BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lost and Found
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow this is crazy yet a culmination of things.

These games were played at a school - NO alcohol is allowed in the first place.

As i understand the banning comments. This goes to a bigger picture no real league for travel. Just many one off tournaments. These games are not a part of a league, not part of a group which hosts many tournaments. If someone was to get a lifetime ban it could only be from that organization banning them. Sure word of mouth could make people aware but not sure a ban.

Things are getting out of control. yes every story has at least 3 sides but lets use August to reflect on our behavior and set a good example going forward.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've heard three different accounts of what happened in Greenport from those who saw and they all sound very different. I could be wrong but the above sounds like the Levittown version. Always three versions (at least) to every story.

yes, and there is plenty of solo cups in Levittown. Not the shining examples for youth sports. good people there but bad people running things. how did this get on lost and found anyway, which I think is a great idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually what happened at that 10 year old lacrosse game was that a Miller Place player hit a Levittown player with 20 seconds to go. The ref flagged him and explained the penalty. In the mean time the Levittown player was down and the game ended. One of the Levittown coaches came to check his player while another Levittown coach ran to the Miller Place player cursing him out. The Miller Place father confronted the Levittown coach with words and was grabbed by the offending coach and jumped from behind by a third coach and Levittown parents. The scene lasted about 2 minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was started by a Levittown coach who verbally attacked a 10 Year old Miller Place player...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel the same way about the Levittown coach who got in the face and cursed at a 10 year old boy. He crossed the line regardless of the circumstances. If it were my child, I would have called the police.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost: any sense of reality and or shame
Found: Pathetic people who dont have a clue.

Sounds like there was wrong done by both sides. You should each look to handle your own embarrassment instead of casting blame on the otherside

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost: any sense of reality and or shame
Found: Pathetic people who dont have a clue.

Sounds like there was wrong done by both sides. You should each look to handle your own embarrassment instead of casting blame on the otherside

What the H**l are you talking about? Are you talking common sense? Are you suggesting responsibly and good judgement? We will have none of this! Take your goodie two shoes act somewhere else. THIS IS TRAVEL LACROSSE, SHOW SOME DIGINITY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not at this game but we played Levittown earlier in the day, and those parents were openly drinking alcohol from red solo cups and one dad actually had a can of beer in his hand. At least one of the coaches was drinking, too.
Just hope their children got home safely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like everyone is at fault . These parents and coaches need to separate the vacation drinking from the game of lacrosse . Coaches need to hold themselves at a much higher standard or don't volunteer. Your actions before during and after the games has a tremendous effect on the young minds we are supposed to be shaping

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a neutral parent I watch the whole thing unfold on Saturday. My son had the next game on the adjacent field. This game caught my eye because it was a very well played game on both sides. Unfortunately I did notice parents on the sidelines with red cups and even miller life beer cans. Totally not the place for that. As for the miller place parent that confronted the Levittown coach, I gotta believe that many of us, including myself, would react the same way. Instead of the Levittown coach attending to his injured player, he did approach the miller place player with some uncalled for choice words. In my opinion he should've went to the miller place coach to express his dissatisfaction with the hit and let the coach and refs handle the situation. All in all a great game with a not so great post game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard three different accounts of what happened in Greenport from those who saw and they all sound very different. I could be wrong but the above sounds like the Levittown version. Always three versions (at least) to every story.

It's sad that these alcoholic parents can't wait until after the tournament to drink. Or maybe they didn't go to college and get it out of their system so they think it's cool now. It's not cool and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they were unable to get kids into Chaminade so they angry drink

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Oh boy! lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the goalie stick? Was it ever returned? As travel lacrosse turns.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
What about the goalie stick? Was it ever returned? As travel lacrosse turns.

Yes

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still have a goalie stick and stx. Attack stick from Dix hills school from the tournament that 91 never opened up shop for the Sunday games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a neutral parent I watch the whole thing unfold on Saturday. My son had the next game on the adjacent field. This game caught my eye because it was a very well played game on both sides. Unfortunately I did notice parents on the sidelines with red cups and even miller life beer cans. Totally not the place for that. As for the miller place parent that confronted the Levittown coach, I gotta believe that many of us, including myself, would react the same way. Instead of the Levittown coach attending to his injured player, he did approach the miller place player with some uncalled for choice words. In my opinion he should've went to the miller place coach to express his dissatisfaction with the hit and let the coach and refs handle the situation. All in all a great game with a not so great post game.

"....other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Oh boy! lol

Stupid comment

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Oh boy! lol

Stupid comment

Very stupid indeed.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's sad that these alcoholic parents can't wait until after the tournament to drink. Or maybe they didn't go to college and get it out of their system so they think it's cool now. It's not cool and they should be ashamed of themselves.

you should see Division on lacrosse day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Levittown was the only program that had red cups?..There was 5,000 coolers all over the fields but I guess Levittown was the only ones that were drinking?..90% of the people walking around had Red Cups. All these righteous people want to comment on Levittown . Lets address the MP Parent who was up and down the sideline"coaching". He was a complete [lacrosse]. The refs in my opinion lost control of this game. The kids on the field reacted to him and the intensity of the game was unfortunately dictated by a parent whos playing days ended, or never really started years ago. For a parent to leave the sideline and go after a coach is 100% inexcusable. Maybe we should address the fact that the wonderful MP Dad who started this called the injured kid a [lacrosse]. We can talk red solo cups all day, but when parents act like this and make the games about them, and inject themselves into the contest,theres a problem. Parents need to sit back and cheer on the team and forget that their playing days(if they even had them) are OVER. Red cups or whatever was in the cups played NO roll in this. People were drinking all over, all day. Pretty simple, Loser Parent charges coach, coach's family/friends had his back, period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Levittown was the only program that had red cups?..There was 5,000 coolers all over the fields but I guess Levittown was the only ones that were drinking?..90% of the people walking around had Red Cups. All these righteous people want to comment on Levittown . Lets address the MP Parent who was up and down the sideline"coaching". He was a complete [lacrosse]. The refs in my opinion lost control of this game. The kids on the field reacted to him and the intensity of the game was unfortunately dictated by a parent whos playing days ended, or never really started years ago. For a parent to leave the sideline and go after a coach is 100% inexcusable. Maybe we should address the fact that the wonderful MP Dad who started this called the injured kid a [lacrosse]. We can talk red solo cups all day, but when parents act like this and make the games about them, and inject themselves into the contest,theres a problem. Parents need to sit back and cheer on the team and forget that their playing days(if they even had them) are OVER. Red cups or whatever was in the cups played NO roll in this. People were drinking all over, all day. Pretty simple, Loser Parent charges coach, coach's family/friends had his back, period.

90% of the people did not have red solo cups. I guess 90% of Levittown did. alcohol absolutely played a role. who are you kidding. you are justifying bad behavior by saying everyone was doint it. herein lies the problem. how about the coach that yelled at the kid. that's the real loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is laughable. The MP parent charged the L-town coach from the sideline. I was right there, the L-town coach said "that was uncalled for" to the player. The ref was standing right there, if he "cursed out" a kid don't you think he wouldve said something. Please, don't defend the actions of this parent. The simple fact that the MP parent is solely responsible for this, not alcohol, no red cups. Maybe we should mention that the shining star of a parent also called the injured L-town player a [lacrosse]. There was another MP parent who was out of line all game as well, up and down the sidelines yelling and questioning the refs calls, critiqing the L-town players and telling the MP kids how to defend certain techniques. The ref had an absolute perfect opportunity to control the game by warning him and asking him to leave if necessary. Instead the game got real chippy b/c the boys on the field(who matter the most) responded to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're obviously a MP parent. Just trying to get this straight, the L-town parents who had red cups made the MP parent LEAVE THE SIDELINE AND GO AFTER A COACH???...thanks for clearing that up..its amazing how you are defending the pathetic actions of a clearly out of control parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is laughable. The MP parent charged the L-town coach from the sideline. I was right there, the L-town coach said "that was uncalled for" to the player. The ref was standing right there, if he "cursed out" a kid don't you think he wouldve said something. Please, don't defend the actions of this parent. The simple fact that the MP parent is solely responsible for this, not alcohol, no red cups. Maybe we should mention that the shining star of a parent also called the injured L-town player a [lacrosse]. There was another MP parent who was out of line all game as well, up and down the sidelines yelling and questioning the refs calls, critiqing the L-town players and telling the MP kids how to defend certain techniques. The ref had an absolute perfect opportunity to control the game by warning him and asking him to leave if necessary. Instead the game got real chippy b/c the boys on the field(who matter the most) responded to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're obviously a MP parent. Just trying to get this straight, the L-town parents who had red cups made the MP parent LEAVE THE SIDELINE AND GO AFTER A COACH???...thanks for clearing that up..its amazing how you are defending the pathetic actions of a clearly out of control parent

no one said anything of the sort. another team also complained about Levittown on this thread. you are condoning the drinking like it's meaningless. the behavior is bad and so is the drinking. one inhibits the other. non of this is justifiable. it's disgraceful. both sides are at fault. control yourselves for cyring out loud. what exactly are we teaching these kids. good behavior until someone exhibits bad behaiour and then your allowed to exhibit bad behavior. great philosophy. the actions speak for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an uninvolved third party who watched this mess unfold in front of children, both sets of parents are at fault here. They both had red cups. I of course cannot say what was in them but I am sure it was alcohol on both parts. The parent who was for lack of a better word ranting up and down the sideline for most of the game raised the tension of the game for sure, the refs should have done a better job in policing the sideline and the aggressive tone of the game. The big ref that taunted the parent, I am unsure of which side it was, is inexcusable. If that ref ever is one of my child's youth games I will inform his coach of what, in my eyes, he allowed to become a free for all.
Both sets of parents allowed their children to witness something that should never be seen in youth sports.
You blame each other which is a joke at best. You should be explaining to your children how wrong what happened was instead of typing on here placing blame on each other and bickering over who had more red cups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also witnessed the entire event and think its hysterical how people on here talk out of their [lacrosse]! Who is the idiot who said the levittown coaches cursed at the player who just got a penalty? And that kids father only "confronted" the levittown coaches who supposedly attacked him. Well, you must have had a "few too many" to say you witnessed that. You are obviously a Miller Place parent to even make up such [lacrosse]. Actually I wouldnt be surprised if you are actually the loser who ran on the field and attacked the levittown coach. You are trying to defend the terrible behavior that was taken place by Miller Place. I guess people try to look for scapegoats when they know they are wrong.
Bottom line a Miller Place father ran on the playing field and attacked the opposing team's coach. Then he went to the injured player and called him a [lacrosse]. How is this being blamed on Levittown? That is the real definition of white trash!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like a real [lacrosse] [lacrosse]! Take the stick out of your [lacrosse]. Your the [lacrosse] geek who probably was never invited to parties.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like a jackass! How about the idiot who charged the coach. How about the same idiot who called the player from Levittown a [lacrosse] while he was still down? All the coach from Levittown said to the kid wss that "that was wrong" ... which it was. I'm sure from your comment that you probably have never played sports. Keep your stupid comments to yourself!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like a real [lacrosse] [lacrosse]! Take the stick out of your [lacrosse]. Your the [lacrosse] geek who probably was never invited to parties.

class at its best. how juvenile is this post. I thought some of the language was supposed to be taken out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no I actually don't think the ref even heard it. no one is defending any of the adult actions here. it's just bad examples all around. that was the point from the beginning. this isn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last time. unfortunately.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Guys and gals this is a lost and found thread not a [lacrosse] session about a game. Please lets stop with this crap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it doesn't count when the Levittown coach cursed at the mp player. I guess the Levittown parents didn't see that. A coach should NEVER talk to an opposing player unless it's to congratulate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I missing something here? You must be THAT Levittown coach. No coach should be drinking alcohol while supervising children, nor should he reprimand a 10 year old child from another team. Unacceptable behavior and illegal to be drinking on school property. Stop making excuses for poor behavior which crossed the line. Even the ref yellow carded that same coach during the game, and told the larger ref after the game he smelled it on his breath. That's a fine example for your players. You're right. There were some great parents we met from Levittow, not the drunk ones. Not my thing at a youth lacrosse tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Levittown is and always will be full of trash. Not the first time I have have heard of problems with these guys and some of there patents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a coach or parent or any adult went after my kid, I have to say I would have defended him too. My truth. Just because it was on the field doesn't give him a free pass. Wrong choice. We can all argue all night about the drinking but it's common semse it has no place at a youth sporting event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are talking about club lacrosse. Travel lacrosse is governed by a league (PAL) that can enforce rules. I believe PAL imposses an alcohol (and drug) free zone. Club lacrosse has no rules and is the wild west. I have no problem with enjoying alcohol and generally would not judge. I do not understand some parents making it a necessity to drink early and often at every single tournament. It is by no means specific to any one town or demographic. I would caution making such broad accusations. In fact some of the most affluent towns are known as the most notorius drinkers. Most parents are encouraging, respectful and trying to enjoy the day. Some just can not control themselves. I wonder if these parents ever get embarassed by their actions. Unfortunately their sons probably are.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Levittown is and always will be full of trash. Not the first time I have have heard of problems with these guys and some of there patents.

I guess your from a place where being a condescending jerk off is a prerequisite for buying a home. Or should I say rent a trailer?

I disagree with your ridiculous generalization of Levittown.
Some amazing people were raised in and continue to live in that town.
Also, if you knew anything about lacrosse you would know that some of the best players and coaches, DOZENS of which are in the Lacrosse Hall of Fame come from Levittown.
Next time you have diarrhea please close your mouth...your words stink like s***.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody "went after a kid"..people have to stop snowballing this incident especially those who were not there. No coach, or parent from Levittown initiated this event. When the father of the year left the sideline and went after the coach, thats where it started. It seems like people on here have a bug up their [lacrosse] about Levittown..it needs to stop..one more thing, did anyone take notice that it was a 4th grade team that beat a 5th grade team?..Maybe MP should focus on getting better at Lacrosse than shooting their mouths off

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard