BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like to know some of this stuff pre tryouts for these places. I think its a big deal, especially with the amount of $$$$ for these teams.[/quote]

Agreed. It should be mandatory that coaches & practice locations be posted. I understand times can change but, for that amount of money for travel teams...cmon.

No one wants to travel an hour for lacrosse practice twice a week!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Would like to know some of this stuff pre tryouts for these places. I think its a big deal, especially with the amount of $$$$ for these teams.

Agreed. It should be mandatory that coaches & practice locations be posted. I understand times can change but, for that amount of money for travel teams...cmon.

No one wants to travel an hour for lacrosse practice twice a week![/quote]

COULD NOT AGREE WITH THIS MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most families here have more then 1 child in their family. Would be nice to help organise it all. Dream on I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like to know some of this stuff pre tryouts for these places. I think its a big deal, especially with the amount of $$$$ for these teams.

Most families here have more then 1 child in their family. Would be nice to help organise it all. Dream on I guess. [/quote]

Which teams are you talking about? No secrets on practice locations. Express at st anthonys, igloo in Jericho, 91 pack in bayport, avengers tbd, outlaws in huntington, legacy in east islip, TLI in port jeff, true blue in Pequa, bluefish at hofstra,

ChiLAX. It's not that hard to figure out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most families here have more then 1 child in their family. Would be nice to help organise it all. Dream on I guess.

Which teams are you talking about? No secrets on practice locations. Express at st anthonys, igloo in Jericho, 91 pack in bayport, avengers tbd, outlaws in huntington, legacy in east islip, TLI in port jeff, true blue in Pequa, bluefish at hofstra,

[/quote] do you have coaches and assistant coaches too. Some stats would be cool while your at it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you have coaches and assistant coaches too. Some stats would be cool while your at it. [/quote]

Nope. Don't care that much. He has his team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the coach for express 2024?
Mike O'Reilly. the 2025 Express team
Did he coach this year? Does he have any assistants?

He is a disloyal guy. left his 91 2020 team a couple of years ago and then took another Team to 91 last year but then left 91 again this year for a better deal I hear. You never know where he (and you) will end up.
wait is this the guy that coached the Avengers? I don't need a whole drama. A simple yes or no. Idon't want to open the door to bashing just want to clarify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is a disloyal guy. left his 91 2020 team a couple of years ago and then took another Team to 91 last year but then left 91 again this year for a better deal I hear. You never know where he (and you) will end up.
wait is this the guy that coached the Avengers? I don't need a whole drama. A simple yes or no. Idon't want to open the door to bashing just want to clarify.

Same guy. He will have 24 and 25 now It has been said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wait is this the guy that coached the Avengers? I don't need a whole drama. A simple yes or no. I don't want to open the door to bashing just want to clarify.

Yes it is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't show your ignorance by insulting.Not healthy!!!
Your splitting hairs,OK,I have seen most of the 20424 teams. fact!Another fact, weather you like it or not.There are boys with some really good talent. and not all choose to play for the top. And YES, they would make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wait is this the guy that coached the Avengers? I don't need a whole drama. A simple yes or no. I don't want to open the door to bashing just want to clarify.

Yes it is

And he is fantastic with the kids. Really focuses on developing the kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is not disloyal. He does what is best for the kids and the team. He did not leave his 2020 team, he chose not to coach- period. Some kids stayed with new coach, some went to other clubs, some moved up. Period- end of story. I would gather that if the kids/families follow him to different clubs, then he must be doing something right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't dispute that. I just don't know how he will be able to give both teams the attention that they deserve and that we are paying for. What if there is conflicts with tourneys? What team is he choosing to coach and who will take over for the other team. That's where its even more important to know who are the assistant coaches. Hopefully they update their website and have this info available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is not disloyal. He does what is best for the kids and the team. He did not leave his 2020 team, he chose not to coach- period. Some kids stayed with new coach, some went to other clubs, some moved up. Period- end of story. I would gather that if the kids/families follow him to different clubs, then he must be doing something right.

Unfortunately some ended up with no where to go and no team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't dispute that. I just don't know how he will be able to give both teams the attention that they deserve and that we are paying for. What if there is conflicts with tourneys? What team is he choosing to coach and who will take over for the other team. That's where its even more important to know who are the assistant coaches. Hopefully they update their website and have this info available.

That's a reasonable concern. But I am sure that all steps will be taken to avoid conflicts. And this is something that is a great to ask before committing. Along with practice location and schedules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike O'Reilly. He is also coaching the 2025 Express team

What is his background / coaching experience?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dad Coach...coached his older sons. Now other kids, runs clinics and camps. Not sure that he played lax or what his real job is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dad Coach...coached his older sons. Now other kids, runs clinics and camps. Not sure that he played lax or what his real job is.

Played D1 in college. More concerned with development at young ages than winning. He has a good connection with kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played D1 in college. More concerned with development at young ages than winning. He has a good connection with kids.

Agreed. He is a great coach/trainer. Works great with the younger kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And make sure you don't mind a little salty language every once in a while.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau team li bengals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bengals in Bellmore/ Merrick/massapequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tom Mazeika head coach Bellmore jfk played at stony brook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry bengals tom Mazeika
Assistant Chris Tempone assistant coach at ncc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the coach for express 2024? [/quote]Mike O'Reilly. He is also coaching the 2025 Express team [/quote]

What is his background / coaching experience? [/quote]

Dad Coach...coached his older sons. Now other kids, runs clinics and camps. Not sure that he played lax or what his real job is.[/quote]

Played D1 in college. More concerned with development at young ages than winning. He has a good connection with kids. [/quote]

And make sure you don't mind a little salty language every once in a while. [/quote]

Son was on Crush (2nd line middie). Left because he didn't like the way JS treated the kids and the win at all costs mentality. Has no kid on either team - just likes coaching. Cares about the kids and they will definitely get better. As s a coach he is straight shooter and fair. Overall a great guy and great coach. But the other writer was correct - be prepared for some salty language - in a good way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to this - given all the clubs out there, what do you think the top 3 or 4 teams are? Not tourny wins etc necessarily, but coaches that can really coach? Make kids better over the course of the season? Kids will love the sport MORE at the end of the seaon, not be happy that its over.
Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to this - given all the clubs out there, what do you think the top 3 or 4 teams are? Not tourny wins etc necessarily, but coaches that can really coach? Make kids better over the course of the season? Kids will love the sport MORE at the end of the seaon, not be happy that its over.
Thank you.

Top Teams for what type of player? The answers will be different depending on your son and his playing ability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want your kid to have passion for the game and learn to play the right way, he is the coach you want. Cares more about developing the kids than winning. For anyone to say disloyal, that's crazy. He's one of the few loyal coaches around and he's been around this scene for a while. Great coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want your kid to have passion for the game and learn to play the right way, he is the coach you want. Cares more about developing the kids than winning. For anyone to say disloyal, that's crazy. He's one of the few loyal coaches around and he's been around this scene for a while. Great coach

Teams are already set, no point in the tryouts. His kids don't need to show up. Same old story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams are already set, no point in the tryouts. His kids don't need to show up. Same old story.

That is a valid concern. If his team is already formed, there may be just a few openings. I wouldn't rely on just this try out and you should have a plan b and c.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. Everyone has to tryout and there will be multiple teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wrong, wrong and wrong again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well then at the end of this you tell us all how many of his current team even show up for tryouts (none, like last year) and if they don't all miraculously make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well then at the end of this you tell us all how many of his current team even show up for tryouts (none, like last year) and if they don't all miraculously make the team.

This is what parents get upset over. Clubs, coaches etc should be upfront. Earlier in the thread or maybe the 2015 thread it is stated that the Avengers are moving over to Express with the coach and a few might stay. That doesn't leave a lot of openings for kids going to try out for the A team or team 1. Now, that is not to say other clubs are not keeping most of their team in tact as well. But the bottom line is, clubs need to be upfront about how many positions are truly open because parents pay a lot of money and spend time at these try outs. It's heart breaking to find out you took your kid to a try out and he didn't make it because they already had all their attack, but needed defensive players. Your kid is crushed, you are out 100 bucks, and still need to attend other try outs and only hope that the club needs the position your kid plays. This is where parents lose trust in the clubs. Just be open and honest. I think many will say, we are completely open, but that's not really true. If a kid is a stand out, they will bump another, but if a team comes from one club to another, and follows a coach, chances are the core team is set and all the positions aren't available. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, as loyalty and chemistry of playing over the years together seems to be valuable, but for the new kids trying out, the clubs should state what each team is really looking for. So if this teams core isn't already picked and set that woukd be shocking since they are following the coach. If any different is said, and the team is 75% in tact on the new club, parents are likely to be angered and not try out for the club in the future. Being up front is important and the right thing to do and families do appreciate the honesty and transparency so they can make the best decisions on where to spend their time and money at try outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is what parents get upset over. Clubs, coaches etc should be upfront. Earlier in the thread or maybe the 2015 thread it is stated that the Avengers are moving over to Express with the coach and a few might stay. That doesn't leave a lot of openings for kids going to try out for the A team or team 1. Now, that is not to say other clubs are not keeping most of their team in tact as well. But the bottom line is, clubs need to be upfront about how many positions are truly open because parents pay a lot of money and spend time at these try outs. It's heart breaking to find out you took your kid to a try out and he didn't make it because they already had all their attack, but needed defensive players. Your kid is crushed, you are out 100 bucks, and still need to attend other try outs and only hope that the club needs the position your kid plays. This is where parents lose trust in the clubs. Just be open and honest. I think many will say, we are completely open, but that's not really true. If a kid is a stand out, they will bump another, but if a team comes from one club to another, and follows a coach, chances are the core team is set and all the positions aren't available. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, as loyalty and chemistry of playing over the years together seems to be valuable, but for the new kids trying out, the clubs should state what each team is really looking for. So if this teams core isn't already picked and set that woukd be shocking since they are following the coach. If any different is said, and the team is 75% in tact on the new club, parents are likely to be angered and not try out for the club in the future. Being up front is important and the right thing to do and families do appreciate the honesty and transparency so they can make the best decisions on where to spend their time and money at try outs.

And now you've got it! That is exactly what happened with this coach last year and will happen again this year. Why have competition and try to be the best when you can keep friends and family and others who drank the koolaid and be Average-er

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Espress will have 2 teams and neither is set. tryouts are Wed. You have to be there to make one of the teams.

And now you've got it! That is exactly what happened with this coach last year and will happen again this year. Why have competition and try to be the best when you can keep friends and family and others who drank the koolaid and be Average-er

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2024 will have 2 teams this year and nothing is set. tryouts are on Wed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right, nothing is set....we get it, wink, wink. Bring your friends and tryout fee. Lmao.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right, nothing is set....we get it, wink, wink. Bring your friends and tryout fee. Lmao.

If you make a b team, run for the hills, trust me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you make a b team, run for the hills, trust me!

Trust me, you have it backwards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2024

Our top 2024 team will be coached by the Head Varsity Coach of Kellenberg HS Mike Schwalje who has over 20 years of coaching been named Coach of the Year 5X and has already won a Catholic League Championship under his first 3 years at Kellenberg. He will have an outstanding staff which will include former UNC Goalie, Steven Rastivo who will provide outstanding goalie instruction for our players.

Coach Mike Oreilly will be also coaching a team for us in this age group and with his excellent training regimen your son will be in a great spot to develop his lacrosse skills for years to come.

Page 3 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard