are now coming back. If you saw the talent on this team 2 years ago your head would spin. Hopefully he gets comparable talent this year because then it will be an elite team. No one said that this True Blue coach walks on water but anyone that knows him or played for him will tell you that he is one [lacrosse] of a coach!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is an assistant coach at D2 school how does that make him a highly regarded college coach. You are pumping him up like he's a Duke or Carolina coach, please stop making a mockery out of the youth lacrosse scene. Who are you and what are your credentials to label him as "Highly Regarded" . By who ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
True Blue answered me right away and said that they email everyone back.

They would like your contact information so that they can contact you.

If you want to PM me and give me your contact, I will pass it along.

If not.. this is the email address I used and you should be using.

TBL-Directors truebluelacrosse@gmail.com

That's the email I used 3 times.

I also emailed true-blue to inquire about the 2023 team and no response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Co Head coach. Used to be the assistant when he ncaa assistant coach of the year he got promoted. And yes he is not a d1 coach but I think the guys point is that he is not a parent coach like a lot of programs have. He played D1 but so did a lot of these other coaches but they haven't established themselves as coaches yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I brought my son to a tryout yesterday. There were many talented boys there. I noticed a lot of Igloo helmets there, some Legacy (including their fogo) and express. Looks like there will be some major turnover this season with many good players shopping for a better fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally not true. Half the team left last year even after the coach was named. And most of those who left last year are not coming back this year. Last year was a 3/4 grade team because they didn't have enough kids to make a full grade team. He may be a good coach but what was this teams record last year? Which brackets did they play in? Who did they beat? If your going to pump up the advertising that's ok but be factual. The tryouts will show a lot. Including talent level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any experience with Outlaws Black? I am assuming some of he kids from last year are returning and someone here have seen them play or knows who's coaching that team.

Thanks in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep in mind that kids also attend tryouts as tune ups for other teams. some times parent just want to test the waters. Especially since it was midweek tryout and nothing else going on . Don't read into the numbers even though they will use that to get parents to commit early

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Co Head coach. Used to be the assistant when he ncaa assistant coach of the year he got promoted. And yes he is not a d1 coach but I think the guys point is that he is not a parent coach like a lot of programs have. He played D1 but so did a lot of these other coaches but they haven't established themselves as coaches yet.

Geez you know everything about the guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no. They did not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I brought my son to a tryout yesterday. There were many talented boys there. I noticed a lot of Igloo helmets there, some Legacy (including their fogo) and express. Looks like there will be some major turnover this season with many good players shopping for a better fit.

WhT team was the tryout for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are under the assumption Outlaws "black" is their top team, you should know it is now referred as "select". There were plenty of talented kids there for the 2023 tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are under the assumption Outlaws "black" is their top team, you should know it is now referred as "select". There were plenty of talented kids there for the 2023 tryout.

ohhh stop. The over confidence is killing us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK My kid isn't goo enough for the top Express team or Igloo As a nassau county kid, what would be the next teams in this age group to try out for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Sharks have a good program . 365 lax and Bengals . There are a lot of smaller teams that do well. Find out who is coaching the teams and start there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Sharks have a good program . 365 lax and Bengals . There are a lot of smaller teams that do well. Find out who is coaching the teams and start there

Try Bluefish....new but so far the coaches seem to be very good. And Hofstra is certainly convenient.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's up with all the Igloo kids at Express tryout? Had to be 10 Igloo helmets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon is good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy did not have a fogo last year. You are clueless.

Page 6 of 70 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard