BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 90 1 2 3 4 5 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any key player left any team, the team would have to step up. That is what a team does. Love it when you nutty people say if this guy left or that guy left a team would be different. It is funny. If a qb left an NFL team they would be different too.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall ball will be interesting this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fall ball is never interesting, unless your talking about FootBall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Bluefish a NEW team or have a few teams merged?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Bluefish is a fairly new club run by professionals. They are NOT affiliated with any other club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2020 teams playing fall ball at Cantiague Park?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 year seems to be the year where kids jump clubs before recruiting starts. fca 2020 will look very different this year with their 2020s who played up last year being on the team for the full season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2020 year seems to be the year where kids jump clubs before recruiting starts. fca 2020 will look very different this year with their 2020s who played up last year being on the team for the full season.

I think by "2020 year" you mean 8th grade year. In that case I agree. It is no longer u13 youth lacrosse. Come November for the Fall travel season your son will be considered a "rising 9th grader". This group will include the reclass kids and much movement between club teams. Some kid will be shut out as an older more mature player takes his place. Others will decide to leave a club with a great instruction focused youth program to go to a club which will improve his change of being recognized by a college coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love how some clubs try to spin their holdback schemes rather than just be honest about it....Playing up...yea right, what are their birthdates? Before or after 9/1/01? I have to give credit though...that one was pretty creative.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love how some clubs try to spin their holdback schemes rather than just be honest about it....Playing up...yea right, what are their birthdates? Before or after 9/1/01? I have to give credit though...that one was pretty creative.

You guys are just haters. All of them fit the requirements

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes plus the team they already have which is pretty good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go look at the fca 2019 roster they show who's playing up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they playing up by birth year, or were they playing up by graduation year? I know one kid on the team who was born in the summer of 2001 and is a rising eight grader. The kid is an excellent player and should be by birth year and eight grader going ninth, but his parents left him back or he did pre first and is currently a seventh rising into eight. I assume he is one of the kids who will be joining the 2020's from the 2019's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they playing up by birth year, or were they playing up by graduation year? I know one kid on the team who was born in the summer of 2001 and is a rising eight grader. The kid is an excellent player and should be by birth year and eight grader going ninth, but his parents left him back or he did pre first and is currently a seventh rising into eight. I assume he is one of the kids who will be joining the 2020's from the 2019's.

By graduating year I think. I believe all the kids coming are in the same boat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those kids are all age appropriate for their respective grades and are not repeating a grade to play on the the 2020 team. Go peddle that nonsense someplace else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those kids are all age appropriate for their respective grades and are not repeating a grade to play on the the 2020 team. Go peddle that nonsense someplace else.

The one goalie staying back is a summer 2003 birth year, that is 2019 graduation! His parents either started him a school year late or held him back a year.

FCA parents already lying, better put on your boots, the [lacrosse] is getting deep!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

Summer 2001 should be rising 9th grader. They may not have held back but they started late by every state's standards so are older than the majority of 2020s. For age based their whole team would have had to play U15 this past season while most 2020s could play U13.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

Summer 2001 should be rising 9th grader. They may not have held back but they started late by every state's standards so are older than the majority of 2020s. For age based their whole team would have had to play U15 this past season while most 2020s could play U13.

so you guys are whining about summer 2001 bday kids playing 2020? my kid is spring 02 2020 and not FCA. Those kids were in 7th grade this past year and played 2019. they need to play u15 or 2020 next spring - which is essentially the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

so you guys are whining about summer 2001 bday kids playing 2020? my kid is spring 02 2020 and not FCA. Those kids were in 7th grade this past year and played 2019. they need to play u15 or 2020 next spring - which is essentially the same.

No one is whining- I think the poster is stating facts- like it or not, a summer birthday doesn't meet the criteria of 9/1/01 for this kid. My kid plays up too- but that is a choice. However, should it be a choice for kids to play below the age guidelines- just because? no. Simply stated, he can play in 2020 grad year, but will not qualify for u13 now and eventually cannot play u15 games when he misses that cut off.Ther 2020 older kids will most likely get away with being a summer birthday- but in a few years I do believe there will be age requirements applied- for insurance purposes. It will eventually come around like hockey and it won't matter if you were born one day after the cut off- you play with your birth year- period. There are many big hockey clubs that are huge businesses and they survived. Lax clubs will too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

No one is whining- I think the poster is stating facts- like it or not, a summer birthday doesn't meet the criteria of 9/1/01 for this kid. My kid plays up too- but that is a choice. However, should it be a choice for kids to play below the age guidelines- just because? no. Simply stated, he can play in 2020 grad year, but will not qualify for u13 now and eventually cannot play u15 games when he misses that cut off.Ther 2020 older kids will most likely get away with being a summer birthday- but in a few years I do believe there will be age requirements applied- for insurance purposes. It will eventually come around like hockey and it won't matter if you were born one day after the cut off- you play with your birth year- period. There are many big hockey clubs that are huge businesses and they survived. Lax clubs will too.

Many may survive but will they be the same. Current Crabs without holdbacks are not the Crabs..They need that edge..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

Many may survive but will they be the same. Current Crabs without holdbacks are not the Crabs..They need that edge..

Yes- that's the point- take the manipulation out of the game and the best teams will have the most skilled athletes, not the oldest and most physically mature. Agreed- Crabs is a completely different team without holdbacks. They are good, but not amazing. I am sure they will have a much older roster this year which is sad, as so many kids are being used as pawns for a business. It's a risk and more than a few may not even have it work for them to get into a better school, let alone scholarship money. Just stupid to redo a year of your life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was told at a recent NSCLA meeting that age divisions were suggested by the folks who run Denver Elite along the same way hockey is run. Everyone concurred except one organization. It makes sense to do this and I predict this will be in place by the summer season of 2016.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

Yes- that's the point- take the manipulation out of the game and the best teams will have the most skilled athletes, not the oldest and most physically mature. Agreed- Crabs is a completely different team without holdbacks. They are good, but not amazing. I am sure they will have a much older roster this year which is sad, as so many kids are being used as pawns for a business. It's a risk and more than a few may not even have it work for them to get into a better school, let alone scholarship money. Just stupid to redo a year of your life.

Unfortunately when parents see kids double reclassing and ending up at Duke and ND, it leads to parents thinking maybe it's not so stupid. Personally I don't care if kids reclass 100 times, it just shouldn't be at the expense of other lacrosse players. High school is high school, but club should be age based at least to 16 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was told at a recent NSCLA meeting that age divisions were suggested by the folks who run Denver Elite along the same way hockey is run. Everyone concurred except one organization. It makes sense to do this and I predict this will be in place by the summer season of 2016.

Let's all hope so, it's about time. Sorry holdbacks, it's never a good idea to try to get ahead by cheating the system. Karma has a way of coming back and biting you in the a**

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's all hope so, it's about time. Sorry holdbacks, it's never a good idea to try to get ahead by cheating the system. Karma has a way of coming back and biting you in the a**

What are the early rumors about player movement amongst the top teams on the island? With tryout season starting there must be some shifting coming up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard crabs is bringing down 2017 kids down for the 2020 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
gosh more of them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kids will leave crush and hit some of the other top clubs, express or legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
gosh more of them?

And a few dads are playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Igloo...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Igloo...

and fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island express 2020 is getting hold backs this year and crush kids. What does that mean for my son who plays on the same team. It will make our team better but this team has been together for years what will that do to our chemistry. I guess we will see hope it goes well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express terps are losing a few kids as well...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island express 2020 is getting hold backs this year and crush kids. What does that mean for my son who plays on the same team. It will make our team better but this team has been together for years what will that do to our chemistry. I guess we will see hope it goes well.

That's interesting because all the long island people do is whine about holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully the new express kids won't cry when adversity come their way...that team collectively sheds more tears when they lost or are under duress. Soft or just too much pressure?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was never one. You do what's best for your family. Period!! If your kid wants to be with kids younger than him and think he is better than he really is God bless. Reality catches up sooner or later. I like my kid playing against older kids because when he smokes them or shuts them down its so much sweeter!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and you can pound your chest...go punch the clock...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's interesting because all the long island people do is whine about holdbacks

My 6'3" 210 lb 2018 middie is trying out for the 2020 team. He's PG'ing and red shirting. We realize he'll be a little undersized against the 2020 teams from Lax-a-cheats-it, Crabs and Dukes, but we just couldn't justify playing 2021. Those kids only come to his waist. Nothing in the rules against it, so if we say he's 2020, then he's 2020. He's only going to play in the summer. He won't play fall ball because he starts at MLB and TE on the Varsity Football team. When the summer comes we'll only let him play out of state teams. They're all fine with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express terps are losing a few kids as well...

Where are they going?

Page 3 of 90 1 2 3 4 5 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard