BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 46 1 2 43 44 45 46
Re: Boys 2024 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Friend of mine has a son on the 2024 team. Said overall he was happy but thought practices should have been on individual skills a bit more - instead of plays. Not enough coverage of the basics. Overall he was happy with Igloo though. We will try out for them this year, as our first year of travel. Ans a few others. No idea what to expect.

Their coach loves the 2-2-2 and wants everyone to know it. I agree that kids need the to work on their stick skills at this age more than running plays.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hopefully all the winter practices are for dodging , stick skills, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friend of mine has a son on the 2024 team. Said overall he was happy but thought practices should have been on individual skills a bit more - instead of plays. Not enough coverage of the basics. Overall he was happy with Igloo though. We will try out for them this year, as our first year of travel. Ans a few others. No idea what to expect.

Their coach loves the 2-2-2 and wants everyone to know it. I agree that kids need the to work on their stick skills at this age more than running plays.

Your kid is playing TRAVEL lacrosse, they need to work on stick skills at home and at clinics. If they can not throw and catch, then why try out?
Practice should be 10-15 minutes of warm up, 15 minutes of skills. 30 minutes of putting in and/or reinforcing plays for both Offense and Defense, then 20-30 minutes of real speed game play followed by 10 minutes of something fun and competitive. Something at the end where a kid wins, anything from running races to faceoffs to ground ball "ballhog" winners. You want to see who competes and who just moves along. It is TRAVEL LACROSSE people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overpriced program. More about the "look" than the actual sport. Line your bags up, pull your socks up and make sure we look the part. If that's worth your &3500 than have at it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overpriced program. More about the "look" than the actual sport. Line your bags up, pull your socks up and make sure we look the part. If that's worth your &3500 than have at it.

So discipline and rules and the kids being organized is more about the look? Getting a schedule and sticking to it? I think that is pretty good for this age kids and that the "look" as you call it is part of what sports is about.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the record of the teams. Its about learning the sport, whether your bags are lined up or your socks match the next kids is a waste of time and money at this age. That BS is about luring new parents in to bite on what they sell. When the team loses to another team 10-1 and that other team has different helmets on or not quite matching socks tell me how that "look" feels then. But keep buying into at 9 years old, seems to be working. That's what the sports about? Wake up man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid is playing TRAVEL lacrosse, they need to work on stick skills at home and at clinics. If they can not throw and catch, then why try out?
Practice should be 10-15 minutes of warm up, 15 minutes of skills. 30 minutes of putting in and/or reinforcing plays for both Offense and Defense, then 20-30 minutes of real speed game play followed by 10 minutes of something fun and competitive. Something at the end where a kid wins, anything from running races to faceoffs to ground ball "ballhog" winners. You want to see who competes and who just moves along. It is TRAVEL LACROSSE people.

AGREE!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the fact my son is learning discipline, organization and responsibility along with improving his lax skills and IQ -- to me well worth the money. The "look" I see is uniformity which is part of being on a "team". But that's why there are choices. Pick what works for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes we did. We got 8 winter box lacrosse sessions which we did not pay extra for. And when we scrimmaged other teams we were not charged (the opposing teams parents had to pay to participate in scrimmages). Be wary of those low upfront prices!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes we did. We got 8 winter box lacrosse sessions which we did not pay extra for. And when we scrimmaged other teams we were not charged (the opposing teams parents had to pay to participate in scrimmages). Be wary of those low upfront prices!

Did they play BOX Lacrosse or was it just indoor training? Two totally different things.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Box. It was separate from the indoor which they also did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2 coaches hired specialized in Box Lacrosse. They were not the regular team coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they play BOX Lacrosse or was it just indoor training? Two totally different things.

Both actually. Indoor all winter and additional box every other weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Take a look at the record of the teams. Its about learning the sport, whether your bags are lined up or your socks match the next kids is a waste of time and money at this age. That BS is about luring new parents in to bite on what they sell. When the team loses to another team 10-1 and that other team has different helmets on or not quite matching socks tell me how that "look" feels then. But keep buying into at 9 years old, seems to be working. That's what the sports about? Wake up man [/quote

Everyone has choices. I know my son wanted to sleep in his gear and wear his helmet to school he was so excited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the record of the teams. Its about learning the sport, whether your bags are lined up or your socks match the next kids is a waste of time and money at this age. That BS is about luring new parents in to bite on what they sell. When the team loses to another team 10-1 and that other team has different helmets on or not quite matching socks tell me how that "look" feels then. But keep buying into at 9 years old, seems to be working. That's what the sports about? Wake up man

To each their own. Plenty of low priced options without all the bells and whistles. The trend does seem to be that the more established, successful teams have all the gear too. Haven't seen a rogue group tearing up any travel tourneys. Pretty sure most Tourneys were won by 91, Legacy, Igloo, Outlaws, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both actually. Indoor all winter and additional box every other weekend

That's great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You could look into Express 2024, they will be a new team next season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be lots of options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to be a good team once combined with avengers

Wait for it.............

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if clubs want to get kids at their tryouts they need to list coaches before tryouts. when I see "coaches" to be determined it is a big turnoff. tryouts start to get $$$ and not knowing who the coaches are before hand is not good. Igloo is good about listing their coaches and their fees so you know what to expect going in or can not go based on either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if clubs want to get kids at their tryouts they need to list coaches before tryouts. when I see "coaches" to be determined it is a big turnoff. tryouts start to get $$$ and not knowing who the coaches are before hand is not good. Igloo is good about listing their coaches and their fees so you know what to expect going in or can not go based on either.

Still a lot of TBA for igloo teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait for it.............

Too easy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait for it.............

Too easy!

Average?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many spots do you think there will be at the tier of teams below outlaws, igloo, express. Will they keep most of existing team or just core handful? Trying to manage expectations for tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many spots do you think there will be at the tier of teams below outlaws, igloo, express. Will they keep most of existing team or just core handful? Trying to manage expectations for tryouts

If your kid is good he should be able to make all of those teams. All need add and upgrade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid is good he should be able to make all of those teams. All need add and upgrade.

If you are looking at those teams, there should be a fair amount of spots as the middle set of clubs try to breakout. Below that or on B teams, you have to decide on the trade off between Travel and just saving your money and using it for clinics and the like. And you can also use that as a platform to see/test coaches and organizations for your boy next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought Express 2024 was basically turning into 91 Avengers with a few roll over kids from Express staying on?!?!

Will there be another 91 2024 team or another Express 2024 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express & 91 have always had at least 2 teams in 4th grade & up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought Express 2024 was basically turning into 91 Avengers with a few roll over kids from Express staying on?!?!

Stay away from the Express Locals, you kid will not get a fair shot as long as the current team (Averagers) are guaranteed spots. 91 will be building a new B Team so be careful there too. Pick a Coach and run there.
The coach will have to be what you decide on, but these might be two

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay away from the Express Locals, you kid will not get a fair shot as long as the current team (Averagers) are guaranteed spots. 91 will be building a new B Team so be careful there too. Pick a Coach and run there.

There you are!!!! We missed you! Feel better mr average?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K

Mr less then Average is posting to himself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K

Mr less then Average is posting to himself

Apparently not!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy TAZ is looking to upgrade about 8 to 10 spots. They practice a ton and were already very good last yeat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Legacy Taz practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They practice east Islip marina it's about 20-25 minutes for Nassau boys and 15-20 for Suffolk all depending where and how Far East or west u are. Also I hear they are close to adding a location in Nassau. Hope this helps....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 kids on the field, so how can you want to upgrade 10 spots. You just they were very good. I like your marketing though. If you say looking to upgrade 3 spots, nobody tries out. Very smart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be great if every team posted exact practice locations. Wishing and dreaming I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Legacy Taz practice?

East Islip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 kids on the field, so how can you want to upgrade 10 spots. You just they were very good. I like your marketing though. If you say looking to upgrade 3 spots, nobody tries out. Very smart.

I'm assuming they meant the bottom half of the roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is one of those spots to upgrade the daddy coach who only cares about his own son.

Page 45 of 46 1 2 43 44 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard