BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a Igloo parent very happy with our team effort, can't say I saw 91 so can't comment on them but will comment on how impressed I was with Icon, did not know much about them but they were very well coached and when I heard and saw whom their staff was I can understand why. Saw them play against Sons and to be very honest they were robbed by some really poor calls against them. They were the better team against Sons in my opinion. Thought that 91 would be our toughest comp from the island but after playing and seeing the Icon team they are a solid team. They had a few solid mids, a few solid attackman, good team def and solid goalie play. Maybe we can get away from the bashing and give kudos to some good play. Very happy we won but congrats to them as well. That West Coast team was solid as well.

Obviously Icon parent.....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if team Long Island has older kids. Both igloo teams have kids born in 2002 that should be 2020 and are held back. If igloo has kids born October 2002 but are 2021 graduate and team Long Island has a kid born November 2002 but is going to be a 2020 graduate is TLI chesting and igloo not? Black ice has 2020 kids too. Give it a rest. You lost. Move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if team Long Island has older kids. Both igloo teams have kids born in 2002 that should be 2020 and are held back. If igloo has kids born October 2002 but are 2021 graduate and team Long Island has a kid born November 2002 but is going to be a 2020 graduate is TLI chesting and igloo not? Black ice has 2020 kids too. Give it a rest. You lost. Move on.

that is not the case with Team Long Island. They have Nov 01 to Aug 02's.
At least a year older !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black Ice has 2020 kids Avalanche also has older kids born before December 2002. You can't pick and choose which teams to police. Until someone steps in and does something about this age issue the rules are that there are no rules and no one is cheating.

quote=Anonymous]

At least a year older ! [/quote]

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I hear Icon Lacrosse is a very good team (1 goal loss to Black Ice). What tournaments have they played this summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black Ice has 2020 kids Avalanche also has older kids born before December 2002. You can't pick and choose which teams to police. Until someone steps in and does something about this age issue the rules are that there are no rules and no one is cheating.

quote=Anonymous]

At least a year older !
[/quote]

I used to agree with following NY state or LI cut off of 12/1 for each team, but I think now, as long as the kids fit the 9/1 cut off that all the other states follow, it is more appropriate and fair, it also lines up with USL guidelines. I don't agree with going with a 2 yr spread, but at the very least following 9/1 seems to level the playing field a bit. You cannot go after one team, because almost every team has 1-2 players that are Fall birthdays due to a late start in a Kindergarten. It will only get worse as the standards are ramped up. LI teams have always been at a slight disadvantage in comparison to other states that use a 9/1 cut off, but now that many are leaving their kids back for lax purposes, you are at an even bigger disadvantage. Any NY/LI team with Fall birthdays shouldn't even be blinked at unless the club announces they adhere to a strict 12/1 cut off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes they did play very well but much credit needs to go to 2nd half goalie who came up HUGE a bunch of door step stops. Great Job good luck rest of season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]yes they did play very well but much credit needs to go to 2nd half goalie who came up HUGE a bunch of door step stops. Great Job good luck rest of season [/quotE

All our goals were scored in the first half. Huge game by the second half goalie and strong defense kept the game close. Game with them and with Mad Dogs far more exciting then the championship. Great day of lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bit off topic but I see the tryout flyers are starting to appear on BOTC. But I dont see an option to comment. I also noticed the team threads have disappeared. I think we should be able to share our experiences with people considering tryouts for these teams.'it can only help to make us all better informed.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A bit off topic but I see the tryout flyers are starting to appear on BOTC. But I dont see an option to comment. I also noticed the team threads have disappeared. I think we should be able to share our experiences with people considering tryouts for these teams.'it can only help to make us all better informed.

You can comment if you are a registered user and signed in.
As the title says please limit your posts to tryouts, practice, or scrimmages. All posts not keeping with the forum subject will be deleted.

There will not be individual threads for clubs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]yes they did play very well but much credit needs to go to 2nd half goalie who came up HUGE a bunch of door step stops. Great Job good luck rest of season [/quotE

All our goals were scored in the first half. Huge game by the second half goalie and strong defense kept the game close. Game with them and with Mad Dogs far more exciting then the championship. Great day of lax.

I've seen a few posts recognizing the great game played between the icon and igloo teams. It is so refreshing to read posts like this. The boys on both teams competed as hard as they could, were respectful of each other and really epitomized what youth sports CAN be.

Igloo was a gracious winner and the icon boys walked off the field with their heads up.

I wish the folks that post inane my-kids-club-is-better-than yours rants could have seen that game and how those boys competed like true athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a few 91 orange top players who are starting to Snoop around to get on ICON coming from an Icon parent . I would say that would make a consistent solid team .

I've seen a few posts recognizing the great game played between the icon and igloo teams. It is so refreshing to read posts like this. The boys on both teams competed as hard as they could, were respectful of each other and really epitomized what youth sports CAN be.

Igloo was a gracious winner and the icon boys walked off the field with their heads up.

I wish the folks that post inane my-kids-club-is-better-than yours rants could have seen that game and how those boys competed like true athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a few 91 orange top players who are starting to Snoop around to get on ICON coming from an Icon parent . I would say that would make a consistent solid team .

Agreed, and most hard fought games are like that. It's the parents that are the children and come here and post crazy things about other teams, their parents, the coaches etc. hope the parents can take better examples from the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a few outstanding 91 Orange(heat players) barely getting on the field and who paid big money. one in particular. what a shame. he'd be a stud on any other team and still get great instruction and experience. his parents must be blind

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You might be right , there are two parents with a dog on their side every game, and Brian yells out their kids name to run faster, and when I look over the kid is standing on the side line. So Brian is fooling the poor blind parents, lol you are a loser.2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange is not a factor this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You might be right , there are two parents with a dog on their side every game, and Brian yells out their kids name to run faster, and when I look over the kid is standing on the side line. So Brian is fooling the poor blind parents, lol you are a loser.2
first of all how am I a loser? second off I'm not sure if they have a dog

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the dog's name?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI, always look for a team that has no dad coaches.au

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree. All the top teams at each grade have dad coach. Like any most employees the hired coach will do the least amount required. If it says 5 tournaments and 20 practices, that's what you are getting. (Which is fair, but they won't take the extra time)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Must have skin in the game to make sure things are done. We have a few professional coaches and not only do they cost $$$$ they don't do anything for free. But why would they....its their job. Most people don't do extra things for their boss for free. There are so many administrative things that go on for each team that parents have no idea about. A regular paid coach does none of them. You can have dad coaching without having daddy ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please look at teams that coaches kid is not the top player and you will find a train wreck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 2021 Orange was 28-3-1 this year. All of their loses were one goal games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams have the best goalies and face off guys in 2021?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best face off kid I've seen at 2021....there's a kid who plays for legacy and the strong island saints that's excellent. not a big kid....just quick and strong. 91 ambush kid is excellent. no idea why he's not on the A team. that's probably some political daddy ball nonsense though. igloo avalanche goalie is excellent. cold spring harbor goalie is awesome too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is their season over yet for God sakes!? some of my players play for them and haven't seen them since May!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express goals is very good
Icon, legacy, 91 have strong faceoff kids big advantage for teams to have kids that can win the faceoff to get an offensive advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a few outstanding 91 Orange(heat players) barely getting on the field and who paid big money. one in particular. what a shame. he'd be a stud on any other team and still get great instruction and experience. his parents must be blind
So what you're saying is that unless your kid is a superstar, keep him off this team? I know of a few of their boys who moved to the Ambush team and I couldn't figure out why. This would make sense why they might move down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are going to lose a bunch of kids to legacy. The writing is on the wall about 10 of there kids are going to play for there varsity coach would be crazy not too. 91 coach listens to much to parents complaints instead of playing the best. Successful record because they ran from igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow 10 kids from same town?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 had a parent coach who played his town players and when someone else took over then they were upset that they lost their playing time. Maybe your kids weren't as good as you thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time will tell my friend. Don't worry you will still have 13 kids and I'm sure you will get others. Cry to the coach so he sits others JUST PATHETIC!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Legacy have three teams in this age group (2021) and if so, which is their best team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-Blue Knights
2-Titans
3-Cannons

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did they play worth naming? I did see they beat Rising Sons this past weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-Blue Knights
2-Titans
3-Cannons

One of these teams in mainly made up of the old Riptide players. I think the Blue Knights took their top 3 but the core of that team is still riptide. Its why they have 3 teams. The Titans enjoy sandbagging in the B bracket at low level tourneys and beating teams by 20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-Blue Knights
2-Titans
3-Cannons

One of these teams in mainly made up of the old Riptide players. I think the Blue Knights took their top 3 but the core of that team is still riptide. Its why they have 3 teams. The Titans enjoy sandbagging in the B bracket at low level tourneys and beating teams by 20

I dis-agree about the sandbagging statement. Yes they are the old Rip-Tide team. They are just a very good B team. From what I have seen they get beat pretty good playing in A, but they don't shy away from playing an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a 91 parent but my son's team has played them many times over the years. Anyone who thinks that Orange Heat is not a top team and avoids other teams has no clue. They can beat anyone including Igloo. I think people criticize this team because their kid got cut or they got beat by them. You may not agree with everything they do but they are one of if not the best 2021 team. They also have fair tryouts and don't have 7th grade kids unlike other top teams.

Who did they play worth naming? I did see they beat Rising Sons this past weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons will be back this was their first full Summer at 2021

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a 91 parent but my son's team has played them many times over the years. Anyone who thinks that Orange Heat is not a top team and avoids other teams has no clue. They can beat anyone including Igloo. I think people criticize this team because their kid got cut or they got beat by them. You may not agree with everything they do but they are one of if not the best 2021 team. They also have fair tryouts and don't have 7th grade kids unlike other top teams.

Okay 91 parent! Igloo Black Ice is the best team and has been for at least 4 years

Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard