BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your right. We shall see. The talent and skills those boys have will not disappear with a coach change.

Wow thank goodness my kids doesn't play on the HB with this parent. Amazing that you bash the efforts of a guy who just spent the
Last few years developing those kids into a very good team. I always hear that you practice 3/4 days a week and all winter long yet you still show no respect.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM was and is a great coach. He is tough, demanding, and fun, and constantly, constantly trying to make the kids better. AJ was and is a great coach. He is tough, demanding, and fun, and constantly, constantly trying to make the kids better. I have no doubt that both BM and AJ, both talented coaches, will further develop their teams and have successful seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First tryouts in the books for 2023 outlaws. 60 % of last years team was not there. I guess some not returning and vacations. Very hot on the field and the kids played very tired. Not enough breaks so evaluations can be to accurate. Speaking of evaluators, somemof them looked like high school kids, which another parent said was his son and friends. Most evaluators were not paying attention half the time, they were done by the scrimmage. Tryout ended early because hey ran out of drills I guess. They told the boys that 60- 70 kids signed up, maybe there were thirty five there today. Emails to come on Monday and they are having two teams. Not a good representation of play today in an 1 hour 10 minute tryout. Tough if you had a bad day or heat got to you. On to the next tryout.

Yeah, they take anybody who tries out. If you currently play for a town PAL team, come on down and try out. Your kid will get on their "A" team and get some more playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be a bunch of open spots on this team with the head coach leaving, I assume 4-5 players leave with him and 4-5 leave b/c he is leaving. Should be interesting to have that many open spots on a top team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In regards to the 2023 Outlaws, I felt there were many talented kids in attendance. Sure anyone could make up an excuse of why their child did not play up to their potential, but it was 90 degrees for everyone. My gripe was receiving an email stating my son was invited to play for the "black" team only to receive a follow up email 2 hours later stating the black team was the B team and the A team is now called "select". If my memory serves me correct, the A team for outlaws was named "black". I told my son before tryouts that he could play only if he made the A team. It is my philosophy that there are no "b teams" in life, so if you settle for less than the best, you are selling yourself short. It sucked to break the news to him, but hopefully he will strive to improve for the next team's tryout.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very confused. Emails are already out and still another weekend of tryouts???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After 1st try out some kids are taken - then after next try out more - same way they have always done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right. We shall see. The talent and skills those boys have will not disappear with a coach change.

I'm a HB parent and the talent and skills are there because of the countless hours that man put in since the beggining. Something tells me if your a parent who thinks otherwise; you're both very ungreatful and probably a kid who wasn't going to make the team this year.

Interesting statements. But if you knew more you'd be able to explain why not a single HB player agreed to go with BM when he was let go. The lies and deceit finally caught up with him. He made many calls to parents and had a parent meeting yet not a single one is following to his new club. That speaks VOLUMES.

So explain that one since you seem to know everything. Clearly there is something very wrong there because many of these families were with that team for multiple years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would anyone know who is going to stay and who is leaving until tryouts are over? People have free will and I am sure a couple will leave with or without coaching problems. AJ is a great player but as a coach TBD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In regards to the 2023 Outlaws, I felt there were many talented kids in attendance. Sure anyone could make up an excuse of why their child did not play up to their potential, but it was 90 degrees for everyone. My gripe was receiving an email stating my son was invited to play for the "black" team only to receive a follow up email 2 hours later stating the black team was the B team and the A team is now called "select". If my memory serves me correct, the A team for outlaws was named "black". I told my son before tryouts that he could play only if he made the A team. It is my philosophy that there are no "b teams" in life, so if you settle for less than the best, you are selling yourself short. It sucked to break the news to him, but hopefully he will strive to improve for the next team's tryout.

1/
You my man are a tool and are doing your son a tremendous disservice. There are plenty of fine coaches who coach the second team in some organizations and one of these coaches may connect with your son. It's not how the race starts but how it finishes and regardless of the impetuousness of college coaches recruiting middle schoolers 5th grade is still young to poison your sons brain. As long as your boy stays passionate and continues to understand the game the right way everything works itself out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In regards to the 2023 Outlaws, I felt there were many talented kids in attendance. Sure anyone could make up an excuse of why their child did not play up to their potential, but it was 90 degrees for everyone. My gripe was receiving an email stating my son was invited to play for the "black" team only to receive a follow up email 2 hours later stating the black team was the B team and the A team is now called "select". If my memory serves me correct, the A team for outlaws was named "black". I told my son before tryouts that he could play only if he made the A team. It is my philosophy that there are no "b teams" in life, so if you settle for less than the best, you are selling yourself short. It sucked to break the news to him, but hopefully he will strive to improve for the next team's tryout. [/quote
1/
You my man are a tool and are doing your son a tremendous disservice. There are plenty of fine coaches who coach the second team in some organizations and one of these coaches may connect with your son. It's not how the race starts but how it finishes and regardless of the impetuousness of college coaches recruiting middle schoolers 5th grade is still young to poison your sons brain. As long as your boy stays passionate and continues to understand the game the right way everything works itself out.

Why is he a tool. Because he is teaching his son to always strive for excellence. Their are many teams out there and doesn't want his son to settle for the first team he made on the first weekend of a month and a half tryout season. Nobody even knows who the coach is for the outlaw black team yet. Not posted anywhere nor was it addressed at the tryout. There are more questions than answers. The coach will have a big impact on how passionate the boy stays and if he continues to understand the game as you put it. Most B teams don't get that quality of a coach and it's usually some college kid trying to make extra money over the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In regards to the 2023 Outlaws, I felt there were many talented kids in attendance. Sure anyone could make up an excuse of why their child did not play up to their potential, but it was 90 degrees for everyone. My gripe was receiving an email stating my son was invited to play for the "black" team only to receive a follow up email 2 hours later stating the black team was the B team and the A team is now called "select". If my memory serves me correct, the A team for outlaws was named "black". I told my son before tryouts that he could play only if he made the A team. It is my philosophy that there are no "b teams" in life, so if you settle for less than the best, you are selling yourself short. It sucked to break the news to him, but hopefully he will strive to improve for the next team's tryout. [/quote
1/

Why is he a tool. Because he is teaching his son to always strive for excellence. Their are many teams out there and doesn't want his son to settle for the first team he made on the first weekend of a month and a half tryout season. Nobody even knows who the coach is for the outlaw black team yet. Not posted anywhere nor was it addressed at the tryout. There are more questions than answers. The coach will have a big impact on how passionate the boy stays and if he continues to understand the game as you put it. Most B teams don't get that quality of a coach and it's usually some college kid trying to make extra money over the summer.

I don't think there is anything wrong waiting to try out for other teams to hold their try outs and strive for an A team. Many parents sacrifice for their kid to play travel sports and if they only make a B team they might prefer to put the money into clinics and camps instead. B teams can be great and they can be terrible. If the coach is good, committed, fair and motivating, that is great. However, the kids on the team have to be all in too. Sometimes you'll find the families aren't as committed and kids don't show for practices or games because they play for more than one team, other sports or it's just not the team they want and the motivation is lacking. I've seen it both ways. A teams usually don't struggle with this and I think it is wise for the dad to encourage his son to wait it out, work hard and strive for the best. That said, I don't think anyone should put down a B team at any level just because they are a B team. Not every kid is an A player and there should be teams for all kids to play. The key is to find one that is a good fit and kids and coaches are committed. They are out there and can be worth the time and money .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because it's not about A/B it's about getting better. Because it's not about the parent who never accomplished anything athletically it's about your child growing at his own pace. I have seen many 5th grade A players fail miserably at the MS and HS levels and 5th grade B players bypass their A team club mates toward D1 commitments. Bottom line seek the best experience for your son and forget labeling A/B teams, your son should be saying his team, my team or our team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because it's not about A/B it's about getting better. Because it's not about the parent who never accomplished anything athletically it's about your child growing at his own pace. I have seen many 5th grade A players fail miserably at the MS and HS levels and 5th grade B players bypass their A team club mates toward D1 commitments. Bottom line seek the best experience for your son and forget labeling A/B teams, your son should be saying his team, my team or our team.

AMEN!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes sense too. Sit, don't play for another year because you didn't make the "a" team. That will help him improve to make it next year. We'll just play catch in the backyard because we already know daddy is an "a" player so that's allowed.

How about "son would you like to play, have fun, and work on getting better"? Your quest for you son to be awesome like you is only going to hold him back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN!!!!

Agreed. Unfortunately most B teams don't get a good or dedicated coach. The directors usually don't even give them the time of day. Read the post here, outlaws had tryouts this weekend and sent emails out telling you have a week to register or lose your spot. nobody has any idea who is coaching their black team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN!!!!

Agreed. Unfortunately most B teams don't get a good or dedicated coach. The directors usually don't even give them the time of day. Read the post here, outlaws had tryouts this weekend and sent emails out telling you have a week to register or lose your spot. nobody has any idea who is coaching their black team.

Classic bate and switch. It happens every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling me a tool because I am teaching my son not to settle for less? I am very skeptical of "B" teams. I sincerely believe most "B" programs are more of a "your kid didn't make the team but we'll gladly take your $2400" than a program dedicated to improving the kids that didn't make the cut. I am sure there are exceptions so don't get all butt-hurt if your son's B team is nurturing him to your satisfaction.

"That makes sense too. Sit, don't play for another year because you didn't make the "a" team. That will help him improve to make it next year. We'll just play catch in the backyard because we already know daddy is an "a" player so that's allowed."

If you are referring to me, you are making a giant assumption. My son plays other sports during the year as well as PAL and summer lax. I don't feel a $2000 plus fee to be on a substandard team is worth it. There are other avenues to have fun playing lacrosse without having to pay an arm and a leg. He will get plenty of minutes playing with kids his age and older, so I am not concerned with him skipping club ball.

Anyway, my son is trying out for other teams.
Club lacrosse is a hustle. If you feel you are getting your money's worth with your kid playing on a "B" team, then do so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling me a tool because I am teaching my son not to settle for less? I am very skeptical of "B" teams. I sincerely believe most "B" programs are more of a "your kid didn't make the team but we'll gladly take your $2400" than a program dedicated to improving the kids that didn't make the cut. I am sure there are exceptions so don't get all butt-hurt if your son's B team is nurturing him to your satisfaction.

"That makes sense too. Sit, don't play for another year because you didn't make the "a" team. That will help him improve to make it next year. We'll just play catch in the backyard because we already know daddy is an "a" player so that's allowed."

If you are referring to me, you are making a giant assumption. My son plays other sports during the year as well as PAL and summer lax. I don't feel a $2000 plus fee to be on a substandard team is worth it. There are other avenues to have fun playing lacrosse without having to pay an arm and a leg. He will get plenty of minutes playing with kids his age and older, so I am not concerned with him skipping club ball.

Club lacrosse is a hustle. If you feel you are getting your money's worth with your kid playing on a "B" team, then do so.

I would have to agree that staying away from b teams is usually a good idea. Unless you absolutely love and know the coach and other players. Otherwise it is just frustrating and expensive. I learned my lesson and would never do it again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The hard part of figuring out if your better on a clubs B team vs another clubs A team. Is being on Outlaws, express, b team better than Millon and Sharks A team.

I would have to agree that staying away from b teams is usually a good idea. Unless you absolutely love and know the coach and other players. Otherwise it is just frustrating and expensive. I learned my lesson and would never do it again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The hard part of figuring out if your better on a clubs B team vs another clubs A team. Is being on Outlaws, express, b team better than Millon and Sharks A team.

There is only one club with a competitive B team. If you're looking to play in meaningful competive games on a B team then you need to try out for that one. If you're looking for a team that will allow your son a chance to grow and develop as a play, then there are plenty of options. Do your homework first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather the lesser club's A team as I would imagine more effort would be made to train and coach that team. At the end of the day, I guess it all boils down to the organization and the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather the lesser club's A team as I would imagine more effort would be made to train and coach that team. At the end of the day, I guess it all boils down to the organization and the coach.

Good choice. And any kid on this competitive b team who is a decent player will eventually be moving on. And I don't mean to that clubs a team because that rarely happens!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good choice. And any kid on this competitive b team who is a decent player will eventually be moving on. And I don't mean to that clubs a team because that rarely happens!

It's a very solid club. As far as kids moving up to the A team, not true at all. Two kids got moved up since the fall. Probably one more this tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a very solid club. As far as kids moving up to the A team, not true at all. Two kids got moved up since the fall. Probably one more this tryout.

If all these kids are moving up, what happened to the kids they are replacing? Why are they leaving the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If all these kids are moving up, what happened to the kids they are replacing? Why are they leaving the team?

What team are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get your points on the b teams not being an option for you. We haven't had any experiences good or bad with travel clubs. My son is on his town team. He's having a good time there and learning the game in a "non-hysterical" atmosphere. I thought you were looking at it as I'm too good for a b team mentality when you really don't want to give them a lot of $ for a less than advertised product. I apologize.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi! New here and could use some advice from the seasoned parents. My son (2023) plays for our town "club" team. A large portion of our team also play for other club teams. Any recommendations for a good team, preferably not fathers coaching. We have that now and it can sometimes be a little self serving. I was considering, legacy, outlaws or force. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I would hate to make an expensive mistake or turn my child off to a sport he loves!! Thanks in advance!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one was replaced. The A team's roster was just strengthened with more depth. There may be an upgrade to a position at tryouts this year, but then again, maybe not. The program has a history of selecting kids from the B team at any time of the year if they think it will help the A team. This weakens the B team, but they view it as a farm system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi! New here and could use some advice from the seasoned parents. My son (2023) plays for our town "club" team. A large portion of our team also play for other club teams. Any recommendations for a good team, preferably not fathers coaching. We have that now and it can sometimes be a little self serving. I was considering, legacy, outlaws or force. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I would hate to make an expensive mistake or turn my child off to a sport he loves!! Thanks in advance!!

365Lax is run by MLL, NLL, and D1 St John's players. Compared to any other club, they have the most amount of practices year round for the tuition. Rates are reasonable. They are based out of Bethpage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st-Didn't Huntington have a select 2023 team in the past?
2nd- I tried the All Greys link from BOTC several times and keep getting a message that the page could not be found. Now what tournaments are the All Greys entering? What is the cost? What do you get in the number of practices, number of tournaments, and gear? Is Travis going to coach this team or just oversee it?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
2nd- I tried the All Greys link from BOTC several times and keep getting a message that the page could not be found. Now what tournaments are the All Greys entering? What is the cost? What do you get in the number of practices, number of tournaments, and gear? Is Travis going to coach this team or just oversee it?

Thank you for letting us know. I will check in to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moderator: Any updates on True Blue? I've tried to email them 3 times and no answer. They do a lot of advertising, but.....no announcement on annual fee, when do they start to practice, how many practices, what's included in the annual fee?
Can you get some answers?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Moderator: Any updates on True Blue? I've tried to email them 3 times and no answer. They do a lot of advertising, but.....no announcement on annual fee, when do they start to practice, how many practices, what's included in the annual fee?

I am looking into this and I will get back to you.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

All Greys is having website issues. I am told that they will be back in full force this evening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is normal for true blue. Last year my son tried out and I never heard anything back from them when I called or emailed. The only thing I ever heard from them was when they send out a mass emailing saying if you have not heard from them you did not make it. Totally unprofessional.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
True Blue answered me right away and said that they email everyone back.

They would like your contact information so that they can contact you.

If you want to PM me and give me your contact, I will pass it along.

If not.. this is the email address I used and you should be using.

TBL-Directors truebluelacrosse@gmail.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

That's the email I used 3 times.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

That's the email I used 3 times.

PM me your email address and I will give it to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fee's usually are announced at the tryouts. Last year they charged $1350. A pretty good deal. I called one of the directors and this is what he told me...This team will practice in the Fall, play in a Fall tournament, practice indoors and play a winter tournament then get once a week in the spring and 5 tournaments over the Summer. Custom CPR Helmet, Custom Gloves and more are included this year. At this 5th grade level they seem to have a buzz this year..They have someone on staff now to handle all emails and you can reach out to truebluelacrosse@gmail.com

Page 5 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard