BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 89 90
Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2020-8th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2021 would not beat any of the top 2020 Long Island teams. You can take that to the bank if you think they would have your coach call any of the top 3 coaches and schedule your [lacrosse] whooping!!! Talk is cheap igloo dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of the 2021 igloo team are hold backs. That's a fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whos talking? You are the first post. Lets try to get off on the right foot.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A lot of the 2021 igloo team are hold backs. That's a fact

You could have combined those two posts but decided to make two.. hmmm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2021 team don't call yourself at 7 th grade team with present kids that are going into 8th grade that's a fact ... Huntington Dad

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Igloo 2021 team don't call yourself at 7 th grade team with present kids that are going into 8th grade that's a fact ... Huntington Dad

Hey, Dude, what's your major malfunction? Sounds like you really need a hug.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Admit it, we all know your roster, you have kids going into 8th! Period!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a Good Travel Team / best bang for the buck so to speak. 2019 / 2020, Can anyone give me any incite to how much Legacy cost last year, and how was the personal experience on the team or teams with their sons. Thanks

User
User
If you register you can PM me and I'll fill you in.

Back of the Cage
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a Good Travel Team / best bang for the buck so to speak. 2019 / 2020, Can anyone give me any incite to how much Legacy cost last year, and how was the personal experience on the team or teams with their sons. Thanks

What do you want for your son? how are you evaluating cost/benefit? Are you looking at only the summer or the program cost for the full year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of the Crush 2020 folks know where you are playing this Autumn. We (Edge Ontario) are in the process of planning our upcoming season and have made some upgrades to our team and were hoping to face your team. There's no better way to assess talent other than playing the best. We were looking at the NYPLL on November 15th. We haven't played you since Nov 2011 and look forward to the opportunity. Good luck to all teams with their tryouts and upcoming season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of the Crush 2020 folks know where you are playing this Autumn. We (Edge Ontario) are in the process of planning our upcoming season and have made some upgrades to our team and were hoping to face your team. There's no better way to assess talent other than playing the best. We were looking at the NYPLL on November 15th. We haven't played you since Nov 2011 and look forward to the opportunity. Good luck to all teams with their tryouts and upcoming season.

Are your upgrades in the form if holdbacks? Would you be willing to play in age based tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crush is screwed also for age based....lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every player on our team will be making the cutoff date of June 1/2001. Holdbacks don't exist in Canada no one in their right mind would keep their child back a year in school. In fact many December babies end up entering school early choosing not to wait an extra year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
age based U-15 as no player turn 15 until june 2016 is that fair..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
June No [lacrosse]...us lax cutoff 9/1 ur boys that run 91 change the rules to help themselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is that? What team does your son play for big mouth? Guess you are just another one of those crickets!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We get pushed down by our older teams ..we have no choice in the matter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why I love this board.by now even the haters know it's not even remotely true but someone still posts that crush is older I love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every player on our team will be making the cutoff date of June 1/2001. Holdbacks don't exist in Canada no one in their right mind would keep their child back a year in school. In fact many December babies end up entering school early choosing not to wait an extra year.

In New [lacrosse] the school cut off is 12/1 so in the rising 8th grade class the age appropriate kids are mostly born in 2002 with a handful of December babies. If a kid is born prior to 12/1/2001 he is a holdback. Your team's website also lauds the holdback nature of your entire program, so give it a rest already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In New [lacrosse] the school cut off is 12/1 so in the rising 8th grade class the age appropriate kids are mostly born in 2002 with a handful of December babies. If a kid is born prior to 12/1/2001 he is a holdback. Your team's website also lauds the holdback nature of your entire program, so give it a rest already.

Crush just got undressed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we are playing 2020 no choice as we have a 2019 team so hopefully crush plays at the NYPLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a hold of the guys from Rising Sons. They are supposed to be hosting a fall and Spring play day like last year. They get the top clubs to come. I don't know who it goes to but the website email address is risingsonslax@yahoo.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
June No [lacrosse]...us lax cutoff 9/1 ur boys that run 91 change the rules to help themselves

Crush has no issues with the age guidelines set by US Lax what so ever. But I guess... You collected the kids' birth certificates in a quest to disprove that? This conversation is so old.

I would say anyone looking to play the team should contact the coach- not post on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no such thing as U-14. It is U-13 followed by U-15

8th grade is the year that the holdbacks begin in earnest. It is the reason 8th grade goes U-15 instead of U-14.

The age cutoff is Sept 1st, 2000. Anyone born this date or later is eligible for U-15 play. The Maryland "AA" U-15 youth clubs also called 2020 clubs will be stocked with 8th graders born in late 2000 or early 2001. The Maryland clubs with "A" designation will generally be those boys who have not yet reclassified and are equivalent to U-14 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising 8th graders born in 2000? So they are two years older than my son and potentially competing against him on dueling 2020 teams? So gross....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising 8th graders born in 2000? So they are two years older than my son and potentially competing against him on dueling 2020 teams? So gross....

Agree this is gross, but it is what the D1 coaches want. They get to see all the boys who will start college in Fall 2020 and take the field in Spring 2021 on the same field at the same time.

This is not a new problem. My 2000 birth year son is a 2018 grad year. On the club and individual showcase circuit he plays against 1998 birth year players all the time.

What makes it interesting is that when your kids reach High School the same parents who complain most about reclassification expect their 9th grader to play Varsity. The age/size differential exists in the school version of the sport but is acceptable for most parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

before this shift to grade-based teams did you think the old system of u11,u13,u15 was "gross"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't make the gross comment but I for one did. Although I saw the necessity in some areas. Some areas didn't have the enrollment so they mix grades. When teams went by a U age system many times only the older players played while the younger ones got beat up and learned in practice. They waited their turn (the following year) when they were the older guys and the cycle continued.

not the best situation. the areas that are able to go grade base have the numbers and therefore have a bigger pool to pull and work with generally getting lucky talent wise too.

that said, I play my son up whenever possible, when it is our choice not someone elses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the password for igloos game videos? We played them and my son wants to see if they have the game. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree this is gross, but it is what the D1 coaches want. They get to see all the boys who will start college in Fall 2020 and take the field in Spring 2021 on the same field at the same time.

This is not a new problem. My 2000 birth year son is a 2018 grad year. On the club and individual showcase circuit he plays against 1998 birth year players all the time.

What makes it interesting is that when your kids reach High School the same parents who complain most about reclassification expect their 9th grader to play Varsity. The age/size differential exists in the school version of the sport but is acceptable for most parents.

Seriously? Graduating high school at 20? Would be surprised if you were even allowed to play high school lax at that age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? Graduating high school at 20? Would be surprised if you were even allowed to play high school lax at that age.

The holdback issue is real but exaggerated. None of the 2019's who have committed will be 20 when they graduate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdback issue is real but exaggerated. None of the 2019's who have committed will be 20 when they graduate.

Ok- they'll be 20 before they step on campus- is that better? Still ridiculous! My son will graduate at 18 and won't turn 19 until he's in his second semester of college- some won't turn 19 until they finish their first year- I'd say the exaggeration isn't quite that big. It is what it is- but Ithose underdog kids will get as far because they have a lot more grit and determination and those are qualities that will take them much further.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't the cut-off date September 1 when talking about age based programs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid was born November 10 2002 what grade should he be in? I am confused.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could go either way, going into 7th (2021) or 8th (2020). I dont think anyone would gripe about a boy born in Oct/Nov being entered in the younger year because his parents didnt think he was ready for school yet.

The issue with holdbacks is more around, a boy born in the beginning of the year being intentionally entered in the younger year for an athletic advantage. If you build a team around boys like that, in the younger years that team will have an unfair advantage and could possible be dangerous for the opponents. Its very tricky when you include the contact sport aspect to it (in the younger ages). IMHO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Throughout most of the country he would be a 2021 - 7th grader and not considered to be old but rather within the typical age range for his grade

In NY with the late birthday cutoff he may be an 8th grader (2020)

Most Maryland Prep schools as well as most clubs would suggest he reclassify to 2022 class which would make him one year older than his classmates. This would make him more attractive to D1 coaches who ignore age and recruit by class

None of the above is my personal opinion of what is the right thing to do, it is just a statement of fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Throughout most of the country he would be a 2021 - 7th grader and not considered to be old but rather within the typical age range for his grade

In NY with the late birthday cutoff he may be an 8th grader (2020)

Most Maryland Prep schools as well as most clubs would suggest he reclassify to 2022 class which would make him one year older than his classmates. This would make him more attractive to D1 coaches who ignore age and recruit by class

None of the above is my personal opinion of what is the right thing to do, it is just a statement of fact.

In New [lacrosse] he would be considered 2020...and one of the youngest in the grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could go either way, going into 7th (2021) or 8th (2020). I dont think anyone would gripe about a boy born in Oct/Nov being entered in the younger year because his parents didnt think he was ready for school yet.

The issue with holdbacks is more around, a boy born in the beginning of the year being intentionally entered in the younger year for an athletic advantage. If you build a team around boys like that, in the younger years that team will have an unfair advantage and could possible be dangerous for the opponents. Its very tricky when you include the contact sport aspect to it (in the younger ages). IMHO.

I think NY parents need to stop griping about these Sept/Oct/Nov birthdays if the play for a younger aged team at any grade level in NY area. That will put our area kids more on par and make it a bit less dangerous for a smaller kid that can potentially be playing kids 2 yrs older. While I never really understood teams that built their team as a u-11, u-13 etc- we shoukd at least be able to align our club teams with the 9/1 cut off- as most if these states also have kids a few months earlier that just weren't ready for kindergarten and may be summer birthdays.

Teams should be built around one set model much like hockey which is far better than a mish mosh of ages all over the place. I do think we will see youth tournaments begin to put an age limit but once the kids are of recruiting age all bets will be off, which will continue to entice families to hold their kid back to play smaller kids so they can get recruited. It's happening because coaches are fueling it. I think things will change as more and more kids decommit and fail to get into their school. The next few years should be interesting to see how age guidelines and recruitment and college team success pans out.

Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard