BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 44 1 2 3 4 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know anything about the Bluefish for this age group. For the prices they are charging and tryout dated it Appears they may have a core group of kids that they know will be on the team. Anyone know if they have players already for 2021. Anyone have any info on this team other than what is posted on the Internet.
IS this the old Jr Lizards ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thank you Mr. Trump. Your comments sort of make my point.

No one is bashing lacrosse. Its a great sport- maybe the best.

What I and others are bashing, are the elements that are making it less of a game and more of an occupation. Can the travel experience be good- of course it can. Many of you have detailed that. However, increasingly it is NOT a good experience. The tide is turning, and doing so due to some peoples' recognition that they can make alot of money selling D1 hope. That cancer trickles down to all levels of lacrosse.

Their certainly is a market for B teams, for kids who want to play. Problem is, no parent on the B team doesnt want their kid on the A team, so there is no place for a kid to avoid the insanity. [/quote

you cant have it both ways. You accept your child thrives on B or struggles on A. Its your choice. No one is breaking anyones arm. Only a small percentage go to D1. Everyone should know that. If you feel you were sold a bag of goods maybe you weren't being realistic from the beginning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is a lesson in life, my kid driving home after one game, and
Said to me that he is better then some of the kids that
Play more then him. I told him your right, but I told him just like at my job
Some people are very friendly with the boss/coach. So he gives them more pppporunity.
He works hard it's my wife and I that have to suck up more.
That is sad, and what people are sick of doing.nr7

yes, but the beauty of it is you have other choices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone heard how the Rising Son team in Philadelphia broke up?? they are calling teams to merge because their kids left the program!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone heard how the Rising Son team in Philadelphia broke up?? they are calling teams to merge because their kids left the program!!

STOP WITH YOUR LIES!!!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, not true at all. They will be stronger than ever this year at all age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those who want to know who is coaching the team and what location practices are in

Long Island Bengals

Massapequa/Bellmore/Merrick

Gary Levitan - Director and Head Coach 2021 Boys Team

Occupation

Physical Education Teacher in Plainedge School District (1999 - Present)
Coaching

Plainedge High School Head Coach 1999-2014
Over 150 Wins (Most in school history)
Big Four Champions 2007 and 2008
Most Improved Team Award 1999
3 US Lacrosse All-Americans
2 US Lacrosse Scholar All-Americans
Mamaroneck High School Head Coach 1998
Checkmate Lacrosse Camp 1996-2006
Lutheran High School Head Coach 1994-1997
Started program in 1994
Metro Coach of the Year 1996
Metro League Champions 1996
Director of LuHi Lacrosse Camp 1994-1997

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be great if the teams posted all of their coaches coaching resumes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While resumes can certainly attract families/players, I think that while they may be impressive, they do not speak to whether they are actually able to coach younger kids. You can be a great college or HS coach, but have no ability to relate to the younger set. It is a whole different ball game of skills, including a lot of patience, management, extra sensitivity and fairness. I think reaching out to former families to get a wide view of opinions about philosophy, playing time, practice and game expectations etc are very important too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While resumes can certainly attract families/players, I think that while they may be impressive, they do not speak to whether they are actually able to coach younger kids. You can be a great college or HS coach, but have no ability to relate to the younger set. It is a whole different ball game of skills, including a lot of patience, management, extra sensitivity and fairness. I think reaching out to former families to get a wide view of opinions about philosophy, playing time, practice and game expectations etc are very important too.

LI Bengals coaches are all teachers as well. So they know how to relate to child and parent

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard that they are retooling to compete in Denver for the wsyl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Outlaw Black 2021 an AA or A team? I saw they are looking to do a select team, buts kinda confused as to how they're labeling them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many kids showed up for the outlaws 2021 tryouts? how was the tryout run? organized? or was it a mess?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
55-60 kids at 1 st out law try out - select top team - black 2 nd team which is coached by Bonn from cold spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Bonn left as assistant coaching Silver with that Sullivan (?) guy head coach and is heading out Black, or is Sullivan (?) really the head coach of this and Bonn still assisting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
55-60 kids at 1 st out law try out - select top team - black 2 nd team which is coached by Bonn from cold spring

thank you for the information.

i thought the outlaws are running 3 teams at 2021. are they running only two?

is the talent at 2021 available to them high enough for them to run a decent AA team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone please comment on the Express Program? I am trying to figure out if it is a team that would be a good fit for my son. What tournaments do they play in? how many practices do they have in the fall and winter? how many teams do they run at this age level? how many kids try out for this team? how many slots are truly open? what are the 2021 coaches like? thank you

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
can someone please comment on the Express Program? I am trying to figure out if it is a team that would be a good fit for my son. What tournaments do they play in? how many practices do they have in the fall and winter? how many teams do they run at this age level? how many kids try out for this team? how many slots are truly open? what are the 2021 coaches like? thank you

Before you start listening to all kinds of bull, I suggest you go to their tryout flyer and email Jill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend of my son's plays for Express and loves it. As a matter of fact, he has friends that play for many of these teams, and most of them are having a blast, and the parents keep going back and having fun. I would go check it out and talk to the parents who have played there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many Igloo kids at different try out over the last four days. Are they leaving Igloo or just leaving options open?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many Igloo kids at different try out over the last four days. Are they leaving Igloo or just leaving options open?
igloo is loading up, they have to make it to Denver for wsyl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the numbers at tryout?

A friend of my son's plays for Express and loves it. As a matter of fact, he has friends that play for many of these teams, and most of them are having a blast, and the parents keep going back and having fun. I would go check it out and talk to the parents who have played there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have only been to Outlaws (50-60) Not going to tryout for every team out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although I was not there I heard Express had about 50 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Similar showing as Outlaws, around 5-60

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes heard last couple of years it was close to 100 at tryouts for 2021 , Express has been declining , and was told the talent pool was not there either this past week. Express has become a rotisserie for travel . Parents are realizing the organization and more so MC doesn't care about you and your kid after the money has been collected , He is concerned about every kid before tryouts till Winter , they give you minimum for maximum $ , And the whole catholic school myth is also a crock . If your kids better then a Express Player he is going to play over him period !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were Igloo tryouts? Rich getting richer? A chance to play on ESPN2 next Summer has got to be a big pull.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were Igloo tryouts? Rich getting richer? A chance to play on ESPN2 next Summer has got to be a big pull.

next week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine like last year there will be a lot of kids with great talent at Igloo try outs and then a big drop in talent. Last year when those great talented kids found out they only made the B team they went to other clubs leaving the second team with mostly kids where the talent dropped. Still good players but a big drop in talent. Expect the same this year. There have been a lot of Igloo kids at a few of the tryouts this year from the second team so we will see if the second team could get a competitive team this year. Last year they were very good for a first year team maybe not A but very close. It is hard to keep second teams with talent together. The Cudas are a perfect example of that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are there any tune up clincs, or general invitation practices available for 2021 players to help get prepared for tryouts? if so when, where? thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are there any tune up clincs, or general invitation practices available for 2021 players to help get prepared for tryouts? if so when, where? thank you.

It's too late for that. 2021 is halfway thru tryouts for 3-4 of the main teams.

Preparation for tryouts (or tryout preseason) happens at the start of May and during summer ball, so the young athlete can finish strong and be remembered at tryouts a few weeks later. It's like riding a bike, nothing will be forgotten in a three week hiatus, and a last minute clinic is not going to bring him to the next level.

A few weeks off and the stick away in order to be a kid and enjoy summer is the best reset button or refresher.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to other try outs for reps and plays. That is one way to get your kid warmed up and gauge the talent on other teams. It helps you get a realistic view on where you kid may belong, as long as you do not mind spending the money for the try outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what tournaments will 2021 express be playing in this upcoming season? if there is an a and a b team, which tournaments will each team be playing in? if this is unknown, what tournaments did they play in last season?

thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what tournaments will 2021 express be playing in this upcoming season? if there is an a and a b team, which tournaments will each team be playing in? if this is unknown, what tournaments did they play in last season?

thank you

You need Kreskin to answer this question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three teams. Blue Knights is the A team. It is an A- team and very close to A. When they had the Express Wolves playing with them in the fall they were a solid A team. Needs some top players to be A. The second team is a solid B team. Not B plus yet. But a better B team. Don't know about the third team or how much any team practices. I don't know if they still bring in the Wolves for games. That would be a concern. They had a lot of conflicts in the summer so the wolves could not play with them. Probably not a bad choice compared to other A and B teams out there but not great either. Good luck.

quote=Anonymous]can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three teams. Blue Knights is the A team. It is an A- team and very close to A. When they had the Express Wolves playing with them in the fall they were a solid A team. Needs some top players to be A. The second team is a solid B team. Not B plus yet. But a better B team. Don't know about the third team or how much any team practices. I don't know if they still bring in the Wolves for games. That would be a concern. They had a lot of conflicts in the summer so the wolves could not play with them. Probably not a bad choice compared to other A and B teams out there but not great either. Good luck.

Blue Knights cannot beat either Igloo team, Express, 91, ICON or Team Long Island. They are not an A team.

quote=Anonymous]can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bold statement. Blue Knights tied igloo B then lost in a brave heart. I guess that means blue knight "cannot beat" them ever. They Tied igloo the second time they played. Blue Knights beat the turtles and igloo B lost to the turtles 9-2 the same day. Legacy beat the jesters by a lot and igloo lost to the jesters. Jesters beat team Long Island and igloo B lost to team Long Island by a lot. You can not say blue nights "cannot" beat igloo B. Igloo B and legacy are A- maybe B plus. Neither are A. If the jesters could beat igloo B and team Long Island so can legacy. Read the post again it does not say blue knights are A.

Blue Knights cannot beat either Igloo team, Express, 91, ICON or Team Long Island. They are not an A team.

quote=Anonymous]can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you. [/quote] [/quote] [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bold statement. Blue Knights tied igloo B then lost in a brave heart. I guess that means blue knight "cannot beat" them ever. They Tied igloo the second time they played. Blue Knights beat the turtles and igloo B lost to the turtles 9-2 the same day. Legacy beat the jesters by a lot and igloo lost to the jesters. Jesters beat team Long Island and igloo B lost to team Long Island by a lot. You can not say blue nights "cannot" beat igloo B. Igloo B and legacy are A- maybe B plus. Neither are A. If the jesters could beat igloo B and team Long Island so can legacy. Read the post again it does not say blue knights are A.

Blue Knights lost to TLI by a fair amount.

quote=Anonymous]can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you.
[/quote] [/quote] [/quote]

Page 2 of 44 1 2 3 4 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard