BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31
Re: Conflicts! When HS Coaches Incorporate Summer Tournament Teams in Town
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have read here several times that HS coaches are prohibited from coaching a team with more than 4-5 players from their HS during the offseason (or something similar). Also reference was made just recently to the prohibition against HS coaches using HS/public fields for their club teams. I am in a situation where the coach has informed the HS players that they won't play on varsity unless they play in the HS Coach's club team or at least attend certain tournaments with the HS Coach's club team. Can anyone point to the specific regulations/laws or point me in the right direction? I have looked but have not been able to find anything. Thanks

Many years ago a coach could not be with his kids during the off-season. A dad used to coach my summer and winter lax teams. That however, is not the case anymore. Also, with the use of fields, a coach simply has to fill out a form to use the fields of the high school or other district fields Anyone can fill out the form and then the AD approves it. Here are the section XI rules on off-season practices. Basically, you can't put it in writing that off-season is mandatory. You can just "highly suggest".

VII. Out of Season Practice Policy
On May 24, 2000, the Section XI Athletic Council eliminated the Section XI Out of Season Practice Policy (sometimes referred to as the 49% rule) entirely!

Understand, however, that this action does not necessarily make practicing out of season OK. Schools are still bound by the NYSPHSAA regulations. They are:

NYSPHSAA REGULATION - PRACTICE SESSIONS:
a. An organized practice in grades 7-12 is a session for the purpose of providing instruction and practice in physical conditioning activities, skills, team play, and game strategy designed expressly for that sport under the supervision of a qualified coach appointed by the Board of Education of the local school district. Such instruction and practice shall be held only during the season designated for that sport.
c. School sponsored activities conducted out of the sport season such as general conditioning, weight training, weight lifting, intramurals, recreation, open gyms, club activities and camps are permitted: 1. If such programs are not mandated by coaches or school personnel; 2. If such programs are available to all students.
d. Non-school sponsored activities are permitted if such programs are not mandated by coaches or school personnel. It is recommended that no school equipment be used for these programs as per State Comptroller Opinion 85-37.

Rev 5/11

This is very helpful and enlightening. What, then, is the difference between a math teacher not being able to tutor/give extra help to one of their students for money and a coach running a summer sports program (which is now all year) in which their players pay money for? I don't think their is a difference yet the coach is allowed to take money from their players and the math teacher can't do the same with his/her student. He conflicts are the same.

Start a math club. You can even run a for profit math competition at the high school in the summer. Have students from around the country come and pay $250 - $300 per student to compete in the Math Olympics. Maybe you could have professors and admissions officers from Harvard , Princeton, Stanford, MIT etc... come and recruit the math students.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade would probably dominate that as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade would probably dominate that as well.

You mean Regis would dominate, that's where the "really" smart kids go. Sorry, try again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to start the girls math club. We can get the best math students from LI and every weekend we can all get on the NJ Turnpike all summer to compete against the good math clubs from Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have read here several times that HS coaches are prohibited from coaching a team with more than 4-5 players from their HS during the offseason (or something similar). Also reference was made just recently to the prohibition against HS coaches using HS/public fields for their club teams. I am in a situation where the coach has informed the HS players that they won't play on varsity unless they play in the HS Coach's club team or at least attend certain tournaments with the HS Coach's club team. Can anyone point to the specific regulations/laws or point me in the right direction? I have looked but have not been able to find anything. Thanks

Many years ago a coach could not be with his kids during the off-season. A dad used to coach my summer and winter lax teams. That however, is not the case anymore. Also, with the use of fields, a coach simply has to fill out a form to use the fields of the high school or other district fields Anyone can fill out the form and then the AD approves it. Here are the section XI rules on off-season practices. Basically, you can't put it in writing that off-season is mandatory. You can just "highly suggest".

VII. Out of Season Practice Policy
On May 24, 2000, the Section XI Athletic Council eliminated the Section XI Out of Season Practice Policy (sometimes referred to as the 49% rule) entirely!

Understand, however, that this action does not necessarily make practicing out of season OK. Schools are still bound by the NYSPHSAA regulations. They are:

NYSPHSAA REGULATION - PRACTICE SESSIONS:
a. An organized practice in grades 7-12 is a session for the purpose of providing instruction and practice in physical conditioning activities, skills, team play, and game strategy designed expressly for that sport under the supervision of a qualified coach appointed by the Board of Education of the local school district. Such instruction and practice shall be held only during the season designated for that sport.
c. School sponsored activities conducted out of the sport season such as general conditioning, weight training, weight lifting, intramurals, recreation, open gyms, club activities and camps are permitted: 1. If such programs are not mandated by coaches or school personnel; 2. If such programs are available to all students.
d. Non-school sponsored activities are permitted if such programs are not mandated by coaches or school personnel. It is recommended that no school equipment be used for these programs as per State Comptroller Opinion 85-37.

Rev 5/11

This is very helpful and enlightening. What, then, is the difference between a math teacher not being able to tutor/give extra help to one of their students for money and a coach running a summer sports program (which is now all year) in which their players pay money for? I don't think their is a difference yet the coach is allowed to take money from their players and the math teacher can't do the same with his/her student. He conflicts are the same.

Start a math club. You can even run a for profit math competition at the high school in the summer. Have students from around the country come and pay $250 - $300 per student to compete in the Math Olympics. Maybe you could have professors and admissions officers from Harvard , Princeton, Stanford, MIT etc... come and recruit the math students.

You sound like a lawyer. For anyone who is trafficking on this website they're more likely to spend their last dollar forking it over to a lacrosse coach than setting up a math fair. The issue is that coaches, and teachers, already hold the cards vis-a-vis the students/athletes. When you introduce travel programs run by their coaches the kids, and their parents, lose any leverage they might have. The coaches dictate where the kid can play and where the money goes. Look at the travel programs run by high school coaches , everyone knows which ones they are, a kid can't go outside their coaches program or they're run out of town. Don't see any difference between a school coach and a school teacher.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a conflict and it is getting worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem North Lacrosse is one of the biggest conflicts by forcing youth coaches to funneling players to the high school coaches to pay there salaries for the summer. A lot of people don't want to do it but feel they will be excommunicated if they don't.

Just let volunteers coach the kids and help when you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
excommunicated for not playing for norths summer lax program?? Those coaches should be ashamed of themselves. but I know they're not because as the previous poster said those parents are paying their summer salary. dumb. I know some of the kids and parents on the rising 7/8 grade team. keep drinking the kool aid. those coaches could care less. they love your money. a total disrespect to north's hs football program because it's interfering with their summer workout program. lacrosse season for the hs level ended in May or June. let the next sports season practices begin. friggin selfish. I can't stand what this game of lacrosse has become.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and the north coaches will never come on here because they hide behind those big summer pay checks. point I was making in the previous post is give the boys a break. let em transition from one sport to another. Good Lord!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. They do this all the way down to first grade. They charge $950.00 for a 7/8 grade player for a couple of months and yet mock travel teams. That equates to roughly $4,000.00 per year. That would put them on top of the list as far as most expensive for the year. School district should stop it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup a lot of money. and I'd also like to add that the coaches who's football season this summer lacrosse is interfering with need to start penciling these lax players coming late to or missing summer weight training or practice at the bottom of their depth charts and giving the serious dedicated football players the advantage. and the kids who play lax that also play football and there's a lot of them will make a choice. or the BS summer lax programs will disappear because they'll be missing players too. bunch of clowns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup a lot of money. and I'd also like to add that the coaches who's football season this summer lacrosse is interfering with need to start penciling these lax players coming late to or missing summer weight training or practice at the bottom of their depth charts and giving the serious dedicated football players the advantage. and the kids who play lax that also play football and there's a lot of them will make a choice. or the BS summer lax programs will disappear because they'll be missing players too. bunch of clowns.

Haha, on LI, lax will always come first over football if a kid wants to play D1 sports in college. Just the facts!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha ha ha.. The lacrosse players ARE the football players. At least the best ones anyway. The summer training for football is for the kids that aren't motivated to do on their own. Wake up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha ha ha.. The lacrosse players ARE the football players. At least the best ones anyway. The summer training for football is for the kids that aren't motivated to do on their own. Wake up.

Since the best football players are also lacrosse players the coach needs to treat them with kid gloves. He wouldn't want to lose his best players in traditionally mediocre LI football. Pencil in the kid late to meaningless football practice when he already has a full ride to Hopkins for lacrosse. That will teach him a lesson!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since the best football players are also lacrosse players the coach needs to treat them with kid gloves. He wouldn't want to lose his best players in traditionally mediocre LI football. Pencil in the kid late to meaningless football practice when he already has a full ride to Hopkins for lacrosse. That will teach him a lesson!

A "full ride to Hopkins"

Yep, there are a lot of those

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
full ride to Hopkins??? Lmao that's what those coaches running that summer lax program are telling you? keep dreaming. and as for the lax players being the best football players......NOT EVEN CLOSE! and summer training program is part of the program it's not to motivate lazy kids lmao

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
football and baseball will always be America's favorite games. keep thinking that will change. Lmao

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
full ride to Hopkins??? Lmao that's what those coaches running that summer lax program are telling you? keep dreaming. and as for the lax players being the best football players......NOT EVEN CLOSE! and summer training program is part of the program it's not to motivate lazy kids lmao

Tell that to the best Football player to play on LI in years from Sayville. Gave up his lax scholarship to Notre Dame in favor of a Football scholarship. Oh and there is the standout Football player from Smithown East who is going to YALE to play lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell that to the best Football player to play on LI in years from Sayville. Gave up his lax scholarship to Notre Dame in favor of a Football scholarship. Oh and there is the standout Football player from Smithown East who is going to YALE to play lax.
Right re-read what you just wrote.....GAVE UP A LAX SCHOLARSHIP TO PLAY BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL. He'll play in front of big crowds on tv and in bowl games. heard he had Alabama and Michigan up here in one week. I'd go play football too. as for the kid from smithtown east....let's calm down the kid was a 5'11 QB with an average arm. sure he shined at QB in a.weak division. he's much better suited for lacrosse. FOOTBALL IS KING NATIONWIDE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the summer practice isn't meaningless. in a few weeks two a days and live scrimmages will start. the post season summer lacrosse is meaningless. that season is over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you wake up Jack [lacrosse]. it's preseason training. two a days start soon. just like winter indoor lacrosse training applies to lacrosse....is that for unmotivated kids who don't play wall ball? the summer program is dumb. and trust me I'm not biased. I coach both sports. but once lacrosse ends I get ready for football season. just as when lacrosse season is rolling around I expect commitment from my lacrosse players...I expect the same commitment from my football players when they're instructed to be at practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, on LI, lax will always come first over football if a kid wants to play D1 sports in college. Just the facts!!
hahahaha! here's the facts......football is king......and stop drinking the kool aid.....I'm coaching both sports a long time, in lacrosse as well the majority of kids on LI are playing D2 and D3 Lax in college. just like in football. very few and far between are going to duke or unc....let's all calm down. stop listening to the lies the summer lax coaches are telling you. like I said I'm coaching both sports for an eternity. the majority of lax players r still going to Dowling, post, and farmingdale. take a couple deep breaths parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right re-read what you just wrote.....GAVE UP A LAX SCHOLARSHIP TO PLAY BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL. He'll play in front of big crowds on tv and in bowl games. heard he had Alabama and Michigan up here in one week. I'd go play football too. as for the kid from smithtown east....let's calm down the kid was a 5'11 QB with an average arm. sure he shined at QB in a.weak division. he's much better suited for lacrosse. FOOTBALL IS KING NATIONWIDE.

I know what I said, that it is EXTREMELY rare for a LI kid to be ranked highly nationally in football. Sayville boy is also STANDOUT lacrosse player, hence the scholarship offer. Makes sense that he would take the football scholarship, but remember, this kid is the EXCEPTION! FOOTBALL is not, and NEVER Will be a strong scholarship sport on long Island. Lacrosse is, and those players also play football for FUN! As for the SE kid, he is 6'1" and did get football offers but wanted Yale. Not to shabby! You need to understand that I pointed out two kids. My son's HS lacrosse team had 14 D1 commits last year. If your kid is athletic and hard working, and wants to play a D1 sport, evidence supports that on LI, it is most likely going to happen in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know what I said, that it is EXTREMELY rare for a LI kid to be ranked highly nationally in football. Sayville boy is also STANDOUT lacrosse player, hence the scholarship offer. Makes sense that he would take the football scholarship, but remember, this kid is the EXCEPTION! FOOTBALL is not, and NEVER Will be a strong scholarship sport on long Island. Lacrosse is, and those players also play football for FUN! As for the SE kid, he is 6'1" and did get football offers but wanted Yale. Not to shabby! You need to understand that I pointed out two kids. My son's HS lacrosse team had 14 D1 commits last year. If your kid is athletic and hard working, and wants to play a D1 sport, evidence supports that on LI, it is most likely going to happen in lacrosse.
14 D1 commitments.....nice! I'll watch that Alabama Georgia game before I watch Hopkins duke. and the kid from SE had non scholarship offers for football. and Yale was for his grades. I'm sure his lax prowess helped. listen really look back in history. do some research....there have been more than a few LI high school kids that went on to play d1 college football. yes lax wins that battle but at the end of the day after that college lax career is over what's next? the $10,000 a year gig playing pro lax. yes!! sign me up. lol. the original point was this....lacrosse and again I coach both sports.....is getting ridiculous. the season ended in June or may......there's a month off then football starts. I was absolutely appalled to see some of these schools doing summer programs and interfering with these school's summer football programs. and it's for a few extra bucks right? so yeah like I said just like I penalize my lax players for missing pre season programs.....I'll do the same to my football players who decide they're going to skip my pre season football program because they're playing summer lacrosse. it isn't lacrosse season. this really is getting annoying on this island. everyone is selfish. years back.....20 years that is....sports coaches in school would never do this to each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

14 D1 commitments.....nice! I'll watch that Alabama Georgia game before I watch Hopkins duke. and the kid from SE had non scholarship offers for football. and Yale was for his grades. I'm sure his lax prowess helped. listen really look back in history. do some research....there have been more than a few LI high school kids that went on to play d1 college football. yes lax wins that battle but at the end of the day after that college lax career is over what's next? the $10,000 a year gig playing pro lax. yes!! sign me up. lol. the original point was this....lacrosse and again I coach both sports.....is getting ridiculous. the season ended in June or may......there's a month off then football starts. I was absolutely appalled to see some of these schools doing summer programs and interfering with these school's summer football programs. and it's for a few extra bucks right? so yeah like I said just like I penalize my lax players for missing pre season programs.....I'll do the same to my football players who decide they're going to skip my pre season football program because they're playing summer lacrosse. it isn't lacrosse season. this really is getting annoying on this island. everyone is selfish. years back.....20 years that is....sports coaches in school would never do this to each other.

Clearly you are a football guy, I love football too, unfortunately LI kids are really playing for the fun of it, which is fine. Lax ,which will not pay the bills for the vast majority, will get a kid into his reach school if he is good. It will also get a part of the college bill paid for. Summer is recruiting season, so the boys must attend these events to be seen. That's when the college coaches are watching. So yes, summer ball is critical! Oh, and smart white boys don't get into Yale unless they can do something special, like play lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly you are a football guy, I love football too, unfortunately LI kids are really playing for the fun of it, which is fine. Lax ,which will not pay the bills for the vast majority, will get a kid into his reach school if he is good. It will also get a part of the college bill paid for. Summer is recruiting season, so the boys must attend these events to be seen. That's when the college coaches are watching. So yes, summer ball is critical! Oh, and smart white boys don't get into Yale unless they can do something special, like play lacrosse!
No sir. I coach both sports with equal passion. and I do not disagree with what you're saying about the popularity of lacrosse on LI. I just think there should be a separation of seasons. let's give each coach fair time to get their programs together. like I said I coach both programs. when football ends I don't interfere with the wrestling or basketball programs. and as lax ends I expect my lax players who are football players to be at my summer programs on time. jus ft like I said when hoops and wrestling is over....I expect my lax players who play those sports to be at my lax programs on time. period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh and Lmfao great last sentence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems the topic was lost a little. The School districts should stop allowing the kids pay $1,000.00 to play summer lacrosse with the coaches. it creates an atmosphere of pay and play or your child will suffer the consequences for not doing so. A family should be able to play anywhere without any consequences.

Plus most of the recruiting gets done a the showcases that travel teams go to. Not Medford Park.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friends son played for WI and they charges 200 or 250 to play in 4 travel tournaments. The only need to charge 1000. is to line someone's pockets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friends son played for WI and they charges 200 or 250 to play in 4 travel tournaments. The only need to charge 1000. is to line someone's pockets

Let's hear it. Who's High School team has a summer travel program run by the high school coach and what do you pay to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's hear it. Who's High School team has a summer travel program run by the high school coach and what do you pay to play?

My town has a summer HS team and this year they aligned with a greedy clown to use his web site and email lists. The cost went up over $100 for the same amount of tournaments as last summer. It was $550 this year not including Hot Beds which was another $550. so it was $1100 for the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The idiots at Sachem north are charging $950 for the summer. and people are dumb enough to pay. they're afraid their kids will get black balled once they start playing in school. all of them are afraid. u gotta see the parents. there's a line of them trying to shake the coaches hands at tournaments and practices and kiss up. If their kids are good enough to play varsity lax when the season starts they'll get plenty of playing time. u don't have to play summer lax for $950. that's absurd. these coaches are getting greedy. lining their pockets and interfering with the start of football practice. that's how selfish they are. so if your kid plays football and is a starter on that football team he's forced to make a choice. play summer lax which means nothing or miss football practice and lose out to a kid who wants his position. it's just ridiculous. for all u football parents who's kids r playing summer lax.....don't complain when your kid isn't getting much football playing time in games come the fall. keep lining the lax coaches pockets. brilliant idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there are 1,644 pro football players there are 10625 D1 FSC players. To imply that any kid from long Island will move on to play pro football is at best a pipe dream. The self-vaulted football coach from above knows very little about college D! football and looks like a fool. Big time college football scholarships are known as "head count" scholarships, that means there are no partial or divided scholarships awarded, and every school gets 85 full rides. simply stated, every kid offered a spot is given a full ride in Football, ,mens and woman basketball, and I believe hockey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there are 1,644 pro football players there are 10625 D1 FSC players. To imply that any kid from long Island will move on to play pro football is at best a pipe dream. The self-vaulted football coach from above knows very little about college D! football and looks like a fool. Big time college football scholarships are known as "head count" scholarships, that means there are no partial or divided scholarships awarded, and every school gets 85 full rides. simply stated, every kid offered a spot is given a full ride in Football, ,mens and woman basketball, and I believe hockey.
who said anything about playing pro football or that long island was a hot bed for football. all's I said was that football was much more popular nationwide than lacrosse ever will be. but thank you for coming on here and vomiting up stats and numbers professor. it was very enlightening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is enlightening is how someone like you can function with the rest of us with such a high opinion of themselves. I believe your quote was "but at the end of the day after that college lax career is over what's next? the $10,000 a year gig playing pro lax. yes!! sign me up." alluding that pro football is more lucrative, witch it is, for athletes that don't live on Long Island. What your deflecting is your ignorance to even the college football recruiting process, and what is real enlightening, is that you're a Long Island football coach. It's no wonder 99% of our kids can't go big D1, with fool coaches like you they don't stand a chance. If you're a lacrosse coach I wonder if you have ever sent a kid D1 lax, or are you just a one of those lunkhead coach from a bad lax school collecting an extra $5,000.00 in the spring. Maybe you should stop pushing a sport that very few of our kids reach any level of success in, and end up battered and crippled, and not even get a $10,000.00 a year pro career.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey moron! If a kid is interested in playing lacrosse in college , he has to play summer lax. That's when all the recruiting is done. Wake the f*** up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is a note in 2018 and 2017 asking what the future landscape for those kids that did travel in 5-9th grade is.

I can only presume some of us want to forego that "Club" experience in the later HS years and play together as a HS team with less of a commitment $$ and time so the kids can do showcases and such.

It asked does travel really stop in the spring leading up to their Jr summer. Is it, they play with their HS team in the summer TO GET BETTER AS A TEAM and attend Showcases to be seen.

I say this because to me (in this day and age) you play travel lax (at least on the competitive levels) in years 7/8/9 to establish that you can play on or at a higher level. This level the boys most likely want to play college lax. Sure young dreams, but they tend to be the ones at least 85% of them playing college lax.

So is their Sophomore summer their real last Club Summer. Or if they were lucky enough to get recruited do the colleges state they must play on such and such teams (maybe teams with other recruits their year).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahaha! here's the facts......football is king......and stop drinking the kool aid.....I'm coaching both sports a long time, in lacrosse as well the majority of kids on LI are playing D2 and D3 Lax in college. just like in football. very few and far between are going to duke or unc....let's all calm down. stop listening to the lies the summer lax coaches are telling you. like I said I'm coaching both sports for an eternity. the majority of lax players r still going to Dowling, post, and farmingdale. take a couple deep breaths parents.

Fact is you would be an idiot to let your kid play football period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact is you would be an idiot to let your kid play football period.
Yeah cuz there's no contact in lacrosse all of a sudden right. and I'm sure you played plenty of football growing up. Now the game of football has become criminalized by guys like the above poster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ive recently had this dilemma. Should I push my son to play football. I would definitely like my son to play football. I know what it does for a young boy and how it gives life lessons and helps the boys bond. But really, why do I want him to play, because I did? Yep! (It helps my son has twice the talent and work ethic I had. not boasting or living vicariously - just facts). I know what it takes, and he has it but what he doesn't have is the love.

where has the love gone? Sports are different now, or is it. We didn't have instant access to the games or recaps and reruns. Some of us were lucky if we got to even watch football games. In this technological age information is immediate. You can see the good parts on redzone ticket or the ESPN highlights or DVR it. There is no want or desire. Why, desire something that can be found with their fingertips at a click of a button.

But that is not it, kids are also smarter; Kids see read and comprehend information instantaneously. They see some of the perils of football and it is not lost on this generation. The issues have them scared because they see us scared - and rightfully so. (wonder what the facts or desires of lacrosse will be when they are parents)

But the issue at hand is (lax vs football in/out of season) but is the issue really about committing to something and also understanding what your priorities should be. This is a valuable lesson our kids are learning at a young age.

I also think we all need to realistic. Back in the day summer football were captains practices or 7v7's w/no coaches. Maybe a bit lord of the flies, but you learned how to deal with things and people. If you had other summer sports AAU hoops, baseball, Lax you went to those and missed summer football. And during the football season you barley picked up your stick or glove. You threw around the football. But that has changed.

Soccer isn’t the only year around sport. All sports are now year around.

But the point again is about committing to something while still understanding your overall priorities. All throughout life you will need to break commitments some for good reasons some for ridiculously bad. These kids are learning at a younger age how to make those choices. that is an invaluable experience.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard