BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 86 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
VLC shouldn't even be in the conversation. They have one top 10 team. The rest are mediocre at best.

Blackwolf should not be in the conversation either. There is only a conversation because it is tryout time and Trig needs players after nearly shutting it down last year. That's right, after the Saint Stephens fiasco, he almost moved to Texas. Caveat Emptor

He comes on boards and bashes Madlax every year at this time. Equally pathetic and tiring.

Try something positive or move to Texas.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it really about winning on club teams? I'm wondering what the end game is if it is not about getting into a quality college program. I think there is plenty of quality lax in HS if it's just about playing and having fun. I don't see the role of a club if it is not for getting a D1 opportunity. Some clubs are about your kid improving to be able to make HS varsity....like cavs, freedom, 3D. Some are about getting into a D1 program like MADLAX, VLC, and Blackwolf. All 3 do that well....VLC and Blackwolf traditionally exceptionally well, but madlax getting 2 2019's this early is clearly a game changer. I think madlax does REALLY well at the youth levels and develops talent but has historically not done well with D1 commits for whatever reason....Maddux maybe? I think if folks on here are picking a club based on the team's record, you might be missing the bigger picture. Your loyalty should be to your son and not necessarily your club. Things change quickly here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC shouldn't even be in the conversation. They have one top 10 team. The rest are mediocre at best.

VLC 2019's won NPYLL Championship this past spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly....in the B division. Go look at who they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a fact. And they played in summer tournaments in the middle div. when they play up like at young guns they lost by double digits to the other top teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it really about winning on club teams? I'm wondering what the end game is if it is not about getting into a quality college program. I think there is plenty of quality lax in HS if it's just about playing and having fun. I don't see the role of a club if it is not for getting a D1 opportunity. Some clubs are about your kid improving to be able to make HS varsity....like cavs, freedom, 3D. Some are about getting into a D1 program like MADLAX, VLC, and Blackwolf. All 3 do that well....VLC and Blackwolf traditionally exceptionally well, but madlax getting 2 2019's this early is clearly a game changer. I think madlax does REALLY well at the youth levels and develops talent but has historically not done well with D1 commits for whatever reason....Maddux maybe? I think if folks on here are picking a club based on the team's record, you might be missing the bigger picture. Your loyalty should be to your son and not necessarily your club. Things change quickly here.

Well I can not think of the exact year but one of the really good VLC teams I think 2016 or 2017 is full of kids who left Madlax after the big email Maddux fight?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was my point, unfotunately it's hard to read sarcasm through the computer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HAHAHAHAHA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blackwolf should not be in the conversation either. There is only a conversation because it is tryout time and Trig needs players after nearly shutting it down last year. That's right, after the Saint Stephens fiasco, he almost moved to Texas. Caveat Emptor

He comes on boards and bashes Madlax every year at this time. Equally pathetic and tiring.

What is the Saint Stephens fiasco?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a fact. And they played in summer tournaments in the middle div. when they play up like at young guns they lost by double digits to the other top teams.

Not exactly....they played single A in NPYLL and won the "championship"....nothing to brag about, but then won the Richmond summer rumble tourney (only one division but not an elite tourney) and also won the MD invitational/Greene Turtle (not an elite tourney either) playing AA. Younggunz did not go well...this is a legit tourney though. This was an 8th grade team so not quite HS.....of course VLC does not place much priority on youth. No one in nova competes with madlax at the youth level. Madlax's HS and D1 commit success (or lack thereof) does not match up to their youth program though....big drop off for whatever reason. VLC and BW are "in the conversation" for D1 placement....they have blown madlax away in this category. Not sure where the priority is for some folks here, but a lot of kids play club for D1 potential.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2016-2019 has 21 commits (not including Partner programs). VLC has 18 commits. Seems you misinformed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see you conveniently left out 2015....probably bc VLC would have blown them away. I think you are right though....the tide appears to be turning in favor of madlax in recent years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only included the current high school teams, obviously the 2015 team doesn't exist anymore, but for kicks-and-giggles let's take a wider sample size - from 2012 to present, madlax with 79 d1 commits, vlc with 49. I think it is safe to say that, when it comes to getting kids committed to D1 programs, the Madlax HS program is equally as good as VLC and Blackwolf, if not better. Not trying to get into a virtual pissing match, just wanted to refute an inaccurate statement posted by the previous poster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your stats are skewed. Ridiculous to go that far back because VLC wasn't fielding full teams back then. Also, if you are going to include commits from other areas owned by Madlax, then you should include the Baltimore Crabs with VLC's stats.

The fact is BW and VLC have been putting together much better HS teams than Madlax for years. The 2018 Madlax is a good one, though they are starting to see defections of key players.

Madlax is a bigger program, but not a better one. Not surprisingly that so many families leave Madlax during the HS years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trig was looking to expand to Texas, not leave DC. The fact is almost every BW team is better than Madlax's. 2016, 2017, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first post didn't go that far back and yet still Madlax had more commits. Stop making excuses. There is no argument.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW and VLC have more D1 commits. That's why kids leave Madlax when they hit HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW and VLC have more D1 commits. That's why kids leave Madlax when they hit HS.

You keep saying that, even when confronted by evidence to the contrary. VLC has nowhere near the current commits of Madlax and the gap is growing. Blackwolf took down its commits list because it is so weak. Why lie? What is your motivation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2018 Madlax is a good one, though they are starting to see defections of key players.

I assume you are talking about 2018 Orange - to my knowledge there has only been one player leave (yes, a very good player) but who has been in and out a previous time, and another player who's primary sport is football and who has never completely committed himself to lacrosse (although he would likely be a great lacrosse player if he committed more time to the sport). I wouldn't consider that the "start of defection of key players..." This team which is preparing to enter their 2nd year in HS continues to do very well in every tourney they play with 2 legit wins this summer - Big4 Invitational and IL Invitational. With so many more teams popping up it is harder for teams to keep their full roster of kids together year over year as some kids may want to see more playing time and see another team as an opportunity to do that. I think each club - Madlax, VLC and Blackwolf have their pros and cons and kids and families may need to try out different programs to find the right fit. Madlax 2018 has never played Blackwolf but would be interesting to see that matchup.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 has lost four very good players and a few more are apparently going to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 has lost four very good players and a few more are apparently going to leave.

Poster answered this question. Are you talking about the Blue team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the Saint Stephens fiasco?

What are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do kids leave madlax at such a critical time in the recruiting process?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids leave Madlax because they are already talking to a college coach or coaches. So they can leave Madlax and play for a Blackwolf and play less tournaments. They do not need to do 5 to 8 tournaments Plus showcases when you are on the radar of a great program. Madlax has a harder/more games schedule compared to the other two. So if you want to be seen or need to be seen you need Madlax. Or the other main reason is you are now playing for a top Private school and you want to play where you coach wants you to play or with players from the same School. Also there is the third reason you are the 7th Middie , the 4 or 5th Attackman, 2nd Goalie or 3rd Fogo. These last examples I think are the real reason most leave. Even though the people leaving would never want people to know this was the real reason they left. Also Madlax will make your kid change positions if they feel its best for the team or him. Tons of kids get moved to LSM or Pole. and this does not always sit well with teenage boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has a harder/more games schedule compared to the other two. So if you want to be seen or need to be seen you need Madlax.

Yeah, tons of Madlax kids are seen by top D1 coaches at those Madlax tournaments in Poolesville, MD.

Tons.

Madlax makes you play in 5-6 tournaments which is ridiculous. You only need to play in 2-3 good ones plus whatever individual showcase you're targeting. It's all about charging the customer more for less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids leave Madlax because they are already talking to a college coach or coaches. So they can leave Madlax and play for a Blackwolf and play less tournaments. They do not need to do 5 to 8 tournaments Plus showcases when you are on the radar of a great program. Madlax has a harder/more games schedule compared to the other two. So if you want to be seen or need to be seen you need Madlax. Or the other main reason is you are now playing for a top Private school and you want to play where you coach wants you to play or with players from the same School. Also there is the third reason you are the 7th Middie , the 4 or 5th Attackman, 2nd Goalie or 3rd Fogo. These last examples I think are the real reason most leave. Even though the people leaving would never want people to know this was the real reason they left. Also Madlax will make your kid change positions if they feel its best for the team or him. Tons of kids get moved to LSM or Pole. and this does not always sit well with teenage boys.

I agree, particularly the 3rd reason. Little Johnny is always the best player on the team in his parent's eyes and it is the coach that can't recognize it. Again, in the parent's eyes and most have never played the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why doesn't Blackwolf post the coaches' resumes? They are easy to find on the Madlax website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has a harder/more games schedule compared to the other two. So if you want to be seen or need to be seen you need Madlax.

Yeah, tons of Madlax kids are seen by top D1 coaches at those Madlax tournaments in Poolesville, MD.

Tons.

Madlax makes you play in 5-6 tournaments which is ridiculous. You only need to play in 2-3 good ones plus whatever individual showcase you're targeting. It's all about charging the customer more for less.

Trig, you really need to spend a little $$ on marketing. Or trying winning a tournament. Stop blindly bashing and sell something.

You know that Madlax plays the hardest schedule of any top 10 club in the country, including Baltimore Crabs, Duke/HHH and Team 91, and plays in front of dozens of college coaches game after game. Tournament after tournament is top competition, attracting coaches to come to them. BS to suggest anything else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tons.

The funny thing is none of the high school orange teams play in the tournament in Poolsville MD. I think 2019 Orange is the oldest team to play. So your Joke is off but good try. The argument about how many tournaments you play in, is a personal one. If you started lacrosse in 6th or 7th grade you might need to get in more games to get you Lax IQ up. Like I said before if you are a lacrosse lifer and have contact with a top college program you are correct you can do 2-3 and a showcase. So once again Nova needs 3 top teams and these 3 are what we got so compare all you like but saying any of the three are bad or no good is just wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the other poster about the 2018 seeing the beginning of a defection is clearly uninformed. Maybe he is referring to the FOGO that is reclassing to 2019 or perhaps the d-pole that is out for several months with an ACL tear or another middie that is out with a foot injury. He's either referring to the Blue team or doesn't have all of the facts...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tons.

Looking at the 2018 Orange schedule on the Madlax website, they played in the Platinum Cup, Big4 Invitational, Crab Feast, UA Shootout, with the National Team (majority 2018 Orange Capital players) participating in the IL Invitational. That's a pretty solid lineup of events regardless of the number

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or sometimes the kid is a good on age player, but the kid(s) in front are holdbacks and more advanced at this time.

I agree, particularly the 3rd reason. Little Johnny is always the best player on the team in his parent's eyes and it is the coach that can't recognize it. Again, in the parent's eyes and most have never played the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That lineup is fine, although UA Shootout has lost a lot of luster and the IL Invitational isn't the strongest field.

Bigger issue is that no HS kid needs to play in 5-6 tournaments a summer. 2-3 is more than enough. It also conflicts with the individual events these kids are attending as well.

Scheduling 5-6 tournament is bad enough But making them pay for all of them even if they can't attend them all? Wow.

BW has a much better model. It is about the kids first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trig is anything but all about the kids first. BW and VLC are all about selling future bench players to colleges. Name one Blackwolf or VLC kid on a college roster at a ACC, B1G, Ivy or Patriot League team who made all conference this year. This is a pattern. All those fabulous D1 commits from BW and VLC did nothing when they went to college but collect splinters in their arses. Nothing.

That will change next year when Jack Rowlett gets to UNC. But that is one. Just one.

Trig and Bullet need better comedy material than all those commits named. Doesn't mean a thing if you don't see the field in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 Blackwolf alumni were in the national championship game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do madlax kids really do 5+ tournaments every summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 BW alumni watched the national championship game from the sidelines without needing to buy a ticket. That is exactly the point. BW and VLC have had recent success placing players to programs where they never see the field.

Name one player who made all conference. Just one. Try to name a starter too. You're reaching and misrepresenting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do madlax kids really do 5+ tournaments every summer?

Its 4 a summer for sure, Then if you are National team you get a 5th. Then you throw in the showcases that will get you to 6 to 8 a summer. As for any schedule Madlax puts everything they do online on the website for anyone to read. Which is a good and bad thing. These other clubs do not even posts there rosters like its a good thing for people to not know who is on there teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trig is anything but all about the kids first. BW and VLC are all about selling future bench players to colleges. Name one Blackwolf or VLC kid on a college roster at a ACC, B1G, Ivy or Patriot League team who made all conference this year. This is a pattern. All those fabulous D1 commits from BW and VLC did nothing when they went to college but collect splinters in their arses. Nothing.

That will change next year when Jack Rowlett gets to UNC. But that is one. Just one.

Trig and Bullet need better comedy material than all those commits named. Doesn't mean a thing if you don't see the field in college.
i
Why all of the discussion about Blackwolf on a Madlax thread? Blackwolf is on life support like Trig's coaching career after Saint Stephens. What tournaments has Blackwolf won? What have they done but be a cheaper, less intense alternative for already recruited Madlax and Crabs kids? Let's start a Blackwolf thread so Trig can post for the crickets...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I'm starting to see why people leave madlax....6-8 tourney events is insane. I'm appalled at how douchy some of the parents are. I would imagine 6-8 weekends of that every summer would drive anyone away. It's a shame bc the kids are losing out. Maryland has such good options for lacrosse. Nova just sucks until high school. It is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 86 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard