BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once the sons win something, then you can declare they will be back!!! They seemed to have regressed this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone knows that Igloo is the best but that does not mean 91 can't beat them. Sometimes I wonder if any of these parents ever played a sport. They think that beating a team one time in a year means that team can't beat them at all. Unfortunately the top teams don't play each other a lot. Would love to see Igloo, 91, Express and Icon play in a league or otherwise find a way to play each other a few times a year. None of these teams would be undefeated if that happened.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not a 91 parent but my son's team has played them many times over the years. Anyone who thinks that Orange Heat is not a top team and avoids other teams has no clue. They can beat anyone including Igloo. I think people criticize this team because their kid got cut or they got beat by them. You may not agree with everything they do but they are one of if not the best 2021 team. They also have fair tryouts and don't have 7th grade kids unlike other top teams.

91 Orange is not a factor this year

Okay 91 parent! Igloo Black Ice is the best team and has been for at least 4 years

91 2021 Orange was 28-3-1 this year. All of their loses were one goal games.

Who did they play worth naming? I did see they beat Rising Sons this past weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone knows that Igloo is the best but that does not mean 91 can't beat them. Sometimes I wonder if any of these parents ever played a sport. They think that beating a team one time in a year means that team can't beat them at all. Unfortunately the top teams don't play each other a lot. Would love to see Igloo, 91, Express and Icon play in a league or otherwise find a way to play each other a few times a year. None of these teams would be undefeated if that happened.

I am not a 91 parent but my son's team has played them many times over the years. Anyone who thinks that Orange Heat is not a top team and avoids other teams has no clue. They can beat anyone including Igloo. I think people criticize this team because their kid got cut or they got beat by them. You may not agree with everything they do but they are one of if not the best 2021 team. They also have fair tryouts and don't have 7th grade kids unlike other top teams.

Okay 91 parent! Igloo Black Ice is the best team and has been for at least 4 years

Who did they play worth naming? I did see they beat Rising Sons this past weekend.

You are so right they should play more everyone travels all over when the better teams are right here ....... There still is only one undefeated team I believe and they are from LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams have the best goalies and face off guys in 2021?

Icon, 91, Express, Team LI and legacy have good faceoff kids
Express, icon, team LI good goalies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For somebody that does not have a kid on the team you know an awful lot about this team. They may not have 7th graders but do they have hold backs? The tryout thing I am not buying either.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who do folks think are the 2021 AA teams in the country? I say this not to rank them or beat chests, but it's actually helpful to know who's an AA team vs A so you can tell where your team stacks up if you win or lose. In my mind, a hotbed A team can run with a AA team on the field but the score will still be lopsided.

Here's my best guess and I have no connection with these teams other than playing some and seeing some play at tournaments and seeing scores against those teams:

Igloo Black Ice
Team 91 Heat
Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
Rising Sons
Cyclones
Mad Dog West

Teams that certainly seemed to have played multiple games at an AA level: Kooper's, Crabs, Roughriders, Express, STEPS Elite, EDGE and Icon

Again, no need for put downs - We are talking about little kids here. The above look like roughly the top 15 teams in the country either way. Some of these teams may play at an AA level less consistently and nothing wrong with that for 12 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This list is a good starting point. All these teams are right there. I got to say in general that 2021 class has a lot more parity then a lot of other grades. Talent is either spread way out, or there is just a lot of talent out there. Either way it makes for great club lacrosse.

The second point I'd like to make is in order to rank teams which we should never do, teams have to play each other several times. One game is never a good indicator of how a team stacks up. The circumstances in which they play has a lot to do with the outcome. for example, back to back games in a tournament when one team is rested, key players hurt, or absent, bad games, really good games by teams. They all don't play enough of each other to rank them properly. With that said in no particular order I would put the most elite 2021 teams down as follows:

Igloo Black Ice
Carolina Cyclones
Maddog Lax
Crabs
Rising Sons
Team 91

The next tear of teams can play with any of the teams above and beat them if they play well.

Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
ICON
West Coast Stars

Other very solid Teams:
Team Long Island
Express A
Igloo Avalanche
PrimeTime

Just my two cents, not that its worth anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's actually been pretty many games between some - not all - of these teams if you look at Beach Lax 2021AA, Young Guns, Summer Exposure U13A and NXT Cup, as well as to a lesser extent 2015 Maryland Lacrosse Tournament (McDonogh) and 2014's Greene Turtle Fall Invitational (McDonogh) and [lacrosse]'s (with 8/1 cutoff enforced and some kids surely missing).

Hawks have beaten Crabs in a championship, tied GT and lost by 2 to 91. I have no doubt they are a AA team but it does seem like they have some tight wins over A teams. Likewise, I have no doubt GT is a AA team, but they don't always beat A teams with lopsided scores. I would have thought for sure Bethesda was AA after last Summer but maybe other teams have caught up. Roughriders beat Crabs and Express at Beach after going 2-4 HoCo - either some great coaching or added players.

It certainly is interesting that two non-hotbed teams lost by only one goal to Igloo. The Carolina team at World Series U13 was the Cyclones 2021 team, so next year should be interesting to watch. Like [lacrosse]'s, that's no true national championship, but like [lacrosse]'s U11 the last few years, they did have the top team in the country win. And what 13 yer old wouldn't want to play on ESPN2 or hear their name mentioned even if not in finals.

Again, none of this matters much at all, but it does seem like 2021 offer a lot of great competition at a high level, which is all you can ask. (This 2021 board is also a lot less crazy than other BOTC threads.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Avalanche lost to the Jesters and were down 6-1 when Jesters changed positions of kids. That is when Igloo made a comeback. After that Jesters went back to their normal positions and won the game. West coast Starz lost to almost everyone last Month at the Express tourney and came in 8th place out of 9 teams. Express is AA and ranks with the best teams.

This list is a good starting point. All these teams are right there. I got to say in general that 2021 class has a lot more parity then a lot of other grades. Talent is either spread way out, or there is just a lot of talent out there. Either way it makes for great club lacrosse.

The second point I'd like to make is in order to rank teams which we should never do, teams have to play each other several times. One game is never a good indicator of how a team stacks up. The circumstances in which they play has a lot to do with the outcome. for example, back to back games in a tournament when one team is rested, key players hurt, or absent, bad games, really good games by teams. They all don't play enough of each other to rank them properly. With that said in no particular order I would put the most elite 2021 teams down as follows:

Igloo Black Ice
Carolina Cyclones
Maddog Lax
Crabs
Rising Sons
Team 91

The next tear of teams can play with any of the teams above and beat them if they play well.

Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
ICON
West Coast Stars

Other very solid Teams:
Team Long Island
Express A
Igloo Avalanche
PrimeTime

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Avalanche lost to the Jesters and were down 6-1 when Jesters changed positions of kids. That is when Igloo made a comeback. After that Jesters went back to their normal positions and won the game. West coast Starz lost to almost everyone last Month at the Express tourney and came in 8th place out of 9 teams. Express is AA and ranks with the best teams.

[quote=Anonymous]This list is a good starting point. All these teams are right there. I got to say in general that 2021 class has a lot more parity then a lot of other grades. Talent is either spread way out, or there is just a lot of talent out there. Either way it makes for great club lacrosse.

Igloo Black Ice
Carolina Cyclones
Maddog Lax
Crabs
Rising Sons
Team 91

Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
ICON
West Coast Stars

Other very solid Teams:
Team Long Island
Express A
Igloo Avalanche
PrimeTime

[/quote

Far assessment but 91 is there based on name alone. They haven't done much this season and Rising Sons belong in the second tier. They are not close to igloo and haven't been at all this season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo Black Ice
Carolina Cyclones
Maddog Lax
Crabs
Rising Sons
Team 91

Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
ICON
West Coast Stars

Other very solid Teams:
Team Long Island
Express A
Igloo Avalanche
PrimeTime

This would make for some tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what do you say igloo? You have the fields. Charge the teams what you feel and put out an Invitation to the top 6 teams before the tryouts start and everyone gets to play everyone.

I am sure Mommy's and Daddy's would pay the $25-30 bucks a kid to watch all these kids play each other. Heck invite 8 teams and let's see how they stack up.

Would the MD and NC teams make the trip? Haha wishful thinking I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]This list is a good starting point. All these teams are right there. I got to say in general that 2021 class has a lot more parity then a lot of other grades. Talent is either spread way out, or there is just a lot of talent out there. Either way it makes for great club lacrosse.

Igloo Black Ice
Carolina Cyclones
Maddog Lax
Crabs
Rising Sons
Team 91

Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
ICON
West Coast Stars

Other very solid Teams:
Team Long Island
Express A
Igloo Avalanche
PrimeTime

[/quote

Far assessment but 91 is there based on name alone. They haven't done much this season and Rising Sons belong in the second tier. They are not close to igloo and haven't been at all this season
The Jesters also beat TLI at Blantant and the Top Legacy team . They should be concerned in very solid team bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The day jesters beat team long it was pouring rain and there were many surprise results because of the rain that tournament. Jesters lost multiple times to 91 White and lost to Outlaws Silver. Yes the silver team. jesters lost to many B teams and played B div at Laxfest. Igloo Avalanche is a decent team and very talented especially for a first year team but they are not an A team just yet. Many times very talented second teams don't stay together long. Cudas are a great Example. They lasted one year as an A team. If Avalache can keep players they could be An A team in time. The second and third years will be critical for Avalache. They need to retain talented player they do have now.

Igloo Black Ice
Carolina Cyclones
Maddog Lax
Crabs
Rising Sons
Team 91

Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
ICON
West Coast Stars

Other very solid Teams:
Team Long Island
Express A
Igloo Avalanche
PrimeTime

[/quote

The Jesters also beat TLI at Blantant and the Top Legacy team . They should be concerned in very solid team bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters beat TLI at Forseberg not Blatent.

The day jesters beat team long it was pouring rain and there were many surprise results because of the rain that tournament. Jesters lost multiple times to 91 White and lost to Outlaws Silver. Yes the silver team. jesters lost to many B teams and played B div at Laxfest. Igloo Avalanche is a decent team and very talented especially for a first year team but they are not an A team just yet. Many times very talented second teams don't stay together long. Cudas are a great Example. They lasted one year as an A team. If Avalache can keep players they could be An A team in time. The second and third years will be critical for Avalache. They need to retain talented player they do have now.

Igloo Black Ice
Carolina Cyclones
Maddog Lax
Crabs
Rising Sons
Team 91

Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
ICON
West Coast Stars

Other very solid Teams:
Team Long Island
Express A
Igloo Avalanche
PrimeTime

[/quote

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You discredit a teams victory because of the rain? Unless it only rained on one side of the field , I'm a little confused by that rational.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You discredit a teams victory because of the rain? Unless it only rained on one side of the field , I'm a little confused by that rational.

It's igloo coping.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did the Jesters beat Legacy Blue Knights? That is legacy's "A" team. At Forseberg Jesters beat the Legacy Titans 4-3 but that is legacy's "B" team. Jesters lost to Express 2022 12-2. Express 2022 is not even a top 5 2022 team. Stop trying to convince people the Jesters are an A team to feel better about Igloo's loss to them. Truth is Igloo Avalanche and Jesters don't belong on this list. The only ones trying to convince people they both belong are people related to Igloo in some way. If Igloo adds talented players for next year they will probably be an "A" team. They do have a great program and great coaching/director. However many don't like that they market this Avalanche team as an "A" team when they are not.

Igloo Black Ice
Carolina Cyclones
Maddog Lax
Crabs
Rising Sons
Team 91

Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
ICON
West Coast Stars

Other very solid Teams:
Team Long Island
Express A
Igloo Avalanche
PrimeTime

[/quote

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did the Jesters beat Legacy Blue Knights? That is legacy's "A" team. At Forseberg Jesters beat the Legacy Titans 4-3 but that is legacy's "B" team. Jesters lost to Express 2022 12-2. Express 2022 is not even a top 5 2022 team. Stop trying to convince people the Jesters are an A team to feel better about Igloo's loss to them. Truth is Igloo Avalanche and Jesters don't belong on this list. The only ones trying to convince people they both belong are people related to Igloo in some way. If Igloo adds talented players for next year they will probably be an "A" team. They do have a great program and great coaching/director. However many don't like that they market this Avalanche team as an "A" team when they are not.

Igloo Black Ice
Carolina Cyclones
Maddog Lax
Crabs
Rising Sons
Team 91

Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
ICON
West Coast Stars

Other very solid Teams:
Team Long Island
Express A
Igloo Avalanche
PrimeTime

[/quote

Far assessment but 91 is there based on name alone. They haven't done much this season and Rising Sons belong in the second tier. They are not close to igloo and haven't

been at all this season

Jesters beat the blue Knights in a summer league two weeks ago. The team that lost to the 2022 express was a high bread of the 2021 and 2022 because the tournament was added on the wed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is this years Marketing strategy to get all those kids back to Orange for next year? Hearing a huge chunk of the team are going to be parting their ways , will kids be brought up from Ambush? Or will they start from scratch? Again what line of BS will keep this team together ? Its funny how large the LAX community is but so easy to find out from loose lips what may go down the next season with people you stand on the sideline and hold that phony Grin .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is this years Marketing strategy to get all those kids back to Orange for next year? Hearing a huge chunk of the team are going to be parting their ways , will kids be brought up from Ambush? Or will they start from scratch? Again what line of BS will keep this team together ? Its funny how large the LAX community is but so easy to find out from loose lips what may go down the next season with people you stand on the sideline and hold that phony Grin .
I have no doubt that that head coach already knows who will be on his roster next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Jesters beat the blue Knights in a summer league two weeks ago. The team that lost to the 2022 express was a high bread of the 2021 and 2022 because the tournament was added on the wed. [/quote]

I hope "high bread" was some kind of auto correct for hybrid - not intentionally spelled that way. Funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is leaving that team, they will all try out again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing to keep in mind some kids are going to hit puberty soon, so from August to next June, kids will mature at different rates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what the guy next to you is saying, you keep thinking that !
Use the imagination .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters beat the blue Knights in a summer league two weeks ago. The team that lost to the 2022 express was a high bread of the 2021 and 2022 because the tournament was added on the wed. [/quote]

I hope "high bread" was some kind of auto correct for hybrid - not intentionally spelled that way. Funny.
[/quote]
I doubt the Jesters can beat the Blue Knights in a tournament. Summer league did not have the full squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a field and a ref and put it to rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer league games are for fun. You can't go by that. Kids don't show up and kids play out of position. In tournaments the Jesters beat legacy b team by one ,lost to outlaws b team by 2 and lost to 91 b team a couple of times by one or two. Jesters also beat igloo b by one. These teams are all evenly matched and should be grouped together and are all second teams in their programs except for jesters. Stop trying to convince everyone the jesters and igloo b are not a b team.

Jesters beat the blue Knights in a summer league two weeks ago. The team that lost to the 2022 express was a high bread of the 2021 and 2022 because the tournament was added on the wed.

[/quote]
I doubt the Jesters can beat the Blue Knights in a tournament. Summer league did not have the full squad.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer league games are for fun. You can't go by that. Kids don't show up and kids play out of position. In tournaments the Jesters beat legacy b team by one ,lost to outlaws b team by 2 and lost to 91 b team a couple of times by one or two. Jesters also beat igloo b by one. These teams are all evenly matched and should be grouped together and are all second teams in their programs except for jesters. Stop trying to convince everyone the jesters and igloo b are not a b team.

Lol. You are correcting spelling and making excuses ? Come on. They lost. It happens.

[/quote] [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're right about summer league. kids don't show up. this year was my first year doing it. 2021 ddivision. great league. that wasn't the problem. it was the fact that it was the summer and I had about 7 or 8 kids consistently each week either not showing up because they were playing on other teams or away with family. sometimes we'd be playing two games with 12 kids. never knew who was coming week to week until they showed up. definitely wasn't fun in a coaching aspect. it'll probably be my last year doing it. it was also interesting to see none of the upper echelon teams participated in this league and I understand why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo Black Ice
Carolina Cyclones
Maddog Lax
Crabs
Rising Sons
Team 91

Hawks Green
Greene Turtle
Bethesda
ICON
West Coast Stars

Other very solid Teams:
Team Long Island
Express A
Igloo Avalanche
PrimeTime

[/quote

and the saints spanked the jesters 11-0 in blatant tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how could you say Avalanche and Jesters and not mention 91 White

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whenever my son's team loses its because the kids cant stay off the "High Bread". I also blame Obamacare. And a Sasquatch. This team is better because I say so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whenever my son's team loses its because the kids cant stay off the "High Bread". I also blame Obamacare. And a Sasquatch. This team is better because I say so.
Lmfaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to team 91 White for winning in Hershey PA this past weekend. They should be ranked with the stronger teams in the 2021 year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played 5th and 6th grade B teams. Not a real accomplishmeent!
Congratulations to team 91 White for winning in Hershey PA this past weekend. They should be ranked with the stronger teams in the 2021 year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the summer circuit the top 6-8 teams in the 2021 group:

Igloo Black
T91
Crabs
Hawks Green
Carolina Cyclones (are they a state wide team)
Rising Sons

I don't see a huge talent gap between these teams like some age groups. Should make for a great "to get to Denver" Battles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very hard picking the top six but for discussion I would have Icon over a few in there. They are better than T91 and even though they lost to Rising Sons at Crap Fest everyone there knows who was the better team that day and it showed the next day when they played Igloo to a one goal game and the Igloo Rising Son game was not game. I would ask many of the Igloo coach's/players who is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Outlaws Black 2021 deserves a mention. Team looks more competitive than last year and has gone toe-to-toe with the named teams and held their own if not winning. Alot of talent. Wonder if they will stay together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the summer circuit the top 6-8 teams in the 2021 group:

Igloo Black
T91
Crabs
Hawks Green
Carolina Cyclones (are they a state wide team)
Rising Sons

I don't see a huge talent gap between these teams like some age groups. Should make for a great "to get to Denver" Battles.

Considering there will be 4 teams from each region, they should all be able to make it if they are interested.

Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard