BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: 2015 LI LAX FEST
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was really sad to see the 91 2025 white team forfeit their game against 91 2025 orange 15 mins in so orange could go to a championship . Way to go coach Gavin chamberlain way to show 6 and 7 year olds who to compete. How could you do that to little kids, and the parents who spent all that money to travel up there, that shows what type of person you really are. And 91 got what they deserved in the long run, they got beat by a 15 player less experienced "TOWN TEAM" yes a "TOWN TEAM". Little brother or little sister still a "TOWN TEAM"

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
it was really sad to see the 91 2025 white team forfeit their game against 91 2025 orange 15 mins in so orange could go to a championship . Way to go coach Gavin chamberlain way to show 6 and 7 year olds who to compete. How could you do that to little kids, and the parents who spent all that money to travel up there, that shows what type of person you really are. And 91 got what they deserved in the long run, they got beat by a 15 player less experienced "TOWN TEAM" yes a "TOWN TEAM". Little brother or little sister still a "TOWN TEAM"
Next year you coach the team dope. Gavin Chamberlain is a close personal friend. take your kid and put him on another team next year or start your own. you're right they're 6 or 7 years old......the only one who cared about them playing in or winning a championship is you. what did you go home and stomp your feet like a two year old? did you yell that's it...next year we're winning the 8 year old championship and I'm coaching the team!!! Guy relax it's 7 year old lacrosse. don't be that idiot parent no one wants to sit next to in the stands bcuz of your big mouth. I'm more than positive it's not as serious as youre making it. they have plenty of time to "compete" for a championship tough guy. relax they're 7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats a shame, you should chose your friends better buddy. He has no right coaching kids, he has no clue. You don't show little kids it's ok to quit so another team can go further. I don't even have a kid on his team Einstein, so why don't you go tell Gavin he needs to wake up and start caring about the kids and not just collecting a pay check. That your queue to call him ding dong. Go be a friend and let him know where he went wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 won beat syag saturday, syag beat 91 sunday. 2 great games. Kids had fun , went to eat candy, go on rides, and went to choclate factory like 8 yr olds should do. That syag team is not a town team. There are probably more different kids from different towns on syag, then 91. Its ok. There is norhing wrong with that. Just don't say 91 lost to a town team because that isn't true. Congrats to both teams, boys all had fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next year you coach the team dope. Gavin Chamberlain is a close personal friend. take your kid and put him on another team next year or start your own. you're right they're 6 or 7 years old......the only one who cared about them playing in or winning a championship is you. what did you go home and stomp your feet like a two year old? did you yell that's it...next year we're winning the 8 year old championship and I'm coaching the team!!! Guy relax it's 7 year old lacrosse. don't be that idiot parent no one wants to sit next to in the stands bcuz of your big mouth. I'm more than positive it's not as serious as youre making it. they have plenty of time to "compete" for a championship tough guy. relax they're 7.

What was the score when they forfeit?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats a shame, you should chose your friends better buddy. He has no right coaching kids, he has no clue. You don't show little kids it's ok to quit so another team can go further. I don't even have a kid on his team Einstein, so why don't you go tell Gavin he needs to wake up and start caring about the kids and not just collecting a pay check. That your queue to call him ding dong. Go be a friend and let him know where he went wrong.
why don't you tell him yourself tough Tony. man and for a guy who doesn't have a kid on his team (doubt it) u came on here to complain about how Gavin coaches seven year old kids. relax Vince Lombardi touth guy. I'm sure seven year olds ran right to the ice cream truck after he said w're not playing another game. don't be a [lacrosse] your whole life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that's true, then that is really weak. It's OK to lose. Losing makes kids want to win that much more. It teaches them life lessons about the value of hard work and setting goals. Forfeiting teaches acceptance of failure. Not something that we should be allowing young kids to get a taste of. That's shameful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd rather have my kid lose than forfeit. What that showed the kids on the B team is we don't think you can beat the A team never mind the other team. That was unfair to all the kids and parents who paid good money to see their children TRY to get to the Championship game not let's get the league to win the championship. I agree with they are only 7 and the actions displayed by the coaches this weekend has me thinking twice about the kind of league 91 is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 won beat syag saturday, syag beat 91 sunday. 2 great games. Kids had fun , went to eat candy, go on rides, and went to choclate factory like 8 yr olds should do. That syag team is not a town team. There are probably more different kids from different towns on syag, then 91. Its ok. There is norhing wrong with that. Just don't say 91 lost to a town team because that isn't true. Congrats to both teams, boys all had fun.

I'm not sure about that. From a parent perspective, we are paying for an elite product, ie: top-notch coaching, quality training, etc... I don't believe that the "top team" in an age group should lose to a town team comprised of 1st and 2nd graders. With all due respect, it's not what we're paying for and its a clear reflection of the coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 YEARS OLD!!!!! Not ten or eleven!!! It's not teaching kids anything. they don't care!!!! I'm coaching twenty years.....give them two or three years. then they care. I know who's stirring the pot here it's syag parents. and they know why. they see the name Chamberlain that's why. go back to the banks of lake ronkonkoma syag parents and hitch your trailers. A-HOLES.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 YEARS OLD!!!!! Not ten or eleven!!! It's not teaching kids anything. they don't care!!!! I'm coaching twenty years.....give them two or three years. then they care. I know who's stirring the pot here it's syag parents. and they know why. they see the name Chamberlain that's why. go back to the banks of lake ronkonkoma syag parents and hitch your trailers. A-HOLES.

You can teach a 7 year old to pass and dodge. You can teach him to accept failure. The action is indefensible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the end both teams played there hearts out!! They are 7-8 and they played in over 90• weather. There is no need to bash the towns these kids live in, they worked hard and won. I'm sure they will meet again at another tournament and the kids will play to win again! As for 91 what they did was wrong and those kids worked hard all weekend to play. I'm sure this was a weekend of fun,memories, and friends for both teams!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team that got the wrong end of things was Moontown (I have no idea who they are or where they are from). As per Tourney Machine, the forfeit was for the last scheduled game, and it ensured that Orange made the CG at the expense of Mootown. The heat can not be used as an excuse because if it was too hot for the forfeited game, than it was too hot for the CG.

91 appears to be a great organization. They clearly know how to coach, and I can only assume the kids have fun and are getting better, simply because there are no shortage of families lining up to have their sons play with them. This seems to have been a poor business decision. This is a 91 owned tournament that appears to lack enrollment other than from 91 owned teams. What are teams going to think when word spreads as to what happened to Mootown? Not the best action to take if you want to attract non-91 clubs. And please, spare me with the "they are only 8 years old ... who cares ..." nonsense. If this is true, than why even have a championship game? I am sure the Mootown kids would have liked to have had an opportunity to have one more game.

It just seems to me that if I am running a for-profit tounament I would want the most teams possible. More teams means more profit. If it were also true that teams from clubs I own were competing, I would do everything in my power to be as gracious and sporting to my "guests" as possible, and eliminate even the perception of favoritism for my own clubs. I would think this would attract more business in the future. I know 91 wants to win 'ships for marketing purposes, but they will win plenty on merit alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
White was down 4 or 5 to 1, 20 minutes into the game. The building lost power, lights went out, fans were shut down for half of that. The end result of that game was already determined, so all the chatter on here is nonsense. Kids safety comes first, believe it or not. If it really is a bunch of SAC parents posting on here, focus more on teaching your kids how to play the game correctly rather than 2 kids running the team and committing cheap fouls. Rest of the SAC families should be pissed their kids didn't see the ball. 91 will be just fine going forward when it matters. For the rest of the SAC kids, great job this weekend. Keep playing the game the right way, you have a lot to be proud of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitch our trailers? You guys are out of control! Who cares where a seven year old lives or comes from?!? You people in this feed are out of control! 91 lost, syag lost blah blah blah!
It's a game people by the time these kids grow up hopefully the parents do as well! What was done this past weekend was a disgrace and rumor has it 91 is pulling all there teams from stony brook this weekend as well so they don't have to play! What are you people doing and teaching these kids? Let them play the damn "game" let them be kids and stop trying to live threw your kids! You guys have a long way to go, most of these kids at this rate will not even be playing at the high school level if u keep this crap up!
I blame the coaches for this past weekends actions shame on them!
My child was not even there thank god!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
White was down 4 or 5 to 1, 20 minutes into the game. The building lost power, lights went out, fans were shut down for half of that. The end result of that game was already determined, so all the chatter on here is nonsense. Kids safety comes first, believe it or not. If it really is a bunch of SAC parents posting on here, focus more on teaching your kids how to play the game correctly rather than 2 kids running the team and committing cheap fouls. Rest of the SAC families should be pissed their kids didn't see the ball. 91 will be just fine going forward when it matters. For the rest of the SAC kids, great job this weekend. Keep playing the game the right way, you have a lot to be proud of.

I am the author of the post immediately above this one, and I have no connection whatsoever to anything in Sachem. According to tourney machine the game referenced above and the GC were played at the same field (which I believe is the indoor field). Did it get fixed in time for the GC? Did they move the GC outdoors and just didn't update tourney machine? As for the outcome being in doubt, this is not necessarily true, since Orange needed a win, and to beat out Mootown for the tie-breaker. If it was goals against, its possible White would have scored some as the game carried on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am the author of the post immediately above this one, and I have no connection whatsoever to anything in Sachem. According to tourney machine the game referenced above and the GC were played at the same field (which I believe is the indoor field). Did it get fixed in time for the GC? Did they move the GC outdoors and just didn't update tourney machine? As for the outcome being in doubt, this is not necessarily true, since Orange needed a win, and to beat out Mootown for the tie-breaker. If it was goals against, its possible White would have scored some as the game carried on.

oops ... someone else's post snuck in there. Ignore my reference (...author of the post immediately above this one).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SAC? it's syag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mootown should have been in the championships not 91. The other team forfeited so the A team could be in the championships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forfeit means you didn't play. They played half the game, they were down 4 goals. Power went out, fans shut off, bathrooms were locked, it was like playing in a sauna. The game was over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forfeit means you didn't play. They played half the game, they were down 4 goals. Power went out, fans shut off, bathrooms were locked, it was like playing in a sauna. The game was over.

Where and when was the CG played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that's true, then that is really weak. It's OK to lose. Losing makes kids want to win that much more. It teaches them life lessons about the value of hard work and setting goals. Forfeiting teaches acceptance of failure. Not something that we should be allowing young kids to get a taste of. That's shameful.

It was 5 or 6-1 and his kids were getting pounded. The coach did the right thing. I watched parts of it from the space between the fields adjacent to the bubble to see kids whose parents I know. I saw they played with heart but according to the parents their schedule was both finalist teams and the boys were out of gas. From the few minutes I saw it was not competitive but the kids did not quit. The coach made a good call.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 5 or 6-1 and his kids were getting pounded. The coach did the right thing. I watched parts of it from the space between the fields adjacent to the bubble to see kids whose parents I know. I saw they played with heart but according to the parents their schedule was both finalist teams and the boys were out of gas. From the few minutes I saw it was not competitive but the kids did not quit. The coach made a good call.

It was a 5 team tournament with a 4 game schedule. Every team played the same schedule.
Pounded in the sense of getting physically abused? I doubt it. And your contradicting yourself. If they played with heart and did not quit, than why was it the correct call to end the game. Arguably it would have been ok if the boys were quiting. But if they are playing with heart and not quiting, why not let them keep going.
So in the future, any time a team is down by 4 or 5 goals, but is still playing with heart and not quiting, the coach should pull the plug? Not many lacrosse games are going to get finished I guess.
My sons team was down 5-1 at halftime in another tournament this past weekend and won the game. It was hot and they were out of gas also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your missing the point. Not everyone had the same amount of games per day. Hear the point before you just type. The power shut down, bathrooms were unusable, there were no use of the fans. Kids were almost, it was like 110 degrees indoors. They were playing on fumes. In this rare situationx coach made a good call. Taking my child to hospital on a hershey 8 yr old lacrosse tournament would have sucked. The field was like playing in a dessert. I never , ever quit, however this was a wise call.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team that got the wrong end of things was Moontown (I have no idea who they are or where they are from). As per Tourney Machine, the forfeit was for the last scheduled game, and it ensured that Orange made the CG at the expense of Mootown. The heat can not be used as an excuse because if it was too hot for the forfeited game, than it was too hot for the CG.

91 appears to be a great organization. They clearly know how to coach, and I can only assume the kids have fun and are getting better, simply because there are no shortage of families lining up to have their sons play with them. This seems to have been a poor business decision. This is a 91 owned tournament that appears to lack enrollment other than from 91 owned teams. What are teams going to think when word spreads as to what happened to Mootown? Not the best action to take if you want to attract non-91 clubs. And please, spare me with the "they are only 8 years old ... who cares ..." nonsense. If this is true, than why even have a championship game? I am sure the Mootown kids would have liked to have had an opportunity to have one more game.

It just seems to me that if I am running a for-profit tounament I would want the most teams possible. More teams means more profit. If it were also true that teams from clubs I own were competing, I would do everything in my power to be as gracious and sporting to my "guests" as possible, and eliminate even the perception of favoritism for my own clubs. I would think this would attract more business in the future. I know 91 wants to win 'ships for marketing purposes, but they will win plenty on merit alone.

Long e-mail based on no info. Score was 6-1 and White was getting crushed. They were not going to win and it was more likely a kid would get hurt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your missing the point. Not everyone had the same amount of games per day. Hear the point before you just type. The power shut down, bathrooms were unusable, there were no use of the fans. Kids were almost, it was like 110 degrees indoors. They were playing on fumes. In this rare situationx coach made a good call. Taking my child to hospital on a hershey 8 yr old lacrosse tournament would have sucked. The field was like playing in a dessert. I never , ever quit, however this was a wise call.

sounds like a great venue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mootown should have been in the championships not 91. The other team forfeited so the A team could be in the championships.

Mootown gave up 17 goals, 91 Orange 9, The score was 6-1 when the game was ended and there was no way that White was going to score 8 goals so Mootown could advance. 91 Orange defense never gave up more than 4 goals in regulation in any of their games.

Stop the magic bullet theory stories.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the novel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The championship game was scheduled at the same field shortly after this game was aborted. Where was that game played? If at the same indoor location, were the sundry issues with the facility fixed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Power came on about an hour after it went out. It was a field 25 yards bigger than normal. Beyond hot. It was like a game in arizona.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG was around long before Sachem sports club. Little brother I don't think so. People who care more about ALL the kids and not just looking to have the best A team out there Yes. Well I think this 2nd grade little brother team beat there "older brothers" as you put it during the season. No everyone one does not move there just some kids that get continuous pressure from that organization with the promise of you'll only play in hs if you play here. Like they tried with my oldest, but he stayed in SYAG started in HS and is now a starter in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so every game that a team is up by 5 it should be called. Ive seen 91 teams hand to other teams go up by 15 and not lay off. So cause was it cause its his own program or really for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey do you read prior posts, or do you just write. The point, for the 3rd time, it was awful conditions. It was 110 on the field, power went out, do you get it. No power. No bathrooms, no fan ventilation, field was extra large. Kids were going to pass out. Going to hospital to get iv shots at hershey dosent sound fun. The game I agree, no team should stop until final whistle, this was a rare case. Do you understand. Just watching game we were drenched. Kids were so wet, it looked like they went swimming. Its like playing in a sauna. Now lets hear another genius post its not good to quit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey do you read prior posts, or do you just write. The point, for the 3rd time, it was awful conditions. It was 110 on the field, power went out, do you get it. No power. No bathrooms, no fan ventilation, field was extra large. Kids were going to pass out. Going to hospital to get iv shots at hershey dosent sound fun. The game I agree, no team should stop until final whistle, this was a rare case. Do you understand. Just watching game we were drenched. Kids were so wet, it looked like they went swimming. Its like playing in a sauna. Now lets hear another genius post its not good to quit.

Even without electric, it was still better than playing outside and baking in the sun. No excuses. It was a bad move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not good to teach a kid to quit! These kids need to know how to fight on in all kinds of conditions. I will teach my kids to never quit you teach yours if you get hot just say you don't wAnt to do it anymore. Pride is forever you quitter!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your wrong, inside was worse on a bigger field. 110 degrees on field. 8 yr old kids. Not an excuse, its a fact. Bolt of lightning is dangerous. This is not as dangerous , but unsafe for 2 nd grade kids. Do you hear the last sentence. 2 nd grade kids. Coach made a good move, normally this would be awful, but he was right om sunday. Goodluck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lizards were pulled of the field due to lightning, mets and yankees get rained out or delayed. These are grown men. 8 yr old kids going to ER in hershey, its called logic. Ok there knute rockne. 8 yr old kids about to faint, it was a good move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So lets try to get some closure to this back and forth.

Power goes out which shuts down the fans, causing it to be too hot for safe play. Game is therefore aborted.
Instead of going home, 91 orange and SYAG decide to wait to see if power comes on - similar to waiting out a thunder storm. They are led to believe that with the fans spinning, it would no longer be unsafe to play.
After about an hour, power is back up. The fans spin. The temps cool just a bit. Its decided that its safe to play.

I don't have a problem with any of this if all of this is true, although my opinion means nothing I guess.

The better question, is why have a summer tournament played indoors. Seems stupid and unecessary. To the extent that I have a say, and I might, I will try to avoid this one in the future.

And I don't get the constant reference to bathrooms being shut down. What did that have to do with the facility losing power? Did they have electronically controlled locks that shut down when power was lost?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading your post. Leave it at this, because I was there. I don't know nor care if you were. It was almost unplayable. 15 kids playing on 130 yard field, unable to cool off. When power was on , kids sat in aircondirioner between games in lobby area. Picture sitting on a hot beach, but no ocean. It sucked. I never quit anything in my life, I never would allow my kids to quit. This was a wise choice to call this game at the half. The bathroom reference means when you want to go wet your face like a human, you are unable to. The doors were locked. Ok do you understand.

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard