Re: Lost and Found
tom gandley #128556 08/02/15 03:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
parents who started this ridiculous brawl were from team Levittown. they're a younger team maybe 2023 or 24

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #128560 08/02/15 03:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was started by a parent from Miller Place who attack a Levittown coach.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #128561 08/02/15 03:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It was started by a parent from Miller Place who attack a Levittown coach.
See I told you someone would come on and it up accurately. I was misinformed. ok Miller place started it.

Like Reply Quote
tom gandley #128644 08/03/15 01:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, let me clear this up since I saw the entire thing... first of all Miller Place set up multiple tents between 2 of the playing fields and were annoyed that parents were putting their chairs by their tents. That was the first mistake and do not understand why that was allowed. With that being said Miller Place parents were a problem from the beginning of the game. They were yelling and screaming from the side lines. There was one specific father who did not stop running his mouth the entire game.

The refs let the game get out of control by letting this behavior go on. Levittown took the lead by one goal with less than 20 seconds left, they won possession of the ball and a player from Miller Place took out a player from Levittown. Coaches went running out on the field to check on their player and a Miller Place parent came running on the field and attacked one of Levittown's coaches. The dirt bag's wife then came running on the field cursing. There was alot of shoving and pushing but no "real" punches. Let me add also that the refs were NOT trying to be peacemakers. The refs were cursing and yelling as well. That is a rumor that a ref was being "choked out." Also one of the refs (bigger guy) was threatening to another parent that he was going to take them out. After things started to calm down the father who started the fight came over to the hurt kid (who was still laying down with the EMTs evaluating him) and called him a [lacrosse] [lacrosse]. As a result of that another shoving match started. It is a total disgrace that this even happened. The handful of parents from Miller Place should be banned from ever going back on a lacrosse field again. Levittown did not start the fight at all and did nothing wrong. I think people need to get all the facts before making up rumors.

Like Reply Quote
tom gandley #128645 08/03/15 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, let me clear this up since I saw the entire thing... first of all Miller Place set up multiple tents between 2 of the playing fields and were annoyed that parents were putting their chairs by their tents. That was the first mistake and do not understand why that was allowed. With that being said Miller Place parents were a problem from the beginning of the game. They were yelling and screaming from the side lines. There was one specific father who did not stop running his mouth the entire game.

The refs let the game get out of control by letting this behavior go on. Levittown took the lead by one goal with less than 20 seconds left, they won possession of the ball and a player from Miller Place took out a player from Levittown. Coaches went running out on the field to check on their player and a Miller Place parent came running on the field and attacked one of Levittown's coaches. The dirt bag's wife then came running on the field cursing. There was alot of shoving and pushing but no "real" punches. Let me add also that the refs were NOT trying to be peacemakers. The refs were cursing and yelling as well. That is a rumor that a ref was being "choked out." Also one of the refs (bigger guy) was threatening to another parent that he was going to take them out. After things started to calm down the father who started the fight came over to the hurt kid (who was still laying down with the EMTs evaluating him) and called him a f----ing p---y. As a result of that another shoving match started. It is a total disgrace that this even happened. The handful of parents from Miller Place should be banned from ever going back on a lacrosse field again. Levittown did not start the fight at all and did nothing wrong. I think people need to get all the facts before making up rumors.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #128646 08/03/15 01:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Miller Place parent was out of line! That parent should be suspended from attending any Games/Tournaments for his conduct.

Like Reply Quote
tom gandley #128684 08/03/15 04:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost and Found is a great header here.

Lost morals of one
Found morals of another

Sure we can look at this as a "nothing deal" or we can look at this as someone knew what happened and did the right thing.

I love that you stated it is the "principle of the matter" not really the "cost". Because it will cost us a lot if we lose our principles!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #128706 08/03/15 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The refs let the game get out of control by letting this behavior go on. Levittown took the lead by one goal with less than 20 seconds left, they won possession of the ball and a player from Miller Place took out a player from Levittown. Coaches went running out on the field to check on their player and a Miller Place parent came running on the field and attacked one of Levittown's coaches. The dirt bag's wife then came running on the field cursing. There was alot of shoving and pushing but no "real" punches. Let me add also that the refs were NOT trying to be peacemakers. The refs were cursing and yelling as well. That is a rumor that a ref was being "choked out." Also one of the refs (bigger guy) was threatening to another parent that he was going to take them out. After things started to calm down the father who started the fight came over to the hurt kid (who was still laying down with the EMTs evaluating him) and called him a f----ing p---y. As a result of that another shoving match started. It is a total disgrace that this even happened. The handful of parents from Miller Place should be banned from ever going back on a lacrosse field again. Levittown did not start the fight at all and did nothing wrong. I think people need to get all the facts before making up rumors.
oh wow see I said it was crazy. just didn't know all the details. the guy who called a child an f-ing p***y should be banned from ever setting foot near a youth sporting event let alone a school. you sir whom ever u may be r the biggest piece of miserable dog sh*t on the face of the earth.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #128805 08/04/15 08:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard three different accounts of what happened in Greenport from those who saw and they all sound very different. I could be wrong but the above sounds like the Levittown version. Always three versions (at least) to every story.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #128808 08/04/15 08:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about all the red solo cups that were on the sideline. Alcohol should not be permitted at youth sporting events. I am not saying this was the blame for this incident but it can easily influence situations like this to escalate.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
tom gandley #128840 08/05/15 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow this is crazy yet a culmination of things.

These games were played at a school - NO alcohol is allowed in the first place.

As i understand the banning comments. This goes to a bigger picture no real league for travel. Just many one off tournaments. These games are not a part of a league, not part of a group which hosts many tournaments. If someone was to get a lifetime ban it could only be from that organization banning them. Sure word of mouth could make people aware but not sure a ban.

Things are getting out of control. yes every story has at least 3 sides but lets use August to reflect on our behavior and set a good example going forward.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #128870 08/05/15 05:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard three different accounts of what happened in Greenport from those who saw and they all sound very different. I could be wrong but the above sounds like the Levittown version. Always three versions (at least) to every story.

yes, and there is plenty of solo cups in Levittown. Not the shining examples for youth sports. good people there but bad people running things. how did this get on lost and found anyway, which I think is a great idea.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #128877 08/05/15 08:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually what happened at that 10 year old lacrosse game was that a Miller Place player hit a Levittown player with 20 seconds to go. The ref flagged him and explained the penalty. In the mean time the Levittown player was down and the game ended. One of the Levittown coaches came to check his player while another Levittown coach ran to the Miller Place player cursing him out. The Miller Place father confronted the Levittown coach with words and was grabbed by the offending coach and jumped from behind by a third coach and Levittown parents. The scene lasted about 2 minutes.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #128878 08/05/15 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was started by a Levittown coach who verbally attacked a 10 Year old Miller Place player...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #128879 08/05/15 08:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel the same way about the Levittown coach who got in the face and cursed at a 10 year old boy. He crossed the line regardless of the circumstances. If it were my child, I would have called the police.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS