BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Girls 2019-9th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll kick off the 2019 thread with a question.

Does anyone find it CRAZY that our daughters who have not started high school are being recruited for college?

Mine is likely not in the first wave of recruiting that has already started, but my guess is she will be getting offers next summer given what has happened with some her 2018 friends of similar ability.

With the early recruiting happening earlier and earlier, there is already a lot of pressure on girls and their families in the 2019 class. At our club there are already some with "offers" and we are being told that we need to be proactive now with our daughter.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it and think we are doing our daughters a disservice by allowing this process to get out of hand. We are going to try to wait as long as possible and also try to take as much pressure off of her as possible, but it's hard. What was supposed to be a sport played for the love of the game, feels like it is becoming a job at way too young an age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let your daughter set the pace - talk to her about colleges and in general schools that she realistically wants to go to and play for. Let her take ownership of as much of the process as possible - don't try to shelter her from it. Let her embrace it on her own - don't force it on her. Remember - they cannot contact you - if you are not interested in the recruiting thing just let it happen and don't do anything. You are still in control - people keep forgetting that. Don't let what you hear from the outside world about so and so getting a full ride to Syracuse, Northwestern or to whatever influence your actions. My daughter is not in that top tier of players either - but, she is all set and is locked and loaded to take this on when it comes. "Prepare your child for the road, not the road for your child."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. What club?

Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know which teams will be going to the Chesapeake Invitational in November?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several ages from Integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Integrity? Odd name for a travel lax program? Director must have a lot to live up to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have fun with it go to the schools and check them out. Make fun weekends out of it. Enjoy the ride

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
have fun with it go to the schools and check them out. Make fun weekends out of it. Enjoy the ride

I know that I will probably get slammed for this - but, yes, FUN. It's almost too easy to lose sight of that with this totally hypercompetitive "college scholarship" thing on most peoples' minds. I feel truly blessed that my daughter totally loves it and has fun every time she picks up her lacrosse stick. I cherish those times more and more now when she asks me to throw the ball around with her. I have flashbacks of the little tiny thing years ago - spending more time doing ground balls then catching. Now - I need to pay attention or she'll take my head off. Yes, make it fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Integrity? Odd name for a travel lax program? Director must have a lot to live up to.

The director has a resume' a mile long, from high school, summer club to Naval Academy club coach to NCAA coach at division 1 and 2. Integrity is a club team based in Anne Arundel county Maryland, near Annapolis. They're really good, and well known down here. Their 2019 teams and their 2020 team are VERY good. 202's lost one game all summer, in all A brackets (if there is such a thing at the 2020 level).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He or she is correct. They are the 4th or 5th best team in md. Good program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The director has a resume' a mile long, from high school, summer club to Naval Academy club coach to NCAA coach at division 1 and 2. Integrity is a club team based in Anne Arundel county Maryland, near Annapolis. They're really good, and well known down here. Their 2019 teams and their 2020 team are VERY good. 202's lost one game all summer, in all A brackets (if there is such a thing at the 2020 level).

Yeah but they are one of the clubs whose drop off from their A team to B team is dramatic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did 2020 lose to this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would only have been funnier and ironic if a club like Elevate named their club Integrity. Elevate my ego, elevate my wallet.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would only have been funnier and ironic if a club like Elevate named their club Integrity. Elevate my ego, elevate my wallet.....

People are catching on to how Elevate is run and operated. I saw and spoke with many people that are fed up, mostly with the lack of ethics and respect Elevate displays towards their own families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better question - who did their 2020 team play last summer? Or where did they play last summer? I did not see them at Rock The Fields, Lax For The Cure, or G8. Besides - I thought this was the 2019 forum - how did their 2019 team do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, haven't seen them in the top brackets yet and we play almost all the major tourneys.

Better question - who did their 2020 team play last summer? Or where did they play last summer? I did not see them at Rock The Fields, Lax For The Cure, or G8. Besides - I thought this was the 2019 forum - how did their 2019 team do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your opinion of New Jersey girls' lacrosse, 2019?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had an AWESOME experience with Elevate for the past 3 years. I have no complaints. My daughter has fun every time she steps on the field and she learns a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, haven't seen them in the top brackets yet and we play almost all the major tourneys.

The 2019's and 2020's are VERY good teams. My daughter is a 2016 so I'm not intimately familiar with these two teams. But, at a couple of tournaments, I did sit and watch them play a few games and came away VERY impressed. The 2019's a BIG group, tall and fast. The 2020's are skilled for such a young group. They've played and beaten Top Guns Black, SJS Pink, Heros, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is elevate no longer playing at cash??????????????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New Board of Education rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah I just saw that elevate posted tryouts on here and not at cold spring. In addition to the failed CSH relationship, they are no longer welcome at the HUB I just found out. I think they will end up practicing in an abandoned parking lot at this point. Karma!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had an AWESOME experience with Elevate for the past 3 years. I have no complaints. My daughter has fun every time she steps on the field and she learns a lot.

Thanks DK I am happy to hear your daughter had a great summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah I just saw that elevate posted tryouts on here and not at cold spring. In addition to the failed CSH relationship, they are no longer welcome at the HUB I just found out. I think they will end up practicing in an abandoned parking lot at this point. Karma!

Absolutely untrue!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely untrue!

Tryouts are at cold spring?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry we don't allow for these type of attacks.

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2019's and 2020's are VERY good teams. My daughter is a 2016 so I'm not intimately familiar with these two teams. But, at a couple of tournaments, I did sit and watch them play a few games and came away VERY impressed. The 2019's a BIG group, tall and fast. The 2020's are skilled for such a young group. They've played and beaten Top Guns Black, SJS Pink, Heros, etc.

Integrity 2020 was 7-3-2 in the spring in MD. Getting crushed twice by M&D. Not sure what tournaments they played in this summer, but it certainly wasn't any that the other top clubs were at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anybody know how much the Elevate pre-tryout camp costs next week? The website doesn't say (or at least I couldn't find it) until you set up an account with all your info. Thanks

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Anybody know how much the Elevate pre-tryout camp costs next week? The website doesn't say (or at least I couldn't find it) until you set up an account with all your info. Thanks

I will contact them for you.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Contact Dave dk@teamelevatelax.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$240 for 2 days or $150 for single day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Thanks.

but you get a pinnie that you can keep forever!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 topic, didn't see any threads. What should we expect from a travel club regarding 2019 Girls. I'm pretty tuned into the boys side but my daughters team is a very good team from PA and it doesn't seem that her club is doing anything regarding exposure and college guidance. Does it just start later for girls? What are the best showcase events. Team or individual?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 topic, didn't see any threads. What should we expect from a travel club regarding 2019 Girls. I'm pretty tuned into the boys side but my daughters team is a very good team from PA and it doesn't seem that her club is doing anything regarding exposure and college guidance. Does it just start later for girls? What are the best showcase events. Team or individual?

Please don't count on your club to be the best advocate for your kid! Put a list of schools together that she might be interested in and do 1-2 camps with them ,find out what tournaments they will be at in the summer and see if your club will be at any of them. You need to be very proactive for your daughter, clubs are not all that interested in your kid after the check clears, unless they're top of the line blue chip player that they can use to advertise on the website as an early recruit to a top 10 program. there's lots of information on this site and others regarding the recruitting process - good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 a very quiet thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 a very quiet thread.

Maybe that's a sign that this particular class, for whatever reason, has more sane parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't let that fool you, plenty of crazy here...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with 2019? Many TG and YJ and [****] girls at Liberty tryouts last weekend. Will the top girls jump ship? Why?

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard