BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Complaint Department
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Use this thread for miscellaneous complaints about coaches, parents, refs, directors etc.....

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Complaint Department
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you promote this? There is enough complaints in the board especially when everyone is anonymous . Why let people and programs be slandered .

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why would you promote this? There is enough complaints in the board especially when everyone is anonymous . Why let people and programs be slandered .

wth are you talking bout Willis?

This thread was created to clear up the Lost and Found thread that has become something it should not be.

Relax and don't slander anyone!!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my sons coach is a mean person
my sons summer team charges too much
my wife keeps getting older
nobody thinks my kid is as good as I know he is
the girls game has too many whistles
early recruiting is great if you sign early
early recruiting sucks if you don't sign early
if they had sticks like today's when I played I would have rocked
my boss undervalues my worth
i hate Gary Coleman references
Trumps douchery is taking away from the other candidates douchery
did i mention that my wife keeps getting older

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot one.

Your a gimp.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Supports the site's recent move toward being more like the Jerry Springer show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot one.

Your a gimp.

You're a gimp

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Supports the site's recent move toward being more like the Jerry Springer show.

Of which your a contributor. Congrats!!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ground balls during a face off should be an entirely different stat. It's one thing to get a loose ball from anywhere on the field and a different thing to have "loose" ball set right in front of your face.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ground balls during a face off should be an entirely different stat. It's one thing to get a loose ball from anywhere on the field and a different thing to have "loose" ball set right in front of your face.

to go a step further - F/O wins should only be clean wins they need a new stat for "team" face off win - it is so silly when a kid wins the draw clean, ball goes right to the wing person who doesn't control the GB, a scrum happens and the other team gets the ball, now the fogo gets the win when in fact he lost the draw

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be some interesting conversation on here smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anonymous posters suck and should not be allowed to post on BOTC - the dialog would be greatly enhanced by register users only post rule

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anonymous posters suck and should not be allowed to post on BOTC - the dialog would be greatly enhanced by register users only post rule

While I personally agree with you, the web policy allows anonymous posting. Maybe we can look at it as keeping us all on out toes. Also, people who do not post with their names are really anonymous as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.....and yet you post anonymously yourself. Dopey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There used to be links to most of the Long Island-based travel team websites (as well as Connecticut and Maryland teams), which was a good resource for players and parents looking for these organizations. Why were those taken down? Can those be put back on the site?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
There used to be links to most of the Long Island-based travel team websites (as well as Connecticut and Maryland teams), which was a good resource for players and parents looking for these organizations. Why were those taken down? Can those be put back on the site?

They were taken down because some of the clubs were acting in a manner that were not in the best interest of the players or their parents. BOTC will not promote clubs that are not focused on the kids as much as they are to their bottom-line.

We have organizations like My Tournaments/Team 91/LI Hurricanes/ and quite a few more all owned and run by the same people. They appear to manipulate their teams in their own tournaments.

BOTC commands a very serious amount of views over the course of a day, week, and month, so much so, that we found ourselves being used...and we have stopped that.

By having a list of clubs we would be contributing to this "smoke and mirrors" mechanism on the part of multiple teams under a single ownership or control.

If you have a question about a specific club you can email or private message us or make a post.

As I told the folks at My Tournaments, Sean Chamberlain & Co., when they kept your money after canceling the Lax Fest, and BOTC took them to task on this board, and received a terse and combative toned phone call basically telling me that their advertising bought our silence, I informed the caller that BOTC is NOT for sale to any advertiser.

if a club screws up or [lacrosse] over a player or does anything that we deem unsatisfactory we will say something...advertiser or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rock on Larry!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilarious! Posts like this make BOTC irresistable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My beef is with clubs that can't get back to you when you send e-mail asking a few questions. Three clubs have not gotten back to me in over a week now. I know people go on vacation and such, but all these clubs sent emails out regarding tryouts. Is it too much to ask to have someone monitor your business website and respond back ? Even a simple- we don't know yet, is better than nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

They were taken down because some of the clubs were acting in a manner that were not in the best interest of the players or their parents. BOTC will promote clubs that are not focused on the kids as much as they are to their bottom-line.

We have organizations like My Tournaments/Team 91/LI Hurricanes/ and quite a few more all owned and run by the same people. They appear to manipulate their teams in their own tournaments.

BOTC commands a very serious amount of views over the course of a day, week, and month, so much so, that we found ourselves being used...and we have stopped that.

By having a list of clubs we would be contributing to this "smoke and mirrors" mechanism on the part of multiple teams under a single ownership or control.

If you have a question about a specific club you can email or private message us or make a post.

As I told the folks at My Tournaments, Sean Chamberlain & Co., when they kept your money after canceling the Lax Fest, and BOTC took them to task on this board, and received a terse and combative toned phone call basically telling me that their advertising bought our silence, I informed the caller that BOTC is NOT for sale to any advertiser.

if a club screws up or [lacrosse] over a player or does anything that we deem unsatisfactory we will say something...advertiser or not.

smart move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were taken down because some of the clubs were acting in a manner that were not in the best interest of the players or their parents. BOTC will promote clubs that are not focused on the kids as much as they are to their bottom-line.

smart move.

I can see your point about not wanting to support clubs with some self serving motives, but I still think there should be a website where someone can go to see all of the clubs in an area of the country and also see what level of play (AA, A, B, etc) those clubs typically register their teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

smart move.

I can see your point about not wanting to support clubs with some self serving motives, but I still think there should be a website where someone can go to see all of the clubs in an area of the country and also see what level of play (AA, A, B, etc) those clubs typically register their teams.

Not supporting those clubs is admirable and just; however, not allowing those clubs to be mentioned on a lacrosse board (positively or negatively) is silly. Like a 8 year old taking his ball and going home and ruining for the rest of the kids that want to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the Hurricane parents? 3/4 grade team was ran poorly. Coach pulled out of a tournament without letting most of the team know. They were wandering around the tournament looking for him. The dad called the night before and was told by the coach that he was busy eating . Ended up with a college kid coaching the sidelines most games and barely got the ball over the mid line.Then they brought in part of a team from Massapequa for another game. Parents were chasing them for refunds that were promised but ended up with a $250 credit for next season. This team seems like it was a 91 off shoot simply set up to hurt igloos numbers . Same thing with the Ducks this year near Legacy .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hurricanes had a great thing going, but the Director was a no show and the guy that 91 assigned to run it couldn't care less about the club. He was an all star lax player at and when he showed up to the Hub, all he did was talk to coaches or sit on the bench. They will be thanked by nobody re-enrolling this season. Maybe they can learn their lesson that parents aren't stupid and they watch what goes on!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The players who were on Hurricanes never would have made Igloo. No loss there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The players who were on Hurricanes never would have made Igloo. No loss there.

Please. It's Igloo, not the Bandits. Plenty of those kids would have made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Work sucks today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Work sucks today
my wife's cooking sucks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely untrue! Busy eating? Walking around a tournament? That is biggest bunch of nonsense I have seen in a while. Come on guy. Instead of an anonymous post why dont you send Legacy an email or call them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the term "dad coach" thrown around here pretty often, usually in a negative way. Is this because of the perceived and/or actual favoritism towards their own kids? What exactly constitutes a "dad coach". Example, Joe Smith coaches his sons club team but is also the head coach of a school's varsity or JV team. Does that render him dad coach status?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. That's dad coach status. People have to accept the fact that any parent coaching their kid will have an inherent bias. And based upon experience with many teams the coaches kid is one of the more skilled players 90% of the time (I did not say best player). Often that is a simple function of parent having devoted time to playing one on one with their child. Most important is whether the parent coach is qualified. Good luck trying to find enough experienced and qualified non-parent coaches for all of these teams. And unless you are willing to step up and coach and do a better job, stop complaining. Welcome to life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We also see that the dad coaches son never comes off the field, gets choice spots whether they belong there or not and let's not forget about daddy coaches son's best friends. I can deal with that in town teams for a lousy few hundred. But when it's a few grand I'd rather have an unbiased coach. And plenty of good teams have those.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were taken down because some of the clubs were acting in a manner that were not in the best interest of the players or their parents. BOTC will not promote clubs that are not focused on the kids as much as they are to their bottom-line.

A breath of fresh air
Values and ethics trumps greed
Rarely seen these days

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. That's dad coach status. People have to accept the fact that any parent coaching their kid will have an inherent bias. And based upon experience with many teams the coaches kid is one of the more skilled players 90% of the time (I did not say best player). Often that is a simple function of parent having devoted time to playing one on one with their child. Most important is whether the parent coach is qualified. Good luck trying to find enough experienced and qualified non-parent coaches for all of these teams. And unless you are willing to step up and coach and do a better job, stop complaining. Welcome to life.

Thanks for the reply and I agree with your last sentence in particular. I do find it a bit disheartening that this term is given such a negative connotation around here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt an independent coach is the ideal. I'm just suggesting that there are not enough good coaches even if you're paying. And I'm just pointing out reality. My own son is faced with the issue. The coach and [lacrosse]'t coach both have a son on the team. That's 2 spots immediately filled. And at least two other kids are friends and play in the same town and they are not very good. Doesn't matter, that's now 4 spots filled. The conflicts abound. I can suck it up and deal with it or I can waste countless hours trying to find teams for my son to try out for where there is no parent coach. I suspect that just trying to extract that information during tryouts will be near impossible. Values and ethics should trump greed but it won't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My two sons are both on travel teams with Daddy coaches. It's a tale of two cities.

On one team, the coaches's sons are assist machines and play any position needed by the team and coaches are tough on them. Total communication and organization. Kids have fun, get in a ton of practices and tons of reps in practice. No BS. Plenty of championships but also losses to better teams they can learn from.

On the other team, coaches's sons are nice kids who belong on the team but not starting. Coaches are good but the overplaying of their kids is tearing team apart. Tons of BS. It's sad because it's a great group of kids.

As parents, I think we all know there is going to be some coach's courtesy to their sons, but it's got to be balanced and the coach's have to have a grip on reality and care about putting the team first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the term "dad coach" thrown around here pretty often, usually in a negative way. Is this because of the perceived and/or actual favoritism towards their own kids? What exactly constitutes a "dad coach". Example, Joe Smith coaches his sons club team but is also the head coach of a school's varsity or JV team. Does that render him dad coach status?

Bill Tierney is a dad coach, he and his son did okay. His kid was a goalie though, so it is different all together. Maybe that is the key, dad coaches should have fogos or goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bill Tierney is a dad coach, he and his son did okay. His kid was a goalie though, so it is different all together. Maybe that is the key, dad coaches should have fogos or goalies.

Many say his preference for his son playing at Priceton is a reason for him being asked to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't he the Denver coach who said he would never recruit early but somehow there are 2018s verbally committed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent coaching goes bad when their sons aren't strong players and they over play them. This creates a problem in youth, hs, or even college. In youth whem the coach builds a team around his mediocre so it's a reciepe for disaster. No one is fooled.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard