BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 41 42
Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Girls 2020-8th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So let me hear some thoughts on fl$, Liberty, Legacy, Elevate and Express? I don't care if you are a squeaky wheel / axe grinder-- I just want to hear the skinny and I'll determine if you spouting gospel or your just plain nutz. Either way, makes for good reading.
Obviously, I'm interested in good/bad just nothing about individual players... not that this should need to be said.

thanks peeps!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
legacy others are a waste m

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call around and talk to the clubs before you commit. DO NOT BELIEVE everything you read on here. For instance, fl$ is just a horrific girls program, so is 91. They are a boys program that collects checks from the girls. My fiends kids played on their 2018 girls team and had an awful experience this summer. They did not win one game and had zero coaching. Call programs that are DEDICATED TO GIRLS Its a lot of money, do some research before you spend it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thx for this! My daughter is coming off a team that was completely bent on taking money from the girls teams to bolster the boys operations.... so I hear you on that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are caveats though...even some of the "girls only" LI travel teams are only in it for the $$...there is no real difference from a boys program that adds a girls team or two versus a "girls only" program that just adds teams at age levels (A, B or C)to pad the account...there are a couple of North Shore programs that come to mind...especially at the 2020 level..so even though a director will blow smoke and say how devoted they are to the girls, be careful--it is a biz to them and nothing else!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
there are caveats though...even some of the "girls only" LI travel teams are only in it for the $$...there is no real difference from a boys program that adds a girls team or two versus a "girls only" program that just adds teams at age levels (A, B or C)to pad the account...there are a couple of North Shore programs that come to mind...especially at the 2020 level..so even though a director will blow smoke and say how devoted they are to the girls, be careful--it is a biz to them and nothing else!

Completely not true. We did them both. Girls programs focus on the girls. Boys and girls programs focus on the boys. Yes, they both want to make $$$'s but at least they focus on the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely not true. We did them both. Girls programs focus on the girls. Boys and girls programs focus on the boys. Yes, they both want to make $$$'s but at least they focus on the girls.

I'd have to think the latter is true- If there are boys and girls the money goes to the boys over the girls, if there are only girls the money rolls downhill from A, B, C, etc. OR in a more sinister view the money goes A only and then B and C get the crap end of it while the overage goes in the coffers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
think my point was not that the "Girls Only" don't concentrate on the girls, but that they become just a program that endeavors to bring in as much cash as possible--even though a watered down program is ultimately what happens ..the idea becomes to create as many teams as there are girls willing to play/pay. If anyone thinks that there is a girls (or boys) director who gives a rats patooty about their "C" level teams (or even most of the "B" teams) in their own program, you are kidding yourself. The lower tier teams are just funding the gravy train.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'd think you were playing for a mom and pop operation not one that has 10+ teams in motion. Parents unfriendly, training SUCKED, yet playing time good however. I'd find it impossible to believe the lack of training and lack of organization was/is due chiefly to energy and money going into the boys... that or they are only about the money and not the experience.
This is our 2 cents from experience; Fans keep your barbs to yourselves, this was very much our experience, not just hearsay or rumor.

Hope that helps.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team were you referring to? what are good options for a 2020 Nassau girl?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG is awful. Smoke and mirrors. No training. Politics galore!!
People are finally starting to see what this club really is. A sinking ship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody trains unless you pay xtra. YJ practices once a week . That's it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG is awful. Smoke and mirrors. No training. Politics galore!!
People are finally starting to see what this club really is. A sinking ship.

No training? 20 practices next year, and they make up rained out practices (this year they did), unlike other girls programs.

But there is a lot of politics. Many girls on the younger teams, are not correctly placed. They seem to cater to West Babylon and ESM girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express---

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM
So let me hear some thoughts on fl$, Liberty, Legacy, Elevate and Express? I don't care if you are a squeaky wheel / axe grinder-- I just want to hear the skinny and I'll determine if you spouting gospel or your just plain nutz. Either way, makes for good reading.
Obviously, I'm interested in good/bad just nothing about individual players... not that this should need to be said.

thanks peeps!

As far as these organizations go, I believe that Legacy is your best choice. Legacy was a very good team for their first season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Icon 2020 and 2021 girls teams do in 2015? Will they be adding new kids? Would you consider these age groups competitive with top teams or more of a B team? Any other programs in the western part of the island worth looking into for these two age groups? Trying to help a buddy out. Thanks for any feedback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the girls trying out this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren't really tryouts anymore. Just a glorified very expensive walk on because everyone takes everyone. The only thing in question is what color team you play on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Icon 2020 and 2021 girls teams do in 2015? Will they be adding new kids? Would you consider these age groups competitive with top teams or more of a B team? Any other programs in the western part of the island worth looking into for these two age groups? Trying to help a buddy out. Thanks for any feedback.

They can compete with "C" teams, maybe some "B"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
western Nassau has Liberty and couple of south shore teams...but beware--Liberty director is Manhasset coach so "A" teams are stacked with future Manhasset HS players..very rare if non-Manhasset kid makes an "A"...there are token few

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you both for the info- I will pass it on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren't really tryouts anymore. Just a glorified very expensive walk on because everyone takes everyone. The only thing in question is what color team you play on.

Does anyone actually know someone who isn't playing on a team that wants to? I didn't think so. If you write they check, they will have you. Good luck this tryout season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone actually know someone who isn't playing on a team that wants to? I didn't think so. If you write they check, they will have you. Good luck this tryout season.

That's kind of a skewed view. Of course there is a place for every girl to play. Are you trying to say that there are no tryouts for the A team on a club? That's silly. I guess at the end of the day, there are really less than 10 top clubs in the nation. So if you are trying to play for an A team on anyone else, you may be correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's kind of a skewed view. Of course there is a place for every girl to play. Are you trying to say that there are no tryouts for the A team on a club? That's silly. I guess at the end of the day, there are really less than 10 top clubs in the nation. So if you are trying to play for an A team on anyone else, you may be correct.

Pretty sure their point was that travel/select teams used to be just that - for the best of the best. Now there are so many clubs and so many teams per club that anybody who wants to play can. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it has turned into an extension of PAL - just way more expensive and you don't play with your school mates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure their point was that travel/select teams used to be just that - for the best of the best. Now there are so many clubs and so many teams per club that anybody who wants to play can. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it has turned into an extension of PAL - just way more expensive and you don't play with your school mates.

Even the biggest program on Long Island recently changed their mission statement because it isn't just the elite anymore, it's anyone that wants to play as long as they are ok on the 4th, 5th or 6th team in an age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess that's more of an LI issue. I don't know of a single program in MD that has more than 2 teams per age. I guess there are many more options down here.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
i joined this site to get some info My reply and posts are getting deleted..As well as other posts. Whats going on here?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by MhaGha
i joined this site to get some info My reply and posts are getting deleted..As well as other posts. Whats going on here?

If you are promoting clubs that we are extremely opposed to promoting, they will not get up on BOTC. It is the responsibility of the moderators on BOTC to not help promote undesirable clubs, events or tryouts.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I asked a question in reference to my daughters team. I wanted opinions. I would like to know where my post went in reference to DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I registered so I can ask some questions. Why would you think I'm promoting a club? Its my first post on the site. I am a bit annoyed that I cannot have an open discussion on this forum.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I asked a question in reference to my daughters team. I wanted opinions. I would like to know where my post went in reference to DELETED

I answered your question. Now, please don't ask it again.

My previous answer..

If you are promoting clubs that we are extremely opposed to promoting, they will not get up on BOTC. It is the responsibility of the moderators on BOTC to not help promote undesirable clubs, events or tryouts.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I registered so I can ask some questions. Why would you think I'm promoting a club? Its my first post on the site. I am a bit annoyed that I cannot have an open discussion on this forum.

It is not our intent to annoy you.. lol

Chief Admin
Chief Admin

First of all, who are you, really? Being registered with a screen name does not make you shine under a spotlight.

Now, rather than attack a club for what we have seen as unacceptable behavior and business practices we don't concur with we just don't don't offer them any exposure. The same goes for their tournaments, tryouts, camps, and clinics if they have them and choose to promote them.

These are our opinions based on what we see. This is how it is in a youth sport that is not very well controlled and where serious money is involved along with the involvement of minors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong showing at the Legacy tryout for this age group. 75+ girls and a lot of talent and relentless hustle. Great jobs ladies! Good Luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong showing at the Legacy tryout for this age group. 75+ girls and a lot of talent and relentless hustle. Great jobs ladies! Good Luck!

It looks like there will be plenty of movement from clubs this year in this age group.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anyone have an opinion about the changes on the Girls side over at Express?....looks like they sent out blast that MC will now be new girls director....in the past express has been very weak on Girls side..wondering if this will get program moving in right direction....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
see where Express has made some directional changes...anyone think that it will help?..program has floundered last few years....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
Anyone have an opinion about the changes on the Girls side over at Express?....looks like they sent out blast that MC will now be new girls director....in the past express has been very weak on Girls side..wondering if this will get program moving in right direction....

It was TERRIBLE last year. They didn't seem to care about girls program at all. Weak coaching at best. Only changes I saw were related to who's directing--- does that really matter if they don't care about the program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any girls trying out from other clubs top teams , if so what clubs.Good coach at the 2020 age and he did a lot considering a first year program and most of the team came from other clubs b team .

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard