BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 75 76
Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2022-6th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised how light this thread has been especially with tryouts upcoming.. Can anyone share feedback positive or negative about their club. My son is looking to make a switch this year and we're looking for a team with good coaching.. Any thoughts on Express, Igloo, Legacy, Team LI and Jedters would be greatly appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm surprised how light this thread has been especially with tryouts upcoming.. Can anyone share feedback positive or negative about their club. My son is looking to make a switch this year and we're looking for a team with good coaching.. Any thoughts on Express, Igloo, Legacy, Team LI and Jedters would be greatly appreciated.
]]

We would like to add outlaws to that mix- also looking for a change...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think all the clubs you mentioned have very good coaches. There is no one place that is right for everyone. As long as your son is improving, having fun and getting playing time anyone of the clubs you mentioned is fine. You will find that as the players get older it will be tougher and tougher for kids to make a new teams. Good luck and remember wins and losses don't matter at this age!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team LI is a very good team with a small roster. They played most of this past year with 15 kids and are looking to add a couple of quality kids. I know they don't like to have a huge roster but running with 15 was tough at times. They started tryouts today but are having I believe 5 more tryout dates, one being tomorrow at 1 pm. All tryouts are at Mt Sinai high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised how light this thread has been especially with tryouts upcoming.. Can anyone share feedback positive or negative about their club. My son is looking to make a switch this year and we're looking for a team with good coaching.. Any thoughts on Igloo, Legacy, Team LI would be greatly appreciated.

Team LI is a very good team with a small roster. They played most of this past year with 15 kids and are looking to add a couple of quality kids. I know they don't like to have a huge roster but running with 15 was tough at times. They started tryouts today but are having I believe 5 more tryout dates, one being tomorrow at 1 pm. All tryouts are at Mt Sinai high school.

a lot of people are quiet because there is a lot of movement going on. last year people said teams were already picked. it wasn't true. very good coaching there. I saw a huge difference in my son's performance and endurance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They Also play in very weak tournaments so if you are looking for your son to play against top competition look elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want but the truth is they are a very good team that gets better every year. I'm very confident they could play with any team in the country at this age group. Great group of well coached boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good team that ducks real competion. Let's get real.... They don't play or will ever play in top tournaments... Good luck TLI Parent .. The rest of the team should run

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good team that ducks real competion. Let's get real.... They don't play or will ever play in top tournaments... Good luck TLI Parent .. The rest of the team should run

They basically avoid mylacrosstournments. That can be looked at as a good thing or a bad thing depending on what side of tne fence your are on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team do you belong to. I noticed you didn't promote it. Either you are afraid of some good competition at the try outs or you are just another delusional parent thinking being on that winning team makes your kid better. What makes your kid better is practice and conditioning. The hot shots getting one or two goals in a game after a ton of missed shots and win games because they are on a strong team dont progress. Seen it over and over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They basically avoid mylacrosstournments. That can be looked at as a good thing or a bad thing depending on what side of tne fence your are on.

They avoid those tourneys because their teams play U based- right? My kids never played for them, but don't they try to play in tourneys that align with their team structure? Not that I like their model- but at least they play fairly and don't play kids down like other states do. Unfortunately, that means they don't play a lot of LI teams often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw them play last weekend. They looked real good to me. From what I understand a lot of the better teams in this age group did not play each other this season. It's a shame. There's a ton of talent at 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you figure TLI plays fairly with the system they use. All the other clubs use the graduating year system. With their system in place and nobody else uses it it this is the result. Their U10 team plays against 2023 teams and their U11 team plays against
2022 teams, if you look at the birthday cut off most of the TLI
Kids are almost a year older so most of their kids are actually playing down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's where you are wrong, Team LI plays age based which is US Lacrosse rules. In almost all cases the players on Team LI are younger than grade based teams. Most of your real good grade based teams include players that started school a year late and or were held back. A u-13 player must be 12 years old as of august 31st. The same player on a grade based team who started school early and or was held back can be and in most cases are 13 and 14 years old. a year or two older. My Lacrosse tournaments, who are owned by 91 are set up for 91 teams who are loaded with older age players and since they now are buying up and starting new clubs under different names, and when chamberlains brother assigns the referees at all my lacrosse tournaments, you can count on never getting a call. That is why most of the Long Island based teams do not play in any of My Lacrosse tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team do you belong to. I noticed you didn't promote it. Either you are afraid of some good competition at the try outs or you are just another delusional parent thinking being on that winning team makes your kid better. What makes your kid better is practice and conditioning. The hot shots getting one or two goals in a game after a ton of missed shots and win games because they are on a strong team dont progress. Seen it over and over.

LMAO. I am sure they wouldn't mind scrimmaging your son's U-12 or 6th grade team- win, lose or draw. I am sure both teams would have fun! What team does your son play for? Tell your son to have fun and don't worry about his old man trying to relive his youth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from TLI, the coaches run the first line kids until they're exhausted. They never play in quality tournaments and that's not the coaches fault, blame the director who is a miserable, unapproachable guy. There are so many quality teams out there , TLI isn't one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from TLI, the coaches run the first line kids until they're exhausted. They never play in quality tournaments and that's not the coaches fault, blame the director who is a miserable, unapproachable guy. There are so many quality teams out there , TLI isn't one of them.

what team does tour son play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No complaints with Express. There are a couple parents who weren't happy that all the kids played equal time. at this age that's the way it should be. sticking with it. my kid loved it. all that really counts. the grass is not always greener. good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's where you are wrong, Team LI plays age based which is US Lacrosse rules. In almost all cases the players on Team LI are younger than grade based teams. Most of your real good grade based teams include players that started school a year late and or were held back. A u-13 player must be 12 years old as of august 31st. The same player on a grade based team who started school early and or was held back can be and in most cases are 13 and 14 years old. a year or two older. My Lacrosse tournaments, who are owned by 91 are set up for 91 teams who are loaded with older age players and since they now are buying up and starting new clubs under different names, and when chamberlains brother assigns the referees at all my lacrosse tournaments, you can count on never getting a call. That is why most of the Long Island based teams do not play in any of My Lacrosse tournaments.

Funny the only team I don't see there is Team LI, we played My Lacrosse Tournaments all summer, Outlaws, Express, true Blue, Recon and a few more were there. Just not you guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure all the 2022 teams have positive and negatives. Maybe some more than others. They all do the same thing whether its 91 giving their kids advantages in tournaments by handpicking their schedule, TLI playing none of the other travel organizations, etc. Its like pro wrestling with the drama and we are the puppets on a string writing about 11 year old kids. It should just be about KIDS getting better and enjoying the experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts about how the 2022 Bluefish. Seems lot a like a lot of former Express coaches involved. What's the likelihood they will be a true A team at this grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

Who are coaches of Express 2022? Been waiting for that info and can't get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

Who are coaches of Express 2022? Been waiting for that info and can't get it.

Same as last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where were 2022 Express practices held last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where were 2022 Express practices held last year?

NYIT - Fall
Hub - Winter
St.As/Kellenberg - Spring/Summer

That was last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts about how the 2022 Bluefish. Seems lot a like a lot of former Express coaches involved. What's the likelihood they will be a true A team at this grade?

What is a true A team? That is the question???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ability to go .500 in A brackets of tournaments is a good gauge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That and being able to run effective practices because all kids are proficient in skills of the game and are committed. I have observed that on B teams coaches need to spend more time working on basics and attendance at practices is frequently less than optimal to be effective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure this note is coming from a parent of kid who will not be on the team. At this level coaches play to win. When MC shows up, they play to win. When parents stand in, equal time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a parent whose kid won't make the team this year. At this level , you play to win. When MC is there, they play to win. When parents stand in, equal time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ability to go .500 in A brackets of tournaments is a good gauge

What tournaments?

There are some times 3 tournaments in an area on the same weekend and only 1 is usually legit.

What are the "real" tournaments that occur during the summer? If they don't have the best of NY, PA, and MD, they are likely just a way for some clubs to get some pics of their teams inTs and medals for their websites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC does not play to win. Even playing time at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is really what it should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoke from a parents whose kids won't make the team this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Express? What was the final headcount? How many players did MC have this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are much better off Playing for an organization, where you have to play against a team from your own organization in the championship and either be "co champs" or be placed in a position where the A team for your organization plays against the B team for the same organization!

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard