BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 72 73
Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2024-4th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like to see all the teams, at this age, play each other more often. Did Wolfpack play anyone other than Taz?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 high voltage is legit also,saw them play some solid town teams yesterday at greenport and looked like they were in full control. there were many 2024 teams there and was happy we did not have to play them or the teams they faced. i was told high voltage is mostly if not all 3v kids. very strong bunch of 3v at 2024 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a pickup team with mostly TAZ and some pack and a about 10 3 vill

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They are a pickup team with mostly TAZ and some pack and a about 10 3 vill
pretty sure the Pack and Taz kids your talking about actually are from 3 Village from what I was told and there are about 15 kids on that team from 3 Village. I asked one of the parents on the side lines yesterday when my son played them. Nice people. One crazy dad screaming his head off.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sachem has faced most if not all 2024 town teams either through tourneys or pal and hands down high voltage clearly is top town team around. They handled us very well and also 2 other town teams that were on top of 2024 food chain. keep working hard and will see next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sachem has faced most if not all 2024 town teams either through tourneys or pal and hands down high voltage clearly is top town team around. They handled us very well and also 2 other town teams that were on top of 2024 food chain. keep working hard and will see next year.

Hardly a town team and sachem is one of the worst at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sachem East team beat Empire Green yesterday. They were better than Sachem North team we faced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sachem East team beat Empire Green yesterday. They were better than Sachem North team we faced.
Yes east at that age group is better than north by a long shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like to see all the teams, at this age, play each other more often. Did Wolfpack play anyone other than Taz?

No reason for the 'pack to play any of these teams. Taz is the closest competition and they are still trying to catch them. They play up in 90% of their tournaments. The 2024 competition is just not there yet. Don't start throwing barbs at the comment, it's all true. Most of this team's competition for the foreseeable future will be from the 2023 division.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No reason for the 'pack to play any of these teams. Taz is the closest competition and they are still trying to catch them. They play up in 90% of their tournaments. The 2024 competition is just not there yet. Don't start throwing barbs at the comment, it's all true. Most of this team's competition for the foreseeable future will be from the 2023 division.

Honestly, any A team can play up and beat weak B teams. That's not really saying much. Most decent 2023 teams would destroy the pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That goes for any team playing up any year. Not just pack. A good team should beat another good team, if they are a year older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Wolfpack lose any games this year to another 2024 Team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

One game in Maryland and they also beat the same team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

One game in Maryland and they also beat the same team.

Ok but the answer to the question is yes. Blc isn't even the best team in Maryland for the age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not totally accurate. BLC is best Maryland Team - never lost to a Maryland Team. Madlax is Best Virginia Team. Madlax was better than BLC this season. BLC lost to Wolfpack 6-4 in Pool and beat them 7-5 at Beachlax Championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not totally accurate. BLC is best Maryland Team - never lost to a Maryland Team. Madlax is Best Virginia Team. Madlax was better than BLC this season. BLC lost to Wolfpack 6-4 in Pool and beat them 7-5 at Beachlax Championship

Fair enough but agree mad lax top team in the age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How any teams would you have your son try out for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bunch are at same time roughly so tough. Even if you are a returner on these teams, nothing guaranteed. As the rat race for youth sports increases, so does the pool trying out. Just trying to make it fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other than top 2 teams there are plenty of spots. Wouldn't go nuts. Tryout for 1 or two that are convenient and have a good rep. Odds are he makes it given they will all be taking 23-24 kids. If he doesn't, the dust will settle and a bunch of teams will be adding through the fall. Wouldn't be surprised if there is another round of tryouts in September for most of the teams to fill rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other than top 2 teams there are plenty of spots. Wouldn't go nuts. Tryout for 1 or two that are convenient and have a good rep. Odds are he makes it given they will all be taking 23-24 kids. If he doesn't, the dust will settle and a bunch of teams will be adding through the fall. Wouldn't be surprised if there is another round of tryouts in September for most of the teams to fill rosters.

The playing field will be much more level next year. Alot of movement. In my opinion. Maybe LI teams will actually play each other more...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember you have something all these teams want. A check book.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the boys should try out for 2-3 teams If you can afford to. Their dream team, even if you think it might be a stretch, and then 1- 2 other. Tryouts are very import for other reasons besides making a team. It prepares a child for what to expect for future possibilities and opportunities. It's much like an interview. As an adult the more interviews you go to the more prepared and confident you get. So when you go for the big one you get the job. The is the very same idea. I can tell you right now that even if you are confident your child is going to remain on his current team you are doing him a disservice if you don't continue to push him and remove him from his comfort zone. These are the uncontrolled settings that will build the boys confidence and prep him so that one day he'll make the UA team ect.... The other thing is that you never know. People run their mouths on this site about what positions are up for grab when all they are really doing is making an "educated guess" (I use that rearm lightly) based on what they saw throughout the year or heard from a friend of a friend of a friend. Don't be so sure these top teams are such a lock. In the end what is the worst case... You got 4-6 days of clinics. One last thought... Nobody has the right to pressure you into not trying out for another team. Provided that someone is not offering free tuition or some sort of ridiculous deal you are obligated to no one. Rest assured that if 20 mini Rob Pannells,Paul Rabils, and Brian Spalina's came marching into their tryouts you would be tossed out like yesterday's trash. this is a business plain and simple. You are naive if you think there is loyalty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only are the boys trying out for these teams, as a parent - we are looking at how they are running the tryout, the quality of the coaches that are hopefully identified, the other boys trying out. Even though we are paying for a tryout - you've got to view it as the club is trying out as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree, If you have the time and the money, why not take advantage of the opportunity to have your son fight for ground balls against other kids, do the math on most of these tryouts, its 15 -20 per hour to tryout . 91 gives u 6 hours for 16 dollars an hour. whats the downside. even if you have zero interest in playing for 91 or any other team for that matter. at the bare minimum, its practice for the team you actually want to play for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a good player. I'm sure everyone thinks that... But what NASSAU teams do people recommend? I don't mind traveling but would prefer closer if possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a good player. I'm sure everyone thinks that... But what NASSAU teams do people recommend? I don't mind traveling but would prefer closer if possible.
where in Nassau? If Hofstra isn't too far you should check out Blue Fish. I know one of the coaches starting this up for 2024. Real good guy very determined to make this organization successful. Great coach. Good with younger players. Worth at least a look. Since its new it will probably be on the less expensive side. I believe Coach Tierny from Hofstra is involved as well. My only concern is where exactly will practices be held?? I would want clarification on that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo,, true blue ,are nassau teams. Now blue fish also. I would look into those teams. I heard very good things about igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair enough but agree mad lax top team in the age group.

On any give day Madlax, the'pack and Bethesda can beat each other. There is no real #1 out of these 3 teams. They are the best 3 2024 teams around. The skill level is that much better than the rest of the field. These 3 teams will make sure they meet up at a couple of tournament's this coming season. BTW Bethesda and 'pack families had mutual respect for each other at Beach Lax, it was great to see. Very different than my daughters team. Parents are more vicious than the boys teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 coach. has he coached at other orgs? is he one of the coaches listed on site? Looking for a 2024 team and the Hofstra based team looks good, access to their bubble in winter looks good too. Thanks for any info, I also emailed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 coach. has he coached at other orgs? is he one of the coaches listed on site? Looking for a 2024 team and the Hofstra based team looks good, access to their bubble in winter looks good too. Thanks for any info, I also emailed.

Do we know who the 2024 Bluefish coach is going to be? If so has he ever coached youth lacrosse? Being a great college player or pro doesn't always translate to being a good youth coach.

Also, sounds like access to the bubble will be in addition to your tuition.

Still seems like it could be a solid Nassau based program that could end up doing what Legacy did for Suffolk. They have the resources and the practice space. It would be nice to know if they were going to have a dedicated coach that was going to start practing in the fall/winter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
previous poster mentioned a 2024 guy at the bluefish, just wondering who it is. Powers is a big name and will get kids to come to the tryout. Hofstra as your home base and winter training even for additional fees is a good start for a club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true BM left Express and is taking over coaching for Legacy's 2024 Taz?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, BM left Express Honeybadgers which is a 2023 team. He is going to Legacy to coach a 2023 team, not the 2024 Taz.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, BM left Express Honeybadgers which is a 2023 team. He is going to Legacy to coach a 2023 team, not the 2024 Taz.
Thanks for clarifying. I thought that it sounded strange that they would replace Zummo with BM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sean Keenan former head coach at Smithtown West is coaching legacy TAZ 2024. That's a crazy resume for a 4 th grade team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lucky team. Great coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sean Keenan former head coach at Smithtown West is coaching legacy TAZ 2024. That's a crazy resume for a 4 th grade team

it doesn't always translate to the younger kids. And I am speaking from recently having the HS Coach experience. It doesn't always work. Good Luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That goes without say for any coach at any level your right but he has coached at many levels over the years with his own boys and runs a lot of clincs for all ages, those kids will be fine. Great addition.

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard