Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22
#127954 - 07/29/15 08:35 AM Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016  
TommyM Offline
Back of THE CAGE
TommyM  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

NY
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2018-10th Grade age group.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#128690 - 08/03/15 06:04 PM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who is trying out where?

#128694 - 08/03/15 06:29 PM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Parent of a younger player here. Curious what reality is on the recuiting front at this age. How many kids from each club team arc committed? 2, 5, 10? You would think based on some loser bloggers that half the class is done at this age group.

#128695 - 08/03/15 06:40 PM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What are the most competitive tournaments on the summer circuit for the rising 10th grade. Which draw the most college coaches? Best teams? Please respond if your son participated this summer at this age group

#128714 - 08/04/15 06:58 AM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are about 125 to 150 2018 recruited so far out of a possible 650. Most schools will try and recruit 6 early and 6 later if possible. The lower level d1 have trouble recruiting early and some do not do it at all.
Top teams have most recruits but lower level teams have some.
it does not matter what team you play on if your son is talented they will be recruited.
Best way to get recruited is go to schools prospect camp and rip it up.

Sponsored Links
#128728 - 08/04/15 08:06 AM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know about D3 school timelines? When to contact coaches, send video etc? I'm specifically referring to the top D3 schools. I know there aren't any athletic scholarships, but academics will hopefully be a game changer in tuition.

We have learned so much about D1 but very little about D3, other than a few important showcases and the more we look at schools the more we think D3 will help my son go the furthest academically, athletically and career wise.

Thanks for any input.

#128756 - 08/04/15 09:36 AM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parent of a younger player here. Curious what reality is on the recuiting front at this age. How many kids from each club team arc committed? 2, 5, 10? You would think based on some loser bloggers that half the class is done at this age group.

Each year any particular organization can be stronger or weaker but here is the early recruiting (published)list, but there probably others that have not been made public

Checkmate
Gregory Capelle, D, Herricks (N.Y.) - AIR FORCE
Legacy, LI Express
Steven Pinto, M, Connetquot (N.Y.) - STONY BROOK
LI Express
Andrew Bonafede, G, Chaminade (N.Y.)   - DUKE
Christian Villani, M, Smithtown E(N.Y.) - MARYLAND
J.P. Lannig, A, Syosset (N.Y.) - MICHIGAN
Will Kusnierek, A - NOTRE DAME
Tate Young, M, Westlake (Tex.) - PENN
Michael Giaquinto, F/0 - PENN STATE
Brady Kenneally - JOHNS HOPKINS
LI Jesters
Tim Ley, A, Massapequa (N.Y.) - BOSTON U.
LI Outlaws
Cole Dutton, M, Garden City (N.Y.) - LAFAYETTE
SweetLax, LI Outlaws
Joe Neuman, F - JOHNS HOPKINS
Team 91
Drew Martin, M, HHHills East (N.Y.) - AIR FORCE
Jordan Ginder, FO - DUKE
Frank Marinello, D, Chaminade (N.Y.) - DUKE
Owen Caputo, M, Middle Creek (N.C.) - DUKE
Michael Gomez, D, HHHills East (N.Y.) - JOHNS HOPKINS
George Wichelns, A, Connetquot (N.Y.) - MARYLAND
Max Verch, LSM - MARYLAND
Alex Bamford, A, Brunswick (Conn.) - MICHIGAN
Chris Nicholas, M, Chaminade (N.Y.) - NORTH CAROLINA
Sean Kuttin, M, Chaminade (N.Y.) - JOHNS HOPKINS
Anthony Tangredi. D, Chaminade (N.Y.) - LEHIGH

#128761 - 08/04/15 09:55 AM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know about D3 school timelines? When to contact coaches, send video etc? I'm specifically referring to the top D3 schools. I know there aren't any athletic scholarships, but academics will hopefully be a game changer in tuition.

We have learned so much about D1 but very little about D3, other than a few important showcases and the more we look at schools the more we think D3 will help my son go the furthest academically, athletically and career wise.

Thanks for any input.

What are the important D3 Showcases? Thanks

#128784 - 08/04/15 12:54 PM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for any input.

As most D3 coaches will tell you, if you are interested in D3, you can reach out anytime. There are no rules regulating D3. As for video, some schools will tell you to update after every season, school, summer, fall, winter that is assuming the player plays all year round, if not, just the season played, also, if they play other sports, they like footage of that too.

#128799 - 08/04/15 05:43 PM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most if not all d3 will commit after junior year. You will be on their radar as a soph. The high end d3 which includes all Nescac will want a 3 year grade report and an SAT that qualifies. This will get you support from the coach to admissions if they want you as a player. In most cases do your prospect days in the fall of your soph year and junior year to see where you fit and if your son likes the feel of these schools in this space. The coaches are very up front and will communicate openly. Enjoy the visits. Many of the facilities will impress and surprise you.

Sponsored Links
#128800 - 08/04/15 06:03 PM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

D3s generally take their players during the summer between junior and senior year, (after junior year board scores are available), but the "rising junior" summer can be an important one to get on their radar, particularly for NESCAC schools.

For example, the top D3s are finishing up their 2016 classes now and have been looking at 2017s since the start of this past summer. Again, just general time guidelines.

Thanks for any input.

#128801 - 08/04/15 06:34 PM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are high schools going to adapt the college face-offs rules?

#128803 - 08/04/15 07:01 PM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

D3s generally take their players during the summer between junior and senior year, (after junior year board scores are available), but the "rising junior" summer can be an important one to get on their radar, particularly for NESCAC schools.

For example, the top D3s are finishing up their 2016 classes now and have been looking at 2017s since the start of this past summer. Again, just general time guidelines.

Thanks for any input.

Thank you for the input. As for the showcases- we were told top D3 coaches would be at the big ones that you would expect like Under Armor, to try the New England Top 150 camp, as well as the Prep School showcase and as many prospect days of the schools we think may be fit my son and his interests. These were recommendations, nothing we have personally done. If anyone has other advice, that'd be welcome as well.

#128812 - 08/04/15 10:45 PM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for any input.

Thank you for the input. As for the showcases- we were told top D3 coaches would be at the big ones that you would expect like Under Armor, to try the New England Top 150 camp, as well as the Prep School showcase and as many prospect days of the schools we think may be fit my son and his interests. These were recommendations, nothing we have personally done. If anyone has other advice, that'd be welcome as well.

I wouldn't worry about specifically attending D3 showcases, D3 coaches will start looking at your son's team in his rising junior summer. They really won't look much at younger players unless the player shows interest. My son is a rising junior, and we never noticed D3 coaches until this year, unless you specifically contact them many assume younger players are holding out for D1 offers. Contacting coaches and letting them know your son is interested early in the game would be a good strategy, and attending specific school's prospect days. There is no great rush to commit to a D3 program, most players are rising seniors at the earliest.

#128816 - 08/05/15 06:55 AM Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are high schools going to adapt the college face-offs rules?

Yes they are. Some states already this past season

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams
New York Lacrosse Academy Boy's HS Showcase
LI Girl's Showcase
LI Boy's Showcase
CAMPS & CLINICS
Girl's Shooting & Dodging Clinic w/ U. of Oregon Coach Michelle Tumolo