BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros going to Hofstra next week. Should get a good idea of tg vs yj since will have played both in 2 weeks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think your wrong about legacy. If I'm not mistaken they have a 2019 team. Didn't they play that revolution team at forsberg?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry wrong team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is another club by the name of Legacy Lax from the Hudson Valley. Not the same as Legacy Lacrosse LI. Legacy Lacrosse LI does not have a 2019 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heros going to Hofstra next week. Should get a good idea of tg vs yj since will have played both in 2 weeks.

Or just look at their results against MD

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay - I took the bait and looked at the results against M&D. Looked from the beginning of this year at the Spring Club championships up to the G8. There were several times when YJ played M&D and Heros. But, as far as the comparison you were recommending - there was not a single instance when TG played either M&D or Heros this year. I was thinking that they would have played at National Draw, but M&D did not attend this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay - I took the bait and looked at the results against M&D. Looked from the beginning of this year at the Spring Club championships up to the G8. There were several times when YJ played M&D and Heros. But, as far as the comparison you were recommending - there was not a single instance when TG played either M&D or Heros this year. I was thinking that they would have played at National Draw, but M&D did not attend this year.

Watched them play , I believe it was lax inception MD vs TG , the game was non competitive ,not sure of final but was 14-4 or something like that before I left .TG lost to Liberty and have not beaten anyone this year ,they can no longer be considered an A level club team. Maybe they reload with some disgruntled YJ and become more competitive next season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched them play , I believe it was lax inception MD vs TG , the game was non competitive ,not sure of final but was 14-4 or something like that before I left .TG lost to Liberty and have not beaten anyone this year ,they can no longer be considered an A level club team. Maybe they reload with some disgruntled YJ and become more competitive next season.

16-6 for M&D black. Comparatively, we now can see where TG stands.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2019 Black will not be at Hofstra next weekend. Who will win the 2019 championships? It's up for grabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really up for grabs even if tg black was there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really up for grabs even if tg black was there.

The games have to be played on the field. I don't think there is a sure horse in this race.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think its up for grabs, I think it's Heros to lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think its up for grabs, I think it's Heros to lose.

Heros is from Maryland right? It's a long way from home and they still have to play the games on the fields.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious that a team from Maryland is driving to Long Island to play in a D level tournament, Club lacrosse at its goofiest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious that a team from Maryland is driving to Long Island to play in a D level tournament, Club lacrosse at its goofiest.

A D level tournament?? Is Heros going to Mitchell Field that weekend??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe more for sight seeing knowing that not any competitive tournaments on the island for md teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A D level tournament?? Is Heros going to Mitchell Field that weekend??

Close, they will be at Hofstra. Heros probably came up to get some good Italian food and get their fill of Hoagies. They probably have visits scheduled for some of the schools on the island, take in the sights and probably play a little lacrosse. Returning the favor since folks on the island drop a lot of cash when they head down to Maryland for all those tournaments in June.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents must be thrilled. Drive to long island for a showdown with TG B team, a submarine sandwich and to visit Hofstra?

Madness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, at least Yellow Jackets and m and d will not be there. Heros can end the season with a bang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A hoagie?? A submarine sandwich?? You guys are not from Long Island, that is for sure...the Hero's will be having a few hero's....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents must be thrilled. Drive to long island for a showdown with TG B team, a submarine sandwich and to visit Hofstra?

Madness.

I wonder if it's any better than driving down to Maryland to play another Long Island team. Why don't more Maryland teams come up to Long Island? Why does it always seem like it's Long Island heading down to Maryland?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madness.

I wonder if it's any better than driving down to Maryland to play another Long Island team. Why don't more Maryland teams come up to Long Island? Why does it always seem like it's Long Island heading down to Maryland?

Why should they come up if we keep going down? I wouldn't. Won't change until we stop going to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madness.

Why should they come up if we keep going down? I wouldn't. Won't change until we stop going to them.

Maybe CR and SS like to stop in Delaware to do some shopping.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Host a quality tourn and all the md teams would come

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Maryland families probably do not like all the tolls they have to deal with just to get out to the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Maryland families probably do not like all the tolls they have to deal with just to get out to the island.

You mean the same tolls we pay to get to their tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the same tolls we pay to get to their tournaments?

I guess they are not used to it. I kind of enjoy it not having to pay a toll every 5 miles or so in Maryland. Like at National Draw, Lax For The Cure or G8. How much in tolls did it cost to go to Marlton, NJ or New Egypt? And let's not forget about those families that ended up staying in Pennsylvania for a tournament in New Jersey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it might be hard to believe, but some teams actually ENJOY TRAVELING AND PLAYING TOGETHER!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not the tolls, it's the competition!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let the competition come up a few times instead of everyone heading down the turnpike. Then we can stop talking about the tolls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let the competition come up a few times instead of everyone heading down the turnpike. Then we can stop talking about the tolls.

MD has many more top tier clubs than LI, they don't need to travel to LI to find good competition. On the flip, if say YJ stayed on LI, what do they get out of it? Not much. As much as LI'ers would like to think they dominate the lacrosse world, reality is that MD has the upper hand in terms of number of quality clubs and venues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD also has some sort of spring club league where M&D, Skywalkers, TLC, Heros and others are playing against each other starting in March. This club league is apparently for the club teams up unti 8th grade. It looks to be a big advantage if the club teams are together and practicing through the winter and early spring. By the looks of it, the club teams are killing off the town teams in MD and the girls are getting the club coaching and development through most of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD also has some sort of spring club league where M&D, Skywalkers, TLC, Heros and others are playing against each other starting in March. This club league is apparently for the club teams up unti 8th grade. It looks to be a big advantage if the club teams are together and practicing through the winter and early spring. By the looks of it, the club teams are killing off the town teams in MD and the girls are getting the club coaching and development through most of the year.

NPYGLL Is what you are referring to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NPYGLL Is what you are referring to.

Long Island needs something like that! Six of the teams that were at the G8 tournament in the 2019 division played in that league. That is a definite advantage to be playing that kind of competition on a weekly basis. When the summer tournaments come around those teams have already been together and had at least 10 games together. No wonder they don't like coming up the turnpike to play - they don't need to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Killing PAL does not make us better. It helps the haves and kills the have nots. Is our goal to offer Lax to young girls to play a sport, learn team work, life lessons, etc pre 8th grade. or is it to have a club play together year round so they can better compete with Md in an elite club setting? I see PAL and SCGL getting a bad rap. It is what it is. Town teams.

"If we can cull the sport of the girls that can't catch and throw in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grade we could be a lot better when we compete with MD during the summer. That would be great." hmmmm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Killing PAL does not make us better. It helps the haves and kills the have nots. Is our goal to offer Lax to young girls to play a sport, learn team work, life lessons, etc pre 8th grade. or is it to have a club play together year round so they can better compete with Md in an elite club setting? I see PAL and SCGL getting a bad rap. It is what it is. Town teams.

"If we can cull the sport of the girls that can't catch and throw in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grade we could be a lot better when we compete with MD during the summer. That would be great." hmmmm.

That is a very short sighted view. There is still rec lacrosse in MD. Most girls still play for their local rec council up until 6th grade or so. At that point, the better girls move to club and all girls can also play for their school. While I agree that the clubs have hurt the middle school rec leagues, it's not like all the kids don't have a place to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island has LISGYLL for 7&8 grade girls. All of the bigger town programs play in that league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island has LISGYLL for 7&8 grade girls. All of the bigger town programs play in that league.

Like Smithtown for example? Not the same as the girls being with their club teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all agree that recruiting of soon to be 9th graders whether in md or LI is ridiculous? Wouldn't it be nice to let the kids be kids for an extra year or two? I hope they change the rules for future kids.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard