BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Re: Complaint Department
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone ready for this years CATTLE CALLS !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

MMMMOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

MMMMOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!

Are you excited to mow your lawn?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Conflicting tryout dates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do the Long Island based Clubs not have their own
Threads while the Maryland Clubs do?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why do the Long Island based Clubs not have their own
Threads while the Maryland Clubs do?

Now.. I have a question for you.. Who are you and who are you affiliated with?

We do not discuss our business with anonymous posters.

If you want to know register and sign in or email me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a long time consumer of your product.
I am sitting on the LIRR right now looking through
Postings My wife has my son at a tryout tonight.
I was looking for feedback from other consumers
Before I commit thousands of dollars to another year
Of travel lacrosse. Back of the Cage was always a
Good source of club specific information. No conspiracy

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am a long time consumer of your product.
I am sitting on the LIRR right now looking through
Postings My wife has my son at a tryout tonight.
I was looking for feedback from other consumers
Before I commit thousands of dollars to another year
Of travel lacrosse. Back of the Cage was always a
Good source of club specific information. No conspiracy

Well, then you have plenty of time to send me an email.

cjowins@optonline.net

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a rumor abounding at this years tryouts that a Chaminade coach is instructing his 2018 players to avoid playing for certain travel teams...I'm guessing any travel team that isn't Express or poses any kinda talent drain to Express. My kid plays for neither, but parents if this is true, what the &$@!, it's time to stop the nonsense and push back ...who makes these decisions, you or the coach...so many are afraid of blowing there kids chances by pissing off the coach...what have we come to...these guys can suck your wallet dry with their travel team associations AND determine your kids future for you...? where is the loyalty, they get to make you break ties with teams who taught your kid to play the game? this sucks and we give them this power by knuckling under...anybody hear this same rumor. What do you feel about it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a rumor abounding at this years tryouts that a Chaminade coach is instructing his 2018 players to avoid playing for certain travel teams...I'm guessing any travel team that isn't Express or poses any kinda talent drain to Express. My kid plays for neither, but parents if this is true, what the &$@!, it's time to stop the nonsense and push back ...who makes these decisions, you or the coach...so many are afraid of blowing there kids chances by pissing off the coach...what have we come to...these guys can suck your wallet dry with their travel team associations AND determine your kids future for you...? where is the loyalty, they get to make you break ties with teams who taught your kid to play the game? this sucks and we give them this power by knuckling under...anybody hear this same rumor. What do you feel about it?

I say good for them. Sorry I may be in the minority. I want to strengthen my son's HS team. I wished my son's HS coach gave direction such as this.

It all comes down to the $$, is it reasonable or not. That is where I get a little nervous. You have a captivated audience, no need to milk them dry.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I say good for them. Sorry I may be in the minority. I want to strengthen my son's HS team. I wished my son's HS coach gave direction such as this.

It all comes down to the $$, is it reasonable or not. That is where I get a little nervous. You have a captivated audience, no need to milk them dry.

Feel sorry for the kids who get forced to play for HS coach and get limited playtime for both HS team and travel. How do you handle that??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see this as a good thing at all. If the coach said we are practicing at the school as a team, okay maybe, but to not play on specific travel teams because the coach supports another or gains profit from one, is not okay. I hope this rumor is false.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's been a rumor floating around that the coach of the Northport girl's lacrosse program directs the girls towards a particular travel program. Are these rumors accurate? Has anyone else heard similar?
Also on the same subject - I've heard buddies of mine down in Maryland say the same thing about the McDonogh girls program and the coach there directing the players towards a particular travel club program. I wonder if all these rumors are true...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey, I'm all for keeping your school team strong...but nobody plays travel during school, maybe they train with travel before, but that is making them better...this is about coaches telling kids AND which programs that can play for and more specifically which they CAN NOT! this seems to be done in order to cut the competitive legs off those programs as they grow into possible contention with Express, No consideration as to parental choice, logistics of other children participation in the programs and it's location. It's about captive players and collecting another 'Check'. Parents should be contacting the Chaminade and asking the administrative staff how they could turn a blind eye to these strong arm tactics by one of their own...but they don't because they too are afraid to 'mess with success'...it's a shame, thought Chaminade stood for more than that...and I know they are not alone, express has it's greedy little fingers into all the top schools coaches...3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not start by getting the story straight before you come on here bashing the Chaminade coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this subject had gotten my Irish up...my son is 2019 entering Chaminade in the fall, he plays for the program that was allegedly singled out...if the coaching staff their thinks they can browbeat parents into accepting these mandates, they are in for a fight...several other fathers that spoke on the subject feel similarly, we will pull our kids in mass. play for our already highly touted HS ( several from same nassau community, you know which one)... I'm told a legally represented letter to CHSAA alerting to this ( they know but want to be on the record) is in the works by one of 2018 dads... another dad is likewise placing calls to a friend at the NYSSWA to get someone do a story (I've heard)...all this needless nonsense that these parents are now going through because a coach sees himself as something more than that...all this before my son even steps foot through the doors,... sad...be careful looking the other way Chaminade, a good few are rethinking the choice of going there. What's more important? Your integrity or your coaches wallet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's been a rumor floating around that the coach of the Northport girl's lacrosse program directs the girls towards a particular travel program. Are these rumors accurate? Has anyone else heard similar?
Also on the same subject - I've heard buddies of mine down in Maryland say the same thing about the McDonogh girls program and the coach there directing the players towards a particular travel club program. I wonder if all these rumors are true...

Your referencing the two best travel programs in the nation, hands down, and the best school program in the nation, hands down. A bigger problem is when HS coaches are involved with crappy clubs, and players are forced to give up good clubs to go play for some half assed money making scheme the coach puts together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL post of the day

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
OK people lets remember there are two side to every story here. Regarding the Chaminade situation if you are not 100% privy to the actual details why post here without all the facts. If you are involved and know the details post them

This is what I know and please correct me if I am wrong. There is an underlying issue between the Chaminade coach and a particular travel team and it has nothing to do with guiding players to any particular club team. The Chaminade coach was unhappy the way this travel program treated Chaminade players when they had to miss a summer travel event to play in a school event for Chaminade. Remember this is just a handful of player from each team from 9th-11th grade. The handling of the request by the travel program resulted in players being disciplined. This did not sit well with the Chaminade coach. So if a coach tries to protect his players from unfair treatment is an issue with you than you can complain. These are the facts I was made aware of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop whining, do what you want with your kid and make your kid the best player they can be, if they are the best they will play if they are not then they will not - many many players have started for both Chammy and St A's the last few years that did not play express but they were the best so they played, Chaminaide is loaded with 91 players that are and will be starters for the next few years including probably the best mid and D - so just stop it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's a parents responsibility to protect their kids outside of the game, not the coach's...when a coach says" I better not hear of anybody playing for $&@" he has overstepped his bounds, set himself up to supersede parents wishes... and I know the whole story, so didn't need the recap...All I'm saying is we pay a pretty hefty tuition to these schools, they in turn pay the coach to do just that, coach. Not legislate who the players can play for,regardless of his personal feeling on the subject. We'll protect our kids, Coach's coach the team...it's the outside interests that muddle the picture and make being objective impossible. Parents who didn't agree with the travel teams handling of the situation can take it up with them or switch teams, no need to have that parental control ripped away. And, your delusional if you think best players always end up on top, we need not have that conversation. For the record, I didn't agree with the severity oftravel teams decision, but I respect the people involved. They had EVERY players interests in mind, not just the few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and as for the whole story...not interested in putting people out there who were deceptive as to where they were going to be, thus missing a team commitment, leaving the team short handed...vague for a reason because these are class people and absolutely great kids...we have all done it...called in sick to go golfing, etc...when busted, disapline warranted, disapline meet...severity was the only question for me...but, I have no problem with the travel teams staff feeling that the teams were let down and the teammates as well... the caliber of the players involved was undeniable and Chaminade is blessed to have them...the coach looks like a Saint for sticking up for his players...never mind it served his interests to deny the other teams...and now he is the hero...stop it...Coaches who stop over this line need to be reigned back in...or is looking the other way when players break commitments as long as they are not yoursthe lessons YOU want taught by your coach...enough said on this subject, raise your kids as you see fit, Good luck to all

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
it's a parents responsibility to protect their kids outside of the game, not the coach's...when a coach says" I better not hear of anybody playing for $&@" he has overstepped his bounds, set himself up to supersede parents wishes... and I know the whole story, so didn't need the recap...All I'm saying is we pay a pretty hefty tuition to these schools, they in turn pay the coach to do just that, coach. Not legislate who the players can play for,regardless of his personal feeling on the subject. We'll protect our kids, Coach's coach the team...it's the outside interests that muddle the picture and make being objective impossible. Parents who didn't agree with the travel teams handling of the situation can take it up with them or switch teams, no need to have that parental control ripped away. And, your delusional if you think best players always end up on top, we need not have that conversation. For the record, I didn't agree with the severity oftravel teams decision, but I respect the people involved. They had EVERY players interests in mind, not just the few.

Players were disciplined for their HS coaches decision to have them play in a tournament. Overall I believe a players commitment is to their High School. So why discipline the kids? I don't think anyone was deceptive about where they were going to play on that particular weekend. So I think that's a bit misleading. The fact that kids were disciplined because their coach from Chaminade required them to play for him is what twisted the Chaminade Coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Twisted" covers it...Coach is at fault for 'REQUIRING' these young men to break a commitment entered into with travel teammates and coaches...that's why I didn't necessarily agree with disapline, who is going to go against their HS coach in that circumstance, especially with that team...Don't fault the boys or parents for stepping into line even though it was costly both financially to the parents and competitively for the teams...should not of been put in that position...this is where we are at, these coaches control our kids futures and dictate the terms of they're staying in good graces, we gave them that power, we should take it back....had the circumstances been reversed and the players opted to last minute cancel on their HS team leaving them undermanned in a key tournament, I would bet the house the HS coach would have met out some serious type of disapline...yet the travel team is painted as the bad guys for doing the same...just a little hypocritical...Then to ORDER them to cut ties with an organization they have been happily associated with since they learned to play the game because disaplines were handed out, that's where the line is crossed and affiliationsKDk5FP with other organizations are brought into question...what's the true motivation? that question wouldn't be asked if these outside interests didn't exist...nobody says your not entitled to make a buck in the off season, but every bodies integrity is tested when these situation arise...again, sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you parents are sending your kids to Chaminade just for lacrosse , that's just sad. Travel lacrosse parents have blinders on and make most decisions including picking a college based on lacrosse offers and playing time. IF your kid quit the game tomorrow, would they be in the right school or college?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you parents are sending your kids to Chaminade just for lacrosse , that's just sad. Travel lacrosse parents have blinders on and make most decisions including picking a college based on lacrosse offers and playing time. IF your kid quit the game tomorrow, would they be in the right school or college?

Athletics and other extra curricular activities are all part of the experience and shouldn't be discounted. You want a well round kid when HS is over. Academics are most important , but can't say disregard everything else when making decisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These benches are very deep and at St.Ant's the benches were used poorly.Unfortunately for thos just entering into each school,if you don't like it,they can and will tell you to go back to where you came.
Best of Luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These benches are very deep and at St.Ant's the benches were used poorly.Unfortunately for thos just entering into each school,if you don't like it,they can and will tell you to go back to where you came.
Best of Luck!

As I like to think I am not new to this, each year brings its own bit of challenges (not limited or different to any other years challenges).

regarding the catholic schools affiliations and some of the issues. I would like my son to either be a flyer or Friar and in this time of year we are narrowing which club to continue with or consider.

Understanding their benches are deep what gets my son (who works his tail off) on the short side of the bench. What clubs are seen as friendly with them (outside of Express). What club was recently put on their S/list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know commited kids from both that are looking to leave the schools and play last few years in public . Not happy with the old school style of coaching and apparently more people echoing the sentiments that they were saying don't worry about my jr high school boy playing express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know commited kids from both that are looking to leave the schools and play last few years in public . Not happy with the old school style of coaching and apparently more people echoing the sentiments that they were saying don't worry about my jr high school boy playing express

Don't let the door hit them on the way out! JM and his "old school" coaching has worked out pretty well over 30+ years at Chaminade. Oh, but you're right Mommy and Daddy probably have more credibility and wisdom to bestow when it comes to coaching HS lacrosse. Goodbye and good luck to any kid who doesn't think he is getting top quality coaching and, more importantly, a top quality education at Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't let the door hit them on the way out! JM and his "old school" coaching has worked out pretty well over 30+ years at Chaminade. Oh, but you're right Mommy and Daddy probably have more credibility and wisdom to bestow when it comes to coaching HS lacrosse. Goodbye and good luck to any kid who doesn't think he is getting top quality coaching and, more importantly, a top quality education at Chaminade.

It's about the education not lacrosse. Everyone living through their kids needs a reality check. Lacrosse means nothing now and even less in a few years. Enjoy your kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's all very true. Hall of Fame coach!! Probably not a more decorated coach, school or lacrosse program!

The part you left out with all of the HS coaches being involved with clubs is the conflict of interest, money making and politics that did not exist 30 years ago!! It's all unfortunate but true. There were no clubs 30 years ago. Was much better for kids and coaches were focused on teaching and coaching, not making money!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I think your saying that some couldn't hack it academically others couldn't handle the structure, and others who just couldn't hack it on the lacrosse field, its that plain and simple. If your going to a school for just lacrosse which is scary especially at this age and you are not getting playing time you leave. The teams are that good and yes you will see a committed kid leave because he isn't getting playing time. Happens all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is crazy. I was a Head coach (not express) and had 7 Chaminade players on my team. I knew before the season started about this tourney they were asked "ASKED" not required to play in so I did not schedule anything that weekend. Sure the kids felt obligated because they wanted to play for their HS coach what kid wouldn't want to. It was open to all 9-11 graders. Plenty to choose from to field a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Top Lacrosse Tournaments a Legacy vehicle as part of their plan to take over the lax world? Similar Web Site, Same Venue in East Islip.....Will this be just another version of the "other guys"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Top Lacrosse Tournaments a Legacy vehicle as part of their plan to take over the lax world? Similar Web Site, Same Venue in East Islip.....Will this be just another version of the "other guys"?

Of course it it. They are following the identical business model: heavy marketing, swallow smaller competitive teams, run your own tourneys and charge your players a double dip. They're just about 3-4 years behind the other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most likely looking for an alternative for other organizations that have been screwed over by My Lacrosse scheduling or no refund cancellations .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If parents and players knew about this HS tourney BEFORE travel season began then no one would have obligated to play with their travel team. My understanding is it was not known about till commitments were already entered into and set. That's what lead to this mess...fact is, recognizing that it was more last minute than not, each had to make a choice...again, can't blame the travel team for disaplining those who opted out last minute, just cooler heads should have prevailed across the board. Hopefully there will be a meeting of the minds and sort it out more amiably... The nonsense needs to end, travel teams serve a vital role in developement and recruitment, probably have surpassed the HS team for shear exposure. ( not that team, but in general )HS coaches trying recapture that importance before they become irrelevant in the process... Most blue chip players are commited before they hit varsity, so varsity coaches ARE becoming a little irrelevant to the particular endevour...parents need to be the custodians of that process, not the coach regardless of 30 years in the game. They may know more about it but doesn't make them infalable or uncorruptable. Arrogant to think you know what's better for my kid than I do, even if true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend told me about this site and it really is like driving by a car wreck. You just can’t help but keep looking. And here I am now writing something just so I feel heard. There are people here (and they all sound like parents) bitching and sniping about youth lacrosse. Really kind of pathetic that people feel the need to complain about how unfair the system is for a 2024 team. That’s 4th grade right? Man, that’s rough when you are convinced that your 4th grader’s future is determined by what summer team he plays on and even sadder if, as a parent, you believe they have failed if they don’t make the AA team in a particular program.

Here's a fact. Lacrosse has changed dramatically and so much of the fun has been sucked out of it. Your kids don’t just go out and play anymore for the sake of playing. They go out and pound the wall at your behest to get better for the next tryout so they can make the next team because you, the parents, have convinced yourselves that lacrosse equals success. That is success not only for your child but in some warped way you view it as success for yourself, that it somehow elevates your status in the community and reflects your achievements. Guess what? It doesn’t. If you went to a crap college or no college and feel like you didn’t reach your full potential the fact that your son is the leading goal scorer for the 2022 Black team isn’t going to change that one bit. And if you were a HS All-American that played at Virginia, got a great wall street job and make lots of money? Good for you, congrats. The fact that your son is on the 2018 B team and doesn’t have shot at playing in college doesn’t make him a failure because he didn’t walk in your shoes. It just makes you a [lacrosse] for holding him to that standard.

Here’s what is true:

1. There is no pot of scholarship gold at the end of the rainbow. We’ve all heard it but no one wants to believe it. Everyone hangs on to the belief that it may be different for their kid. If you were too busy spending money on summer teams and clinics hoping to develop that next superstar and didn’t save a dime for college that just makes you stupid. Welcome to Nassau CC.

2. Unless your kid is a really really good student in addition to being a stud athlete, they are not getting into Princeton. Could your star athlete really not get into Mount St. Mary’s without lacrosse? That’s really not a very high bar to get over. Here’s a novel idea, spend just half as much time riding them to do well in school as you do working on their weak hand and you may be surprised about the opportunities that open up without a lacrosse stick.

3. Playing lacrosse in college is cool but be careful what you ask for. I’ve lost count of the college players that graduate and are completely incapable of surviving in the real world as their peers go out and get real jobs. All those hours of hard work playing on a team sounds like a great platform for future success, right? Wrong. You missed out on all of the other activities that help you form and develop life skills. A ridiculous number of players are years out of college scraping by coaching clinics, camps and, no surprise, summer teams.

4. These summer teams are businesses. And just like your workplace politics are involved. It may be true that Johnny didn’t make the team because a weaker player’s cousin plays for Duke and the coaches want that kid just to say “his older cousin plays for Duke” and for some bizarre reason hope that the kid gets better because it’s in his genes. Welcome to real life. It’s not going to define your son whether he’s 9 or 18.

5. If you are that good of a player. You will be found.

I’m sure I’m opening myself up to comments like, “his kid must suck” and things of that nature so I will tell you that my kid is slightly above average, plays on an average team and loves to play despite the pressures of the current environment. But he does recognize the pressure and despite his mental toughness sometimes resents the atmosphere for what is only a game. Early signs of burn out. He’s only 12.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most likely looking for an alternative for other organizations that have been screwed over by My Lacrosse scheduling or no refund cancellations .

Or they weren't happy with their cut from when MLT ran things for them.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard