BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 86 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2018 went 1 - 2 - and 1 at fl$ in 3d. Is Madlax Capital 2018 a different team ? That doesn't sound like top 5 ?
the AAA team did not play fl$, but the AA team did and was very competitive. AAA had weekend off and is unquestionably best in DC area and a top 5 team in the country. 6-7 high D1 recruits and counting

Did you just say AAA? Are you making things up? Never seen AAA rating for a team ever!! Is that to make people on the "C" team feel better about being on "A" team?
Crazy!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 went 1 - 2 - and 1 at fl$ in 3d. Is Madlax Capital 2018 a different team ? That doesn't sound like top 5 ?
the AAA team did not play fl$, but the AA team did and was very competitive. AAA had weekend off and is unquestionably best in DC area and a top 5 team in the country. 6-7 high D1 recruits and counting

Did you just say AAA? Are you making things up? Never seen AAA rating for a team ever!! Is that to make people on the "C" team feel better about being on "A" team?
Crazy!

I think my man has confused ice hockey with lacrosse. Ice hockey has AAA, not lax!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crazy!

Hey quit letting people in on the marketing strategy of lacrosse clubs. Call the A team AAA, B team AA and C team A. Vola, just make the A team and my C ability player is headed to D1, well maybe D11 according to club director! ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct it is a marketing thing. They have two teams AAA and AA. Its just a way to say/show they have really good second teams. But you are correct they are trying to create a new classifier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is the strongest program, top to bottom, in DC. Period
It's really not even close.
2016 won UA shootout
2017 lost in semi's of UA, playing up
2018 is stacked, a top 5 team in the country
2019 is the top team in the country.
That's just the HS teams!
All agree the youth teams are strongest in DC

2019 is not the top team in the country. They lost to Crabs, FCA, HHH... this season. If you are talking about the National Team, please say so. That team has at least one 10th grader on it.

Stop hating. They beat each of those teams too. Won over 20 games in a row to finish summer, 4 straight tournaments, including toughest tourneys in the country Young Guns and UMD. Finished 2nd in another, losing in overtime. Played toughest schedule and won. Beat the unbeatable Canadian Edge team that registered a 10th grade team in the 9th grade division. Players getting tons of attention from Top D1 recruiters.
If you want to be the best, play with the best. Go Madlax!

Please, the DC 2019 team had a losing record against FCA 1-2 and Crabs 1-2 this year. How can they be the best in the country? If you are boasting about the success the National team had at the end of the season the please be clear. Yes that team had a nice run, but comparing that team to the DC team is not an apples to apples comparison. How do the DC players feel about giving up up playing time to those out of state ringers and to the 10 grader(s)?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 won UA shootout

2019 is not the top team in the country. They lost to Crabs, FCA, HHH... this season. If you are talking about the National Team, please say so. That team has at least one 10th grader on it.

Stop hating. They beat each of those teams too. Won over 20 games in a row to finish summer, 4 straight tournaments, including toughest tourneys in the country Young Guns and UMD. Finished 2nd in another, losing in overtime. Played toughest schedule and won. Beat the unbeatable Canadian Edge team that registered a 10th grade team in the 9th grade division. Players getting tons of attention from Top D1 recruiters.

Please, the DC 2019 team had a losing record against FCA 1-2 and Crabs 1-2 this year. How can they be the best in the country? If you are boasting about the success the National team had at the end of the season the please be clear. Yes that team had a nice run, but comparing that team to the DC team is not an apples to apples comparison. How do the DC players feel about giving up up playing time to those out of state ringers and to the 10 grader(s)?

Madlax has had 7 players on that team get mentions. That is what this is about getting seen, being seen so if you have what it takes to play at the next level you get that chance. I read all the list on all the sites. And Madlax has players all over these list. Blackwolf and VLC has kids on the lists also but the Madlax kids from the 2018 and 2019 classes are there at a 2 to 1 ratio or higher.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crazy!

It is a stupid marketing trick that the owner came up with last summer that nobody buys. Because he found enough suckers to field 3 teams at that grade, he basically he called his best team "AAA" in order to call his B team "AA" and his C team "A".

The entire "AA" v "A" thing is stupid, although the "AA" term was created to separate a club's best team ("AA") from a rec's best team ("A").

Now that he has plans to split his marginal B teams into two separate B teams, I'm sure he'll call all his "AA" teams "AAA", and these B teams will now be called "AA".

Everyone sees through it. What do you expect from a guy who charges his kid $200 a month in order to advocate for them to college coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crazy!

It is a stupid marketing trick that the owner came up with last summer that nobody buys. Because he found enough suckers to field 3 teams at that grade, he basically he called his best team "AAA" in order to call his B team "AA" and his C team "A".

The entire "AA" v "A" thing is stupid, although the "AA" term was created to separate a club's best team ("AA") from a rec's best team ("A").

Now that he has plans to split his marginal B teams into two separate B teams, I'm sure he'll call all his "AA" teams "AAA", and these B teams will now be called "AA".

Everyone sees through it. What do you expect from a guy who charges his kid $200 a month in order to advocate for them to college coaches?

Really now you are going with $200 a month its $100 a month and it pays the coaches and gets some extra workouts in the winter. A rip off yes but no need to lie to make it worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a fan of Cabell Maddux. I think he is an overblown clown, but if he has three teams in an age group what else should he call them. He could call them orange, blue and white and people would still come on here and [lacrosse] about it. A little silly to focus on the semantics when there are so many other things to laugh or pick at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a fan of Cabell Maddux. I think he is an overblown clown, but if he has three teams in an age group what else should he call them. He could call them orange, blue and white and people would still come on here and [lacrosse] about it. A little silly to focus on the semantics when there are so many other things to laugh or pick at.

Thank you for a voice of reason. But I still can not get over why all these guys from the other local clubs refuse to put what they pay and what they get for a 12 month or break it down by season. Only giving opinions not facts. I am sure Madlax is killing people but you other guys will not put the facts out there to prove it. You want people to just take a strangers word for it without and facts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2017 Capital just won Inside Lacrosse Recruiting Invitational (session 3) against a very tough Leading Edge Elite.

And Madlax 2018 Nationals took home the championship against Mesa Fresh. The summer series was full of top notch teams including Eclipse, Breakers, etc... and D1 commits. Not looking for love here, but check your facts, show some class and give respect where it's due.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse 2017 and Leading Edge are both excellent teams. Both, however, were missing a ton of guys.

Madlax 2017 is nowhere near the elite level. As far Madlax 2018, that is a good result, but it was a weak field. They cannot hang with top teams like the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have the rosters from the tournament in front of me. I was there. Eclipse had 7 D1 commits including Virginia, North Carolina and Maryland. Leading Edge had 12 D1 commits including John Hopkins, Princeton, Georgetown, Villanova, etc... Madlax 2017 has 6 D1 commits to date. Keep it classy and give credit where it's due. Madlax players earned it and deserved it. It's as simple as that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have the rosters from the tournament in front of me. I was there. Eclipse had 7 D1 commits including Virginia, North Carolina and Maryland. Leading Edge had 12 D1 commits including John Hopkins, Princeton, Georgetown, Villanova, etc... Madlax 2017 has 6 D1 commits to date. Keep it classy and give credit where it's due. Madlax players earned it and deserved it. It's as simple as that.

I agree that Madlax does deserve to get some credit. They are a top 20 program and the numbers do not lie. You can talk about the issues Madlax does have all day. But they do produce results as much as any club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not the issue with Madlax. The issue is all the holdbacks they have throughout their program.

Cheating, pure and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the elite teams in the Baltimore and DC area that consist primarily of private school kids are filled with hold backs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the elite teams in the Baltimore and DC area that consist primarily of private school kids are filled with hold backs.

But only does a club like Madlax have a 2020 kid who is playing for their 2021 team. Or a 2017 kid who is playing for their 2018 team. Or a kid who just completed his freshman year (2018) who is now playing on their 2019 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did this sport get to a point where the ranking of a team is how many kids committed to colleges versus performance on the field. 3d has a high school team with 8 D1 commits. Three VMI, a Mercer a Marist and can't remember the others. My son's rec team could beat them. PVI has over 10 commits. How many of those kids can really play at a high level. One? Two? Remember, the Ryans are gone now so can't keep riding those two players for a reputation.

Lacrosse people look seriously stupid to impute quality by college commit lists. It has almost gotten to a point where a kid should legally change his name to John Doe (UNC) or Joe Smith (JHU). Jesus, as someone who did college sports and actually accomplished something in a sport at an ACC school, this is all a little silly and kind of offensive to me. You're a Cavalier when you've worn the V in a match. You're nobody for just showing up and attending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did this sport get to a point where the ranking of a team is how many kids committed to colleges versus performance on the field. 3d has a high school team with 8 D1 commits. Three VMI, a Mercer a Marist and can't remember the others. My son's rec team could beat them. PVI has over 10 commits. How many of those kids can really play at a high level. One? Two? Remember, the Ryans are gone now so can't keep riding those two players for a reputation.

Lacrosse people look seriously stupid to impute quality by college commit lists. It has almost gotten to a point where a kid should legally change his name to John Doe (UNC) or Joe Smith (JHU). Jesus, as someone who did college sports and actually accomplished something in a sport at an ACC school, this is all a little silly and kind of offensive to me. You're a Cavalier when you've worn the V in a match. You're nobody for just showing up and attending.

Well when you are talking about a club team not a high school team it is all about the verbals and the college looks. High school team is about winning a ring and what your team ranking is. Club is about getting better and being seen. The high school team you should play out of position to help the team win. In club play where and what is best for you. If your club team runs 100s of plays and you score through scheme not skill it does not help the kids on that team to be scouted. Sorry to the old school guys but its true. If a high school basketball team runs the Princeton Offense perfectly its going to be really hard for those kids to scouted for there skill. So club is the same way the system needs to be set up to showcase the kids raw skill. Team play is important but the scouts want and need to see if you can take your guy one on one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is world class pathetic. Find me one prep school program in the MIAA or at a top lacrosse prep school in the DMV that doesn't live for lacrosse commit lists. Go find me one news clipping of a BL game or a Bullis game or a PVI game to name three where the kids who scored goals or are noted in the article with college commits in parenthesis. Laxpower has threads where commit lists by prep school are updated almost weekly. I will take the other side of what you wrote, I think it is enough for most kids to just say they were committed to a college. We can agree to disagree, but I don't see a kid being a Cav or a Tarheel until he wears a jersey and does something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is world class pathetic. Find me one prep school program in the MIAA or at a top lacrosse prep school in the DMV that doesn't live for lacrosse commit lists. Go find me one news clipping of a BL game or a Bullis game or a PVI game to name three where the kids who scored goals or are noted in the article with college commits in parenthesis. Laxpower has threads where commit lists by prep school are updated almost weekly. I will take the other side of what you wrote, I think it is enough for most kids to just say they were committed to a college. We can agree to disagree, but I don't see a kid being a Cav or a Tarheel until he wears a jersey and does something.

I agree with you statement that you are not a Cav tell you touch the field. But that does not change if a kid pick them when he is 14 or 18 or 19. Putting a college next to a kids name is the easiest way for a avg. person to know how good the kid is. If they put all his stats next to his name would you have a issue with that. Also its 2015 so when they put the college next to a kids name the article comes up in google searches by someone searching the school. Which is good for the paper it gets more hits for its website which makes them more money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting their college next to their name tells us how good they are? Correction: it tells you how good they were in 8th grade. I wouldn't care any more of stats were there either. I just think it is hysterical nobody can write a paragraph about a game without mentioning college commits next to names of every kid who scored a goal. I think you meant to write how good they were in 8th grade. BTW, I doubt a real news publication really cares about more "UNC" google hits leading to its website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC is a AA team. Hawks are to far for any VA Madlax kid. and Cavs could be a good choice but they carried a 28 kid roster or something like that. You see you can not just say Madlax Blue teams suck with out giving a real option for a kid to go play for. Madlax cost more but plays more. They are still over priced for sure. But can someone from VLC, Cavs, Madlax, and Beth. Please state the total amount of games and practices and the 12 month complete break down for what each pays. Madlax will be the highest $ amount for sure. But compare the money to games and practices played. This should be a great time for the Madlax killers out there to prove what a rip off Madlax is. I would love to say to the Madlax owner the Cavs pay this amount of $ and they play this many games for the year. But no one will every put it on here.

On the subject of credible A-level alternatives to the Madlax Blue, does anyone know anything about Top Caliber lacrosse in Alexandria? I believe their program may have just begun this spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than Madlax 2019 Orange, name a 2019 DC club that won a tournament. Go ahead...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 won UA shootout

Madlax 2019 National Team played one tournament, Young Guns, and won it. Capital kids are 9 of 10 starters and 14 of top 15 on that team. Like it or not, Madlax 2019 Orange is by far the best in DC area and the best team in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 didn't make final four at Platinum Cup when the D1 coaches were there. ( 15 of them) LI Express lost to 91 Laxachusettes and Crabs lost in semi's .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than Madlax 2019 Orange, name a 2019 DC club that won a tournament. Go ahead...

When your son grows up, you'll realize that while winning games and even a tournament is great, that is not the point of youth lacrosse. Nobody cares who wins a tournament. The point is getting better to play at higher levels.

Enjoy your trophy because nobody cares. You'll grow up someday, too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When your son grows up, you'll realize that while winning games and even a tournament is great, that is not the point of youth lacrosse. Nobody cares who wins a tournament. The point is getting better to play at higher levels.

Enjoy your trophy because nobody cares. You'll grow up someday, too.

People care or else they would not put so much time and effort into being the best. You obviously care because you are posting here. I think attendance is dropping in professional sports because they don't care about strangers and realizing that dumping their money into their kids who they do care about is much more rewarding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tell the kids and parents it's not about winning and losing. I schedule tough teams and tournaments so the kids grow and play teams that are better and realize what they need to do to step it up a level. Our playing style is based on long-term skills versus winning, i.e., taking a shot with your off-hand and not scoring or making that one more pass and your teammate drops it, versus powering through for the score.

All that said, those late afternoon post-championship photos are a big deal. Kids love it. Great for team morale. Parents love it. Makes kids more committed and loyal to team, etc. Parents can tell if a coach is organized and gives it is all and treats their kids well, but at the end of the day if you are losing they think you are a bad coach and if you are winning they think you are a good coach. That's life really.

More cynically, if a program is in it for the money, winning is what is going to make you money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tell the kids and parents it's not about winning and losing. I schedule tough teams and tournaments so the kids grow and play teams that are better and realize what they need to do to step it up a level. Our playing style is based on long-term skills versus winning, i.e., taking a shot with your off-hand and not scoring or making that one more pass and your teammate drops it, versus powering through for the score.

All that said, those late afternoon post-championship photos are a big deal. Kids love it. Great for team morale. Parents love it. Makes kids more committed and loyal to team, etc. Parents can tell if a coach is organized and gives it is all and treats their kids well, but at the end of the day if you are losing they think you are a bad coach and if you are winning they think you are a good coach. That's life really.

More cynically, if a program is in it for the money, winning is what is going to make you money.

This is a great post. You have to care enough about winning to want to go and put up with the heat,travel and other outside crap. The best tournaments are when your team has a winning record but you didnt get the wins by 10 goals or more. I will take a 2-3 weekend with 5 one or 2 goal games over a 5-0 weekend with 5 blow outs. And I think thats what you get when you pay the extra money for some of the better clubs. The new lower level clubs go and get smoked in 5 games or play in a tournament to low for them and win 5 blow outs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who'd have thunk it two years ago that after all that drama Madlax would be the one which wiped every other local program out. I'm not a Madlax parent, am not a past Madlax parent and never will be a Madlax parent and have no reason to heap false praises. Madlax has the best youth teams by far, has the best middle school teams by far and has the best 2018 and 2019 teams locally by far. Next Level is done, VLC had a couple of good HS teams to live off until this year, comprised largely of kids poached from Madlax youth teams, but have not replicated the 2015 VLC team, and the 2017 team has had one outstanding player after the next leave over the past 18 months. VLC's youth teams are back to square one being coached by parents, and their HS teams are being handed off to local public HS coaches. Sound a little bit like Club Blue, Next Level, Cavalier, etc etc? Cabell isn't an admirable character, but he has won big. Game, set, match Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I don't understand why there are no other programs in NoVa fielding "A" level youth lacrosse teams. Area should be able to support a half a dozen. I would think the area's huge affluent population would be all about supporting competitive travel lacrosse. Why is this? Everyone just does swimming or soccer? Are kids not starting by age 6 or 7?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My just turned 11 year old quit lacrosse after the spring. Enjoys baseball and soccer more. Had nothing to do with being better at another sport or being worse at lacrosse or wanting to focus on one sport. He just didn't enjoy it. My early teen boy plays for a good club team, but a few of his friends in recent spring summer have also quit lacrosse. My sample size is obviously very small, but do see some kids just deciding to do other sports. Lacrosse has been a very big fad in the past few years. Maybe that momentum is fading off some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who'd have thunk it two years ago that after all that drama Madlax would be the one which wiped every other local program out. I'm not a Madlax parent, am not a past Madlax parent and never will be a Madlax parent and have no reason to heap false praises. Madlax has the best youth teams by far, has the best middle school teams by far and has the best 2018 and 2019 teams locally by far. Next Level is done, VLC had a couple of good HS teams to live off until this year, comprised largely of kids poached from Madlax youth teams, but have not replicated the 2015 VLC team, and the 2017 team has had one outstanding player after the next leave over the past 18 months. VLC's youth teams are back to square one being coached by parents, and their HS teams are being handed off to local public HS coaches. Sound a little bit like Club Blue, Next Level, Cavalier, etc etc? Cabell isn't an admirable character, but he has won big. Game, set, match Madlax.

Redneck Madlax dad rehashing the same lies. Stay away from the moonshine, dude.f

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, the obsession to mention another club on a thread about Madlax. Strange.

Can we get back to talking about how Madlax uses kids from older grades on younger teams? I'm not talking about a kid who is reclassifying and is now on the team for his new grade. I'm talking about how Madlax has a 2020 kid on their 2021 team, for example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, the obsession to mention another club on a thread about Madlax. Strange.

Can we get back to talking about how Madlax uses kids from older grades on younger teams? I'm not talking about a kid who is reclassifying and is now on the team for his new grade. I'm talking about how Madlax has a 2020 kid on their 2021 team, for example.

My thinking as an outsider is that if any of the other clubs had done anything of merit, they would have their own thread. I would wonder why someone who does suck from the Cabell teet would come on a thread about a club they are not affiliated with and constantly bash them, then cry wolf when the same thing is done in turn.
This is all so stupid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right. No VLC thread with 48 pages. That club isn't interesting enough to fill 48 words in a comment. VLC = Next Level 2.0. Time to move on everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf dad here. I guess you guys feel the need to bash other clubs instead of addressing the accusations.

Glad to be a part of a club that actually cares about the kids rather than profits. None of our kids are playing down on teams a grade lower.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf has re class kids at every level.
2018 acted like a bunch of thugs last fall at Terrapin classic.

Crabs thumped em..
Balckwolf-"Fake Tough"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf dad here. I guess you guys feel the need to bash other clubs instead of addressing the accusations.

Glad to be a part of a club that actually cares about the kids rather than profits. None of our kids are playing down on teams a grade lower.

If you are referring to VLC, you may not play down a grade, but you did play you whole team down a division in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 86 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard