BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Lost and Found
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
My son lost a custom Express Lacrosse stick at the Shoot Out For Soldiers. He is very upset. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Lost Express Stick
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tom I will also email all of the Coaches at the tournament to see if anyone picked it up for you. Harry Jacobs-Shootout for Soldiers Co-Chair

Like Reply Quote
Re: Lost Express Stick
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sucks! Hope you get it back, but I doubt it. I've seen many kids get their sticks stolen, as well as other items, over the years. One right in front of me. The mother said to the kid, "You need a long pole?" Kid picked it up and they tried to walk off with it! You would think the lacrosse community would be more honest, but sadly not!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Lost and Found
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Needs to be a lost and found section on this board. I found a goalie and mid stick a few tournaments ago and nobody claimed them

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have changed the thread to Lost and Found.

It is here if you need it!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks everyone for all your help. No luck yet. Had to pick some leafs off the money tree in the yard for a new stick. Don't tell my wife lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by tom gandley
Thanks everyone for all your help. No luck yet. Had to pick some leafs off the money tree in the yard for a new stick. Don't tell my wife lol.

There were a couple of shafts on sale at Dicks last week. 35 for something going for 100.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by tom gandley

I am sorry that we were not able to locate it.. Someone has it and doesn't want to return it.. There are good people out there, though, and I am happy that we have this thread..

P.S. Your wife knows.. We are not dumb, ya know.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Whoever picked up the goalie stick at Sachem North field 3 please PM me so we can return it to the owner.
Don't be that [lacrosse] that steals kids sticks and if your kid took it teach him a lesson how NOT to be an [lacrosse] and return it.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Whoever picked up the goalie stick at Sachem North field 3 please PM me so we can return it to the owner.
Don't be that [lacrosse] that steals kids sticks and if your kid took it teach him a lesson how NOT to be an [lacrosse] and return it.

Excellent choice of words.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
User
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Excellent choice of words.

I received an anonymous message from a parent who pointed us to the individual who took the goalie stick.
I will give you an opportunity to message me with a plan to return it to the owner. No questions asked.
You have one day before we advise the owner to call the police.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If someone stole a kids stick, you are a loser, give it back. I just can't believe the amount of attention this stick is getting. You would think this stick is a picasso. I mean, worst case , going to lax unlimited and getting another stick won't be the end of the world. If lost tons of equipment over the years. My son is still a good player, my family survived. Dont get me wrong, if someone stole it, they are a loser. I'm with you. It has been a week now, it might be time to replace the stick is all I'm saying.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
If someone stole a kids stick, you are a loser, give it back. I just can't believe the amount of attention this stick is getting. You would think this stick is a picasso. I mean, worst case , going to lax unlimited and getting another stick won't be the end of the world. If lost tons of equipment over the years. My son is still a good player, my family survived. Dont get me wrong, if someone stole it, they are a loser. I'm with you. It has been a week now, it might be time to replace the stick is all I'm saying.

I love it when people feel the need to post for absolutely no reason and contribute absolutely nothing.

According to the owner the stick has been replaced. Now it's about holding the [lacrosse] that stole it accountable. Apparently the witness wanted to do the right thing and contacted me with the information. Since I know who it is I thought I would give them an opportunity to return it with no penalty. Of course I am not optimistic and will forward the guilty party's info to the owner and advise him to press charges if I am not contacted with a plan of return.
But thanks for your opinion I guess...

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job Hop...wish you were around when my son's red white and blue themed traditional super power was taken from LI Lax Clash in Stony Brook last year.

Respect and courtesy has hit an all time low. Selfishness and entitlement has hit an all time high.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Great job Hop...wish you were around when my son's red white and blue themed traditional super power was taken from LI Lax Clash in Stony Brook last year.

Respect and courtesy has hit an all time low. Selfishness and entitlement has hit an all time high.

Lots of eyes at these tournaments. I think most people are good and will report a loser stealing sticks.
If this thief doesn't step up and is prosecuted hopefully people will realize being a scum bag thief and taking kids equipment will get you arrested.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love it when people feel the need to post for absolutely no reason and contribute absolutely nothing.

Police really? Get a life press charges really. Loser , it's a stick, police are not going to get involved. And to the snitch worry about yourself I am sure there is more to this story. Instead of worrying so much about your sons stick worry about making him better by practicing more, it's not the stick it's the dedication to any sport.

According to the owner the stick has been replaced. Now it's about holding the [lacrosse] that stole it accountable. Apparently the witness wanted to do the right thing and contacted me with the information. Since I know who it is I thought I would give them an opportunity to return it with no penalty. Of course I am not optimistic and will forward the guilty party's info to the owner and advise him to press charges if I am not contacted with a plan of return.
But thanks for your opinion I guess...

Like Reply Quote
User
User
"Police really? Get a life press charges really. Loser , it's a stick, police are not going to get involved. And to the snitch worry about yourself I am sure there is more to this story. Instead of worrying so much about your sons stick worry about making him better by practicing more, it's not the stick it's the dedication to any sport."

Not sure if you all saw this schmucks post above because they didn't post right and it was mixed with another post. Anyway....

It's complacent and obnoxious people like this idiot that make ridiculous comments and they actually are allowed to have children and vote. Scary really.

It's theft. For over $200. The police will be involved. Trust me.
Also, the "snitch" you mentioned is the one doing the right thing. People are tired of losers stealing things and everyone looking the other way. It stops now and the [lacrosse] in this case is going down.

It's the principle of it not the cost.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Police really? Get a life press charges really. Loser , it's a stick, police are not going to get involved. And to the snitch worry about yourself I am sure there is more to this story. Instead of worrying so much about your sons stick worry about making him better by practicing more, it's not the stick it's the dedication to any sport."

Not sure if you all saw this schmucks post above because they didn't post right and it was mixed with another post. Anyway....

It's complacent and obnoxious people like this idiot that make ridiculous comments and they actually are allowed to have children and vote. Scary really.

Also, the "snitch" you mentioned is the one doing the right thing. People are tired of losers stealing things and everyone looking the other way. It stops now and the [lacrosse] in this case is going down.

I agree 100% people need to be held accountable It needs to stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grow up get a life there is a lot more bigger things to worry about. It's Dunner go enjoy yourself with your stick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=The Hop]"Police really? Get a life press charges really. Loser , it's a stick, police are not going to get involved. And to the snitch worry about yourself I am sure there is more to this story. Instead of worrying so much about your sons stick worry about making him better by practicing more, it's not the stick it's the dedication to any sport."

It's was a beautiful day out yesterday and your on the computer worrying about bringing someone down, lmao. LOSER. You must of been THAT KID growing up and now you want payback for all the bad things that happened to you. Go to the beach or something.. Then teach your kid or wife to take care of their stuff and not leave it on the field for the whole day and be responsible for their , Instead of teaching them to snitch on others and calling the police for a $200 stick that is not worth that much after you left the store with it. It's used goods like your wife. Enjoy the summer see you at tryouts with that beat up stick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=The Hop]"Police really? Get a life press charges really. Loser , it's a stick, police are not going to get involved. And to the snitch worry about yourself I am sure there is more to this story. Instead of worrying so much about your sons stick worry about making him better by practicing more, it's not the stick it's the dedication to any sport."

It's was a beautiful day out yesterday and your on the computer worrying about bringing someone down, lmao. LOSER. You must of been THAT KID growing up and now you want payback for all the bad things that happened to you. Go to the beach or something.. Then teach your kid or wife to take care of their stuff and not leave it on the field for the whole day and be responsible for their , Instead of teaching them to snitch on others and calling the police for a $200 stick that is not worth that much after you left the store with it. It's used goods like your wife. Enjoy the summer see you at tryouts with that beat up stick.

WOW...who knew Al Bundy played lacrosse and is still reliving his lost childhood through his kid 50 years later?
Snitch? Bringing someone down?
How about being an honest person who witnessed someone steal something from a KID and wants to do the right thing.
You Sir, are the loser with that 15 year old thug mentality.
I feel sorry for your wife and kid having to live with a sorry example of being a man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with this stupid stick.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Check out this Union, NJ jerk off. Guess the morals in Jersey are up to this losers standards. I hope this idiot keeps posting and his fellow Jersey residents appreciate the face he is putting on their area. In case you missed his gem here it is again.

"It's was a beautiful day out yesterday and your on the computer worrying about bringing someone down, lmao. LOSER. You must of been THAT KID growing up and now you want payback for all the bad things that happened to you. Go to the beach or something.. Then teach your kid or wife to take care of their stuff and not leave it on the field for the whole day and be responsible for their , Instead of teaching them to snitch on others and calling the police for a $200 stick that is not worth that much after you left the store with it. It's used goods like your wife. Enjoy the summer see you at tryouts with that beat up stick."

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmfao good post Hop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone catch the brawl between parents at the greenport tournament?? some of them went after refs who were trying to calm the situation. talk about losers. way to put a damper on a nice tournament.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Who was the ref?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was the ref?
I'm not sure. we were walking over from field 7 which is greenport's football field. we just finished playing. and the dust up was just finally being quelled. but a woman that witnessed it was telling me it started with a player that was knocked to the ground during the game and hurt. I'm not sure if a call wasn't made but parents got involved punches were thrown. mother's were using foul language (try to imagine the worst curses you can think of) there were five refs I'm being told trying to be peace makers. and from what I'm told one of the gentlemen reffing the game was shoved or some big guy had his hands around his neck or his collar. I just missed it. maybe someone that saw it will come on and post something more accurate. crazy though. and to boot it was close to 100° yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Thanks.
Trying to see if the same short ref with gray hair was officiating. It seems every tournament where there are crazy fights this ref is the one losing control of the game.
Anyone with info let us know.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks.
Trying to see if the same short ref with gray hair was officiating. It seems every tournament where there are crazy fights this ref is the one losing control of the game.

While that is concerning, parents have to remember to act appropriately and remain level headed. It's the coaches job to deal with bad calls and ultimately pull his team if he thinks the play is dangerous for his players. Hate to see that happen, but better the coach handle things properly, then kids having to witness a brawl among parents- just horrible behavior. Most importantly, I hope the kid that was hurt is okay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks.
I don't know. one of the refs we had in our last game was short. he had to be in his late 60's. grey hair. looked like it was red once. he was ok. we were playing ESM and it started to get physical...nothing ugly....both teams just playing hard and he stopped the game to remind to both teams they check hands and stick and just to stay under control. he was good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
parents who started this ridiculous brawl were from team Levittown. they're a younger team maybe 2023 or 24

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was started by a parent from Miller Place who attack a Levittown coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was started by a parent from Miller Place who attack a Levittown coach.
See I told you someone would come on and it up accurately. I was misinformed. ok Miller place started it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, let me clear this up since I saw the entire thing... first of all Miller Place set up multiple tents between 2 of the playing fields and were annoyed that parents were putting their chairs by their tents. That was the first mistake and do not understand why that was allowed. With that being said Miller Place parents were a problem from the beginning of the game. They were yelling and screaming from the side lines. There was one specific father who did not stop running his mouth the entire game.

The refs let the game get out of control by letting this behavior go on. Levittown took the lead by one goal with less than 20 seconds left, they won possession of the ball and a player from Miller Place took out a player from Levittown. Coaches went running out on the field to check on their player and a Miller Place parent came running on the field and attacked one of Levittown's coaches. The dirt bag's wife then came running on the field cursing. There was alot of shoving and pushing but no "real" punches. Let me add also that the refs were NOT trying to be peacemakers. The refs were cursing and yelling as well. That is a rumor that a ref was being "choked out." Also one of the refs (bigger guy) was threatening to another parent that he was going to take them out. After things started to calm down the father who started the fight came over to the hurt kid (who was still laying down with the EMTs evaluating him) and called him a [lacrosse] [lacrosse]. As a result of that another shoving match started. It is a total disgrace that this even happened. The handful of parents from Miller Place should be banned from ever going back on a lacrosse field again. Levittown did not start the fight at all and did nothing wrong. I think people need to get all the facts before making up rumors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, let me clear this up since I saw the entire thing... first of all Miller Place set up multiple tents between 2 of the playing fields and were annoyed that parents were putting their chairs by their tents. That was the first mistake and do not understand why that was allowed. With that being said Miller Place parents were a problem from the beginning of the game. They were yelling and screaming from the side lines. There was one specific father who did not stop running his mouth the entire game.

The refs let the game get out of control by letting this behavior go on. Levittown took the lead by one goal with less than 20 seconds left, they won possession of the ball and a player from Miller Place took out a player from Levittown. Coaches went running out on the field to check on their player and a Miller Place parent came running on the field and attacked one of Levittown's coaches. The dirt bag's wife then came running on the field cursing. There was alot of shoving and pushing but no "real" punches. Let me add also that the refs were NOT trying to be peacemakers. The refs were cursing and yelling as well. That is a rumor that a ref was being "choked out." Also one of the refs (bigger guy) was threatening to another parent that he was going to take them out. After things started to calm down the father who started the fight came over to the hurt kid (who was still laying down with the EMTs evaluating him) and called him a f----ing p---y. As a result of that another shoving match started. It is a total disgrace that this even happened. The handful of parents from Miller Place should be banned from ever going back on a lacrosse field again. Levittown did not start the fight at all and did nothing wrong. I think people need to get all the facts before making up rumors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Miller Place parent was out of line! That parent should be suspended from attending any Games/Tournaments for his conduct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost and Found is a great header here.

Lost morals of one
Found morals of another

Sure we can look at this as a "nothing deal" or we can look at this as someone knew what happened and did the right thing.

I love that you stated it is the "principle of the matter" not really the "cost". Because it will cost us a lot if we lose our principles!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The refs let the game get out of control by letting this behavior go on. Levittown took the lead by one goal with less than 20 seconds left, they won possession of the ball and a player from Miller Place took out a player from Levittown. Coaches went running out on the field to check on their player and a Miller Place parent came running on the field and attacked one of Levittown's coaches. The dirt bag's wife then came running on the field cursing. There was alot of shoving and pushing but no "real" punches. Let me add also that the refs were NOT trying to be peacemakers. The refs were cursing and yelling as well. That is a rumor that a ref was being "choked out." Also one of the refs (bigger guy) was threatening to another parent that he was going to take them out. After things started to calm down the father who started the fight came over to the hurt kid (who was still laying down with the EMTs evaluating him) and called him a f----ing p---y. As a result of that another shoving match started. It is a total disgrace that this even happened. The handful of parents from Miller Place should be banned from ever going back on a lacrosse field again. Levittown did not start the fight at all and did nothing wrong. I think people need to get all the facts before making up rumors.
oh wow see I said it was crazy. just didn't know all the details. the guy who called a child an f-ing p***y should be banned from ever setting foot near a youth sporting event let alone a school. you sir whom ever u may be r the biggest piece of miserable dog sh*t on the face of the earth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard three different accounts of what happened in Greenport from those who saw and they all sound very different. I could be wrong but the above sounds like the Levittown version. Always three versions (at least) to every story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about all the red solo cups that were on the sideline. Alcohol should not be permitted at youth sporting events. I am not saying this was the blame for this incident but it can easily influence situations like this to escalate.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard