BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep telling yourself that. Teams are cyclical. 2019 year has better teams from MD. All the girls are the same age no matter if you play in MD or NY.

Who knows, 2020 and later maybe better.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are way to many LI teams and number of teams within clubs. This waters down clubs as they have to play way to many players and the better ones are split between teams.

It seems to me that MD clubs only have 1 or 2 teams per age group. This has the better players playing together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And the girls from Maryland are older within each grade just like on the boys side.

Because you say so? This is absolutely not true. Girls don't repeat 8th grade like boys do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the girls from Maryland are older within each grade just like on the boys side.

Holding kids back works out well for the boys because they tend to develope later. For girls - they all catch up by 8th or 9th grade because that is generally when they are all done growing. Back in 6th grade - a 13 year old is going to be that much bigger than the 11 year olds. But, once the girls hit that "period" in their lives - their growing slows down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched them play and it was not pretty. My daughter's team got dismantled by Hero's. In watching teams play this summer, M & D is clearly the best with Hero's and Skywalkers being a close second. These teams clearly separated themselves from the rest of the pack.

That's easy to say when you watch the MD teams play the third tier LI teams. How have they done against the top LI teams. Why wasn't Heros down in Richmond last weekend?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because you say so? This is absolutely not true. Girls don't repeat 8th grade like boys do

Actually they are on average older , the cut off for school is different and holding a kid back in school is more common.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually they are on average older , the cut off for school is different and holding a kid back in school is more common.

Unless an disproportionate number of LI girls are born in September - November, I really doubt it makes much difference. I think you will find that more girls start school late in LI because of the 12/1 date then do in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, from what I saw this weekend at Hofstra - the Maryland girls all seemed pretty big. What do they feed them down there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, from what I saw this weekend at Hofstra - the Maryland girls all seemed pretty big. What do they feed them down there?

Someone from our team asked the same question to a parent of a very tall, fast, dominate kid from Skywalkers who we had just lost to and the response was "Yellow jackets" which i have to admit made me laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone from our team asked the same question to a parent of a very tall, fast, dominate kid from Skywalkers who we had just lost to and the response was "Yellow jackets" which i have to admit made me laugh

I've heard the term 'corn fed' - that's not what I was expecting corn fed to look like.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny except when the combo 2020-2019 YJ team kicked the SW 2018 teams butt at U15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see they beat somebody. Maybe they should pull more 2020 girls to their team. From what I seen all summer the 2019 team go beat a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
still easily the best 2019 team north of MD , lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny except when the combo 2020-2019 YJ team kicked the SW 2018 teams butt at U15

Where was the YJ 2018 team? Or were they too old for that tournament? It was U15, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where was the YJ 2018 team? Or were they too old for that tournament? It was U15,
right?

Ummmm , ............YJ 2018 won the tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's certainly up for debate, who have they beaten worth talking about? Curcio 2020 would easily beat Carro 2019 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easily is an overstatement for sure. They haven't played very many 2019 teams north of Maryland. Bet there are some that could give them a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy there...Yj 2019 Carro beat M&D black, hero's, skywalkers 2018 and 2019, TLC, MD United and a bunch of other quality teams - all this summer- in fairness, they took losses to some of these teams too, but THAT's who they've beaten worth talking about.

That's certainly up for debate, who have they beaten worth talking about? Curcio 2020 would easily beat Carro 2019 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous

... There is always someone trying to stirr the pot. Don't fall for it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy there...Yj 2019 Carro beat M&D black, hero's, skywalkers 2018 and 2019, TLC, MD United and a bunch of other quality teams - all this summer- in fairness, they took losses to some of these teams too, but THAT's who they've beaten worth talking about.

Easy there yourself as YJ 2019 did not beat SW 2018 , don't fall into that trap . If you insist on claiming that win you will end up looking the fool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there yourself as YJ 2019 did not beat SW 2018 , don't fall into that trap . If you insist on claiming that win you will end up looking the fool.

There would be plenty of crow served up after a Carro / Curcio game. I've seen YJ 2019 blue - play - it's not that they are a bad - but, I think that the competition in that 2019 age group is just that much better. They do not get much of a break when it comes to competition. The 2020 age group is not just as strong from top to bottom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This may not seem like the right group, but I will ask anyway. My daughter is going into 5th grade and wants to do travel. See played in the Yellow Jackets tournaments a week ago for here town and we played against a great Igloo girls team. I believe they beat both Yellow Jackets teams in that grade. And someone told me that they have beaten Liberty, 91, and others. Igloo must be doing something right, can anyone tell me about them from the girls stand point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This may not seem like the right group, but I will ask anyway. My daughter is going into 5th grade and wants to do travel. See played in the Yellow Jackets tournaments a week ago for here town and we played against a great Igloo girls team. I believe they beat both Yellow Jackets teams in that grade. And someone told me that they have beaten Liberty, 91, and others. Igloo must be doing something right, can anyone tell me about them from the girls stand point.

Go to the 2022 message board. I find it hard to believe that they beat both YJ teams, I dont think the top YJs team lost at all this whole summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the 2022 message board. I find it hard to believe that they beat both YJ teams, I dont think the top YJs team lost at all this whole summer

she is actually a 2023 player (entering 5th Grade)
The 2022 YJ blue team lost a few times in pool play but won all playoff format tournamnets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's true. Igloo beat both YJ teams. I believe they beat the A team 4-1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going into 5th is 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Girls 2023 did in fact beat YJ A and B. They have been beating a lot of teams all season. They went undefeated last weekend. Great Coaches. Know how to teach and motivate the girls. Very good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They most certainly did not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 best 2019?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn't beat Jesters Girls United 2023.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard