Oct 23rd, 2017
SUBSCRIBE

Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#126237 - 07/18/15 10:52 PM LI lacrosse OFFICIALS.  
The Hop Offline
User
The Hop  Offline
User

After playing in and watching A LOT of lacrosse games over the past 40 plus years I can honestly say that the level of officiating on the boys and girls side is AMAZINGLY HORRIBLE.

I think it's time these officials be held accountable for their lack of understanding of the rules.
I witnessed many games get out of control (boys games) due to the fact that the officials didn't properly control the game and call blatant fouls when they happened. These games ended with kids hurt, parents really upset, coaches really upset and complete chaos on the field.

Find out the NAME of the official you feel should be reported, their association (Nassau or Suffolk), tournament NAME and/or game DATE and send it to me.

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#126241 - 07/19/15 05:45 AM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

wondering what you will be doing to hold them accountable?will you be outing them by name or going after the certificate they earned to supplament their income?phillax

Top Reply Quote
#126253 - 07/19/15 08:24 AM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The biggest issue with the officials on the boys HS side to me is that they don't actually call the game according to the rules. Lacrosse is a contact sport but if there is any contact and the hit player falls down a flag is thrown. 99% of these hits that I have seen have been clean according to the rules.

Top Reply Quote
#126266 - 07/19/15 12:15 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
The biggest issue with the officials on the boys HS side to me is that they don't actually call the game according to the rules. Lacrosse is a contact sport but if there is any contact and the hit player falls down a flag is thrown. 99% of these hits that I have seen have been clean according to the rules.

Yeah but you see the same at the college level.

Top Reply Quote
#126271 - 07/19/15 12:59 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Flopping or falling almost always gets the call with weak officials in all sports. Nobody reaally knows lax rules especially the girls rules. They change from game to game quite a bit

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#126276 - 07/19/15 01:44 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by The Hop
After playing in and watching A LOT of lacrosse games over the past 40 plus years I can honestly say that the level of officiating on the boys and girls side is AMAZINGLY HORRIBLE.

I think it's time these officials be held accountable for their lack of understanding of the rules.
I witnessed many games get out of control (boys games) due to the fact that the officials didn't properly control the game and call blatant fouls when they happened. These games ended with kids hurt, parents really upset, coaches really upset and complete chaos on the field.

Find out the NAME of the official you feel should be reported, their association (Nassau or Suffolk), tournament NAME and/or game DATE and send it to me.

really hop? you are the referee of BOTC and you miss a lot, you try to let the posters go too long and sometimes the thread gets out of hand - you are inconsistent in many of your rules interpretations from one thread to the other but at the end of the day you are doing the best you can and most of us appreciate what a hard and thankless job you have - much like the hard working and under appreciated lacrosse officials of Long Island - that was for you Campy

Top Reply Quote
#126277 - 07/19/15 01:56 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: Anonymous]  
TommyM Offline
Back of THE CAGE
TommyM  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

NY
Originally Posted by The Hop

really hop? you are the referee of BOTC and you miss a lot, you try to let the posters go too long and sometimes the thread gets out of hand - you are inconsistent in many of your rules interpretations from one thread to the other but at the end of the day you are doing the best you can and most of us appreciate what a hard and thankless job you have - much like the hard working and under appreciated lacrosse officials of Long Island - that was for you Campy

FYI.. The Hop is not the only referee here at BOTC and is probably not missing anything.. Like you, he is entitled to his opinion.. not really.. he is MORE entitled than you, he is not anonymous.

Top Reply Quote
#126278 - 07/19/15 02:08 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: Anonymous]  
The Hop Offline
User
The Hop  Offline
User

wondering what you will be doing to hold them accountable?will you be outing them by name or going after the certificate they earned to supplament their income?phillax

Maybe both.

Top Reply Quote
#126296 - 07/19/15 04:18 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

actually I saw some excellent officiating in the summer league.

Top Reply Quote
#126297 - 07/19/15 04:30 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok Mr Official. Lol

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#126300 - 07/19/15 05:26 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok Mr Official. Lol

Actually no, I'm a coach. lol u big mouth dad hanging over the fence yelling loose ball push!!!!

Top Reply Quote
#126307 - 07/19/15 06:27 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are going to take parents skewed opinions and go tell on the refs ? What a joke.

Top Reply Quote
#126309 - 07/19/15 06:59 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

no I said refs in south shore summer league were pretty solid. no issues. that's all.

Top Reply Quote
#126310 - 07/19/15 07:13 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: Anonymous]  
The Hop Offline
User
The Hop  Offline
User

You are going to take parents skewed opinions and go tell on the refs ? What a joke.

Actually I will be reporting these findings to US Lacrosse for review. Control of officials may be shifted as the level of officiating from some is far below standards.
Some are great....some are really bad. Bad ones will be eliminated.

But thanks for the stupid response.

Top Reply Quote
#126311 - 07/19/15 07:18 PM Re: LI lacrosse OFFICIALS. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question....as in other section 11 sports....when it's play off time in lacrosse, is there the same selection for post season officiating. in other words I believe let's say in football or basketball the refs are rated by coaches throughout the season and the best work post season games. also I'd like know....these club tournaments I figure are held to a higher level than let's say a PAL game. are the officials specifically selected for those tournaments as well. I mean is there a selection committee for tournament play where officials are chosen?

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams