BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thats interesting. 3rd best team. I never seen an end of the season rankings. Who puts it out? I would like to see it. Is it like the BCS?

My opinion only based on tourney results. Fine if you don't agree but who would you say closest to top two then?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the "A" teams are losing 4-5 players at a minimum. Clubs had the talent but blew it in their chase for first place. Next year will be a whole new ballgame!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your facts DK is gone!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. I know for a fact that at least 10 players from the top A teams ( and good players on those teams) will playing for All Greys this year. Once word gets out, I bet other players will tryout. This team will compete with igloo,Outlaws and express right away.

Never happen. They will get a heavy dose of Huntington and some surrounding areas. Unfortunately for them, the stronger players will continue to gravitate to the stronger clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]A few kids from outlaws,igloo, express,millon and others will be playing for the All Greys this year. Coaching is most important at ANY age. Exposure will follow. This team will be VERY good.

I have heard this as well. Most Huntington kids leaving their teams to play for Greys. The hope is to make a super PAL team and their high school program stronger. [/quote

Thats ok most of the kids if not all didn't get much playing time so they will leave and probably not missed- No big deal - the teams will always loose and add players every year. Good luck to all at tryouts

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thats interesting. 3rd best team. I never seen an end of the season rankings. Who puts it out? I would like to see it. Is it like the BCS?

My opinion only based on tourney results. Fine if you don't agree but who would you say closest to top two then?

[/quote

Guess you don't check ALL results just igloo results - they aren't that good but i will give you getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats interesting. 3rd best team. I never seen an end of the season rankings. Who puts it out? I would like to see it. Is it like the BCS?

I wouldn't put anyone at the number 3 spot. Until Outlaws, Legacy, Igloo, and Express all play each other, there will be the top team (who's name won't be mentioned) and everyone else. Just because they play one good game against a team missing 2 of their 3 top middies doesn't put them above anyone. Who else have they played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't put anyone at the number 3 spot. Until Outlaws, Legacy, Igloo, and Express all play each other, there will be the top team (who's name won't be mentioned) and everyone else. Just because they play one good game against a team missing 2 of their 3 top middies doesn't put them above anyone. Who else have they played?

Express B? LOL! Igloo beat Legacy over 4th of July. Don't think played outlaws. Tied bethesda blue at laxfest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express B? LOL! Igloo beat Legacy over 4th of July. Don't think played outlaws. Tied bethesda blue at laxfest

That's what I'm saying. Not much to brag about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beat Bethesda blue Maryland and lost to Honeybadgers in OT at Maverick. No one was missing in HB!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what I'm saying. Not much to brag about.

keep telling yourself that express B daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those who want to know who is coaching the team and what location practices are in

Long Island Bengals

Massapequa/Bellmore/Merrick

Director and Head Coach 2023 Boys Team

Occupation

Special Education Teacher in Bellmore-Merrick School District (2005 - Present)
Playing Career

Viking Lacrosse Club
Lacrosse Unlimited Lacrosse Club
Suffolk Lacrosse Club
Stony Brook University 1997-2001
Wantagh High School 1997 (All-County)
Coaching

Bellmore JFK High School Head Coach (2014-Present)
Plainedge High School Assistant Coach/Offfensive Coordinator (2012-2013)
Mepham High School Assistant Coach/Offensive Coordinator (2005-2011)
Dowling College Assistant Coach (2002-2004)
Wantagh Tribe Summer/Winter 2021 Team (2013-2014)
Team 91 Summer Team 10th and 11th Grade Elite Teams (2011-2012)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with so called "elite" teams and why there is so much movement year to year is why would an a or a- player want to play on an "elite" team and have to fight for playing time when they can go to most other teams and have no issues with playing time at all. It's common sense, I don't understand why people can't grasp this concept.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. I think the days of 2-3 elite teams are over. Parents and players are getting smarter. New clubs are forming because people see HOW much money these sub par clubs make. There are sooooo many great coaches NOT at these "elite" programs. 5 years ago if you weren't on an "elite" team, you would go un-noticed. Not the case anymore...STOP wasting your money on apparel and swag. Pay for coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Parents are tired of paying thousands to an "elite" club team, spending thousands traveling to tournaments, to watch their children play 5 minutes of lacrosse. For what-- the glory to say you were there? People are growing tired of it. Free tshirts only go so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Parents are tired of paying thousands to an "elite" club team, spending thousands traveling to tournaments, to watch their children play 5 minutes of lacrosse. For what-- the glory to say you were there? People are growing tired of it. Free tshirts only go so far.

Especially when a Director is arrogant, is not transparent, can't reach them, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm willing to do all that in order to have my team hat and car sticker and walk around tournaments like a big shot and brag to my colleagues at work about all the tournaments my kid's team wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are out of your mind. It is 4th grade lacrosse!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5th grade buddy.

Get it right!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5th grade buddy.

Get it right!

Technically they are not in 5th grade until September.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beware of the one off teams. Generally they consist of parents who are disgruntled and motivated to protect #1. In the long run you want to be with a team associated with a solid infrastructure and the ability to attract good players and families. You don't want to be searching for a new team every other year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express sent an email about this age about who would be the coaches for Team 1 & 2.

Team 1 - AJ (no change)
Team 2 - Mike Chanenchuk Jr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beware of the one off teams. Generally they consist of parents who are disgruntled and motivated to protect #1. In the long run you want to be with a team associated with a solid infrastructure and the ability to attract good players and families. You don't want to be searching for a new team every other year.

Obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express sent an email about this age about who would be the coaches for Team 1 & 2.

Team 1 - AJ (no change)

So no change to team 1. Interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 1 - AJ (no change)

So no change to team 1. Interesting

Yes there's a change. The coaches didn't get along. BM is out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 1 - AJ (no change)

Team 1- head coach is gone. Assistant taking over. That's a big change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the better. Game changer. That team will have very little if any turnover now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The Express sent an email about this age about who would be the coaches for Team 1 & 2.

Team 1 - AJ (no change)

Team 1- head coach is gone. Assistant taking over. That's a big change.

They were co- head coaches. Which was not going to work in the long run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The Express sent an email about this age about who would be the coaches for Team 1 & 2.

Team 1 - AJ (no change)

So no change to team 1. Interesting [/
The coaches didn't get along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First tryouts in the books for 2023 outlaws. 60 % of last years team was not there. I guess some not returning and vacations. Very hot on the field and the kids played very tired. Not enough breaks so evaluations can be to accurate. Speaking of evaluators, somemof them looked like high school kids, which another parent said was his son and friends. Most evaluators were not paying attention half the time, they were done by the scrimmage. Tryout ended early because hey ran out of drills I guess. They told the boys that 60- 70 kids signed up, maybe there were thirty five there today. Emails to come on Monday and they are having two teams. Not a good representation of play today in an 1 hour 10 minute tryout. Tough if you had a bad day or heat got to you. On to the next tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First tryouts in the books for 2023 outlaws. 60 % of last years team was not there. I guess some not returning and vacations. Very hot on the field and the kids played very tired. Not enough breaks so evaluations can be to accurate. Speaking of evaluators, somemof them looked like high school kids, which another parent said was his son and friends. Most evaluators were not paying attention half the time, they were done by the scrimmage. Tryout ended early because hey ran out of drills I guess. They told the boys that 60- 70 kids signed up, maybe there were thirty five there today. Emails to come on Monday and they are having two teams. Not a good representation of play today in an 1 hour 10 minute tryout. Tough if you had a bad day or heat got to you. On to the next tryout.

Wow 60 %.... and another parent said..... and you ran all the way home to post this at 130..............get a grip - how would you know who did or didn't show up. Im sure the outlaws along with every other org. starting tryouts will be just fine - you are just another one stirring the crap pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the better. Game changer. That team will have very little if any turnover now

We shall see. BM was the reason that team exceeded expectations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right. We shall see. The talent and skills those boys have will not disappear with a coach change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow 60 %.... and another parent said..... and you ran all the way home to post this at 130..............get a grip - how would you know who did or didn't show up. Im sure the outlaws along with every other org. starting tryouts will be just fine - you are just another one stirring the crap pot.

No, I'm just another parent who is tired of the Bull that PB represents. We've got 3 more tryouts with other teams we're looking forward to. Done with this team!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Three more try outs, rather busy this summer? Just to clarify.
21 of the 22 Kids that played last year are registered for tryouts. 50 total now, and should be 60-65 when all said on done. We will field 2 Solid teams at 2023. One High school kid(My son , Warming up goalies). Finished a little early because it was close to 100 degrees and a few kids were not feeling well.
Thanks to all 350 Kids/Parents that showed up for all try outs yesterday. All e mails going out Mon/Tuesday.
PB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right. We shall see. The talent and skills those boys have will not disappear with a coach change.

You're off base a little with those expectations. Two parents, at least, already moving to my sons team. Good players, too. I'm sure there won't be a major exodus, but realistic expectations would be to lose 4-5. My two buddies and a few to follow coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, I'm just another parent who is tired of the Bull that PB represents. We've got 3 more tryouts with other teams we're looking forward to. Done with this team!

Good luck on your new team - as an outlaw parent i am very happy to see you go - your son is always welcome to come and play but parents like you who come on here and bash others need to go away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a HB parent and the talent and skills are there because of the countless hours that man put in since the beggining. Something tells me if your a parent who thinks otherwise; you're both very ungreatful and probably a kid who wasn't going to make the team this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM leaves and the assistant coach wants to do less but somehow still beat the Bandits? On top of that some talented kids are leaving with BM. Good luck! Sounds like that unsinkable ship....The SS Titanic

Page 4 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard