BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 327 1 2 3 4 5 6 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No where is POWDERPUFF getting thier info from??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I may Hire her powderfinger This is one heck of a list and if I can help my kid in any way she looks like she knows how to get it done!!
These kids barely played their junior year yet!!

Blue: Lindsay Alfano (Hauppauge) Hofstra
Blue: Michaela Aymong (Northport) Richmond
Blue: 2013 Maggie Bill ( St Anthony’s) UNC
Blue: Katie Boden (Shoreham) UMass
Blue: Paige Bonomi (Northport) USC
Blue: Courtney Boyd (Locust Valley) Louisville
Gold: Meghan Breen (sacred Heart) UMass
Blue: Alexandra Bruno (Garden City) Princeton
Gold: Danielle Cox (Cold Spring) Franklin&Marshall
Blue: Nicole Dangellis ( Smithtown East) Yale
East: Dene Demartino (Eastport) Hopkins
Blue: Caroline Delyra (Bayshore) USC
Blue: Catherine Dickinson (Garden City) UPenn
Green: Annie Dodge (Northport) Siena
Blue: Christina Esposito (West Babylon) Northwestern
Blue: Alyssa Ferro (North Babylon) Towson
Blue: Jenna Fuchs (Garden City) Fairfield
Gold; Julide Giray (Hauppauge) Binghamton
Green: Meghan Gulmi (Syosset) Cinncinati
Gold: Meaghan Kollmeier (Northport) UMASS
Green/Gold: Emily Lucas (Island Trees) Monmouth
Blue: Emily Maier (Sayville) High Point
Blue/Gold: Megan McDonald (Garden City) Georgetown
Blue: Darcy Messina (St Anthonys) Florida
Blue: Stephanie Peragallo (Hauppauge) Notre Dame
Blue: Taylor Rantfle (Hauppauge) UVA
Gold: Christine Rienzo (Hauppauge) Siena
Gold: Diane Rienzo (Hauppauge) Siena
Gold: Ali Rodgers (Baldwin) Binghamtom
Blue: Chelsey Sidaras (Floyd) Fairfield
Blue: Maddy Sivilli (Glenn) Davidson
Blue/Gold: Kelly Anne Sherlock (Cold Spring) Yale
Gold: Erica Sklar (Friends) Villanova
Gold; Mary Pat Theofield (Northport) UMass
Gold: Jenna Vinci (Hauppauge) Binghamton
Gold/Blue: Colleen Wright (Huntington) Iona
Green: Marina Venezia (Mt Sinai) Lehigh

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No where is POWDERPUFF getting thier info from??
BOTC will speak with the Yellow Jackets staff and help get some clarity for everyone. An important note here is that we have found Tracy and the entire Yellow Jackets organization to be genuinely concerned about the game of lacrosse, the quality of training and teaching, and helping young people achieve their goals. This is one of the reasons that BOTC Industries sees the Yellow Jackets as an important partner for us in the Long Island Lacrosse scene.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As promised, BOTC Industries spoke over e-mail with the Yellow Jackets this evening to get some clarity on the details of their Elite Recruiting Service.

First, there is NO CHARGE for recruiting for the Yellow Jackets own High School players. Second, there is NO CHARGE for recommendations, letters, phone calls, and similar supporting material for Yellow Jackets players.

We were reminded that the Elite Recruiting Service (ERS) is a separate entity to allow parents and players who feel that they require additional personal assistance in all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle. The program sports a one-time fee and the program begins with sophomore year players. While the features that each family requires differ, we have been guaranteed that the full package pricing is lower than $2000 per player.

BOTC Industries recommends that families that would like to avail themselves to more details should contact Tracy directly at elitelax@aol.com. This should help close some of the pricing debate on the recruiting services available.

Web Site : Elite Recruitment Service
E-Mail : elitelax@aol.com

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
As promised, BOTC Industries spoke over e-mail with the Yellow Jackets this evening to get some clarity on the details of their Elite Recruiting Service.

First, there is NO CHARGE for recruiting for the Yellow Jackets own High School players. Second, there is NO CHARGE for recommendations, letters, phone calls, and similar supporting material for Yellow Jackets players.

We were reminded that the Elite Recruiting Service (ERS) is a separate entity to allow parents and players who feel that they require additional personal assistance in all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle. The program sports a one-time fee and the program begins with sophomore year players. While the features that each family requires differ, we have been guaranteed that the full package pricing is lower than $2000 per player.

BOTC Industries recommends that families that would like to avail themselves to more details should contact Tracy directly at elitelax@aol.com. This should help close some of the pricing debate on the recruiting services available.

Web Site : Elite Recruitment Service
E-Mail : elitelax@aol.com

OK, I know a player who played YJ blue. While there is recruiting going on with out Elite services there is a catch. If you pay the service your playing time increases greatly. So, no, you do not have to pay the fee for Elite services but if you do not, will you play? It is a business.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I may Hire her powderfinger This is one heck of a list and if I can help my kid in any way she looks like she knows how to get it done!!
These kids barely played their junior year yet!!

Blue: Lindsay Alfano (Hauppauge) Hofstra
Blue: Michaela Aymong (Northport) Richmond
Blue: 2013 Maggie Bill ( St Anthony’s) UNC
Blue: Katie Boden (Shoreham) UMass
Blue: Paige Bonomi (Northport) USC
Blue: Courtney Boyd (Locust Valley) Louisville
Gold: Meghan Breen (sacred Heart) UMass
Blue: Alexandra Bruno (Garden City) Princeton
Gold: Danielle Cox (Cold Spring) Franklin&Marshall
Blue: Nicole Dangellis ( Smithtown East) Yale
East: Dene Demartino (Eastport) Hopkins
Blue: Caroline Delyra (Bayshore) USC
Blue: Catherine Dickinson (Garden City) UPenn
Green: Annie Dodge (Northport) Siena
Blue: Christina Esposito (West Babylon) Northwestern
Blue: Alyssa Ferro (North Babylon) Towson
Blue: Jenna Fuchs (Garden City) Fairfield
Gold; Julide Giray (Hauppauge) Binghamton
Green: Meghan Gulmi (Syosset) Cinncinati
Gold: Meaghan Kollmeier (Northport) UMASS
Green/Gold: Emily Lucas (Island Trees) Monmouth
Blue: Emily Maier (Sayville) High Point
Blue/Gold: Megan McDonald (Garden City) Georgetown
Blue: Darcy Messina (St Anthonys) Florida
Blue: Stephanie Peragallo (Hauppauge) Notre Dame
Blue: Taylor Rantfle (Hauppauge) UVA
Gold: Christine Rienzo (Hauppauge) Siena
Gold: Diane Rienzo (Hauppauge) Siena
Gold: Ali Rodgers (Baldwin) Binghamtom
Blue: Maddy Sivilli (Glenn) Davidson
Blue/Gold: Kelly Anne Sherlock (Cold Spring) Yale
Gold: Erica Sklar (Friends) Villanova
Gold; Mary Pat Theofield (Northport) UMass
Gold: Jenna Vinci (Hauppauge) Binghamton
Gold/Blue: Colleen Wright (Huntington) Iona
Green: Marina Venezia (Mt Sinai) Lehigh

Based on this, why would a player accept a spot on any team beside blue or gold?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have u read 2011 list all green kids are
Done too! This is just the beginning of
2012 recruits? Where are the other club teams
List would like to compare them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR always plays to win!! She will play
For the W not the M!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think the YJ are the only kids who end up playing at good schools? They are not. Sure the YJ list is impressive and they are a great club, and they also have 3 or 4 teams per grade. More players, more players playing in college.

http://www.libertylax.com/alumni/ this is a list for the Liberty, a smaller club than the Yellow Jackets but many of the girls will be playing on the same teams. I am sure the same could be said for girls on the Express or other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is an alumni list not a 2012 list
Show us the 2012 list . They dont have anything compared.
YJ may have most in the state!!
At least YJ kids go early and have piece of mind. Over half of
3 teams completed before they played there junior year. Odds are better with this club. Yes other clubs have kids signing but not nearly as many doing as well as early.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not taking any sides here, but just honestly would like to know the pros/cons of verbally committing early. Do kids who commit as juniors take their SATs early and know what financial aid they are going to get? I am also curious about the 2013 player, i thought kids couldn't be contacted before the junior year. Again, not judging or anything, I am just trying to figure the whole process out. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not taking any sides here, but just honestly would like to know the pros/cons of verbally committing early. Do kids who commit as juniors take their SATs early and know what financial aid they are going to get? I am also curious about the 2013 player, i thought kids couldn't be contacted before the junior year. Again, not judging or anything, I am just trying to figure the whole process out. Thanks.
All verbal commitments for juniors are subject to both Board Score approval (SAT, ACT, and/or SAT II at some schools) and continued academic success (GPA) in senior year.

A junior year verbal commitment can come along with either a PSAT score as an indication of expected performance or a late sophomore/early junior year sitting for the SAT. This is not a requirement for a verbal commitment or roster spot offer, but it can help your case and ease the college coach's concerns.

Financial aid is not discussed as yet although expecations for an athletic scholarships might have been covered. Here, a college coach will bid low (perhaps 0.25 scholarship) with incrementally more money added at signing time based on the college's full year financial picture.

As for the NCAA Rules and Regulations, these are covered on the College Board here on BOTC and specifically state that while a college coach cannot call a recruit in their junior year, the student-athlete can call the coach and engage in a conversation.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Please see the BOTC College Forum's NCAA Rules and Regulations thread for more detailed information on recruitment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The cons are she may want to change her mind later but really can't, or the coach leaves or the athlete is unable to reach the class rank and SAT benchmarks outlined by the coach. The pros are to put the time, energy and scheduling distraction behind her.

Parents or coaches can contact colleges to set up campus visits with coaches. Coaches will have better success. The 2013 played three sports and was injured so she used the time she wouldn't have later to take the visits then. A narrow criteria made an early decision easier in her case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, I know a player who played YJ blue. While there is recruiting going on with out Elite services there is a catch. If you pay the service your playing time increases greatly. So, no, you do not have to pay the fee for Elite services but if you do not, will you play? It is a business.
Do you honestly believe that the Yellow Jackets coaches are thinking about who registered for the elite recruiting services when they are doing on-field substitutions? There is no bias brought to the field. The key point is whether the parents want to do more of the recruiting work or have someone else handle the college communications for their child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would wait until she can become a yellow jacket. waiting the extra year will save you money and give your daughter the year to prep for a very competitive summer. it is a lot of traveling and a huge comittment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you honestly believe that the Yellow Jackets coaches are thinking about who registered for the elite recruiting services when they are doing on-field substitutions? There is no bias brought to the field. The key point is whether the parents want to do more of the recruiting work or have someone else handle the college communications for their child.

Absolutely, no doubt!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Absolutely, no doubt!!!

Agreed. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well looks like they are all playing and committting still better off with them!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You do know that players from other organizations go on to successful college lacrosse careers, right? Everybody goes to the same showcases. Not everyone wants to play for Northwestern. There are plenty of college teams out there, room for everyone, not just YJ players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter played for the yellow jackets and i did not pay a recruitment fee and anytime there was a college coach at a tournament looking at her she was played and is now signed d1 20,000 dollar scholarship thanks to coach rose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter played for the yellow jackets and i did not pay a recruitment fee and anytime there was a college coach at a tournament looking at her she was played and is now signed d1 20,000 dollar scholarship thanks to coach rose.

Nice, but if you played YJ from 6th grade on like some of these current
maniacs you probably paid 25k all in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 2 daughters in the YJ program and I would not change a thing! They have had wonderful summers playing for their team.We met wonderful people threw out the country. We have made incredible friendships that will last a lifetime.
It was worth every penny!

The only thing I would like to change is the traffic on the NJ Tpk.
Go Yellow Jackets!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I have 2 daughters in the YJ program and I would not change a thing! They have had wonderful summers playing for their team.We met wonderful people threw out the country. We have made incredible friendships that will last a lifetime.

Go Yellow Jackets!

Look at the 3 Suffolk County teams playing in the playoffs Saturday, I would bet that 99% of the best players of those 3 teams play for Yellow Jackets. That should tell you something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice, but if you played YJ from 6th grade on like some of these current
maniacs you probably paid 25k all in.

Your right...and if I sent my kids to summer camp($5000/kid per year) or any other travel sports team it would have been the same. I have to do something with them over the summer to keep them busy.
We got to spend our summer together as a family traveling up and down the east coast. My kids got to play some great lacrosse and we had great times.
So $25,000 for 2 kids to be busy for 6 years sound cheap to me.

If my girls wind up getting into schools they would not have gotten into without lax....Yaaahooooo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anyone is having their children play travel sports because you think that your kids are going to get scholarships you are doing it for the WRONG reasons.
They all cost a lot of money and you will be lucky if you break even.

I will tell you from doing it for years that if your children loves playing and you can afford it, it is all worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I have 2 daughters in the YJ program and I would not change a thing! They have had wonderful summers playing for their team.We met wonderful people threw out the country. We have made incredible friendships that will last a lifetime.

Go Yellow Jackets!

Look at the 3 Suffolk County teams playing in the playoffs Saturday, I would bet that 99% of the best players of those 3 teams play for Yellow Jackets. That should tell you something.

It tells me a lot....and I bet if you asked anyone of those kids or their parents they did not regret a minute of being on YJ. ( my daughters we on one of those Suffolk teams)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go Yellow Jackets!

It tells me a lot....and I bet if you asked anyone of those kids or their parents they did not regret a minute of being on YJ. ( my daughters we on one of those Suffolk teams)

Your kids must play for blue...and yes most of the nrthprt girls play for blue too. Maybe the blue parents should pay more, after all they get more tournament opportunities and more practices. The other teams simple support blue. Think about it.The better blue does the more recruitments, the more amazing yj looks, the more kids want to play for YJ, the more seperate and unequal teams, the more money for the directors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who does your daughter play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue teams are very clicky..... Not nice to the rest of the club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i know girls who play on gold teams for yj and have blast. they practice just as much as the blue team does along with the other teams. all of the teams are coached my high school coache or better and have college players as assistants. recruiting wise, the gold team players can go to just as good colleges as the blue teams, they get just as much looks. just look on the yj homepage for proof

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i know girls who play on gold teams for yj and have blast. they practice just as much as the blue team does along with the other teams. all of the teams are coached my high school coache or better and have college players as assistants. recruiting wise, the gold team players can go to just as good colleges as the blue teams, they get just as much looks. just look on the yj homepage for proof

Agreed. Don't get caught up in Blue, Gold , green pink etc. Is your daughter happy? that is the question. For the person who said "Blue is Clicky" that is rediculous. i have 2 daughters that play on different Blue teams, 1 team is not clicky at all and the other a little clicky. So what? that can happen om any team. They are teenage girls!!!!! My advice to you is support your daughter, make sure SHE is happy and don't worry so much about how YOU feel about it!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue teams are very clicky..... Not nice to the rest of the club

NOT TRUE!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the website. Look through all classes. You will see inequlaity. The lower teams get less opportunities but pay the same money. You can argue all you want but its on the website. How can the girls on lower teams get better when they are given less playing time? Two tournaments can equal up to 10 less games. That is a lot of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the website. Look through all classes. You will see inequlaity. The lower teams get less opportunities but pay the same money. You can argue all you want but its on the website. How can the girls on lower teams get better when they are given less playing time? Two tournaments can equal up to 10 less games. That is a lot of time.

There is no "inequality"!. Did it ever occur to you that the kids on the green and black teams may not be as gifted and talented? No one is ignoring them!Many of them go on to play D2 or 3 and have a great time doing it.Not everyone is going to be able to play big time D1 no matter how much they play or how great the coaching is! As far as those kids getting ripped off, the yellow jackets pay structure is a sign up fee, then you pay per tournament. If you have less tournaments,you pay less money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no "inequality"!. Did it ever occur to you that the kids on the green and black teams may not be as gifted and talented? No one is ignoring them!Many of them go on to play D2 or 3 and have a great time doing it.Not everyone is going to be able to play big time D1 no matter how much they play or how great the coaching is! As far as those kids getting ripped off, the yellow jackets pay structure is a sign up fee, then you pay per tournament. If you have less tournaments,you pay less money!

what about red? are they gifted and talented? can you tell who is gifted and talented in 2hrs? really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what about red? are they gifted and talented? can you tell who is gifted and talented in 2hrs? really?

The 2 hr tryout out is for placement. Do kids fall through the cracks? absolutely. My daughter was one of them! If the kid belongs on a different team they will eventually get there. My daughter did and so have many others. Look at the rosters from year to year, they change a lot. In fact many girls move during the season if it is warranted and there is a need. As far as the Red team, from what I heard they asked to stay together because they were all from the east end! If you are happy with your club there is no need to bash another. That includes YJ parents. Enjoy the summer and the competition!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2 hr tryout out is for placement. Do kids fall through the cracks? absolutely. My daughter was one of them! If the kid belongs on a different team they will eventually get there. My daughter did and so have many others. Look at the rosters from year to year, they change a lot. In fact many girls move during the season if it is warranted and there is a need. As far as the Red team, from what I heard they asked to stay together because they were all from the east end! If you are happy with your club there is no need to bash another. That includes YJ parents. Enjoy the summer and the competition!

my daughter is on red and not from the east end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a little disappointed that I haven't heard anything from my daughters coach regarding this upcoming weekend. In fact we have only had one email from her thus far, and I have no parent contact info. We are new and it would be nice to know where the other girls are staying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Email her her, most times families are on their own. Only get together at games. Have fun!

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 327 1 2 3 4 5 6 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard