BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 55 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its like groundhog day all over again.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah, they really deserve kudos to travelling to CO to beat teams 30-0.

They have a few very skilled players. When the fall comes around, this Team 91 2020 team will lose to several other teams.

When they do play legit 2019 teams, they get steamrolled.

You mean when the Fall comes around and all your kids reclass to 2020? So ignorant- a team doesn't go from being dominant to losing playing against age appropriate kids. The holdbacks better show up good and strong otherwise they will take a fall for playing younger, smaller kids.

Don't be a hater, you are just jealous that they don't have to be left back and can still compete and a good handful of the holdbacks will lose their desired college spots to some of these age appropriate kids. Sweet Lax was a great national team- no shock there. Good for them!

I can't imagine another 2020 team having done any better- can you? From the tweets going out, sounds like they had a good run this tourney and have nothing to hide or hang their heads.

I think Crush does have a number of kids born in 2001, I also think a number of their best players fall in that category, so they're technically holdbacks, just did it at a younger age.

You should think again until you get the facts.

What are the facts? Would love to know.

Call the coach, tell him you are obsessed with his team, specifically, the best players and ask for the roster with birthdates if you need verification. We won't hear from you again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This againnnnnn

Topics that don't get addressed get revisited time and time again. If someone could confirm or deny that they're best players are or aren't born in 2001 (other than the one that everybody knows isn't), then this wouldn't be an issue. So what's it going to be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, they really deserve kudos to travelling to CO to beat teams 30-0.

They have a few very skilled players. When the fall comes around, this Team 91 2020 team will lose to several other teams.

When they do play legit 2019 teams, they get steamrolled.

You mean when the Fall comes around and all your kids reclass to 2020? So ignorant- a team doesn't go from being dominant to losing playing against age appropriate kids. The holdbacks better show up good and strong otherwise they will take a fall for playing younger, smaller kids.

Don't be a hater, you are just jealous that they don't have to be left back and can still compete and a good handful of the holdbacks will lose their desired college spots to some of these age appropriate kids. Sweet Lax was a great national team- no shock there. Good for them!

I can't imagine another 2020 team having done any better- can you? From the tweets going out, sounds like they had a good run this tourney and have nothing to hide or hang their heads.

I think Crush does have a number of kids born in 2001, I also think a number of their best players fall in that category, so they're technically holdbacks, just did it at a younger age.

You should think again until you get the facts.

What are the facts? Would love to know.

Call the coach, tell him you are obsessed with his team, specifically, the best players and ask for the roster with birthdates if you need verification. We won't hear from you again.

is this a sore subject for you? why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever wrote that is 100 pct correct there best kids are 2001. FACT!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Use this effort to improve your sons game and you will be astonished his improvement

User
User
This againnnnnn

Topics that don't get addressed get revisited time and time again. If someone could confirm or deny that they're best players are or aren't born in 2001 (other than the one that everybody knows isn't), then this wouldn't be an issue. So what's it going to be?

I'll address it for the 10th time.
They do not have any holdbacks.
Why is that so hard to understand.
Some actually play UP.
NOW LET IT GO.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a fact now can we all move on there are about 5 2001 dobs on the team... Now let's all agree to move on. Great season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I beieve just about a every top LI team has kids with fall birthdays. Express, Legacy, Turtles I know for sure do. If that is what your argument is, it's lame. People are upset about full 1-2 year holdbacks for athletic reasons. Is US lax ever grows a set and decidesee to enforce some type of age restrictions the fall holdbacks, if that's what you want to call them would most likely not be affected. Now stop your whining, because having "holdbacks" is not the reason Crush is a great team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right no hold backs just started school later than they should have. Call it how it is

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a fact now can we all move on there are about 5 2001 dobs on the team... Now let's all agree to move on. Great season

Sorry I cant move on. They stated all the best players were 2001. WRONG!!!!

2 of the best players were born well after 12/31/2001. I am sorry Moderators you cant take away how good two of the kids really are by playing lumping them with the late birthday boys.

I have said it numerous times... those late birthdates ("whatever") you are playing great on age "Way to go" but you do not deserve to be saying your playing up. BUT THOSE THAT ARE PLAYING UP... KUDOS!!!!! Those boys should really be celebrating challenging themselves each step of the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry I cant move on. They stated all the best players were 2001. WRONG!!!!

2 of the best players were born well after 12/31/2001. I am sorry Moderators you cant take away how good two of the kids really are by playing lumping them with the late birthday boys.

I have said it numerous times... those late birthdates ("whatever") you are playing great on age "Way to go" but you do not deserve to be saying your playing up. BUT THOSE THAT ARE PLAYING UP... KUDOS!!!!! Those boys should really be celebrating challenging themselves each step of the way.

Just because your birthday is 2001, does not mean you are a holdback. It's called a December birthday and is legit! Also, a kid could be going to a private school that has different cut off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great if they were all December but are you sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles had much better showing against older teams that this Team 91 team has done.

Team 91 Crush is pretty good, but nowhere near the same class as the Turtles were at the same age. Not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles had much better showing against older teams that this Team 91 team has done.

Team 91 Crush is pretty good, but nowhere near the same class as the Turtles were at the same age. Not even close.

Haha, that's funny they couldn't even win a tournament this year and by the time they were rising 8th graders they rarely played up and lost when they tried. Not knocking them because they have some great players, some overrated. Local teams can't compete with national teams with holdbacks. And lax becomes more competitive each year. That is the piece I believe you are missing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush lost in the championship game, think that would qualify as a great showing. I remember Turtles being eliminated early on when the tried to play up in the US Lacrosse u15 tournament. And that requires birth certificates. When did they play up and beat a top team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Turtles had much better showing against older teams that this Team 91 team has done.

Team 91 Crush is pretty good, but nowhere near the same class as the Turtles were at the same age. Not even close. [/quote

Yea ok...lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Turtles had much better showing against older teams that this Team 91 team has done.

Team 91 Crush is pretty good, but nowhere near the same class as the Turtles were at the same age. Not even close. [/quote

Yea ok...lol

Half the Crush team will be committed by the Spring season. Bank it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Crush play up a year again at next year's IL invitational or will they play the same age bracket again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Crush play up a year again at next year's IL invitational or will they play the same age bracket again?

I don't think you will see them play up too much anymore. Big reciting year, too many holdbacks, will be harder. Makes more sense to play on age now. Turtles did the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea ok...lol

3 kids max

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The Turtles had much better showing against older teams that this Team 91 team has done.

Yea ok...lol

Half the Crush team will be committed by the Spring season. Bank it. [/quot

Yep and back teaching gym in 10 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any comments from a Crush parent as to why the final wasn't competitive? Sweetlax was all 2001 and 2002 birthdays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they were better!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope your right and good luck to all the boys. Make sure you get a good education and do something good with it. Don't let it go to waste.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea ok...lol

3 kids max

3 kids? That would be pretty impressive to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea ok...lol

And frankly, who cares!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea ok...lol

All their starters might very well be committed, but what about the other 10-14 kids who never see the field?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most undercalled or in fact disregarded penalty is the cross-check/cross-check hold. It used to be if your shaft hit a guy between the hands it was a penalty. Period. Hands had to be together if you were going to punch/jab. Now forget about it. And the bruises on the kids arms and backs are there as proof. I wish this penalty and illegal defensive technique would be enforced, but instead it has been forgotten for some reason. Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea ok...lol

3 kids max

3 kids? That would be pretty impressive to me.

I hope they all go to school and break to cycle of the "FAMILY" business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really believe that crush will have the only kids that commit this spring on the Long Island teams there will be plenty of other kids that commit and frankly in 8th grade do you really want a kid to commit they don't even know what they are doing yet. Why rush.!!?? To the 91 parents crush is not the end all sorry to let you in on this. You have to play to commit so all you sideline cheerleaders that ride the bench you need to find a team to be seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea ok...lol

Half committed by spring of 8th grade??? They are an unbelievable team.....but I would tend to doubt it. Spring of 9th grade more like it and not sure about half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea ok...lol

Half committed by spring of 8th grade??? They are an unbelievable team.....but I would tend to doubt it. Spring of 9th grade more like it and not sure about half.

For anyone with some free time on their hands, check out the Inside Lacrosse website that has the statistics for each 2019 team. Interesting to see how distributed the scoring is for the top teams in that age bracket with the exception of Crush. I love the way the Crush plays and agree that they have the best players in that 2020 age group, but for those that say it's a team effort, that's highly debatable. They focus on a limited number of kids and when only 6 players score all tournament long, and 77% of your goals comes from 3 players, something is wrong with the TEAM aspect of that org. Kudos for developing those 5 great offensive players (and their defense is solid through and through).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the teams in the 2020 group, cant we have some viable discussion that isn't limited to one team (Crush).
Yes congrats to them for winning the WS and being a dominate force, but really people - all this chatter over 18 boys???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be plenty of great 2020 players comitted early ! It's LI people it's what we do Every year! And my son does wear orange ! Celebrate how great LI is at the sport we all care about. Half the boys will end up being teammates in HS and college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 boys. Big Attackman and athletic middie will be off the board early. that's it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams like Looney's, Crabs, etc. will surpass this team in the fall. The team is built around 3 kids. No depth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 boys. Big Attackman and athletic middie will be off the board early. that's it.

If those two boys continue to grow physically and within the game they will not be off the board. Instead like any good D1 football commit they will probably listen and appreciate any offer given and weigh their options. (whether with academic money or not). Their families know what they are doing and have friends who will help guide (not direct) them in the process. I am glad we will get to watch them the next few years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final 2015 rankings for 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My point was those two are the most likely on that squad to attract early attention; IMHO. That's it. no implication/slander/prop/or fact...

Page 52 of 55 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard