Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#129350 - 08/10/15 03:59 PM Men's U19 final 30  
Dickie Dunn Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Dickie Dunn  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

congratulations to the 8 Long Island players who advanced to the final 30 man roster for the 2016 U19 championships

Attack Tyler Dunn Manhasset (N.Y.) 2015 Penn
Attack Mac O'Keefe Syosset (N.Y.) 2016 Penn State
Defense Matthew Borges Garden City (N.Y.) 2015 Ohio State
Defense Thomas Wright Garden City (N.Y.) 2015 Penn State
F/O James Sullivan Garden City (N.Y.) 2015 Harvard
F/O Austin Henningsen Northport (N.Y.) 2015 Maryland
F/O Gerard Arceri Smithtown East (N.Y.) 2016 Penn State
Midfield Joe Licciardi St Anthony's (N.Y.) 2015 Penn

I tried to capture the spirit of the thing
Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#129352 - 08/10/15 05:00 PM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Dickie Dunn]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations to the boys moving on! Awesome accomplishment. However, based on the performance at the blue/white game, there were a few that I thought should have been cut, and others that should have made it through. Such as an LI attackman with two goals, and a fogo cut who clearly had a higher percentage win. A couple kids that did absolutely nothing got through because of the state they are from or to make sure the team had some diversity.

Top Reply Quote
#129355 - 08/10/15 05:08 PM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Dickie Dunn]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations boys! Great job!

Top Reply Quote
#129378 - 08/11/15 06:56 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Dickie Dunn]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's weird that almost all the Ohio St. recruits got picked. And, there is a kid from Alabama on the team??? Really. Good thing this isn't political. (sarc) How did that Concannon kid not make the team?

Top Reply Quote
#129383 - 08/11/15 07:53 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's weird that almost all the Ohio St. recruits got picked. And, there is a kid from Alabama on the team??? Really. Good thing this isn't political. (sarc) How did that Concannon kid not make the team?

its all BS

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#129385 - 08/11/15 08:10 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

its all BS

I wouldn't say that. Many of the best ranked kids in the country are on this team. You will never make everyone happy, but cuts needed to be made and I believe for the most part they got it right.

Top Reply Quote
#129387 - 08/11/15 08:20 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

its all BS

I wouldn't say that. Many of the best ranked kids in the country are on this team. You will never make everyone happy, but cuts needed to be made and I believe for the most part they got it right.

4 commits from Ohio State (Head Coach of U19 Team), 4 from UPenn (Assistant Coach of U19 Team), 4 from Penn State (Assistant Coach of U19 Team), coincidence?

Top Reply Quote
#129389 - 08/11/15 08:28 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

No McCormick from NC ?

Top Reply Quote
#129391 - 08/11/15 08:31 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

its all BS

4 commits from Ohio State (Head Coach of U19 Team), 4 from UPenn (Assistant Coach of U19 Team), 4 from Penn State (Assistant Coach of U19 Team), coincidence?

to the victor go the spoils. same politics as our local tryouts when club owners pick the teams and stack them with their own clubs kids.

Top Reply Quote
#129396 - 08/11/15 08:53 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

its all BS

And 3 from both Virginia and NC. How about being happy for the well deserving boys who made it and stop undermining their accomplishments. Politics will always be a factor in life, get over it and wish the team luck!

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#129399 - 08/11/15 09:13 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

its all BS

And 3 from both Virginia and NC. How about being happy for the well deserving boys who made it and stop undermining their accomplishments. Politics will always be a factor in life, get over it and wish the team luck!

I'm very happy for all 30 kids, just pointing out a set of facts.

Top Reply Quote
#129401 - 08/11/15 09:30 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Dickie Dunn]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was not there and did not see all that went into the selections but was surprised one of the F/O's made it based on his 25% win percentage in the scrimmage.

Top Reply Quote
#129411 - 08/11/15 10:21 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Dickie Dunn]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am VERY happy and impressed with the current u19 roster. BUT, stacking the team with Nick Myers OSU kids, plus the U Penn kids and Penn St kids is nothing but political BS. There is a kid on the roster from Alabama that is going to Ohio St. ALABAMA for crying out loud. Is lacrosse even a HS varsity sport in that state? It's just like club tryouts. If they lose, then he will be skewered.

Top Reply Quote
#129416 - 08/11/15 10:54 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am VERY happy and impressed with the current u19 roster. BUT, stacking the team with Nick Myers OSU kids, plus the U Penn kids and Penn St kids is nothing but political BS. There is a kid on the roster from Alabama that is going to Ohio St. ALABAMA for crying out loud. Is lacrosse even a HS varsity sport in that state? It's just like club tryouts. If they lose, then he will be skewered.

I get the OSU, PSU and Penn argument but saying a kid does not deserve it for geographical reasons is really stupid. either the kid can play of he can not play even if he is from Baltimore

Top Reply Quote
#129419 - 08/11/15 11:11 AM Re: Men's U19 final 30 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a kid on the roster from Alabama that is going to Ohio St. ALABAMA for crying out loud. Is lacrosse even a HS varsity sport in that state? It's just like club tryouts. If they lose, then he will be skewered. [/quote]

What a ridiculous comment; the kid might be from Alabama, but you sound like the hillbilly

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams