Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 01:14 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 12:55 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 12:38 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 12:21 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 12:05 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,366
Posts291,306
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 116 1 2 3 4 5 115 116
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
Anonymous #128995 08/06/15 09:42 PM
T
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
T
Lets be honest, sports is about winning and losing. If your unhappy your child doesn't play enough work harder. I too am tired of everyone bashing this wonderful sport that I played in over the 30 years ago. If you want a trophy for showing up play for Obama and the liberals. Working hard will make you better and prepare you for life. That's it!!!

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Tycotian #129005 08/07/15 07:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Tycotian
Lets be honest, sports is about winning and losing. If your unhappy your child doesn't play enough work harder. I too am tired of everyone bashing this wonderful sport that I played in over the 30 years ago. If you want a trophy for showing up play for Obama and the liberals. Working hard will make you better and prepare you for life. That's it!!!
Its all about winning and losing ? BS, when I throw equipment on and bring my relic of stick out once on a while to play in an over 40 game its not to win

Tycotian #129007 08/07/15 07:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is a lesson in life, my kid driving home after one game, and
Said to me that he is better then some of the kids that
Play more then him. I told him your right, but I told him just like at my job
Some people are very friendly with the boss/coach. So he gives them more pppporunity.
He works hard it's my wife and I that have to suck up more.
That is sad, and what people are sick of doing.nr7

B_O_T_C #129008 08/07/15 07:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Mr. Trump. Your comments sort of make my point.

No one is bashing lacrosse. Its a great sport- maybe the best.

What I and others are bashing, are the elements that are making it less of a game and more of an occupation. Can the travel experience be good- of course it can. Many of you have detailed that. However, increasingly it is NOT a good experience. The tide is turning, and doing so due to some peoples' recognition that they can make alot of money selling D1 hope. That cancer trickles down to all levels of lacrosse.

Their certainly is a market for B teams, for kids who want to play. Problem is, no parent on the B team doesnt want their kid on the A team, so there is no place for a kid to avoid the insanity.

B_O_T_C #129010 08/07/15 08:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the absolute worst situation are the B level teams that aspire to be AA. I have never seen a B level coach who was happy at B. They all want a seat at the table. They all want to think their kid has a chance at D1, and therefore must play on an AA team. Just work harder. Play more. Toughen up. Shake off the conwebs and get back in there. See where I am going with this...

Reality- most kids who play D1 have natural ability that is uncommon. Its not enough to get them to D1, but too many parents in this scene think their kid has the talent and just needs to play more, work harder and buy into the travel
Mess.

Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #129030 08/07/15 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a delicate balance as to playing time. I've got one son who got minimal playing time for a couple years. He was OK with it, because he loved the team and thought the three guys ahead of him were better. What got tougher was after he had a breakout school season and then did well as a guest player for another program (at a sibling's tournament). Still saw himself behind those 3 guys, but not really behind some new kids added for seemingly money or political reasons. I'm a 2021 coach and I think it's important for parents to tell their kids to work harder and implement what the coaches tell them if they want to play more, not sympathize with their kids wanting to play more. But obviously every situation is different and if - trying to be as objective as possible - you think the coach is not allocating PT for the best interest of the team, find a coach whose motivations you trust.

Not sure I understand the comments above regarding B teams. I think it's foolish, of course, to think you have D1 material at the 2021 level and, much worse, it's horribly dangerous to send a kid back into the game that might have a concussion.

That said, it's a good thing to play teams a level up from you now and then. Ideally, I think you play a team you can "run with" even if the score ends up 10-3. You have so many teaching points at practice the next week. And, yes, you tell the kids they need to work harder on their stick skills and in practice if they want to play at a higher level. Of course better teams are more athletic, but better teams also invariably have better stick skills and even B players can raise their stick skills to an A level through hard work. And making that "one more" pass or passing when you draw the slide or moving the ball quickly to the backside are all things B players can learn, even though B "teams" don't do those things (at 2021). Especially from outside Md and NY, your team may think they are hot stuff, but they can't even beat a B team from LI. With hard work, I think teams can step it up a notch every season, though I agree you aren't going to get to AA without high level coaching and AA and A athletes - hard-working B players fall apart against AA players.

B_O_T_C #129033 08/07/15 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suggestion to the mods. If possible, make this a different thread since it's good conversation and is buried under the boys 2021 thread, and just start a new 2021 thread.

Anonymous #129034 08/07/15 10:22 AM
B
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Suggestion to the mods. If possible, make this a different thread since it's good conversation and is buried under the boys 2021 thread, and just start a new 2021 thread.

I am not sure why this thread will not suffice.

Anonymous #129085 08/07/15 02:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Mr. Trump. Your comments sort of make my point.

What I and others are bashing, are the elements that are making it less of a game and more of an occupation. Can the travel experience be good- of course it can. Many of you have detailed that. However, increasingly it is NOT a good experience. The tide is turning, and doing so due to some peoples' recognition that they can make alot of money selling D1 hope. That cancer trickles down to all levels of lacrosse.

Their certainly is a market for B teams, for kids who want to play. Problem is, no parent on the B team doesnt want their kid on the A team, so there is no place for a kid to avoid the insanity.

What you describe is bad parenting not a problem with travel lacrosse. If you want to be on an A or especially an AA team expect year round commitment. Expect playing time based on ability and performance and expect, if your son is not one of the top performers to be upset with the playing time and the turnpike and the splitting of the bill at a team dinner.
If your son is a "B" player, let him play appropriate level lacrosse with less traveling and more even playing time. If your son is a sstud and you are not happy with the over the top commitment for a top team, play on a different team and be a stud. Just don't be upset when all your teammates are not equal caliber players.
Just being good enough to make the top team does not mean you need to play for that team. Find your happy spot and play there. You may not be able to have your cake and eat it too. You cant play top level and complain about all that goes into it. You cant play on the top teams if you are not over the top in both your, and your son's love of the game. If it is a chore to do it it is work and not a game. If that is the case you are doing neither you or your son any favors. He may develop that love down the road but if he doesnt have it at 12 and you are forcing him to he will never develop it. If he does and you are the sour puss, suck it up and do it for him or dont it's your choice as a parent.

Anonymous #129095 08/07/15 05:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Bluefish for this age group. For the prices they are charging and tryout dated it Appears they may have a core group of kids that they know will be on the team. Anyone know if they have players already for 2021. Anyone have any info on this team other than what is posted on the Internet.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #129137 08/08/15 08:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Bluefish for this age group. For the prices they are charging and tryout dated it Appears they may have a core group of kids that they know will be on the team. Anyone know if they have players already for 2021. Anyone have any info on this team other than what is posted on the Internet.
IS this the old Jr Lizards ?

Anonymous #129142 08/08/15 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thank you Mr. Trump. Your comments sort of make my point.

Their certainly is a market for B teams, for kids who want to play. Problem is, no parent on the B team doesnt want their kid on the A team, so there is no place for a kid to avoid the insanity. [/quote

you cant have it both ways. You accept your child thrives on B or struggles on A. Its your choice. No one is breaking anyones arm. Only a small percentage go to D1. Everyone should know that. If you feel you were sold a bag of goods maybe you weren't being realistic from the beginning.

Anonymous #129146 08/08/15 01:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is a lesson in life, my kid driving home after one game, and
Said to me that he is better then some of the kids that
Play more then him. I told him your right, but I told him just like at my job
Some people are very friendly with the boss/coach. So he gives them more pppporunity.
He works hard it's my wife and I that have to suck up more.
That is sad, and what people are sick of doing.nr7

yes, but the beauty of it is you have other choices.

B_O_T_C #129550 08/12/15 10:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone heard how the Rising Son team in Philadelphia broke up?? they are calling teams to merge because their kids left the program!!

Anonymous #129559 08/12/15 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone heard how the Rising Son team in Philadelphia broke up?? they are calling teams to merge because their kids left the program!!

STOP WITH YOUR LIES!!!!!!

Page 3 of 116 1 2 3 4 5 115 116

Link Copied to Clipboard