BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So yes, re-classing = cheating (and cheating another child of an opportunity is offensive).

Can you cite the NCAA rule that states D1 programs MUST recruit 2019s who were born in 2001 calendar year? You can't. The behavior is offensive yes, but it is not cheating.

The only way this behavior will stop is if the NCAA puts an age cap on athletes. No other rule will prevent D1 coaches from recruiting older athletes.

You are right.. I can't point to a NCAA rule or even a US Lax rule. That is on them. Both orgs are supremely distracted by money and tainted with hypocrisy.

I can tell you that most people have a feel for right and wrong; fair and unfair...despite what is technically not illegal.

When you see someone taking something that doesn't belong to them. When a Big Rottweiller is fighting with a Beagle. Insurance Fraud, Taxes, Mistresses, Steriods, Vaseline on a baseball, deflated footballs, etc.

Most of these things mentioned above evoke a feeling of disgust. some are distasteful and some are illegal. We know it shouldn't happen.

Not speaking for the entire lax community, but my guess is that many (probably most) feel the same way about re-classing. It is just not right and it is not in the spirit of the game.

Unless the game is to beat the system instead of beating your opponent.

My son is a 2017 and has made is verbal. Knowing what I know now, if I would have known 10 years ago I would have had him reclassify and them do a PG year. Get used to it it's the wave of the future and not going to change

That's funny. My son would look at me like I was a lunatic if I told him to repeat 8th grade so he's bigger than everyone else.Lots of nutty, flakes out there….

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you dummies were paying attention he was playing on a Ottawa Capitals 2018/2019 mixed team playing older teams (2017s) at the Under Armour Shootout when Starsia made the call on him. Kind of puts a crimp in your whining about the 2019 reclass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you dummies were paying attention he was playing on a Ottawa Capitals 2018/2019 mixed team playing older teams (2017s) at the Under Armour Shootout when Starsia made the call on him. Kind of puts a crimp in your whining about the 2019 reclass.

If he is so good, why the need to reclass? Makes no sense!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can any of you defend reclassifying kids for competitive advantage?
Seriously. Then people who shine a light on the practice are attacked...?

Reclassified kids have an obvious advantage, stop deflecting and denying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He played All Canada Games in the 18 division. Made the 2018 All Star Game. He then played with the Ottawa Capitals 18/19 team that played up a division nd played 2017 teams at UA Shootout. Starsia saw him and liked what he saw. So when Starsia offers him a spot as a 19 at UVA I guess he should have said no? Give your head a shake...every LI [lacrosse] on this site would have done the same thing for their kid. Honestly you clowns need to check the jealousy. Be happy for a kid that has talent and worked hard. Where is the cheating??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because that's the spot he was offered at UVA. Take it up with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can any of you defend reclassifying kids for competitive advantage?
Seriously. Then people who shine a light on the practice are attacked...?

Reclassified kids have an obvious advantage, stop deflecting and denying.

And now it's even easier to do for those in the greater Westchester area (emphasis mine).

From: http://www.houseofsportsny.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32600&ATCLID=210125630

"The House of Sports and Team 91 will also work closely on the lacrosse arm of the House of Sport Preparatory School. This institution will be based at the House of Sports and allows athletes to repeat their 6th, 7th or 8th grade academic year of schooling, while also spending 20+ hours a week on lacrosse training. The Laurel Spring School will provide the academic curriculum, while Team 91 will be responsible for the coaching and progressive lacrosse training program. House of Sports Prep is set to launch in the Fall of 2015, and is currently accepting applications."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But wait...It's only the Canadians who cheat. Team 91 would NEVER stoop to reclassifying...we don't need to...we're from STRONG ISLAND...better fire up the IROC babe...we've been exposed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He played All Canada Games in the 18 division. Made the 2018 All Star Game. He then played with the Ottawa Capitals 18/19 team that played up a division nd played 2017 teams at UA Shootout. Starsia saw him and liked what he saw. So when Starsia offers him a spot as a 19 at UVA I guess he should have said no? Give your head a shake...every LI [lacrosse] on this site would have done the same thing for their kid. Honestly you clowns need to check the jealousy. Be happy for a kid that has talent and worked hard. Where is the cheating??

He cheats when he plays 2019. If he is such a great player as you suggest, he would not have to play down to make himself look good. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starsia represents all that is wrong with youth lacrosse. He should be ashamed of him self,talking out his [lacrosse]! Why publish an article, then turn around and do the very thing you claim to advocate against, and to top it off, be the first one? Terrible role model, hope his team continues to struggle!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That thing is going to fail miserably. This isn't Maryland. And they'd have to bus there and back each day. There goes 2-3 hours of training. I don't see long island doing this. But yes you are right. 91 hypocrite dads if this does anything. The only difference is in the saying if you can't beat them join them. They and long island already beats you. Maybe not all the time. But most. 91 has a track record and can back up their talk even if it drives most of us insane. Won't always be like that but for now we have to put up with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the poster just explained how he was playing his age and in fact playing up when UVA offered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the poster just explained how he was playing his age and in fact playing up when UVA offered.

You knucklehead just won't quit. The kid is playing against 2019 competition.
The kid almost qualifies as a 2017 by age, he is NOT playing up.
Virginia is giving a 2019 roster spot to an older kid, hurts chances of actual 2019
earning a spot. Reclassifying kids for athletic advantage is pathetic and forces others
to follow suit to remain on an equal playing field. No program promotes this
more than Edge Lacrosse. Their teams play down an age division.
All facts, live with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But wait...It's only the Canadians who cheat. Team 91 would NEVER stoop to reclassifying...we don't need to...we're from STRONG ISLAND...better fire up the IROC babe...we've been exposed!

Westchester is not Long Island. Check a map. Very few in LI have held a kid back aside for starting kids late in kindergarten which is usually a mid to late Fall birthday which falls in the regular start date for all other states.

I still believe at the end when the kids take the field in college, those on age kids will fair perfectly fine. Giving holdbacks glory might be great for those kids early on, but the struggle to stay on top once all kids level out will certain cause a lot of stress. It's like the child actor that was once the star, but no longer has the glory, very hard to accept.

I also know of a few kids that did so in hockey and they were miserable their senior year as their peers all celebrated and headed out to the big world to play sports and start life in college. The road of a holdback is fun at first, but a lot of hills to continue to climb. Only the very best, strongest and mentally focused kids will stay on top, of course, all the parents that would holdback know that is their kid, and theirs will not crash and burn. Wish their was a crystal ball for them all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You knucklehead just won't quit. The kid is playing against 2019 competition.
The kid almost qualifies as a 2017 by age, he is NOT playing up.
Virginia is giving a 2019 roster spot to an older kid, hurts chances of actual 2019
earning a spot. Reclassifying kids for athletic advantage is pathetic and forces others
to follow suit to remain on an equal playing field. No program promotes this
more than Edge Lacrosse. Their teams play down an age division.
All facts, live with it.

He hasn't played with Edge since 2014. He plays for the Capitals on a 18/19 mixed team. He played in the 2017 division at UA shootout. If Starsia offered him a 19 spot...blame the kid????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty quiet in here since it's been exposed that the evil Canadian was playing up in 2017 when the Cavs offered him a spot in the '19 class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given the conversation I'd like to hear from the anti-holdback parents their view on the following and whether their sons root for/idolize this prolific player?

2007 HS Grad with lower level D1 commitment
Re-classed to 2008 via a PG year.
Stole a roster spot at a top Ivy program from a "deserving" 2008 HS Grad
Took a rare Ivy redshirt in 2012 stole a 2013 starting position from another deserving player

This is an example of a 2x re-class player. Many boys on LI have his poster on their wall.

Is this cheating?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That dammed Canadian went and got himself a scholarship to UVA. Tell me again how he is cheating?

He CHEATED a legitimate 2019 out of an opportunity to commit to UVA... Get it now? Using an unfair advantage to garner what he wanted. I would bet that most age legit, top tier 2019's would blow the doors off 99.9% of any age legit 2020, that's how he's cheating. Wait till your 1 year reclass loses his potential spot to the new 2 time reclasses that are emerging. Nothing like doing 9th grade three times...

Can we pump the brakes a little and call out whoever this is for being off the rails?

Is registering a whole team down a grade to be successful wrong? YES. However, you don't think that Starsia knows the kids date of birth? The kid didn't cheat another 2019 out of an opportunity. These coaches have a job, and that is to win games. They want to add players that will help them win. If your son is good enough, his time will come and if he's not a 2018 from Edge committing in the class of 2019 is not "taking his spot".

Let me take the other side... If it is not an advantage physically & athletically and maturity to re-class down a grade or two then why would someone do it?

Answer... no one would. The fact is that all (and I mean ALL) the re-class laxers seek out that opportunity to look superior on the athletic fields and in the classroom relative to children that are of appropriate age. They get the attention from a travel team coach because that re-class has the (unearned) advantage of size, speed & maturity and possibly academic success over an age appropriate kid. He looks different on the field of play when competing against kids 1 or 2 years younger.

They get the attention from a college for exactly the same reason... that synthetic appearance of superiority.

Now back to the Edge/VA re-class commit. Would he have been able to get the attention from UVA if he stayed in 2018?
Possibly, but he didn't.... and that 2018 offer went to someone else.

By extension, since he got an offer as a 2019 (not a 2018) there is one less likely spot available for an age appropriate 2019 player.

So yes, re-classing = cheating (and cheating another child of an opportunity is offensive).

I can't wait for the day some of the kids that get over looked are able to turn the tables on all this re-classing. Some age appropriate kids will continue to mature while some re-classes will have peaked in freshman year of HS.

And the Kid, that is the late bloomer,but beginning to grow into his body,WILL get noticed by that Coach...and if they have the grades,they WILL find him...This hold back stuff for a very bright kid,doesn't work..Give the kid in an age appropriate setting the opportunity to perform and mature,and you will have a great,confident,smart and grateful p[ayer on your team..That will give any team 150 percent,because,they know the struggle ot took to get there! There are very legitimate BIG boys that are in their legitimate grades!!!! It still DOES exist!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given the conversation I'd like to hear from the anti-holdback parents their view on the following and whether their sons root for/idolize this prolific player?

Took a rare Ivy redshirt in 2012 stole a 2013 starting position from another deserving player

This is an example of a 2x re-class player. Many boys on LI have his poster on their wall.

Is this cheating?

DELETED kid working the system!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty quiet in here since it's been exposed that the evil Canadian was playing up in 2017 when the Cavs offered him a spot in the '19 class.

I guess the way it was explained, if true, makes more sense. Just don't understand why the was held back. Seems like he is smart and athletic enough to succeed in his proper age group. (Grad year)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is precisely why the coaching staffs that play the early recruiting game "correctly" will not fill 10-12 spots with rising freshmen immediately...but will take a few, leaving the last half or more of the class to fill as they go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this cheating?

I have nothing against a kid doing a PG year, but I do have a problem with teams playing against younger competition with the future promise of a PG year. In my book, big difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this cheating?

Nice try. But not even close. To compare a PG year and an injury red shirt year to a kid who repeats 9th grade three times is stretch at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life. Kids reclass in many other sports, and I doubt you even noticed. For example, most hockey kids have reclassed and/or done a PG year. On college campuses, those hockey kids are almost always much older than their peers in the same graduation year.

Are you going to cry about your son not getting enough PT in HS because there are Juniors and Seniors who are better? LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this cheating?

Nice try. But not even close. To compare a PG year and an injury red shirt year to a kid who repeats 9th grade three times is stretch at best.
If you look at comparative timelines it is not a stretch. Back in 2007 coaches didn't look at middle school aged players. They do now. So a PG in 2007 is very much similar to an 8th grade reclass nowadays. The fact is RP took a sport on the Cornell roster away from a true 2008 grad. This is the same as what is happening today. It is working the system, but within the confines of the system, it may be objectionable, but it is clearly within the rules and thereby is not cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the poster referring to hockey players, USA Hockey goes by birth year NOT graduation year. You can reclass all you want but USA hockey (travel teams and tournaments) will always refer to your son as an '01 or whatever year he was born in. You can play up but you can never play down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son (2018) and I watched some of the highest level 2019 lacrosse that I have witnessed to date this past weekend at the Philly Summer Invitational Showcase. Teams attended from all over the country and proved the sport is spreading everywhere and high level lacrosse is too.

Team 91 and Express North battled to a 11-8 win for Team 91. If Express North had won just a few faceoffs, who knows the outcome. Bottomline, the game was played with intensity and skill even after playing since Saturday in high heat. Kudos to all the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son (2018) and I watched some of the highest level 2019 lacrosse that I have witnessed to date this past weekend at the Philly Summer Invitational Showcase. Teams attended from all over the country and proved the sport is spreading everywhere and high level lacrosse is too.

Team 91 and Express North battled to a 11-8 win for Team 91. If Express North had won just a few faceoffs, who knows the outcome. Bottomline, the game was played with intensity and skill even after playing since Saturday in high heat. Kudos to all the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are the top 2 teams on Long Island both well coached and great players across the board.

Its always a battle when they meet, great lacrosse to watch.

Congrats 91 !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North is a new Westchester/ Fairfield County team. This is not the same team based out of Long Island. Going to be interesting to see how this team develops.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We watched the 2019 final after the intense 2018 final concluded. I too am amazed at the level of competition in the 2018 and 2019 grad years. The final four teams in 2018 grad year have so many great players, fun to watch. The 2019 final with the Team 91 and LI Express North was a war. Both teams played their hearts out and never stopped running. I particularly enjoyed watching some of the old school middies who played both ends of the field. I've grown tired of specialist middies that run on and off the field more than they do during game play. Kudos to the coaches who are encouraging kids to play the "right" way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't the Canadian school system different?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2018 son went Jake Reed this year. He is an early 2000 birthday. Watching the games it was certainly evident that the ones standing out consistently were physically older, not just bigger. A kid who played on one of his teams last year is a March 1999. He shows up at the 2019 Jake Reed this year. He will be a 17 yr old freshman this spring. So there you have it a 16 yr old middy taking FO's against a 14 yr olds at Jake Reed. That is what is going on. There are some man child 2000 birth year 2018's for sure and they are getting committed. But they are truly the exception in the first round of 2018 recruiting. The whole thing is really disappointing and we did not realize just how widespread re-classing was. Would we PG to go to an IVY school, probably but those spots will be long gone by then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We watched the 2019 final after the intense 2018 final concluded. I too am amazed at the level of competition in the 2018 and 2019 grad years. The final four teams in 2018 grad year have so many great players, fun to watch. The 2019 final with the Team 91 and LI Express North was a war. Both teams played their hearts out and never stopped running. I particularly enjoyed watching some of the old school middies who played both ends of the field. I've grown tired of specialist middies that run on and off the field more than they do during game play. Kudos to the coaches who are encouraging kids to play the "right" way.

The LI Express North program continues to develop into a powerhouse. The 2019 team beat the Crabs, Dukes, Club Blue, Leading Edge and lost to Madlax Capital AAA in the final at the Young Guns Shootout on the Marlyand campus last weekend. Great first season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rhetorical question...

With all the early tryouts coming in August and conflicting with football two a days & soccer school tryouts, have the major programs given up on the ideas of two sport athletes?

What are players expected to do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not at all. Fall Lacrosse, Winter Lacrosse, Spring Lacrosse and Summer Lacrosse. They prefer 4 sport athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not at all. Fall Lacrosse, Winter Lacrosse, Spring Lacrosse and Summer Lacrosse. They prefer 4 sport athletes.

LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another question. if you wait to commit don't you lose out on the money offer? don't they just move on to next prospect? if so you cannot pass on E.C.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Express North- great way to end the season making it to the finals of two very competitive tournaments.... Philly Showcase and Terps Young guns. First year team that only will get better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Express North- great way to end the season making it to the finals of two very competitive tournaments.... Philly Showcase and Terps Young guns. First year team that only will get better

Congrats congrats ..what tournaments did they win?

Page 23 of 26 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard