BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
US U19 womens lacrosse
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
****Breaking****
US loses to Canada 9-8 in Gold medal game.

Canada makes history by winning it's first Gold.

Wow. Let the conversation begin.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: US U19 womens lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrat's to Canada, they must have been a bit intimidated by the US squad and all the hype surrounding the great US Team. But, they WON!!

Congrat's to the US girls for a great showing, hopefully their parents can get over this. I am sure the girls will be ok.

An eye opener, the all powerfull US girls lost! Soon they will begin their college lax careers, so that they can strive to be on the sidelines after graduation coaching the next group of delusional kids and parents. Keep the money machine going.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
What do you mean?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US U19 team is a joke. Not the best girls represented. 10th and 11th graders on team , ???????? there are 2 girls, seniors from LI, that I know of and probably at least 5 more that should be on that team before the underclassman. this is embarrassing to girls lacrosse in the US. Politics. Two of the best players in the country from LI were not on that team. you guys can take it from there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey you pick the wrong girls, and you have an average team, instead of a super power.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its funny because those underclassman that made that team have a connection to the coaching staff. politics what a joke...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this is the same team that beat Canada in Lehigh by 15. ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Coaching Sucks. that what I mean..... no way the best girls from the USA lose to Canada. They didn't have the best girls representing the US. that is for sure.... Politics....... US coaching staff, college and HS coaches hand picked there own...
What a disgrace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct. Absolutely not the best girls representing the US.
What a shame.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
For the record.
All the posts after my post asked "what do you mean" are FROM THE SAME PERSON.
Never understood why people do that.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by The Hop
For the record.
Never understood why people do that.

There's an awful lot of that.. argh

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
How disappointing given the US team won the last four in a row. This team was supposed to bring home a fifth. Wonder what happened.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking at the roster and was wondering myself about some of the girls overlooked and also scratching my head on some ofo the girls chosen. Even after the politically motivated roster, this team still should have won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the mens team lose to Canada last year? These things happen. Any team sport hat is chosen, people will always claim politics. I am sure there are many girls who could of very well been on this team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Tough loss. Does this change how the team is put together in the future?

1) Take only upperclassmen HS players?
2) Take college players?
3) Different method of choosing players?

There appeared to be players deserving omitted from the team--there always are. But were obvious players overlooked? I have talked to folks who were at the game and the US offense was "offensive". Too much 1X1 play. Is there a need to re-think the coaching?

But lets applaud the efforts of those who won silver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are obvious politics involved in the U19 tryouts which is a travesty . If you are committed to the colleges that have evaluators at the tryout or connections to the U.S. team then you have a major advantage over other possibly more deserving kids. If you come from a high school w a coach who has connections you get the same advantage . The people that run the tryouts know that in general the other world teams are non competitive so they can get away with it , well it backfired and US lacrosse needs to recognize they are the ones who ultimately look foolish. That being said the person posting on here that some obvious kids from LI were left off the team are ridiculous , no one should be put on that team automatically , that's the point .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stat padding? its taught to the chosen (coaches pets) ones as they come up the ranks, it diminishes the team play concept.

Remember, there is no "I" in team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stat padding? its taught to the chosen (coaches pets) ones as they come up the ranks, it diminishes the team play concept.

Remember, there is no "I" in team.

But there is in "Win".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
During the spring I remember some posters bashing a team from the N.Y.C area. Turns out a player from that team not only goes on to beat your cherished top 18 recruits, but pulls off the best play of the tournament. Still at 100, but maybe the new coach knows something about talent beyond the stat leading headline seekers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
During the spring I remember some posters bashing a team from the N.Y.C area. Turns out a player from that team not only goes on to beat your cherished top 18 recruits, but pulls off the best play of the tournament. Still at 100, but maybe the new coach knows something about talent beyond the stat leading headline seekers.

What are u referring to? U lost me!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Also lost. Someone clue us in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

A poster kept bashing L.I.U Brooklyn for being the 100th ranked team. A player from Brooklyn pulled off a very nice b.h.b pass to beet the "best team" and take the lead that was never again caught. I think the lesson the poster was trying to teach is that todays whipping boy might be tomorrows challenger, and just because you get a lot of press, does not mean your the best, just the most talked about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A poster kept bashing L.I.U Brooklyn for being the 100th ranked team. A player from Brooklyn pulled off a very nice b.h.b pass to beet the "best team" and take the lead that was never again caught. I think the lesson the poster was trying to teach is that todays whipping boy might be tomorrows challenger, and just because you get a lot of press, does not mean your the best, just the most talked about

Oh, okay, got it. Yes, true that press doesn't necessarily mean anything but press.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Good point.
Maybe that's what the poster was saying when they were criticizing the MC parent who apparently lives on Twitter and is constantly updating the media on her daughters doings. I don't know if that's the case but press doesn't equal skill and shouldn't guarantee roster spots on any team especially the US U19 team.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=The Hop]For the record.
Never understood why people do that. [/quot

Who cares who there from u idiot

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
[quote=The Hop]For the record.
Never understood why people do that. [/quot

Who cares who there from u idiot

Because mental patients answering their own posts and conversing with themselves in an attemt to start trouble is an idiot move you idiot. Now shut your pie hole and take your medicine you Schizophrenic.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey hop trying to find last seasons posting about the huntington girls lacrosse debacle seems its not over can you tell me how to find them no luck with search

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
hey hop trying to find last seasons posting about the huntington girls lacrosse debacle seems its not over can you tell me how to find them no luck with search

Go to "forum list" at top header. Then click BOTC Main Forum. Then go to page 3. Scroll down to the Huntington girls thread.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Good point.
Maybe that's what the poster was saying when they were criticizing the MC parent who apparently lives on Twitter and is constantly updating the media on her daughters doings. I don't know if that's the case but press doesn't equal skill and shouldn't guarantee roster spots on any team especially the US U19 team.

Not going to defend the mom, but her behavior of self promotion does not mean her kids do not belong. U-19 playing going to Notre Dame, 3rd leading score for team USA, second in goals and second in assists. That is not everything important about the game, but I think deserving of being on the team, absolutely. Younger one going to UNC and I think Coach Levy is not making political decisions or reading mom's Twitter posts when signing a recruit. Talk ill of the mom if you must, but the kids can play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Coaching Sucks. that what I mean..... no way the best girls from the USA lose to Canada. They didn't have the best girls representing the US. that is for sure.... Politics....... US coaching staff, college and HS coaches hand picked there own...
What a disgrace.
it's about raising money for us lax as much as it is about talent. - they expect you to raise 5-10K to play and some did I more than that! Same on the us womens team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a disgrace.
it's about raising money for us lax as much as it is about talent. - they expect you to raise 5-10K to play and some did I more than that! Same on the us womens team

If that is the case and they chose by who generated the most money, then they are pretty pathetic! They definitely missed out on a few of the best kids from long island! 1 was an alternate and one was on the training team! I bet the coaches would rethink those decisions if they had a chance!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks hop for info on how to get back to huntington thread

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What a disgrace.

If that is the case and they chose by who generated the most money, then they are pretty pathetic! They definitely missed out on a few of the best kids from long island! 1 was an alternate and one was on the training team! I bet the coaches would rethink those decisions if they had a chance!

Not so sure they base their choice on how much money you can potentially tap into. If so, that's pretty sad. In any event, it's shocking how much money it costs to participate.

As for the MC mom tweeting about her daughters, IMO their actions should speak for themselves and mom should not blast everything out to the world. Anyone can recognize worth, and if they're worthy then we will all find out in due time without a parent shouting it out. All that bragging just irritates the rest of her followers. Again, one can always block or unfollow and not have to see the nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a disgrace.

Not so sure they base their choice on how much money you can potentially tap into. If so, that's pretty sad. In any event, it's shocking how much money it costs to participate.

As for the MC mom tweeting about her daughters, IMO their actions should speak for themselves and mom should not blast everything out to the world. Anyone can recognize worth, and if they're worthy then we will all find out in due time without a parent shouting it out. All that bragging just irritates the rest of her followers. Again, one can always block or unfollow and not have to see the nonsense.

Folks, are you paying attention? The fund raising is a requirement for being on the team, not a selection criteria. Read back a few posts, her kids are already known!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Folks, are you paying attention? The fund raising is a requirement for being on the team, not a selection criteria. Read back a few posts, her kids are already known!!!

If her kids are already known then there's really no reason for the social media onslaught.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If her kids are already known then there's really no reason for the social media onslaught.

Agreed, but if you read back through the threads, folks were equating that to the kids being over hyped and not deserving and that is simply bunk.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
thanks hop for info on how to get back to huntington thread

Anytime!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply