BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 90 1 2 3 4 5 6 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elsewhere.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Long Island express 2020 is getting hold backs this year and crush kids. What does that mean for my son who plays on the same team. It will make our team better but this team has been together for years what will that do to our chemistry. I guess we will see hope it goes well.

That's interesting because all the long island people do is whine about holdbacks

My 6'3" 210 lb 2018 middie is trying out for the 2020 team. He's PG'ing and red shirting. We realize he'll be a little undersized against the 2020 teams from Lax-a-cheats-it, Crabs and Dukes, but we just couldn't justify playing 2021. Those kids only come to his waist. Nothing in the rules against it, so if we say he's 2020, then he's 2020. He's only going to play in the summer. He won't play fall ball because he starts at MLB and TE on the Varsity Football team. When the summer comes we'll only let him play out of state teams. They're all fine with it.

** tumbleweeds **

Did you write material for Bob Hope? Cutting edge work, there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's a little young and small for a certain Md. team!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island express 2020 is getting hold backs this year and crush kids. What does that mean for my son who plays on the same team. It will make our team better but this team has been together for years what will that do to our chemistry. I guess we will see hope it goes well.

That's interesting because all the long island people do is whine about holdbacks

My 6'3" 210 lb 2018 middie is trying out for the 2020 team. He's PG'ing and red shirting. We realize he'll be a little undersized against the 2020 teams from Lax-a-cheats-it, Crabs and Dukes, but we just couldn't justify playing 2021. Those kids only come to his waist. Nothing in the rules against it, so if we say he's 2020, then he's 2020. He's only going to play in the summer. He won't play fall ball because he starts at MLB and TE on the Varsity Football team. When the summer comes we'll only let him play out of state teams. They're all fine with it.

If he was my son, I would put him on 2021 team even if he is a little young for Crabs 2021 team..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the reason August tryouts are not good was experienced by many at tryouts this weekend, mid nineties and 2 hours on a lacrosse field is stupid..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the reason August tryouts are not good was experienced by many at tryouts this weekend, mid nineties and 2 hours on a lacrosse field is stupid..

How is that any different than what they will play in a tournament setting? Many times games are back to back, in 90 plus degree weather and they can sometimes go 3-5 games in a day if they make it to a championship. The kids are trying out for a SUMMER TOURNAMENT team.

My kids and many others have been attending camps, clinics and private sessions in this weather all summer long. Yes, it is hot, but the kids have been playing in it and doing fine. Get the try outs over and done with so parents know what team their kid is on, when and where they will practice, what Fall tournaments are on the horizon and it lets the kids concentrate on school right from the start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Concentrate on school, yeah that's the reason for the 100 degree august tryouts. Good one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason is simple all these greedy organizations want as many kids and make as many teams as possible A B C D E. Please don't kid yourself into believing this is for real. If your kid is not on the A team don't waste your money or your time!!! It's all about the $$$$. They are laughing all the way to the bank!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason is simple all these greedy organizations want as many kids and make as many teams as possible A B C D E. Please don't kid yourself into believing this is for real. If your kid is not on the A team don't waste your money or your time!!! It's all about the $$$$. They are laughing all the way to the bank!!!

Agreed- the move is to keep in line with all the clubs- trying to get the kids first. That said- no one should complain about the weather. The kids played in it all summer long. If you are ever going to do showcases and prospect days- be prepared to play in 90 plus degree weather and 30 degree weather. Coaches do not care if you think it is too hot or cold.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The showing at the tryouts today was awesome and A lot of various different helmets at each tryout

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he was my son, I would put him on 2021 team even if he is a little young for Crabs 2021 team..

And if anyone calls you on it just remember the Crabs' motto..."no rules were broken"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baseball players don't complain about the heat. this sport is way too watered down if you are complaining about heat. my god man I am 47yo and ran 6 miles yesterday, just drink enough water and take a break when you can, then jump in the pool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We need to whine because it's frustrating when you have to play against older kids all the time. Team is going to pick up a few "holdbacks" this year because a number of kids are repeating 8th grade. Sad that this is what it's come to and all because of the MD private schools trying to game the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You for the sounds words of advice Crabbie Daddy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Express Wolverines taking up to 10 new kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Express Wolverines taking up to 10 new kids

Where are the 10 departing kids going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wolverine is team 2 for 2020?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone give me the pecking order of the Express 2020 teams by name - I get confused . What is the A team, 2nd team, 3rd team ?...thanks,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps
wolverines
barracudas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps
wolverines
barracudas

Also known as Teams 1, 2 and 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps
wolverines
barracudas

Also known as Teams 1, 2 and 3.

Or a,b and c

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the tryouts go for all the 2020s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
went great, thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing a lot of movement from Express terps many people not happy with the Dad coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing a lot of movement from Express terps many people not happy with the Dad coaches

Is anyone ever happy with Dad coaches? One of the worst aspects of youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not happy now because reality sets in when you see dad kids getting more playing time when they don't deserve it!!! Just because dad is the coach... It's all fun and games until it effects you...daddy coaches equals a cancer..almost as bad as keeping kids on the team just because they know people. I don't know which is worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why anybody would try out for express terps right now sounds like team is going to implode

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not happy now because reality sets in when you see dad kids getting more playing time when they don't deserve it!!! Just because dad is the coach... It's all fun and games until it effects you...daddy coaches equals a cancer..almost as bad as keeping kids on the team just because they know people. I don't know which is worse.

Hasn't it always been this way? Why would kids be driven away now?

However, I do agree, watching better players take a back seat on any team, not just Terps, is frustrating, but it does happen all over so bound to happen at other teams they go to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why anybody would try out for express terps right now sounds like team is going to implode

Team is getting better, cutting some of the dead wood and picking up some strong kids, core of team staying put from what i hear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dead wood means starting with the middie coach but we all know that is not going to happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say strong players do you mean kids that are in 8 th grade are going to do 8th grade again and play kids that are younger than them HOLDBACKS!! When you are 14 playing against 13 year olds doesn't mean you are getting better. Means you are playing down to get an advantage or your kid is dumb and needs more help in school. CALL IT HOW IS!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!!!!! I guess the terps are going to implode. Those replies are definitely coming from the inside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're a parent on Terps I'd consider you "dead wood" for making such a stupid comment. Every kid on that team can play. They may not all be among the most elite in the nation, but they can all play at a high level. Stop with the mean-spirited put downs of kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop saying the truth. We live in a society of entitlement!!! Everybody gets to play.... Wah wah!! Nobody wants to hear the truth who are you Donald trump!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome losers!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard Terps lost a crazy dad. They are heading to where they started. Funny because they have bad mouthed them for the last 2 years. Let's see how long they last over there. Not sure what JS is thinking. He may want to re-think his decision! Good luck Crush Parents!

Why would JS take him back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard Terps lost a crazy dad. They are heading to where they started. Funny because they have bad mouthed them for the last 2 years. Let's see how long they last over there. Not sure what JS is thinking. He may want to re-think his decision! Good luck Crush Parents!

Why would JS take him back?

No the Jack A.. DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts will be fun across every program as I'm sure all will undergo changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps coaches really should be coaching B team. Because that's where there kids belong it's a joke they are playing on A team and getting more time than other kids. Only one that deserves it is the attackman. Other 2 not so fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS will make sure the kid gets a fair shot. The reason why crush outshines terps is because he is willing to put the best on the field no matter what unlike the terps!!! Can't wait until we smoke you!!!!

Page 4 of 90 1 2 3 4 5 6 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard