BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 70 1 2 3 4 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue???
Spalina - amazing coach
True Blue - absolutely irrelevant at this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irrelevant? True Blue has JC from Adelphi University coaching! Anyone in the Lax world would tell you he is a great coach. Just look at his 2017 team and all the big time recruits he has. Let me guess your kid plays on some big name team with a coach that played somewhere in college but has Zero coaching background? Good luck with that. This person asked about great coaching not big name teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Irrelevant? True Blue has JC from Adelphi University coaching! Anyone in the Lax world would tell you he is a great coach. Just look at his 2017 team and all the big time recruits he has. Let me guess your kid plays on some big name team with a coach that played somewhere in college but has Zero coaching background? Good luck with that. This person asked about great coaching not big name teams.

My kid's coach, who is also his father, is a drunk and a loud mouth. No one like him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought long and hard about this upcoming year. My kid is a 3 sport athlete and unless we have him truly focus on lacrosse and play year round, he will be delegated to a "B" team. We are going to forgo any tryouts and play with our town team which happened this year. We will take some beatings, but at least he will play with the kids who he will end up in HS with and get coached by our HS coaches. No more BS playing for teams that are in it for the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanx for the heads up. We were all waiting on pins and needles for you to make your announcement on your sons future before we choose a team for our sons to tryout for. Glad you did it sooner than later.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally a parent that has a clue. Why pay these guys a lot of $ so your kids can have swag from these elite programs so you the parents can say We play for so and so..Remember you dont play. Your kid plays. Have them try out for a travel program in 7th/8th grade when it mattters. Play as many sports as they can when they are young.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue???
Spalina - amazing coach
True Blue - absolutely irrelevant at this age group

Get off his ****. You can't even spell his name !!
Loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going to try out for a few teams. What are your thoughts on Outlaws, or Igloo ? These seem to be the best (good players, practices and tourney choices) options after those two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going to try out for a few teams. What are your thoughts on Outlaws, or Igloo ? These seem to be the best (good players, practices and tourney choices) options after those two.

What about the other teams? I know you guys aren't a fan of some teams, but to censor comments kind of makes you seem petty and, more importantly, it hurts the credibility of this site. It very disappointing. You're changing the comments of others to support your agenda.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching is the most important decision. At the end of the year you want your kid to be a better player than when he started.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best teams in this group will be:

Legacy
True Blue
Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy
True Blue
Igloo

What tournaments did they enter? How did they fare? Did they play Express, or Outlaws?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy
True Blue
Igloo

Bob????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is a mess with BM leaving. It seems like that program is having a lot of problems recently. 91 Bandits best by far last year. Legacy True Blue and Igloo will all be very good A Division teams this year. Igloo gets a new coach this year so not sure how that is going to play out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo not solid either. New coach. Unproven. No assistant named yet although rumors are not positive. It will be interesting to see how many players stick around or jump to teams with stronger foundation/coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Outlaws are coached by the Outlaws Owner and Director. They also have a very experienced Father/Coach, and are adding a DII National Champion Defensive Coach this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanx for the heads up. We were all waiting on pins and needles for you to make your announcement on your sons future before we choose a team for our sons to tryout for. Glad you did it sooner than later.

Thanks for your input. He was making a statement about the ridiculous travel scene obviously. Maybe you should read things twice and think about the message before slapping the keyboard in disgust.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching Legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure express has their team hand picked again this year. If they didn't call you for a tryout you might want to think long and hard before wasting your 100 bucks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy
True Blue
Igloo

What tournaments did they enter? How did they fare? Did they play Express, or Outlaws?

Those are all bottom tier A teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo not solid either. New coach. Unproven. No assistant named yet although rumors are not positive. It will be interesting to see how many players stick around or jump to teams with stronger foundation/coaching.

Wait, I thought Santa was coaching IGLOO because the boys need someone to nurture them, and not be so darn negative. Santa knows the 1-3-2 motion offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching Legacy?

A lot of turmoil with Legacy at this age level. Coaches of both teams are in turmoil.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many spots are available on Outlaws 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Outlaws are coached by the Outlaws Owner and Director. They also have a very experienced Father/Coach, and are adding a DII National Champion Defensive Coach this year.

Owner Coach doesn't show up to practice. Save your $100.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many spots are available on Outlaws 2023?

A lot of spots open. Bring your $100

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We'll see how long Santa lasts when they don't win any games because they were too nurtured! Not to mention the whole team is turning over. Too bad. Everyone thought they had something going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish started this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daddy coaches at igloo or are friends with the directors, you make the team regardless of the talent that shows up. they can deny it, but it is so true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daddy coaches at igloo or are friends with the directors, you make the team regardless of the talent that shows up. they can deny it, but it is so true

Yeah, have seen it at the Outlaws this past season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish looks very very interesting! If Tierney pulls it off and gets the numbers at tryouts it could be problematic for other Nassau clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish looks very very interesting! If Tierney pulls it off and gets the numbers at tryouts it could be problematic for other Nassau clubs.

Tierney will not be showing up. All of the other start ups had the same thing, great Director, but no support. It's all about the money and taking advantage of the growing lax scene. Who are the coaches for Bluefish?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It certainly can't hurt to tryout for Bluefish. Hopefully Bluefish gets a good showing at tryouts, my son will definitely be much better off surrounded by talented players rather than playing for his current wannabe travel team, the talent just isn't there. I'm confident there will be quality coaches for Bluefish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, have seen it at the Outlaws this past season.

Haha you are funny just another s##t stirrer - unfortunately there will always be an unhappy daddy trying to live through his son complaining about some coach or their son- my advise to anyone is to try out for a few clubs, while there speak to the other parents and ask questions about what the club offers, talk to the "coaches" at the try outs and make a decision based on your needs not on which team claims to be the best or has the nicest helmet wraps, then most of all TALK to your son and ask him how he feels about who he tried out with and what he wants. Good luck to all - it's a roller coaster ride enjoy it because it's over quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent is already too watered down!! New teams are at a huge disadvantage. Some old teams are in extreme turmoil!! Should be an interesting tryout season!!!:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The advantage some new teams may have is people are sick of the turmoil on what are supposed to be the established clubs. The money grab, revolving door of coaches and players is tiring. Maybe someone with a new perspective will get it right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop fishing!!!!

You can bash igloo and express all you want. No turmoil. One coach is leaving each team. There will still be plenty of kids at tryouts.

Talking about a money grab. Why do you think these new pop up programs are starting up? They see the $$ the others are making and are trying to get some for themselves. There is no new perspective.

Any "A" player that goes to one of the new start up clubs is setting themselves back a full year+
Nice try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop fishing!!!!

You can bash igloo and express all you want. No turmoil. One coach is leaving each team. There will still be plenty of kids at tryouts.

Talking about a money grab. Why do you think these new pop up programs are starting up? They see the $$ the others are making and are trying to get some for themselves. There is no new perspective.

Any "A" player that goes to one of the new start up clubs is setting themselves back a full year+
Nice try though.

But at a fraction of the cost. Igloo & Express & Legacy are all losing their A team's head coach. Outlaws has their director stepping in to help theirs, which is even worse. You,re telling me that everything is going to be peachy over at these clubs? Who,s stay with the team? Who's following the coach? Who is the new coach? Where will he want to practice? These are a lot of serious questions when you're considering dropping $2k-$3k+ on a team. If Bluefish or another team are coming in at 1/2 that and giving gloves helmets, etc... People will try it. I'd hate to be a Honey Badger parent right now. That team was really good and everyone is jumping ship. Same with Legacy. I'm not saying a new club will be better, but the only guarantee with a lot of clubs is the high price tag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop fishing!!!!

Nice try though.

Spoken like a a Director from a sub par "A" club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop fishing!!!!

Nice try though.

Igloo's coach went or was put on another team - so what
Express coach left or went to another team -so what
Outlaws coach has been the same since they started and not changingd - so what
The point is that the kids at this age make the team and make the coach look and as the kids mature into adults they get better with good coaching.

But at a fraction of the cost. Igloo & Express & Legacy are all losing their A team's head coach. Outlaws has their director stepping in to help theirs, which is even worse. You,re telling me that everything is going to be peachy over at these clubs? Who,s stay with the team? Who's following the coach? Who is the new coach? Where will he want to practice? These are a lot of serious questions when you're considering dropping $2k-$3k+ on a team. If Bluefish or another team are coming in at 1/2 that and giving gloves helmets, etc... People will try it. I'd hate to be a Honey Badger parent right now. That team was really good and everyone is jumping ship. Same with Legacy. I'm not saying a new club will be better, but the only guarantee with a lot of clubs is the high price tag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Stop fishing!!!!

Nice try though.

Igloo's coach went or was put on another team - so what
Express coach left or went to another team -so what
Outlaws coach has been the same since they started and not changingd - so what
The point is that the kids at this age make the team and make the coach look and as the kids mature into adults they get better with good coaching.

True; however, if I'm a parent with a child on one of those teams, I'm probably not going to bring my kid back. Badgers were well within striking distance at the end of the season. Now they will be middle of the road. Parents are starting to realize the agendas of these teams are not honorable. The coaches are just as bad. People will have different opinions, but I'm going with stability. My son's coach is great. Not a daddy coach. And, more importantly, he's not going anywhere.

Page 2 of 70 1 2 3 4 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard