BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Killing PAL does not make us better. It helps the haves and kills the have nots. Is our goal to offer Lax to young girls to play a sport, learn team work, life lessons, etc pre 8th grade. or is it to have a club play together year round so they can better compete with Md in an elite club setting? I see PAL and SCGL getting a bad rap. It is what it is. Town teams.

"If we can cull the sport of the girls that can't catch and throw in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grade we could be a lot better when we compete with MD during the summer. That would be great." hmmmm.

That is a very short sighted view. There is still rec lacrosse in MD. Most girls still play for their local rec council up until 6th grade or so. At that point, the better girls move to club and all girls can also play for their school. While I agree that the clubs have hurt the middle school rec leagues, it's not like all the kids don't have a place to play.

The club programs in MD have decimated the MYLA (rec) programs on the boys side and are in the process of decimating the girls side as well. It is sad to see. In many cases, the club experience is not materially better than rec while being far more expensive.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If Long Island /New [lacrosse] girl Lax teams/players are such a joke , How come at least 5 or 6 of Maryland's NCAA D1 2015 champions are from Long Island & New [lacrosse]???? You Hmmm.?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If our girls in Long Island/New [lacrosse] are so terrible , and yes Md. Is ranked high , but then why are there 11 NY high school teams in The National High School rankings and only 4 of them are Md.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by howley218
If our girls in Long Island/New [lacrosse] are so terrible , and yes Md. Is ranked high , but then why are there 11 NY high school teams in The National High School rankings and only 4 of them are Md.?

What are you talking about? Which rankings are you looking at? Is this for high school girls? I looked at the final - in the top 20 there are 9 MD teams. In the top 5 there are 3 MD teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I miss where someone said the LI/NY girls were a joke?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax, nobody said that the Long Island girls' were terrible. It was just comparison's between the clubs on Long Island and Maryland. If anything - the people running the clubs on Long Island are terrible. Can we at least get a partial agreement on that? Hands?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Killing PAL does not make us better. It helps the haves and kills the have nots. Is our goal to offer Lax to young girls to play a sport, learn team work, life lessons, etc pre 8th grade. or is it to have a club play together year round so they can better compete with Md in an elite club setting? I see PAL and SCGL getting a bad rap. It is what it is. Town teams.

"If we can cull the sport of the girls that can't catch and throw in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grade we could be a lot better when we compete with MD during the summer. That would be great." hmmmm.

That is a very short sighted view. There is still rec lacrosse in MD. Most girls still play for their local rec council up until 6th grade or so. At that point, the better girls move to club and all girls can also play for their school. While I agree that the clubs have hurt the middle school rec leagues, it's not like all the kids don't have a place to play.

The club programs in MD have decimated the MYLA (rec) programs on the boys side and are in the process of decimating the girls side as well. It is sad to see. In many cases, the club experience is not materially better than rec while being far more expensive.

I agree that there are drawbacks. For the better players it makes sense. She is coached by a Varsity head coach 10 months of the year as opposed to someone's mom or dad that volunteers for the rec council. The issue is, there are so many clubs now that are money grabs and don't give you what you are paying for. Most of these teams don't play in the NPYGLL. IMO paying 1500 for 9 tournaments, the spring league, and practices all year is not a bad deal. Maybe I'm crazy. It's up to the parents to know what they are signing your daughter up for.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
ALL the LI directors are in it exclusively for the $$...anyone says diff, they are smoking crack. the true sign is when they add teams at age groups--ostensibly to "promote the game", but really to add to the coffers of their failed careers..just saying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
ALL the LI directors are in it exclusively for the $$...anyone says diff, they are smoking crack. the true sign is when they add teams at age groups--ostensibly to "promote the game", but really to add to the coffers of their failed careers..just saying

Are there any clubs in MD that have 3 or more teams in any age groups?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
plenty on LI

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous

Are there any clubs in MD that have 3 or more teams in any age groups?

Not any of the good ones. M&D, TLC, Skywalkers, Heros, MD United only have two. And M&D only has two teams from 2020 and older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do those 'B' teams from Maryland do, in general? I saw the Skywalkers and Heros white teams (second) at G8 and they looked really good. The others? Do these second teams in Maryland really have cuts? Do the players who are cut go back to their PAL or MYLA programs? To me it makes sense - it's like high school with the JV and Varsity. But, I'm wondering if there is a need for a freshman team....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hero's 2019 white won the spring B division undefeated and went 36-4-1 this year. Only lost to Hero's green and M and D black twice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think you take away the travel kids from the town teams and those teams will still survive without them I think you are wrong.

For the most part the travel fathers are the ones that coach the team.

If you take the travel girls out of the town team mix PAL and SCGL will be destroyed. I for one do not think that is what youth sports are about but I might be in a minority. There is a time and place for everything. Spring is for Town teams and Summer is for Travel. If that puts us at a disadvantage against the MD travel programs during the summer so be it, our high school teams will be better for it in the long run. Many of the MD travel girls play for private schools in high school so there is less concern for the public school program and their town as far as lax goes. I think we have great public schools on long island and great lacrosse traditions in our public schools. Many of the youth programs are very important to the HS programs. I for one think keeping that tradition and connection are important.

There is no where in the USA that has the level of public school lacrosse like we have on L.I. MD's top teams are in a different system. Their system works for them, IMO it would not make us better on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do those 'B' teams from Maryland do, in general? I saw the Skywalkers and Heros white teams (second) at G8 and they looked really good. The others? Do these second teams in Maryland really have cuts? Do the players who are cut go back to their PAL or MYLA programs? To me it makes sense - it's like high school with the JV and Varsity. But, I'm wondering if there is a need for a freshman team....

The B teams do well against other B teams. It's like the A teams. The better clubs B teams can usually beat the lower tier A teams and play tough games against the other top B teams. Typically, there aren't cuts from the second teams. In fact, it is usually a chore finding enough girls to fill out the second teams. Once they are offered a spot on a B team, they usually try to find a spot on another A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the clubs in Md choose to have only one team per graduation year, even if they have plenty of players tryout. Having only one team per age group cuts down on the drama between the teams (a la YJ) and improves the experience for the players and parents. No sniping about who should be moved up, moved down, etc. Also, having only team per grad year means that the team will usually be very competitive. It also allows the coaches to devote quality time and attention to the girls. My daughter played for one such team here in Md and just finished her 7 year career with them this past weekend. Now on to the CAA. Trust me, there are teams that actually care about their players first and the money is somewhere down the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In md, it is known that hs teams are only practice for the club season. Club is where you get seen. Hs runs the same schedule as college so not many eyes at games. Md b teams are not just money grabs for the most part. There are a few that use their names for parents to say they are part of something great but the play on the field says otherwise. There is a clear distinction between ALL "a" and "b" teams but that does not mean that there can't be a player here or there moved up or down.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Girls Lacrosse high school top 25 in country Lax magazine last month. I also Looked it up

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
️️talking like our tournaments In Long Island were a joke and why do the Md. Teams even bother going to them. There is no real competition up here in New [lacrosse]

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Been to a lot of Delaware , pa , southern jersey & Md. and I have been to a dozens of Long Island tournaments . Would I say that any of them are perfect NOt at all , but I have never run into any problems with the teams, coach's , the fields or directors except for PARKING

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I just sent you the listing in a photo to show you the top 25 boys and girls Highschool teams , hopefully it goes through

Attached Files image.jpgimage.jpg
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I'm not mistaken the Heros B team either beat or tied YJ at G8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls Lacrosse high school top 25 in country Lax magazine last month. I also Looked it up

For the most part none of those HS list are worth the paper that they are written on. Do you really believe that ESPN, US lax or Newsday or any other entity is actually running around scouting all these schools and individual players to form these lists? It's a handful of people whispersing into someones ear about this kid or that kid and the teams are what their record says they are unless you look at who they play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did tie yj Mitchell I believe at g8. Heros white lost two games all year. Mnd black and heros green.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did tie yj Mitchell I believe at g8. Heros white lost two games all year. Mnd black and heros green.

How is a club's B team in the A brackets? Or was this in the playoffs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hero's white v YJ Mitchell TIE was a "B" bracket game
Both teams are the "B" of their clubs respectively.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what year was this from lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year, 2019 age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates from this weekend's tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two md teams, two champs. 19 and 20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Heros? I saw their game just before the JSA/LI Wave game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a team from Maryland. From what I hear, they are pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They looked pretty good against Title 9. It was a pretty solid win for them. Actually, it was more like a back alley beat down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did they even bother going to that tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did they even bother going to that tournament?

At least they did not up the turnpike to play another Maryland team. As opposed to driving down the turnpike to play another LI team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the coach or asst went to Hofstra.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the coach or asst went to Hofstra.

Always nice to come back home and kick some butt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched them play and it was not pretty. My daughter's team got dismantled by Hero's. In watching teams play this summer, M & D is clearly the best with Hero's and Skywalkers being a close second. These teams clearly separated themselves from the rest of the pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the girls from Maryland are older within each grade just like on the boys side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched them play and it was not pretty. My daughter's team got dismantled by Hero's. In watching teams play this summer, M & D is clearly the best with Hero's and Skywalkers being a close second. These teams clearly separated themselves from the rest of the pack.

Its the only age group with no LI team in the top 3 possibly the top 5, wonder why that is?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard