BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 86 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That sounds like the same story you are going to hear at any club for any sport anywhere in the USA. Madlax has no dads as coaches. You might think a kid is better or worse then they think he is but how does it help them to play a worse kid over a better kid. They get more money and better kids when they win. So why would they do anything that would not help them win. You can disagree with what kid is better or not but I think they just disagree with your opinion.

That seems like a fair point. Having said that, everyone knows who the better players are, and when recruiting started last year, some of the better players (only some) got edged out and it was weird. They took the hint and left I guess.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should a father who is well qualified to coach be limited because his son is a good player. The whole thing seems silly to me, you want the best coach in place regardless of his off spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should a father who is well qualified to coach be limited because his son is a good player. The whole thing seems silly to me, you want the best coach in place regardless of his off spring.

As a father of three and a coach of them all at times. When the S- - - hits the fan I am a Dad first and most fathers will tell you that also if they are being truthful. Yes it can work if the coaches son is a 100% stud. But if he is not the best by a long shot it is almost impossible to be done fairly. And when you have a dad coach he is also friends with the other parents witch causes him to keep a kid who should be cut or some form of this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if this is the right forum but I am looking for feedback on the Blackwolf combines for U11 and U13 kids... They had a couple of dates in June - did anyone send their son and if so what did they think about it? Any thoughts welcome. I am trying to decide if it would make sense to send my son to the August combines. Thanks.

Well I would say if your son is a star on Madlax now Blackwolf is a smart thing to check out. Its the only club leaving Madlax for makes sense. But be ready for a bad email I hope you can handle the evil owner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son had a rec coach for 5 years who had a son on the team. It was never a problem and there was never any hint of favoritism toward his kid. So it can be done. it was a well-coached and very competitive team too, winning back-to-back championships.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sounds like the same story you are going to hear at any club for any sport anywhere in the USA. Madlax has no dads as coaches. You might think a kid is better or worse then they think he is but how does it help them to play a worse kid over a better kid. They get more money and better kids when they win. So why would they do anything that would not help them win. You can disagree with what kid is better or not but I think they just disagree with your opinion.

That seems like a fair point. Having said that, everyone knows who the better players are, and when recruiting started last year, some of the better players (only some) got edged out and it was weird. They took the hint and left I guess.

So I am guessing you are 2019 or older. If you are 2019 they have 2 kids already going D1 and the 2018 team has 5 or 6 I have to recount. Coaches are still coaches and they have players and styles of play they like more then others. I know with 2019 one of the kids is a private school kid and the other is public. And if you look at the Private schools the kids go to they seem to be from all of the ones in the area.
The only way to know if you are correct is if the kids who left go play for and get full rides and the ones that are still at Madlax do not. The best way to look at it is to take the best 5 players in the country any year at any position and the top 10 teams in college will have them ranked in 10 different orders. So the Madlax coaches will be the same. I have been watching the top teams within Madlax and the other top teams for years. And the players are always so close in skill level its nuts. But what you have to understand is the college coaches want body types and speed levels. So if a kid has a weaker left hand but runs a 4.2 40 yard dash. He might be playing more then your slow highly skilled son. Madlax has to look long picture also. They have to think like a college coach. Same thing goes for your high skill son of two 5 foot tall parents. You can not have it both ways Madlax is about winning and having the best players. They will use this rule to break all ties when it comes to playing time and cuts. They cut kids from all the top Private schools all the time. And I know they cut kids who have parents that could buy Madlax twice and not even blink.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son had a rec coach for 5 years who had a son on the team. It was never a problem and there was never any hint of favoritism toward his kid. So it can be done. it was a well-coached and very competitive team too, winning back-to-back championships.

Ok but no matter what its not a good look for anyone coming in to the program from the outside. Even if it works you will never know how many kids never came because they new there was a Dad coaching. And perception is reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if this is the right forum but I am looking for feedback on the Blackwolf combines for U11 and U13 kids... They had a couple of dates in June - did anyone send their son and if so what did they think about it? Any thoughts welcome. I am trying to decide if it would make sense to send my son to the August combines. Thanks.

Well I would say if your son is a star on Madlax now Blackwolf is a smart thing to check out. Its the only club leaving Madlax for makes sense. But be ready for a bad email I hope you can handle the evil owner.

My son is not on Madlax. He is 9 and although he is pretty fast and skilled, I am wondering if he is too small/young for the combine which is for U11 and 113 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I am guessing you are 2019 or older. If you are 2019 they have 2 kids already going D1 and the 2018 team has 5 or 6 I have to recount. Coaches are still coaches and they have players and styles of play they like more then others. I know with 2019 one of the kids is a private school kid and the other is public. And if you look at the Private schools the kids go to they seem to be from all of the ones in the area.
The only way to know if you are correct is if the kids who left go play for and get full rides and the ones that are still at Madlax do not. The best way to look at it is to take the best 5 players in the country any year at any position and the top 10 teams in college will have them ranked in 10 different orders. So the Madlax coaches will be the same. I have been watching the top teams within Madlax and the other top teams for years. And the players are always so close in skill level its nuts. But what you have to understand is the college coaches want body types and speed levels. So if a kid has a weaker left hand but runs a 4.2 40 yard dash. He might be playing more then your slow highly skilled son. Madlax has to look long picture also. They have to think like a college coach. Same thing goes for your high skill son of two 5 foot tall parents. You can not have it both ways Madlax is about winning and having the best players. They will use this rule to break all ties when it comes to playing time and cuts. They cut kids from all the top Private schools all the time. And I know they cut kids who have parents that could buy Madlax twice and not even blink.

I think two of the kids that left have committed to D1 schools so they were legit. players. The madlax team is stacked with talent and so it was probably best for those kids to go somewhere else to be seen and recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA was a made up team of all commits. Coach had no bearing. Best teams would be at these tournaments if the players were the proper age. Usually not the case. That's why these all star teams get made!
A non parent coach will fulfill their obligation to get paid. A parent coach will give you more of an effort and do their best to put own kid in a good spot. If you get a dedicated, capable, qualified parent coach, you are in best scenario.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends on the particular grade. Madlax gets the kids at a younger age and they hold the families hostage with that credit card system, so their youth teams are usually better than everyone. But it evens out in HS where kids are looking for the best situation for themselves. In HS, both Blackwolf and VLC have been the better HS club in recent years.

Madlax also has a lot of turnover among their coaches, several of whom have been kicked out of tournaments for lunatic behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabell Maddox is the most crass and classless sideline coach I have ever seen in youth sports, period. And I don't have a hearing problem. He is a sociopath. To reason that we could compartmentalize that behavior only in emails and only at "studs" who leave the program -- as opposed to losers who leave I suppose -- is really pretty disturbing to hear from any parent.

You must be the most soft man I have ever heard. What else hurts your feelings? Are you a kindergarten teacher?

I don't think he's saying his feelings are hurt. I think he's saying the leader of the organization to which you write all your checks and whose uniform your son wears is a complete a**clown.

And I and most any Madlax parents knows he is and can be a hot head. We just know the clearly bad parts about him and the club are not greater then the many great to good parts the club gives them. I am on the inside the only bad part for anyone is when you leave the club to go play for a rival club. He acts like a big child and fool. But when you are playing for him and the club everything is great. So if you are leaving why would you care if he is mad at you. The other coaches in the program are all great. And the two kids who really run the place are and the teams are really good guys who hate when he acts like a fool. So that is why I call people babies who are scared he might yell at you in a email when you leave the club. As for him yelling at the kids on the sideline that is so over blown its crazy. He yells yes but is direct and has a good point when he yells at a kid. I have not one problem with how he handles the sidelines. He does not baby the star players like these other club coaches do. On the sideline during the game that is. He and Madlax are not for everyone but I cant let people just bad mouth him and the club for other reasons. Like I have said before there are things you can talk bad about but over blowing things is just girl stuff.

I have to call a little BS on this. My son played for ML for years, and not all of his coaches were good. Cabell is a pretty good sideline coach, and my son liked playing for him. But when Cabell changed to coach another age group there was a big drop off in coaching. The new coach had clear favorites and would become belligerent if the kids did not run the play he called (odd, since improvising is a part of lax IQ).

Cabell cares only about his club. If the interests of the club overlap with the interests of your child, he is a friend and all are happy. If those interests diverge, he finds it ridiculous that you would choose your child's bests interests over his club, and he becomes a vindictive SOB in response. As to why should you care when you are leaving; simple, he goes out of his way to trash you, and nobody deserves that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I and most any Madlax parents knows he is and can be a hot head. We just know the clearly bad parts about him and the club are not greater then the many great to good parts the club gives them. I am on the inside the only bad part for anyone is when you leave the club to go play for a rival club. He acts like a big child and fool. But when you are playing for him and the club everything is great. So if you are leaving why would you care if he is mad at you. The other coaches in the program are all great. And the two kids who really run the place are and the teams are really good guys who hate when he acts like a fool. So that is why I call people babies who are scared he might yell at you in a email when you leave the club. As for him yelling at the kids on the sideline that is so over blown its crazy. He yells yes but is direct and has a good point when he yells at a kid. I have not one problem with how he handles the sidelines. He does not baby the star players like these other club coaches do. On the sideline during the game that is. He and Madlax are not for everyone but I cant let people just bad mouth him and the club for other reasons. Like I have said before there are things you can talk bad about but over blowing things is just girl stuff.

1. How are you on the "inside"? Please explain

2. Several of the coaches are terrible and have been kicked out of games for their behavior

3. You are basically saying it's ok if he threatens people who leave as long as it's not you. That may be excusable in your house, but not in mine. There are other clubs that are better or as good when it comes to teaching kids lacrosse or getting them into college programs than Madlax, so we were happy to leave Madlax next year. Talking to some other dads, there are several from his former team who are going to do the same thing this fall.

4. You say other clubs "baby" their star players. Please tell us which clubs and which players are being babied.

5. If Madlax works for you, that's fine. But people are allowed to share their negative experiences with that guy and that club. People have a right to call him out for his behavior. People are allowed to talk about how he gouges people for money and goes after their credit card if they decide to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a father of three and a coach of them all at times. When the S- - - hits the fan I am a Dad first and most fathers will tell you that also if they are being truthful. Yes it can work if the coaches son is a 100% stud. But if he is not the best by a long shot it is almost impossible to be done fairly. And when you have a dad coach he is also friends with the other parents witch causes him to keep a kid who should be cut or some form of this.

What you describe is not a qualified coach, I said qualified coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said --I think that sums it up nicely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure what was summed up, other than that the father of three shouldn't have been given a whistle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cabell cares only about his club. If the interests of the club overlap with the interests of your child, he is a friend and all are happy. If those interests diverge, he finds it ridiculous that you would choose your child's bests interests over his club, and he becomes a vindictive SOB in response. As to why should you care when you are leaving; simple, he goes out of his way to trash you, and nobody deserves that.

Well said - I think that sums it up nicely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure what was summed up, other than that the father of three shouldn't have been given a whistle.

So lets list things that happen when a Dad is the coach or lest say things that will never happen.
1. The Dad/coaches kid never will be cut no matter if he is the 24th best player on the team.
2. The Dads kid will never be forgotten in a close game and get no playing time.
3. The Dads kid will be given way to much freedom to be a fool, or will be called out unfairly to make a point to the other players and the kid will hate playing.
4. The Dads kid will have private information about his teammates because he will over hear or read something.
This is just 4 examples I thought of in 3 mins. I am sure there is more. And if you go back and read what I said I said a great Coach/Dad will always revert back to Dad when the S*** hits the fan. Like when its time to cut or not cut his kid. Or when his kid is fighting with a teammate. Or when the game is in overtime and he needs to put his sons butt on the line to make a play. His judgement will always be clouded by one of th players being his son. And if you are parent you should be able to understand that. Also I stated that if the coaches kid is a stud the Dad can be the coach more successfully. But if the kid is avg. to not good. It is nearly impossible to be pulled off well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So lets list things that happen when a Dad is the coach or lest say things that will never happen.
1. The Dad/coaches kid never will be cut no matter if he is the 24th best player on the team.
2. The Dads kid will never be forgotten in a close game and get no playing time.
3. The Dads kid will be given way to much freedom to be a fool, or will be called out unfairly to make a point to the other players and the kid will hate playing.
4. The Dads kid will have private information about his teammates because he will over hear or read something.
This is just 4 examples I thought of in 3 mins. I am sure there is more. And if you go back and read what I said I said a great Coach/Dad will always revert back to Dad when the S*** hits the fan. Like when its time to cut or not cut his kid. Or when his kid is fighting with a teammate. Or when the game is in overtime and he needs to put his sons butt on the line to make a play. His judgement will always be clouded by one of th players being his son. And if you are parent you should be able to understand that. Also I stated that if the coaches kid is a stud the Dad can be the coach more successfully. But if the kid is avg. to not good. It is nearly impossible to be pulled off well.

Once again, I said qualified coach and you keep describing someone who is not a qualified coach. A qualified coach is among other things, a person who puts the well being of the team ahead of any single team member including his child. The person you keep describing is not what I am talking about. There is a difference between daddy ball and having father's coach. I have benched my sons when others were better than them and yes I have cut my son, it was a quiet drive home, but it was the right thing to do. In your words that makes me a bad Dad, but I think just the opposite, showing him that he had to earn his spot and role was a lesson that a father had to teach his son. As I said it can be done if the coach is qualified.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^

I'm a volunteer Dad coach and think all the above criticisms are fair. And, yes, it helps when your son is an unselfish stud, but doesn't help when he rolls his eyes now and then at the HC (like any son would). I've seen teams ruined - I mean good teams ruined - by daddyball.

I'd love to hand the keys to my team over to a professional coach. In the meanwhile, it's not much fun being a Dad coach when you have to cut a neighbor's kid after tryouts or when your team lays an egg on the field (and you wonder what the heck would a 'real' coach have done to avoid that). Obviously, the fun part is working hard to put your players through good drills at practice and watching your team improve on the field and bond together happily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you've detailed some of the reasons being a parent coach is so difficult. Kudos to the many that do it well and for the betterment of all kids on their teams. I would add to the list the sideline parents who are only interested in the success & playing time of their own kid. And who over value their own kids skill. This sport is really expensive. Every team or program can;t afford to pay for professional coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you've detailed some of the reasons being a parent coach is so difficult. Kudos to the many that do it well and for the betterment of all kids on their teams. I would add to the list the sideline parents who are only interested in the success & playing time of their own kid. And who over value their own kids skill. This sport is really expensive. Every team or program can;t afford to pay for professional coaching.

Well I understand 100% with the money part. But when someone stats how much more money Madlax is to play for it needs to be pointed out that the paid coaches is what most of the extra goes to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is a for profit company. The extra charges do not go into their coaches' pockets. Take a guess where the extra goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The extra money at madlax goes to more practices, more tourneys, etc. It is a good organization with a good product. It is much more expensive than any other club I know of, but it delivers across the board if your rec situation is unacceptable for whatever reason. The drawback is the end game of being in that organization and the fact that if there is a problem, then things can get pretty darn uncomfortable pretty darn fast. There is no other club in nova that delivers a stand alone lax club. The others are all designed to be coupled with playing rec. For youth, VLC is the only one that even comes close in nova, but it's just a different product at the youth level...not a full service program. Madlax seems to have an issue at the HS level and therein lies the rub for many. VLC and Blackwolf are generally superior programs at the HS level. It will be interesting in the coming years with Blackwolf entering the youth market and madlax trying to create a Md version of themselves. 2019 and 2020 year groups could be the canary in the coal mine for one of these clubs. Maddox is a sharp business guy, Trig is a smart guy and a lax guru, and VLC is well run with Crab connections and always seems to get things together consistently. The next year or two will be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is a for profit company. The extra charges do not go into their coaches' pockets. Take a guess where the extra goes.

The coaches get paid what a public high school coach makes per season. If not more. And the 2 guys under the Owner get paid a salary around what a teacher makes. As for a owner taking profits that is what owners do. And like what has been stated before when things are for profit you know the motivation is always winning and having better players. Which is better then always thinking this guy is friends with this guy and this school and that club and any of the other issues you worry about when its all for "the Good of Kids".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The extra money at madlax goes to more practices, more tourneys, etc. It is a good organization with a good product. It is much more expensive than any other club I know of, but it delivers across the board if your rec situation is unacceptable for whatever reason. The drawback is the end game of being in that organization and the fact that if there is a problem, then things can get pretty darn uncomfortable pretty darn fast. There is no other club in nova that delivers a stand alone lax club. The others are all designed to be coupled with playing rec. For youth, VLC is the only one that even comes close in nova, but it's just a different product at the youth level...not a full service program. Madlax seems to have an issue at the HS level and therein lies the rub for many. VLC and Blackwolf are generally superior programs at the HS level. It will be interesting in the coming years with Blackwolf entering the youth market and madlax trying to create a Md version of themselves. 2019 and 2020 year groups could be the canary in the coal mine for one of these clubs. Maddox is a sharp business guy, Trig is a smart guy and a lax guru, and VLC is well run with Crab connections and always seems to get things together consistently. The next year or two will be interesting.

I agree with this post 100%. And these 3 clubs are the top 3 in the Nova area. The talent level in Nova is at a point now that if the best 60 players at each grad year play for these 3 top teams every kid will be find and have a shot at there top goals of college ball. So my advise is try to play for any of these 3, any other option in the NOVA is more for fun /something to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We understand your motivation to put the local clubs on equal footing, but it doesn't match the reality that Madlax is collectively a top 5 club in nation and the other 2 have part time approach and serious deficiencies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We understand your motivation to put the local clubs on equal footing, but it doesn't match the reality that Madlax is collectively a top 5 club in nation and the other 2 have part time approach and serious deficiencies

I really would not argue with that but what if you are the 26 best player in the state. I think you want a good team to play for. I think good players will be found by the right people as long as they are in the right places. These 3 clubs put the kids in the correct places. You can argue witch one does the best. But you can not assume its best for all top 60 to be on Madlax. If you are 2nd best Goalie in the state and the best plays for Madlax. Common sense says you should play for Blackworlf or VLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really would not argue with that but what if you are the 26 best player in the state. I think you want a good team to play for. I think good players will be found by the right people as long as they are in the right places. These 3 clubs put the kids in the correct places. You can argue witch one does the best. But you can not assume its best for all top 60 to be on Madlax. If you are 2nd best Goalie in the state and the best plays for Madlax. Common sense says you should play for Blackworlf or VLC.

In most cases, the 2nd best goalie in the state would still play a half of a game regardless of what club he plays for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In most cases, the 2nd best goalie in the state would still play a half of a game regardless of what club he plays for

How would that be the best option for a goalie the is half the playing time. And i am sure if its a championship game he will sit the complete game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your son plays for Madlax. We get it.

You keep saying the same things but they're not true. Both BW and VLC have great HS teams and actually have more college commits.

There's no reason to keep belittling and making things up about other clubs just to boost your opinion of Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it OK for my kid to play for a lesser club team and just have fun? (commenter ducks for cover under the desk as all the parents of these MLL stars are ready to give me advise or demean my sons, LOL)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would that be the best option for a goalie the is half the playing time. And i am sure if its a championship game he will sit the complete game.

Basically every summer tournament game I've ever seen in the past ten years splits time between two goalies. He's probably gonna split somewhere, you are right a very few teams might sit a goalie in a championship game, but if you have the 2 best goalies in the state I seriously doubt a coach would do that. The 1st, 2nd or 46th best goalie in the state should choose a program that will give him individual goalie work during practice and during skill sessions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your son plays for Madlax. We get it.

You keep saying the same things but they're not true. Both BW and VLC have great HS teams and actually have more college commits.

There's no reason to keep belittling and making things up about other clubs just to boost your opinion of Madlax.

Well feel free to list them because this information is public so it should be able to be posted on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it OK for my kid to play for a lesser club team and just have fun? (commenter ducks for cover under the desk as all the parents of these MLL stars are ready to give me advise or demean my sons, LOL)

No on said its bad to play for a lesser club for fun. But if your son is in the top 60 players for the NOVA area its not really helping him to be the best he can be. And the funny thing is people always assume that the kids have no fun on the top teams. Why is this, kids have fun being with kids no mater how many games they play or where they play. And winning games is always more fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand how you can say VLC & Blackwolf HS teams are better than Madlax. Don't know a lot about the Blackwolf 2016 - 19 teams but do know that the Maclax 2016 team beat them at the UA shootout this summer. As for the. VLC HS teams, I do know a little about those teams since I have several friends that have a son who played or are currently playing for either VLC 2016, 2017& 2018, 2016 & 18 are weak for a AA team - no doubt about it. 2017 lost a couple of studs but are still pretty good. However, I don't believe they could beat the Madlax 2017 team which won the IL recruiting tourney this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the statement about Blackwolf being a 'partial approach' mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand how you can say VLC & Blackwolf HS teams are better than Madlax. Don't know a lot about the Blackwolf 2016 - 19 teams but do know that the Maclax 2016 team beat them at the UA shootout this summer. As for the. VLC HS teams, I do know a little about those teams since I have several friends that have a son who played or are currently playing for either VLC 2016, 2017& 2018, 2016 & 18 are weak for a AA team - no doubt about it. 2017 lost a couple of studs but are still pretty good. However, I don't believe they could beat the Madlax 2017 team which won the IL recruiting tourney this summer.

VLC and Blackwolf historically have had more D1 commits....obviously the landscape is changing with madlax 2019. At VLC and Blackwolf, the priority has been for HS and not youth. This is changing as well. Things will be interesting for the 2019/2020 kids and beyond because of the changing landscape.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the statement about Blackwolf being a 'partial approach' mean?

Well BlackWolf takes kids from other clubs who are all ready being recruited hard. And gives them a option of less tournaments and more practice. Witch is fine for kids in this senerio. But if you are still working to be seen its not a good option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC shouldn't even be in the conversation. They have one top 10 team. The rest are mediocre at best.

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 86 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard